Tongkat Ali

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
There has been some talk of this raising progesterone/prolactin, but I can't find any studies to back it up. It seems to do this in women but I can't find anything on the effects in men. Does anyone have any info on this?

z28man

Awards
  • Established
The Longjax I've used from Nutra definately agrivated my pre-existing gyno. Libido went up significantly...literally, and test seemed to increase too as I got some acne and become more aggressive. (sorry, no info, just personal exp)

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Do some searching on this topic. I was just reading an informative thread where Dr. D was talking about this. I just got some of the 20:1 LJ in myself and I'm a little concerned about taking it. Definitely do some research and be careful.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used Indonesian Tongkat Ali at 3600mg a day for a month and never saw signs of gyno. I don't know of any studies, but yes Dr.D mentioned it before.

blind12

blind12

Awards
I used Indonesian Tongkat Ali at 3600mg a day for a month
The dosage differences sure are strange, the recommended (native medicine based) Indonesian dosages are like 1000 times higher than those used elsewhere.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i only use 1000mg twice a day and had no probs just alittle breakout on my shoulders

blind12

blind12

Awards
1000 mg of root or extract ? What extraction ratio extract ? The native medicine uses 50 g of root daily.

blind12

blind12

Awards
20 grams of root... lowish by the native medicine standards but at least in the same ballpark.

I really have to wonder if the milligram doses work, too.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i mainly just take controlled labs blue-up. i get a good boost with that in libido and strength. its only $20..

herbsportal

Awards
Tongkat Ali water-soluble extract

Tongkat Ali is now made available using the latest scientific techniques and the highest quality controlled methods of extraction. The best quality is from a product with 100% pure Tongkat Ali water soluble extract, scientifically processed and encapsulated.

Tongkat Ali water-soluble extract is superior in efficacy and quality. The dosage is standardized and the formulation is based on pharmacokinetic studies and observations, to ensure its effectiveness, safety and efficacy. Scientists and researchers have shown that the water-soluble extract is very safe and non-toxic, even at relatively high dosage.

Visit Malaysia natural herbs and herbal remedies supplier. for more details.

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Tongkat Ali is now made available using the latest scientific techniques and the highest quality controlled methods of extraction. The best quality is from a product with 100% pure Tongkat Ali water soluble extract, scientifically processed and encapsulated.

Tongkat Ali water-soluble extract is superior in efficacy and quality. The dosage is standardized and the formulation is based on pharmacokinetic studies and observations, to ensure its effectiveness, safety and efficacy. Scientists and researchers have shown that the water-soluble extract is very safe and non-toxic, even at relatively high dosage.

Visit Malaysia natural herbs and herbal remedies supplier. for more details.
Um...

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
I used Indonesian Tongkat Ali at 3600mg a day for a month and never saw signs of gyno. I don't know of any studies, but yes Dr.D mentioned it before.
I use about 2400mg of the sumatra pasak a day and have no gyno or anything related.

Funny thing is, the tongkat does make my hair grow faster.
And the hair on my head grows the fastest.

Not complaining, and quite pleased.
Just wondering if anyone else has that same result?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I use about 2400mg of the sumatra pasak a day and have no gyno or anything related.

Funny thing is, the tongkat does make my hair grow faster.
And the hair on my head grows the fastest.

Not complaining, and quite pleased.
Just wondering if anyone else has that same result?
thats the first time ive ever heard of something that increases test to make hair on head grow faster, usually it's the opposite.

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
thats the first time ive ever heard of something that increases test to make hair on head grow faster, usually it's the opposite.
Nettle root does the same for me. But it's only increasing free test.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
Nettle root does the same for me. But it's only increasing free test.
I had the same situation with nettle but the tongkat seems to work faster.
I might half the dose of the tongkat and add some nettle back into my regimen.
Because the nettle helped me lean out faster.
Only thing is I already drink almost 2 gals of water a day.
I had to drink more with the nettle because of the diuretic effect.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
From what I have read, you are right about most test boosting supps.
Also I get a 'ecdy' like hardening effect from the tongkat as well.
I have been doing the recommended 5 day on 3 day off dose for about three months.

Pretty good stuff.
Was thinking about trying their 200:1 at about 1200mg a day but that will have to wait until I save up and go through my X-Factor/DHA test phase.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
have been on the tongkat 200:1 for two weeks now.
1 cap three times a day in 300 mg caps.

way more focus and energy.
i take them before work on the graveyard shift and i'm peppy all night.
and it seems like i can breeze through my work like a demon.
my sleep is more regular and refreshing as well.
and when working out, lets just say my endurance is pretty good as well.

my libido is sky high.
and that stuff gives like insane lasting power sexually.
and when i finally did orgasm...i felt drained like i had run a marathon.
its some mean stuff.

i am sticking with the 200:1 and when my income gets better I am getting the 600 mg caps directly from indonesia.

going to get my GF to try some kacip fatimah.

