B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A very general reply here:

You need to eat more, really. I know you won't believe it but you do. You cannot build muscle on 900 calories of vegetables. I am not going to infringe upon your vegetarian right but you need 800-900 more calories and from protein.

You can easily keep the same workout if you wanted to but you need to get a serious overhaul on that routine. Compound exercises like BB bench press, BB military press, BB bent rows, BB dead lifts, BB curls will suffice.

Until you make those changes you need no supplements, unless of course you supplement with protein. But if nothing changes at all in your routine, just eat more, keep up the cardio and you will get there in no time at all.

I just got my 17yo son to drop 15lbs in 7 weeks by doing nothing more than what I outline for you.

Good luck!

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
WOW 871 Cal's a day....that very specific and low.....like B mentioned eat a bit more.......vegi huh? i would suggest getting a 2lb. "tub" of weight gainer and try 1 serving after the gym (within 30 minutes) buy one that will give you a good amount of protein,carbs and fat (just not sat fat) and see if that helps. i suggested a small container because if you don't like it at least you're not out too much $...other than that you're 16 and getting your training down right now will give you a tremendous "leg up" vs. others by the time you're in your early 20's.....invest time in researching your lifting/training to find a routine that works for you...which it sounds like thats what you're doing here anyway.......you've got a good start and i wish you lots of hard work from here on out (cause that is what is takes).

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Listen to B51 man he knows what he is talking about, ESPECIALLY on the point of eating more.

I was in an identical situation to you going into my junior year of high school. I was 6'4 230 pounds and decided to change my way of life. Much like you I had little knowledge and basically just started doing cardio and eating under 1000 cals (I didn't count calories but I assure you I was below 1000 potentially lower than 700 a day.) Sure at first it was going ok but by the end of September I was down to a sickly 164 pounds and hit a point where I was passing out when I would stand up. Your body needs nutrients to survive and be healthy and by depriving it your doing yourself a huge disfavor (and even if your not worried about that stuff and you just want to loose the weight once I started lifting my lifts were beyond pathetic and embarrassing because I lost so much muscle during the ultra low calorie cutting.)

Now again as B51 said you don't need to be worrying about supplements at the moment because all they should be used for is supplementing a quality nutritional and exercise program which at this point your still learning. What you need to do is look at setting up a nutritionally sound program (which you being a vegetarian I'm sort of lacking the knowledge to offer up too much advice) but look in to purchasing a quality whey protein (if you can order online check out the board sponsor nutraplanet) and make sure to get in at a minimum 1500-200 calories a day.

Best of luck with your goals man and believe me learn from the mistakes of others such as myself, it will save you a lot of annoying rebuilding in the future and you will be much more satisfied with the results.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
The thing is I still have a flabby belly. Should I lose the rest of the weight I want to first before I start rebuilding? More calories sounds scary :(
it's really not. proper macro's with the right type of diet helps you stay fairly lean while building on mass.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
One of my best freinds was similar to your cituation in High school. You need to bump of those cals, if you stay too low on cals for too long its counterproductive to your metabolism and it slows down.

I think youd be fine at even 2,000cals a day. Beeing a veg. makes it a little tougher. Do you eat any type of "meats" ie. fish, eggs, chicken?

As far as supps whey protein would hlep, but thats all I would look at if I was you.

B5150 is a good guy, listen to what he said. Good luck bro, Im sure you'll make your goal. Youve already accomplished alot. Keep lifting, cardio, spirits, and eating ;) up.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The thing is I still have a flabby belly. Should I lose the rest of the weight I want to first before I start rebuilding? More calories sounds scary :(
We aren't talking about going OVER maintenance, we're talking about not being so far under maintenance. At your size, you probably have maintenance calories with your workouts of over 2800. If you took in 2000 calories a day, you should still loose more than a pound a week. sure taking in under 1000 makes it closer to 3 pounds a week, but you are loosing muscle, and not having enough energy to work out effectively. comically this means you are LOWERING your daily maintenance calories, where what you really want to do is raise how many your body uses..

Its the difference between lowering your bills, or raising your income. I'll take option B any time :D

Also as for your workout, I hope I read it wrong. You're not doing the bicep curls + other exersizes every day are you? You'll get nowhere muscle growth wise that way. Even at your age, you should allow at least 1, and preferable 3-4 days of rest between working a muscle and working it again. With only dumbbells it is tough tho for sure. Based on your goals tho, its not all bad. I'd look at doing clean and jerks at aerobic speeds, with really light weights ~ 5-10lb. That will give you calorie burning + muscle toning.

