an analysis of chemical nomenclature of jungle warfare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I hear this product name all the time. people are always asking me if they can stack ergopharm products with jungle warfare. so i had to look it up and figure out what it is, or what its primary active is at least

reading the label i noticed that it was very evasive, secretive. They obviously are not concerned about FDA labelling laws cuz they violated them left and right. I also think it is doing a disservice to consumers to make every ingredient a mystery. Yes i went this way briefly with AMP when it first came out, but last year changed it to a more descriptive label

anyway, the mystery compound here is

17-Alkyl-4-Delta-5a-Dehydro-Etiocholan-1,6-Dien-3-One)

this chemical name makes no sense. Alkyl refers to a hydrocarbon chain in gerneral. alkyl can mean anththing from methyl or ethyl to cyclopentyl to undecanyl to butyryl. But in my opinion it probably means methyl in this case, and they used alkyl just to be sneaky

the next confusing aspect of this name is "4-delta-5a". Either the person that put this in the name does not understand steroid chemistry or they did not care. Bottom line, 4-delta means a double bond at the 4,5-position. 5a means there is a hydrogen atom at the 5alpha position. You cannot have both a double bond at 4,5 and a hydrogen at 5alpha. you will exceed the valence of the 5 carbon.

then you have the dehydro abbreviation stuck in there at an awkward location in the name. i will just ignore that cuz its senseless

the name etiocholan is next. it simply means androstan. it is common in the industry to substitute androstan with etiocholan.

then you have 1,6-dien-3-one. Finally, some chemical nomenclature that actually makes sense. this means double bonds at 1 and 6 and a ketone at 3.

the very odd thing about this name is that there is no reference to 17-beta hydroxyl group. All androgenic based products - whether they are anabolics, aromatase inhibitors, or dhea like compounds - have oxygen atoms at 17. So i assume it was just left out of the name either by mistake or for some reason that god only knows.

so bottom line, i would guess it is 17alpha-methyl-1,4,6-androstatrien-17beta-ol-3-one.

so its a methylated version of ATD

so this is my message to ALRI

WHY NOT JUST PUT A NORMAL NAME IN THE INGREDIENT LIST. IF YOU NEED HELP WITH CHEMICAL NOMENCLATURE FOR YOU LABELS THEN JUST ASK ME. I WOULD RATHER TAKE THE TIME OUT TO HELP YOU THEN HAVE TO CRINGE AT THE MUTILATED RESULT

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
I hear this product name all the time. people are always asking me if they can stack ergopharm products with jungle warfare. so i had to look it up and figure out what it is, or what its primary active is at least

reading the label i noticed that it was very evasive, secretive. They obviously are not concerned about FDA labelling laws cuz they violated them left and right. I also think it is doing a disservice to consumers to make every ingredient a mystery. Yes i went this way briefly with AMP when it first came out, but last year changed it to a more descriptive label

anyway, the mystery compound here is

17-Alkyl-4-Delta-5a-Dehydro-Etiocholan-1,6-Dien-3-One)

this chemical name makes no sense. Alkyl refers to a hydrocarbon chain in gerneral. alkyl can mean anththing from methyl or ethyl to cyclopentyl to undecanyl to butyryl. But in my opinion it probably means methyl in this case, and they used alkyl just to be sneaky

the next confusing aspect of this name is "4-delta-5a". Either the person that put this in the name does not understand steroid chemistry or they did not care. Bottom line, 4-delta means a double bond at the 4,5-position. 5a means there is a hydrogen atom at the 5alpha position. You cannot have both a double bond at 4,5 and a hydrogen at 5alpha. you will exceed the valence of the 5 carbon.

then you have the dehydro abbreviation stuck in there at an awkward location in the name. i will just ignore that cuz its senseless

the name etiocholan is next. it simply means androstan. it is common in the industry to substitute androstan with etiocholan.

then you have 1,6-dien-3-one. Finally, some chemical nomenclature that actually makes sense. this means double bonds at 1 and 6 and a ketone at 3.

the very odd thing about this name is that there is no reference to 17-beta hydroxyl group. All androgenic based products - whether they are anabolics, aromatase inhibitors, or dhea like compounds - have oxygen atoms at 17. So i assume it was just left out of the name either by mistake or for some reason that god only knows.

