Term Paper: Anabolic Steroid Use

Smokey3957

Awards
Hey guys,

So for a Lit paper our professor has given us an assignment to write a paper on any researchable topic. We have to write up a 5page script on the issue we chose, and must have 5 sources; 2 of which or considered ' academic, scholarly' sources.

Just wondering if any of you guys had any good articles on the use of steroids/pro-hormones in professional athletes that SUPPORT the use of products. Maybe not so much on the illegal steroids, but more on the use of legal pro-hormones to achieve some sort of advantage over athletes not using them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys. Thanks again!

bombBoogie

bombBoogie

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,

So for a Lit paper our professor has given us an assignment to write a paper on any researchable topic. We have to write up a 5page script on the issue we chose, and must have 5 sources; 2 of which or considered ' academic, scholarly' sources.

Just wondering if any of you guys had any good articles on the use of steroids/pro-hormones in professional athletes that SUPPORT the use of products. Maybe not so much on the illegal steroids, but more on the use of legal pro-hormones to achieve some sort of advantage over athletes not using them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys. Thanks again!
In the field of sports, everything becomes more competitive. Salaries, records and bragging right are all at stake. With a stricter ban in the competitive field of sports, it will signal to anyone who is planning to or currently are using steroids will not be tolerated.

1. Espn.com has an article about the all too famous Barry Bonds and his infamous Balco connection. Balco which stands for Bay Are Laboratory Co-operative was a company that was charge with supplying steroids to pro athletes. Barry Bonds denies taking any steroids, but yet I can not get over the fact that the older he gets the more muscle he gains or how much more strength he has now compared to his rookie years. Too bad that the human genetics does not work that way, I guess this way it proves that you are not cheating till you are caught theory.

2. Washing Post has an article about Lance Armstrong. The best cyclist around currently, and have been accused numerous time of using steroids and doping. The author of this article is Tony Kornheiser; which he states the tell tale sign of steroid user is the muscle mass, and by the looks of Lance Armstrong, which is lean, he then claims he does not seem to be a user. I took a deeper look into a steroid reference guide in Bodybuilding.com about steroids, they noted that some steroids will not pack on much or any muscle, but will offer you a leaner frame or enhanced endurance. The common steroid that are used for such effects are Winstrol, also the preferred steroid for Olympic game sprinters.

Smokey3957

Awards
In the field of sports, everything becomes more competitive. Salaries, records and bragging right are all at stake. With a stricter ban in the competitive field of sports, it will signal to anyone who is planning to or currently are using steroids will not be tolerated.

1. Espn.com has an article about the all too famous Barry Bonds and his infamous Balco connection. Balco which stands for Bay Are Laboratory Co-operative was a company that was charge with supplying steroids to pro athletes. Barry Bonds denies taking any steroids, but yet I can not get over the fact that the older he gets the more muscle he gains or how much more strength he has now compared to his rookie years. Too bad that the human genetics does not work that way, I guess this way it proves that you are not cheating till you are caught theory.

2. Washing Post has an article about Lance Armstrong. The best cyclist around currently, and have been accused numerous time of using steroids and doping. The author of this article is Tony Kornheiser; which he states the tell tale sign of steroid user is the muscle mass, and by the looks of Lance Armstrong, which is lean, he then claims he does not seem to be a user. I took a deeper look into a steroid reference guide in Bodybuilding.com about steroids, they noted that some steroids will not pack on much or any muscle, but will offer you a leaner frame or enhanced endurance. The common steroid that are used for such effects are Winstrol, also the preferred steroid for Olympic game sprinters.

Good information, I'll have to check them out. Rep'd

scorpiond

Awards
I did a report on steroids in my college speech class about 13 years ago. Information is alot easier to gather these days with the internet but back then I used alot of old magazine articles from Muscle and Fitness and Powerlifting USA. I can't remember who said this, may have been the great Ed Coan, but this was my favorite: If someone eats a whole bag of cookies and a whole gallon of milk at one time and gets sick is it the cookies and milk fault or the dumb*** who abused them? Same holds true with steroids imo.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
there is a fantastic essay over at mindandmuscle.net written by Dante entitled "The philosophical justification for drug use."

The arguments within apply to steroids as well.

Jay_Z

Awards
Ever since our teacher announced that we were supposed to write our yearly term papers, I had been crazy (seriously!) running desperately here and there to collect content for research.
Well the same thing occurred to me; I used to conduct the research whole day, saved plenty of various pages but at the end of the day, while evaluating the stuff, nothing of much importance come out.
Regardless to say that only in the brief span of 48 hours I got my custom term papers, perfectly researched and completely done according to my instructions. I am greatly thankful to the whole team of Flashpapers.com for helping me out at that time, when a bosom friend couldn’t have helped me.