Another idea is to either see if your cable company has FitTV, or buy/rent/steal a set of the Body Sculpting By Gilad, or similar exersize set. You get a pretty decent strength workout doing one, and if you keep pace you burn around 300-400 cal in a 22 minute (without commercials) episode. His include a variety of body parts worked plyometrically so you get a good burn by the end. He has enough episodes too that you get variety out of your workouts.

psychospic

psychospic

Awards
  • Established
The mental barrier is the hardest to overcome. Because you are battling with weight and the physical and mental effects of self image, it seems counterintuitive to eat more. However, if you do it right, divide your meals evenly through out the day (every 3 hours) and eat clean, you will see the fat fly off. Also by consuming balanced meals at appropriate intervals, you will mantain adequate nutrient levels which at your age is all you need to build muscle.

Also, seeing that meat is not an option for you, eat plenty of legumes and follow what everyone else is saying about supplementing with whey protein or soy if you are vegan.

edwards

edwards

Awards
  • Established
every pound of muscle you have burns 40-50 calories a day. So if you were to gain a mere 5 lbs of muscle, you could burn up to 250 calories extra a day.

instead of buying supplements, Call your local gym and get a phone number for a personal trainer. Most of them will travel to your home. You could learn soooo much from a trainer. They will teach you about nutrition and exercise.

You have some misconceptions about eating, weightloss, and exercise. A trainer will help you clear them up.

That's what I would do. Spend the money. It is an investment in your health.
Good luck! I'm rooting for you

MESSPLAY

MESSPLAY

Awards
  • Established
lennoxchi- thanks for the support and I'll definitely look into the whey protein

distilled water- i do eat eggs, but not chicken or fish. thanks for the support :)

OCCfan023- I'm glad you're here to walk me through this being that you went through this first hand. You're right, I don't want to get too low. In fact, I could altogether ignore the scale if I was noticing less fat/ more muscle in myself. Being an overweight kid most of my life I think i have a distorted self-image.

EasyEJL- I do each of those exercises each night during the week. How does working the same muscle everyday hurt it or stunt muscle growth? What are clean or jerk aerobics? I might be able to get a hold of that exercise video but I'll have to see. Thanks alot for the input

B5150- That exercise website is really informative, thanks for the link. You seem to be very well respected around here

As far as eating every 3 hours, School is an obvious constraint. I don't know if I'd feel comfortable whipping out a protein bar in the middle of math class and having everyone stare at me. School is from 7:25 am to 1:45 pm for me.

The personal trainer sounds good, but I don't know if thats an option I can explore financially. Working pays me just enough for gas. I put alot of faith in you guys and the advice you give me, and the rest I guess I could find out from nutrition websites on the internet.

edwards

edwards

Awards
  • Established
when you work a muscle, you break it down. muscle growth happens during periods of rest. thats why you don't want to work out a muscle every day. usually beginners work out each muscle twice a week, with a few days rest between work outs.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
EasyEJL- I do each of those exercises each night during the week. How does working the same muscle everyday hurt it or stunt muscle growth? What are clean or jerk aerobics? I might be able to get a hold of that exercise video but I'll have to see. Thanks alot for the input

As far as eating every 3 hours, School is an obvious constraint. I don't know if I'd feel comfortable whipping out a protein bar in the middle of math class and having everyone stare at me. School is from 7:25 am to 1:45 pm for me.
For the clean and jerks, basic motion is like this

but with a pair of say 10lb dumbbells (may want to start with the lightest you have to get the feel for it), and doing them relatively fast paced, with the downward being the reverse of the upwards (not dropping them:D) do it at a fast pace, maybe 4-5 seconds each direction. It doesnt sound too bad, but try them, do 3 sets of 12 with maybe 90 seconds rest between each set of 12, no rest between each exersize, and no pausing at top + bottom. Do them a little slower if you need to, but not actually stopping or pausing at any point.

edwards already covered it, you don't gain new muscle unless you let the damage from one exersize heal. how long that takes is questionable, but its longer than 24 hrs. you being younger, 48 is possible if you aren't hitting it too hard.