so bottom line, i would guess it is 17alpha-methyl-1,4,6-androstatrien-17beta-ol-3-one.

so its a methylated version of ATD

so this is my message to ALRI

WHY NOT JUST PUT A NORMAL NAME IN THE INGREDIENT LIST. IF YOU NEED HELP WITH CHEMICAL NOMENCLATURE FOR YOU LABELS THEN JUST ASK ME. I WOULD RATHER TAKE THE TIME OUT TO HELP YOU THEN HAVE TO CRINGE AT THE MUTILATED RESULT
Hmmm, I can vouch for this product in that it works and works very well at that. Nice catch none the less though PA.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
so in reality, its really nothing all that special?
special is in the eye of the beholder i guess

if my deciphering of the name represents the first time that consumers actually realize what this product contains then that really makes you scratch your chin doesn't it

especially considering the fact that it is extremely popular

i have to ask, why has nobody ever demanded to know what the chemical was and what was the background that suggests it is effective?

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Hmmm, I can vouch for this product in that it works and works very well at that. Nice catch none the less though PA.

what does this product do for you

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
You sir, are a good scientist. I like this.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hi Patrick,

I completely understand what you are getting at.

Would you not agree with me that the following verbage:
"very evasive, secretive"
"obviously are not concerned about FDA labelling laws"
"disservice to consumers"
"just to be sneaky"
"does not understand steroid chemistry or they did not care"
"cuz its senseless"

is more accusational and antagonizing rather than inquisitive or curious?

You go on to say:
"IF YOU NEED HELP WITH CHEMICAL NOMENCLATURE FOR YOU LABELS THEN JUST ASK ME."

Is it your desire to embrace or to allienate. You are a tremendous asset to the entire industry. Sometimes the approach is just so damned attacking and insinuating rather than inquisitive. I know it's your MO, but for goodness sake Patrick. Save our board the drama...again. :)

Lets give the folks who make the product some time to explain themselves before the whole damn peanut gallery jumps in with their two cents.

Please play nice. We really love having you here Patrick :)

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
what does this product do for you
*Increased myotrophic activity

*Favorable nutrient repartitioning

*HPTA modulation

*Estrogen management

*Significant Pro-Hypertrophic capacity

*Anti-Catabolic

:icon_lol:

No seriously, I will say when I used it I stacked it with Bad Ass Mass, so I probably can't decipher the difference in the two as far as feeling. But on the stack I gained a lean 5lb which I was very happy with. Felt a lot of aggressive-ness and strength which would be due in part to the estro-control abilities.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
B - those scientists aren't good with people. ;)
You gotta give 'em a break - they don't get out of the lab all that often to deal with people, rather than just numbers.

I should know.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Hi Patrick,

I completely understand what you are getting at.

Would you not agree with me that the following verbage:
"very evasive, secretive"
"obviously are not concerned about FDA labelling laws"
"disservice to consumers"
"just to be sneaky"
"does not understand steroid chemistry or they did not care"
"cuz its senseless"

is more accusational and antagonizing rather than inquisitive or curious?

You go on to say:
"IF YOU NEED HELP WITH CHEMICAL NOMENCLATURE FOR YOU LABELS THEN JUST ASK ME."

Is it your desire to embrace or to allienate. You are a tremendous asset to the entire industry. Sometimes the approach is just so damned attacking and insinuating rather than inquisitive. I know it's your MO, but for goodness sake Patrick. Save our board the drama...again. :)

Lets give the folks who make the product some time to explain themselves before the whole damn peanut gallery jumps in with their two cents.

Please play nice. We really love having you here Patrick :)

i am not gonna lie. i am not simply inquisitive or curious. I know exactly what ALRI is doing with their labelling approach. Other companies do it to. And I hate it. Its unfair to me as a competitor. I just cannot pretend to be objective in my posts as i am not. So it comes out and you find it annoying. I understand that

I also have a pet peeve when my competitors completely f' up things chemically speaking. It makes me feel like i am a chemist competing with a bunch of others who are just "playing" chemist. How would a doctor feel competing against others that are just "playing" doctor.