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
have been on the tongkat 200:1 for two weeks now.
1 cap three times a day in 300 mg caps.

way more focus and energy.
i take them before work on the graveyard shift and i'm peppy all night.
and it seems like i can breeze through my work like a demon.
my sleep is more regular and refreshing as well.
and when working out, lets just say my endurance is pretty good as well.

my libido is sky high.
and that stuff gives like insane lasting power sexually.
and when i finally did orgasm...i felt drained like i had run a marathon.
its some mean stuff.

i am sticking with the 200:1 and when my income gets better I am getting the 600 mg caps directly from indonesia.

going to get my GF to try some kacip fatimah.
id love to get my hands on the 200:1 extract, as the 50:1 I felt pretty damn good on.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
From what I have read, you are right about most test boosting supps.
Also I get a 'ecdy' like hardening effect from the tongkat as well.
I have been doing the recommended 5 day on 3 day off dose for about three months.

Pretty good stuff.
Was thinking about trying their 200:1 at about 1200mg a day but that will have to wait until I save up and go through my X-Factor/DHA test phase.
So you're basically mega-dosing it? I've read that 100:1 can be dosed at 25mg effectively, and up to 100mg with anything over being overkill.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So you're basically mega-dosing it? I've read that 100:1 can be dosed at 25mg effectively, and up to 100mg with anything over being overkill.
He has the ratio backwards. He has Indonesian Tongkat ali at 1:200 at 300mg capsules. I have taken up to 3600mg of the 1:50

LJ100 should be dosed 300-500mg. There is 200:1 water soluble extracts out there, which is the same extract of LJ100. But to my knowledge there is no company/supplement manufacture using 200:1 in there supplements.

Aclaim

Awards
Where do you buy the best tongkat ali? Have found some sites but it is hard to understand all info.

It is a lot of money so I want the one that works the best.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
For those interested in the 1-200
I'll PM you the info to your private emails.
Or you can PM me.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
the 1-200 is a different extract than the LJ100 as Chainsaw said.
It is the Indonesian brand so more can be taken.

According to instructions I am still megadosing it, but I was up to 3 grams of the 1-50 extract.
Plud on the home indonesian site it says bodybuilders can take more.

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
so coould get increased estrogen/psuedogyno from diesel test hardcore which has tongat in it?

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
howd u compare tongat plain to diesel test hardcore
if plain tongat is as good as that
then diesel test must be insane

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
so coould get increased estrogen/psuedogyno from diesel test hardcore which has tongat in it?
As I have never tried it nor do I know all the ingredients, I could not speak on Diesel Test Hardcore.
The folks in the Get Diesel thread should have plenty of great writeups, logs and maybe even some bloodwork info by the members who have taken Diesel Test Hardcore. As far as I have heard from friends, Diesel makes very solid products.

However I have been taking the sumatra brand of tongkat for about 6 Months now
(sold all my other supps except for the cissus and transres)
And I have not had any visible gyno issues or any related.
The suppliers say to cycle it because it builds in the body and even on the off days the same effects stay.
I do a 5 day on 2 day off. And when I spar on the weekends the aggression and endurance is there, and the extra libido is there as well as I work so much i can only see my GF on Sunday.
And any current bloodwork I could get done concerning estrogen would be
incorrect because I did not take one prior to using the Tongkat.

Then again my body easily responds to herbs.
And 98% of the time get positive effects. It may be just my body chemistry.

As far as the gyno, from my reading various threads of other folks on here,
some herbs may actually activate it and some may aggravate it as someone posted earlier.
Kinda of like the DHT and baldness, it may be possibly due to certain hormonal receptors in an individual's
body.

Earl17

Awards
I have been using both the 1:50 and the 1:200 of Sumatra Pasak Bumi
for years. No gyno, no hair loss. The idea that test causes hair loss
is anyway over-emphasized. In most cases test causes hair growth. In
some men, however, hair follicles on the head are genetically
predisposed to die an early death. This can be slowed down by
inhibiting testosterone, which I think is an idiotic thing to do. The
best solution against hair loss is a hair transplant.

herbalfreak22

Awards
I take 1:200 ration root extract from Indonesia and it works great.
A while ago I used to order from this shop which I can recommend for Indoneasian Tongkat Ali.