And even if you can't eat every 3 hrs during the school day, the closer you get to that, the better. It leaves you never really hungry, so you don't overeat at a main meal. Hit a quick protein bar between classes, the precise 3 hr mark isn't critical :)

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
For the clean and jerks, basic motion is like this

but with a pair of say 10lb dumbbells (may want to start with the lightest you have to get the feel for it), and doing them relatively fast paced, with the downward being the reverse of the upwards (not dropping them:D) do it at a fast pace, maybe 4-5 seconds each direction. It doesnt sound too bad, but try them, do 3 sets of 12 with maybe 90 seconds rest between each set of 12, no rest between each exersize, and no pausing at top + bottom. Do them a little slower if you need to, but not actually stopping or pausing at any point.

edwards already covered it, you don't gain new muscle unless you let the damage from one exersize heal. how long that takes is questionable, but its longer than 24 hrs. you being younger, 48 is possible if you aren't hitting it too hard.

And even if you can't eat every 3 hrs during the school day, the closer you get to that, the better. It leaves you never really hungry, so you don't overeat at a main meal. Hit a quick protein bar between classes, the precise 3 hr mark isn't critical :)

Yup. Once you get into the habit of eatting, Your stomach will warn you when it's hungry. For me 2-3 hours is my limit. I know when to usually get up because my stomach starts to grumble in the morning. As for eatting something, doesnt have to be protien bar. Could be anything. I tend to eat cottage cheese with pinapple that was already packaged. Taste friken great 100x better than just cottage cheese alone.

The point is, doesnt matter if people look at you funny. Their the ones spending day in and day out doing 100 million bicep curls with little to no growth.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Hey man.

Just want to start off by saying great move to get healthy at your age!
Seems like a lot of kids flounder with junk food and continue to get fat.

Seriously - great move. Just keep on the wagon - don't fall off, esp when you get to college.

If you are interested in my progress - I have pictures in a thread in the Pics section. Find it.
I came from very skinny - opposite as you. BUT - should go to show you progress can be made.

I agree with what everyone has said. You need more calories - good calories.
You are driving your body into a state of hibernation. Your metabolism is likely nil at this point.

As far as eating in high school - depending on how much time you have between class, you could eat a protein bar while in the hallway (or in the room before class starts).

Start slowly increasing your caloric intake. Maybe 100 cals/day for the first week, then another, etc. Easy is right - you do need at least 2000 cals. Probably more like 2500 or so.

Make sure you are getting 200 grams per day of protein. Your body needs it.

I agree with Easy and Edwards. You don't want to be working out the same muscle group every day.
You might break up your workouts like this - chest on Monday, back on tuesday, weds rest, legs thursday, delts/arms Friday.
Something to consider.
Look around the training forum - PLENTY of options for how to structure the bodyparts. Just make SURE you aren't working out 3 days in a row (or more).

As far as exercises - B5150 has given you basic, multi-group exercises. That is the right approach. No need to start specializing at this point.

Another site with JPG's of exercises is ABCbodybuilding.com
Good drawings of how to do each exercise.

Last thing I'd offer is do cardio AFTER lifting weights.
And drink green tea. That will help increase your non-existent metabolism.

Best of luck.
Enjoy high school and college - will be the best time of your life!

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Again thats the EXACT mind frame I had, but still don't be afraid of calories.. clean calories. By keeping your body in such an extreme caloric deficit such as that your body will go into survival mode and actually try to hold onto fat at the expense of muscle which is the last thing you want to do. Where you are right now you can easily loose those 19 pounds with a clean diet and exercise and then start a nice lean bulk to help put on some extra pounds.

Also at the suggestions of a personal trainer if you ever considered that route I would suggest looking into Bobo at FLA nutrition (the board owner) and look at the plans he offered. I did both the cutting and bulking plans after I plateaued a but a can honestly say that its the best investment I have ever made, but I know where your coming from on the finances as it is a task getting the funds for trainers (but his prices will beat any trainer at the gym imo.)

Its difficult over coming mental images and its half the battle but your on the right track here man.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
The point is, doesnt matter if people look at you funny. Their the ones spending day in and day out doing 100 million bicep curls with little to no growth.
Unfortunately - at 17 years old, that view is very difficult to have.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
While I agree with you on Bobo's services, OCC - I seriously doubt he'll have the money.