----------------

Anyway, concerning methylated aromatase inhibitors. i have said this before, making a 17alpha-methyl derivative of an aromatase inhibitor makes no sense.

look at all the steroidal aromatse inhibitors on the market. They are all 17-keto compounds. This is for a reason. 17-keto steroids all have a higher affinity for the aromatase enzyme than 17beta-hydroxyl compounds (this is totally opposite than it is for the androgen receptor)

when you make a 17alpha-methyl, 17beta-hydroxyl (as ALRI is doing there) you prevent the formation of a 17-ketone derivative. You force the compound to stay a 17beta-hydroxyl. This makes no sense. you WANT the compound to be a 17-ketone and they are forcing it to stay as a much weaker 17beta-hydroxyl

It appears to me that ALRI is approaching aromatase inhbitors as if they were androgens. They apparently are not aware that what they did here was completely counterproductive

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i am not gonna lie. i am not simply inquisitive or curious. I know exactly what ALRI is doing with their labelling approach. Other companies do it to. And I hate it. Its unfair to me as a competitor. I just cannot pretend to be objective in my posts as i am not. So it comes out and you find it annoying. I understand that
Actually it is not annoying really. I just flinch a bit knowing what is to come from this. You and I are fine. I completely understand.

r6samson

Awards
THE Patrick Arnold? Holy cow, haha...you sir helped me on my way to college major and God-willing future career. Absolutely love your work and to be honest I'm kind of awe struck. Rather meet you then any other athlete in the world. Excellent organic chemist (correct?).

The fact with the ketone at the end though IIRC it's a carbon doubled bonded to an oxygen so would that suffice or it needs to be an aldehyde at the end of the chain? Forgive my horrible attempts to understand. I'm trying to learn.

EDIT: Disregard my 2nd paragraph. I think I see what you're saying now with the hydroxyl group at the end (aldehyde).

JP

Erik2003

Erik2003

Awards
Requesting resources

Thanks for the post! I find these type of posts extremely valuable! However, as a non-chemist, I had a hard time following some of the details...

What resources can you suggest, eg textbooks, etc., that can help us, non chemists, utilize to better understand your post and what this all means? I have actually been very interested in trying to decipher the chemical nomenclatures of the various products, understand what they actually do, and be able to learn this on my own.

Any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks for the post.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Nice one, Pat. Did you post this at M & M, too? If not, the readers there need to see it, too.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
me= working on getting some ALRI folk in here to make this thing fun....

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
For what it's worth - I like JW. It's a good supp.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the post! I find these type of posts extremely valuable! However, as a non-chemist, I had a hard time following some of the details...

What resources can you suggest, eg textbooks, etc., that can help us, non chemists, utilize to better understand your post and what this all means? I have actually been very interested in trying to decipher the chemical nomenclatures of the various products, understand what they actually do, and be able to learn this on my own.

Thanks for the post.
Not sure if they make a chemistry for dummies - but that might be a cheap start.

I bet you could find some lectures at different colleges on line as to nomenclature in organic chemistry classes. It's one of the first things covered in Organic 1.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
If everything PA says is accurate, which no one seems to challenge..... then I hope plenty of people see this and stop to do some thinking for a minute. By this I am not saying to question ALRI.... I am saying don't jump on the bandwagon and ingest the next hyped product just cause everyone else said so. This kind of sh%t scares me to death..... in this case, it was fairly innocent.... but someone is going to pull this with a dangerous compound sooner or later, and all the people who followed like sheep are going to be left paying the price.

If you can't research an ingredient ON YOUR OWN, you shouldn't even touch the darn product.

Thank you for what I hope will be an eye opener PA.

(Steps from soapbox.... trips, falls.....)

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If everything PA says is accurate, which no one seems to challenge..... then I hope plenty of people see this and stop to do some thinking for a minute. By this I am not saying to question ALRI.... I am saying don't jump on the bandwagon and ingest the next hyped product just cause everyone else said so. This kind of sh%t scares me to death..... in this case, it was fairly innocent.... but someone is going to pull this with a dangerous compound sooner or later, and all the people who followed like sheep are going to be left paying the price.

If you can't research an ingredient ON YOUR OWN, you shouldn't even touch the darn product.

:goodpost:

And thanks for the chem lesson, Patrick! I enjoy reading about and trying to understand this type of thing, so it's much appreciated.

r6samson

Awards
Not sure if they make a chemistry for dummies - but that might be a cheap start.

