How did you become a supplement rep?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just wondering how that worked if any of you are allowed to talk about it...

Also, if you can answer, whats the expectation of what you do, and what do you get out of it?

:)

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
When it comes to Avant Labs, we are VERY selective- much more so than other companies. We have extremely high standards and we expect everyone who is even remotely connected to us act according to those standards.

The vast majority of the time, we recruit by watching the boards for members who clearly stand out and we approach them.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When it comes to Avant Labs, we are VERY selective- much more so than other companies. We have extremely high standards and we expect everyone who is even remotely connected to us act according to those standards.

The vast majority of the time, we recruit by watching the boards for members who clearly stand out and we approach them.
**ahem**

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Oh, and even though there are several on this board who stand out, we haven't recruited in a while, but that is going to change soon. ;)

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
The first rule of repping is that you do not talk about repping...

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Just to add, do supplement reps get paid or free supplements or something, or is this a work-for-free gig ?

SCDiesel23

Awards
Just wondering how that worked if any of you are allowed to talk about it...

Also, if you can answer, whats the expectation of what you do, and what do you get out of it?

I've been asked, but never took up the offer. A lot of companies will put up "looking for new reps" bulletins on some forums, and have you fill out an application.

Many companies will give you a certain amount of free product per month, which I think is very generous.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
3rd rule is not to discuss those whom we do not speak of.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
I guess im the only one that is baller enough to get paid in silver :D

in all honesty I wa approached by a company i was with before hand and when Applied launched its lineup, I knew right away it was the type of lineup I wanted to be apart of , after several chats over the phone, I also learned that I knew our formulator ever so briefly

and from there my friends

is how i became even more awesomer

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
I guess im the only one that is baller enough to get paid in silver :D

in all honesty I wa approached by a company i was with before hand and when Applied launched its lineup, I knew right away it was the type of lineup I wanted to be apart of , after several chats over the phone, I also learned that I knew our formulator ever so briefly

and from there my friends

is how i became even more awesomer
I wanna be more like you...:icon_lol:

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Oh, and we also hire from within. All current AL employees started as reps, and heads of other companies (Designer, RPN, etc.) got their start with us.

We is big time.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
dunno man, i heard the mold was shattered after i was created :D

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Oh, and we also hire from within. All current AL employees started as reps, and heads of other companies (Designer, RPN, etc.) got their start with us.

We is big time.

Paging rms80, paging rms80....... good idea in aisle 2..........

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
Paging rms80, paging rms80....... good idea in aisle 2..........
:thumbsup:

i could use some cheddar for my new bling bling :lol:

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
What is this new bling bling.... care to share?

riseboi

riseboi

Awards
  • Established

We is big time.
Well, damn, if yall ever need any work done from Miami, HOLLA!!! :D

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
What is this new bling bling.... care to share?

just upgrades to My Castle when I return from Korea, Deck , tile, paint, hardwood floors, and a well for my sprinkler system

plus the 22inch rims i want for my truck lol

so rms i just need 10grand thats it buddy :D

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
just upgrades to My Castle when I return from Korea, Deck , tile, paint, hardwood floors, and a well for my sprinkler system

plus the 22inch rims i want for my truck lol

so rms i just need 10grand thats it buddy :D
Not askin' for much at all...... What kind of truck you rollin in these days?

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
Not askin' for much at all...... What kind of truck you rollin in these days?
2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL, fully loaded, DVD Nav, leather, power heated everything, sunroof,blue tooth, system. It my present since family life made me sell My sports car baby :(

Rms80 has been in it

its white and now all it needs is a nice set of black 22inch with the chrome lip to compliment the child seat in the back :D)

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
"Hop right in ladies..... pay no mind to the child seat.... "

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
its pimp son ahahahahaha

its funny i rock a stereo system but i dispise rap.

see me blaring techno and metal lol

well im off to shower and hit the hay for work

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Good plan.... catch you tomorrow.

I gotta admit: I don't despise rap, but I have been known to pump Michael Buble on my Bose system in the Trailblazer LT. I wouldn't admit that in person to all you guys..... but the internet offers a certain level of protection from beatdowns.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've got a dodge charger daytona in Go Mango with a kiddie seat in the back as my daily driver :) Don't have a pic of my own handy, so i'm using one from a review on it.

I've even had a car seat in this before

But not often, it freaks my wife out :D

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Stingray is hella-sweet! I gotta get pics of my '68 Galaxie 500convertible up...... not in tip-top shape.... but it used to get the job done.... if ya knows what I mean.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Stingray is hella-sweet! I gotta get pics of my '68 Galaxie 500convertible up...... not in tip-top shape.... but it used to get the job done.... if ya knows what I mean.
The vette is a 50/50 car. Looks great from 50 feet away, or if its going past you at 50mph :) not so great up close. Heck of a fun ride tho. Any classic car is really, just the nostalgia of it. And speaking of sound systems, the vette has a 450 watt RMS sound system in it, 150 going to an 8 inch sub tube, 75 each to infinity 6x9s in the back and orion component separates up front. I needed something so I could hear the music over the sidepipes ;)

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established

We is big time.
Balla - I make a million $+ per day profit chemical plant run errrry day.

Jmh80 iz big time (in the real world - I ain't sh*t in the supp world).

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
To answer the question - I really don't remember where I learned SNS was looking for reps.

I do know I picked them because Steve offered me the opportunity to help with product designs. Plus, his goals were consistent with what I'd like see in supplement products and pricing.

I'm not a good rep on the boards - honestly.
I'm not creative enough to think of contests or whatever.
I don't have much time on the boards (less than an hour today, for instance) as of late with the increase in responsibilities at work.
I help more off-line, I think.

And I forget to mention SNS products pretty often. I float off in never-never land when I'm on here.
It's tough for me to think of this as a job - this is my way away from the real world, which is hella demanding and pretty tiring.

Which is why SNS has Envy, Bloute, Blap, Laz, Beer20, and the others.... :)

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I like how the supp world and the real world are two different places.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
As I've grown as a chemical engineer - I've realized I really don't fit in to the supp industry.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, but I just find it a little amusing that to you

supp industry \= real world.