Fact of life is most kids in high school won't have that kind of cash.
I know I didn't.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh yeah, also to add (I think we all missed it), let yourself go for 1 meal a week. completely let go, don't worry about it, don't count it, don't try to make up for it the next day by eating lighter. Its partially motivational (the excitement of waiting for that saturday dinner) and its partially good to help refill glycogen reserves.

two more food things :)

remember that this is a marathon, not a sprint. You are trying to build habits for life, not to get suddenly slim and go back to how you were eating before right? so small setbacks, or times where things get slow are ok, its the long term results that matter.

Also, althought it may again seem counterintuitive, if your losses pull to a complete halt for a little, its no harm to bring eating back to a higher level, and even gain a pound or two or 3 back over the span of a few weeks, then go back to loosing again. the human body is VERY adaptable, and the shock of changes often helps. So when weight loss slows below a pound every 2 weeks, gaining 2 lbs back in 3-4 weeks might be enough that when you go back to loosing a pound a week again afterwards.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I just repped the kid for his posts.
Love the self-awareness at 17 and respect shown to the elders on the board (coughB5150cough :whip: ).

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah, also to add (I think we all missed it), let yourself go for 1 meal a week. completely let go, don't worry about it, don't count it, don't try to make up for it the next day by eating lighter. Its partially motivational (the excitement of waiting for that saturday dinner) and its partially good to help refill glycogen reserves.

two more food things :)

remember that this is a marathon, not a sprint. You are trying to build habits for life, not to get suddenly slim and go back to how you were eating before right? so small setbacks, or times where things get slow are ok, its the long term results that matter.

Also, althought it may again seem counterintuitive, if your losses pull to a complete halt for a little, its no harm to bring eating back to a higher level, and even gain a pound or two or 3 back over the span of a few weeks, then go back to loosing again. the human body is VERY adaptable, and the shock of changes often helps. So when weight loss slows below a pound every 2 weeks, gaining 2 lbs back in 3-4 weeks might be enough that when you go back to loosing a pound a week again afterwards.

why hasnt this guy been offered a rep position yet :toofunny:

very good posting as usual.

I too have just gotten the biggest cheat meal of my life yesterday night. mnnn fried lamb chop, slighly sizzled shrimp covered in mayo and then some. Agian just restating what easy said. Don't worry about bumping the calories. Theres a difference between getting 3000 calories off donuts and pizza than 3000 calories off oats, lean chicken, and all the other goodies.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I enjoy being a free agent as I can make fun of anyone's product that way ;) remember with bobo's new announcement, reps can't take cheap shots at other companies products. I however can :D

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just to add, I know where you are coming from, I'm right now down 33 lbs at the scale from Jan 17 (was 245 then, 212 now), and carrying at least 10-15 extra lbs of muscle, maybe more. I actually was right at down 45lbs (hit 195), but decided to do a short term bulk as my loss had slowed :)

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In high school I felt the same way about pulling out a bar or a shake or vitamins during class. I didnt want to I felt embaressed for some reason but then I just got the nerve up to do it, yea some people will ask you a few questions and you can respond to them however you want.

I chose to be a **** and say smart ass comments,like "its a whales ****, my poop from this morning, anabolic steroids, Why the Fvck do you care?" It was easy after that. Im glad I did, these habbits got me a full scholarship to college for ball.

Work the nerve up to do it, it makes things a hunreded times easier.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
While I agree with you on Bobo's services, OCC - I seriously doubt he'll have the money.

Fact of life is most kids in high school won't have that kind of cash.
I know I didn't.
Yea I know what ya mean JMH I was only offering that option because someone had mentioned a personal trainer at a gym in an above post and I know Bobo is a hell of a lot cheaper than a gym trainer and the results are legit.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
In high school I felt the same way about pulling out a bar or a shake or vitamins during class. I didnt want to I felt embaressed for some reason but then I just got the nerve up to do it, yea some people will ask you a few questions and you can respond to them however you want.

I chose to be a **** and say smart ass comments,like "its a whales ****, my poop from this morning, anabolic steroids, Why the Fvck do you care?" It was easy after that. Im glad I did, these habbits got me a full scholarship to college for ball.