I bet you could find some lectures at different colleges on line as to nomenclature in organic chemistry classes. It's one of the first things covered in Organic 1.

*Organic Chemistry I for DUMMIES sits to my right on the desk*

I have to take OChem next year and Dad picked this up for me to get a head start. Pretty good if you ask me, but as far as reading and deciefiering steroids I don't know if I'd recommend it. Organic = Carbon so alot of the material coverd (thus far what I've covered) doesn't include the andro's, dione's, diol's, and all but rather you're typical functional groups cluster into carbon chains.

JP

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

The only ones that need step up to the challenge at this point is ALRI. PA's challenge is directed at ALRI and can be disputed by them. They need be given the benefit of the doubt at this point. Whatever PA has deciphered from the label does not even mean that that is truly what is in it (remember that one).

Don't be too naive to believe that many have not already ingested harmful drugs from any of the plethora of supplements that are being ingested by members here at AM or any board for that matter. :)

Lets be civil.

Erik2003

Erik2003

Awards
I agree with what you are saying but I'd be careful on saying something like the above. It goes too far. I keeps people from coming to these type of websites, trying to join this type of community, and asking questions.

There is a difference with people trying to research 6-oxo, 7-oxo, and 11-oxo versus people trying to break down something like: 17alpha-methyl-1,4,6-androstatrien-17beta-ol-3-one.

Also most of the people using these, and other compounds can understand what methylating a compound does to it and why it is necessary. But I am willing to bet the majority of people do not understand what something like: "6-androstatrien-17beta-ol-3-one" is.

Personally, I may be mispeaking, as I am not interested in where carbon atoms are and what ring they orbit from, but I would like to learn more about "6-androstatrien-17beta-ol-3-one" and what type of chemicals such nomenclatures are and how this may differ from one product to another.

Please understand I am not trying to fight, but I did not want the question to be blown off...

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
B - those scientists aren't good with people. ;)
You gotta give 'em a break - they don't get out of the lab all that often to deal with people, rather than just numbers.
Oh, yeah, and I'm good with people? He's a big boy, he'll be OK.
I should know.
This explains A LOT.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
QUOTE]

I agree with what you are saying but I'd be careful on saying something like the above. It goes too far. I keeps people from coming to these type of websites, trying to join this type of community, and asking questions.

There is a difference with people trying to research 6-oxo, 7-oxo, and 11-oxo versus people trying to break down something like: 17alpha-methyl-1,4,6-androstatrien-17beta-ol-3-one.

Also most of the people using these, and other compounds can understand what methylating a compound does to it and why it is necessary. But I am willing to bet the majority of people do not understand what something like: "6-androstatrien-17beta-ol-3-one" is.

Personally, I may be mispeaking, as I am not interested in where carbon atoms are and what ring they orbit from, but I would like to learn more about "6-androstatrien-17beta-ol-3-one" and what type of chemicals such nomenclatures are and how this may differ from one product to another.

Please understand I am not trying to fight, but I did not want the question to be blown off...

I understand what you are saying here... but comments like mine are not what will keep people away from the lifestyle and industry.... it's the potential negative side effects that will surface one day that will have a much greater impact. What I stated is a simple, sad but true fact: We need to be careful. I am directing this at people who see a new product, start a thread asking what the 17 methyl ethyl killya diol is, get an answer like "my buddy put on 30 lbs of muscle in 1 month... and he didn't even need PCT" and order it up. I am not saying you need to be able to fully recognize a compound on your own, but you need to go a little further than asking strangers on a forum.

Summary: Ask questions. Get answers from others. Make your own, informed decisions.
If a company won't discuss what something is..... there's a reason they don't want you to know. You gamble on what that reason is yourself.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Actually it is not annoying really. I just flinch a bit knowing what is to come from this. You and I are fine. I completely understand.

i met author and he is a nice guy. he is not an egotistical prick like alot of the others.

i read his product labels and stuff though and it pushes my buttons. it really goes deep with me. alot of it has to do with the fact that alri, and similar companies sell all these synthetic steroid analogs left and right. consumers are awed by it and think to themselves that they are the vanguards of the supplement industry - the smartest and most innovative out there (and i am a hasbeen cuz i don't have a new steroidal product every 3 months). and that hurts my pride

these folks don't really understand that i can not, and will not play on that field. I cannot because i am the one that will get arrested if i sell this stuff cuz of who i am. I will not because i want a legitimate future for my company and that is not consistent with grey market designer steroidals.