Work the nerve up to do it, it makes things a hunreded times easier.
:head:

some idiot in the back of the class pointed at me and said that dude is always eatting junk. If im eatting junk why's he the skinny 100 pound little f@g who would blow someone for a cookie?( by junk he was reffering to me eatting cottage cheese in class)

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
I enjoy being a free agent as I can make fun of anyone's product that way ;) remember with bobo's new announcement, reps can't take cheap shots at other companies products. I however can :D
haha. So the rule is basically like BB.com now? I remember seeing a sticky about that. They placed it all over the place.

edwards

edwards

Awards
  • Established
My point about a trainer was that if he was going to drop $$ on supplements, he might as well save that money and get a trainer. In my area, a trainer can come to your house for as little as $30 a half hour. Do three sessions to get a solid foundation for less than $100. I know alot of people on this board drop $100 on supplements in one order from np, no problem.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
True.
I am thinking of the direction of improving his diet and workout plan - then later moving on to supps.

I know I drop a hundred easy. Just bought 200 worth.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, theres definitely still more that can be done on $0 budget. May as well stretch it as far as he can on that :) Break out the bigger guns later.

MESSPLAY

MESSPLAY

Awards
  • Established
Once again a huge thanks to edwards (the link you gave me in the pm was absolutely awesome, I'm learning a ton), jmh80 (the motivation you give is what is gonna keep me going with this), cellardude (for the great financial insights), and EasyEJL (for the social advice for what to do at school), and for B5150 for setting this off. I owe you guys so much already. As for the diet and exercise routine, I've done a little fine tuning based on advice here and other research that's been provided to me. Please give me as much insight as possible.

DIET:

Daily Caloric Intake: 2053 Calories

Daily Protein Intake: 168 grams
Daily Carbohydrate Intake: 160 grams

Breakfast (5:30 am)

1 x Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein Shake

Mid-Morning Snack (8:30 am)

20 Almonds

Lunch (11:00 am)

1 x Smart chicken burrito (tofu)
2 Slices sharp cheddar cheese
1 x cottage cheese w/ pineapple (prepackaged)
1 x Caesar salad
1 x banana

Afternoon Snack: (2:15 pm)

1 Optimum Nutrition whey protein shake

Dinner: (5:30 pm)

1 cup broccoli
2 cups green beans
2 x low carb tortillas
4 tbsp organic peanut butter
1 x granny smith apple

Late Night Snack: (9:30 pm)

1 x Chef Jay's Tri-O-Plex Protein Bar

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The diet is hard because I'm vegetarian. I may still be a little short on calories, but that's definitely alot more food than I'm eating now. The way it's set up, I eat 5 meals a day and I only have to sneak one meal in between classes, and thats all celery and almonds, so it'll be easy to hold. Also, the diet's fairly interchangeable, so if I feel like doing the tofu chicken at night and eating peanut butter for lunch, that'd work too; or if I wanted the shake at night and the protein bar when I got home, that could work. Please let me know

EXERCISE: I start all exercises by stretching and doing 4 mph
walk on the treadmill for 5 minutes.

Mondays: Chest/Back/Abs

Bench Press: 10 reps; 5 sets
Military Press: 10 reps; 3 sets
Deadlifts: 10 reps; 2 sets
Bent Rows: 10 reps; 2 sets
Shoulder Press: 10 reps; 3 sets
Crunches: 25 reps; 2 sets

Tuesdays: Cardio

Warmup
Quarter Mile Sprints: 4 @ 9mph with a walking period in between
Endurance: 1 Mile at 6 mph
Cooldown

Wednesdays: Rest (may change)

Thursdays: Arms/Abs

Laterals: 8 reps; 2 sets
Standing extensions: 10 reps; 2.5 sets
Curls: 10 reps; 6 sets
Twisting Crunches: 25 reps; 2 sets

Fridays: Legs

Half Squats: 10 reps, 3 sets
Lunges: 10 reps; 2 sets
Single Leg Calf Raise: 8 reps; 3 sets
Seated Calf Press: 8 reps; 3 sets

Saturdays:

30 minutes of "you-choose" continuous exercise

Sundays Rest.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This workout is alot more intense than what I'm used to doing, so I've alotted myself 3 rest days during the week (since I work weekends and I need a break from exercise in the middle of the week). If there's anything I should change (rep, set, or intensity wise) or anything I can clarify let me know. I'll plan to start this once my whey protein powder and bars get here. let me know!

Thanks again for all the help,

Danny

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm willing to bet you will see yourself loosing more weight once this starts, even eating that much more.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
if you need any help feel free to post it up as a thread or PM someone. looking good so far :hammer:

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Are you going to have a leg day??

The diet looks fine. Definitely better than what you have now - results should come fairly quick.
You'll be able to make adjustments as you study your body's response. Think of it as a science experiment.

MESSPLAY

MESSPLAY

Awards
  • Established
I want a leg day but I don't know what exercises are possible with just barbells and myself :blink:

I'll be starting this as soon as the protein bars and whey powder come in the mail. I'll actually be starting at 214 instead of 219 because somehow I lost 5 pounds this week :eek:

I'll update you guys with how the diet is going and how I feel with the exercise plan.

I'll also upload pictures as soon as I get a chance so I can do splits once this thing gets going in full force.

-Danny

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I want a leg day but I don't know what exercises are possible with just barbells and myself :blink:

I'll be starting this as soon as the protein bars and whey powder come in the mail. I'll actually be starting at 214 instead of 219 because somehow I lost 5 pounds this week :eek:

I'll update you guys with how the diet is going and how I feel with the exercise plan.

I'll also upload pictures as soon as I get a chance so I can do splits once this thing gets going in full force.

-Danny
Squats and lunges are good. even no weight squats can be a drag :)

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established

Sevename

Awards
Mess, if you don't mind, why did you become a vegan at age 11 or 12? If you already answered this, I didn't catch it. Or if you don't want to answer thats fine too. Do you eat fish?

Bobo's services would be a great way to go. If you have the financial resources to do it that would be my first choice. If not. I suggest you pick up John Berardi's book Srawny To Brawny. Its only 13 bucks at Amazon. It covers nutrition and workouts. I think it would be a great starting place for someone like yourself.

You seem to have the basics of good food choices covered, you just need to get your total intake and ratios worked out to meet your body type and goals.

MESSPLAY

MESSPLAY

Awards
  • Established
Should I exchange a cardio day for a leg day?

And Sevename- I became a vegetarian at age 13 because my older brother (then 17) forced me to watch a bunch of stupid PETA documentaries about animal cruelty in slaughterhouses. It made me cry like a little girl, and I found after that whenever I ate meat I became sick to my stomach. Naturally, I decided not to eat it anymore and I guess I've stuck with it ever since. Does Bobo live in Virginia? Also, I'll definitely pick up a copy of that book. Thanks for the recommendation.

Ordered the whey protein and protein bars. Can't wait to give this a go.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Should I exchange a cardio day for a leg day?

And Sevename- I became a vegetarian at age 13 because my older brother (then 17) forced me to watch a bunch of stupid PETA documentaries about animal cruelty in slaughterhouses. It made me cry like a little girl, and I found after that whenever I ate meat I became sick to my stomach. Naturally, I decided not to eat it anymore and I guess I've stuck with it ever since. Does Bobo live in Virginia? Also, I'll definitely pick up a copy of that book. Thanks for the recommendation.

Ordered the whey protein and protein bars. Can't wait to give this a go.
:X. I was teasing one of my friends during class. Our teacher made us watch the PETA video in class. I kept making it worse for her. I was also paired with her for a project. I made her not eat meat ever agian. But she's looking reaaaally good cause of it :hammer:

MESSPLAY

MESSPLAY

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys-

Bobo sounds interesting. How do you have an online trainer over the internet?! :blink:

Just finished my first day of workout- shoulders, back, and chest. It wiped me out and my shoulders and traps are still pulsing randomly from all the work. I love it haha.

ordered the Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard Double Rich Chocolate 10 lb tub, along with a box of Chef Jay's 30g protein bar in the peanut butter banana and also in the cinnamon raisin. Hope these are good :O

That's all for tonight. Got a Bio test and a Gov't test in the morning. Cardio tomorrow. Yuck.

-- Danny

MESSPLAY

MESSPLAY

Awards
  • Established
Got the goods in the mail yesterday. Had my first whey protein shake this morning. I got the double rich chocolate and it tastes a little like the cocoa crispies' milk left in the cereal bowl.

I eat my first bar tonight. I got the chef jay's tri-o-plex but these things are massive and have like 45 grams of carbs and 440 calories in one of them. Definitely gonna start looking for something that less resembles a meal-replacer. The new exercise plan is great, I'm finding out where my strengths and weaknesses are. The diet is still about 25 grams of protein short, 100 calories over and 30 grams of carbs over. Any suggestions?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any suggestions?
Don't sweat the small stuff. You have already made some significant improvements. These changes will provide significant progress in as few as 6 weeks. Keep it up.

Continue to do the best you can. Obsessiveness will take a lot of the pleasure out of it. At your age there is a lot of room for error. Have fun!