but on top of that, i see some of the stuff that comes out and it is so frustrating because if i COULD play that game i would introduce stuff so much better. it drives me nuts!!

well anyway, i guess if i did not have my company and was younger and starting out i might join the designer game. i understand that. i don't fault these people for doing it. maybe my only wish is that people would understand my perception and position in the whole matter

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
The only ones that need step up to the challenge at this point is ALRI. PA's challenge is directed at ALRI and can be disputed by them. They need be given the benefit of the doubt at this point. Whatever PA has deciphered from the label does not even mean that that is truly what is in it (remember that one).

Don't be too naive to believe that many have not already ingested harmful drugs from any of the plethora of supplements that are being ingested by members here at AM or any board for that matter. :)

Lets be civil.
Agreed B5150.

I am definitely not stating anything negative towards ALRI at all. I use, enjoy, and trust a couple ALRI products myself. Simply riding the coattails of a point that this situation MAY illustrate quite well.
There are other instances that highlight the point better (think any case where an ingredient is questioned, and mysteriously.... the company never responds or responds with lies).

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
THE Patrick Arnold? Holy cow, haha...you sir helped me on my way to college major and God-willing future career. Absolutely love your work and to be honest I'm kind of awe struck. Rather meet you then any other athlete in the world. Excellent organic chemist (correct?).

The fact with the ketone at the end though IIRC it's a carbon doubled bonded to an oxygen so would that suffice or it needs to be an aldehyde at the end of the chain? Forgive my horrible attempts to understand. I'm trying to learn.

EDIT: Disregard my 2nd paragraph. I think I see what you're saying now with the hydroxyl group at the end (aldehyde).

JP

an aldehyde is hc=o. you cannot have a aldehyde at C17. that is because it is because it is "secondary" (bound to a carbon that already has two bonds). to have an aldehyde that carbon would need room for another hydrogen to bond to (make sense?)

you seem like you are just learning organic. it will all come to you in time. its like a new language - just takes alot of practice before it becomes second nature

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established

Thanks for the post.
unless you are some unique super genius (or someone with infinite patience and discipline) you are never going to self teach yourself organic chemistry. you need to go to school for years to pick it up

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
For what it's worth - I like JW. It's a good supp.
if you like it then thats all that matters

my opinions on it were valid and valuable, but i did not say the product had to suck

but there may be better choices out there, like regular ATD

or perhaps even alri lucked out and despite the fact that established science says the methylated ATD should be inferior to straight ATD, it actually is better for some reason

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
If everything PA says is accurate, which no one seems to challenge..... then I hope plenty of people see this and stop to do some thinking for a minute. By this I am not saying to question ALRI.... I am saying don't jump on the bandwagon and ingest the next hyped product just cause everyone else said so.
if there is a general point to be taken home here, then this is it

Erik2003

Erik2003

Awards
I totally agree with your point. And I do admit, that I was paranoid in thinking the comment was aimed at my question. Sorry.

One thing to note, and it is kind of funny. In reading the book Legal Muscle, one resource stated that the medical community has acknowledged that they have lost the edge in knowledge about AASs'. The resource stated that the formost experts may actualle be the users (of AAS).

Based on my very limited experience (and no organic chemistry) much of my research is unfortunately the forums, and decifering alot of what is said, argued and people's results.

I am still trying to find out how to decifer what some products are, eg Mass FX, JW, etc. I used the Mass FX line (after research), was careful and really found it to be beneficial. Now I want to try ALRI's products. I think there may not be alot of info out there because these forums and these products may be the cutting edge of non steroid supplementation.

Well, right now I have to thank MST in providing me the opportunity to test their products.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
l.
yeah i thought about that.

i am very confident that what this contains is 17alpha-methylATD

if an alri rep comes on here and confirms it then fine

if an alri rep comes on here and tells everyone that it is a different compound, and specifically says what that compound is, then fine

but if a rep comes on here and denies it is methylATD, yet refuses to state what the real compound is, then everyone here should be upset. you have the right to know what you are taking

Erik2003

Erik2003

Awards
unless you are some unique super genius (or someone with infinite patience and discipline) you are never going to self teach yourself organic chemistry. you need to go to school for years to pick it up
Just searching for something to read to help understand some of the products.

I researched the Anabolics 2007 book, and it was getting bad reviews. Thought some of you knew of a good book on the subject.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
yeah i thought about that.

i am very confident that what this contains is 17alpha-methylATD

if an alri rep comes on here and confirms it then fine

if an alri rep comes on here and tells everyone that it is a different compound, and specifically says what that compound is, then fine

but if a rep comes on here and denies it is methylATD, yet refuses to state what the real compound is, then everyone here should be upset. you have the right to know what you are taking
Clear and to the point... the way we like it.

Sidenote: On another thread, maybe even another forum, I remember reading questions about a companies ingredients, with methyl ATD at the heart of the controversy. Was it JW, or another product and/or company altogether? Anyone else read this? I'm wondering if answers were given there............

tgass

tgass

Awards
Clear and to the point... the way we like it.

Sidenote: On another thread, maybe even another forum, I remember reading questions about a companies ingredients, with methyl ATD at the heart of the controversy. Was it JW, or another product and/or company altogether? Anyone else read this? I'm wondering if answers were given there............
Yes i remember that, it was a huge threat on BB.com, and after a while nothing was concluded as the threat just got deleted "mysteriously"...:smite:

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
It was confirmed as methyl ATD (from my feeble recollection).

Yes - JW ignited controversy over the possibility of increasing liver values (AST/ALT). ALRI decided to have folks get blood work taken.

I'm taking part - in a month or so (when I finish MassFX and Hyperdrol).

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Correct me if I'm wrong (which I might be), but I thought that was ADED...from what I understand, ADED is a metabolite of ATD...although I have only seen this mentioned in conjunction with ALRI products.

EDIT: Oh ****, sorry...I thought there was only one page to the thread and just realized there are two...sorry if I just repeated something already said.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I remember JW changing it's ingredients not too long ago. Maybe that's where I got that info from...can't remember though...damn sleeper effect!

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
And even after those years of schooling, it's still a pain in the ass. :)

Here's what I saw mentioned in the product write-up.
ADED (5a-dehydro-etiocholane-1,4,6-trien-3-one-17-ol)
Many are aware of both the positive and negative physiological issues relating to the naturally occurring aromatase inhibitory ATD. Most of the benefits are the result of one of its physiological 17-OH metabolites. ADED is a natural non-androgenic metabolite of ATD with improved oral bio-availability. Please, do not confuse this with ATD itself as the difference is very important both in structure and action: Some may recall this one from our Ultra H.O.T.ter matrix but to recap…By modulating estrogen build-up the negative feed-back look to the hypothalamus is put in check. The result is that the body optimizes natural testosterone production. We use our favorite aromatase inhibitor to do this and it works pretty well to modulate, instead of obliterate, estrogen. So we still have the right amount of estrogen for optimal growth of lean tissue and positive libido, without the excess water weight and fat feeding aspect
They make mention of its relationship to ATD, but avoid saying that is is simply methylated ATD.

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
Actually don't they say it is not methylated ATD anymore. Let me find the post....

From ALR
Wow, no wonder I am focused upon research and production rather than boards and drama.

First (And PLEASE post this everywhere you can) JW does not have MATD in it and has not since the first run. MATD was a product that was created by ALR Industries and then worked on with Bruce Kneller. We may not always get along, but I think the man is brilliant and enjoyed our time together a great deal. Problem came later when everyone was ripping BK off for ATD. He was proud of his awesome find so he gave a lot of info..then made little of what he deserved in return. Kind of like you buying and paying for a car, caring for it and keeeping it perfect...then someone else drives it, scratches it and sells it then keeps the money. This is a business and one industry I truley love regardless of the drama and theft that is common to a few. Most in this industry are truely wonderful people as are those we do it all for...you.

Lets see if we can get some BS out of the way...

MATD WAS a good product as proven by the countless blood test results and logs you can find anywhere right from the horses mouth so to speak. Want facts that you can trust? Go find the logs on it. Very easy. Do not want to use the product? Your call. Want controversey? Seems to be plenty and orders for JW have gone up quite a bit in the past few days. MATD was in Ultra HOTter and post cycle therapy, then the first run of JW (I believe over a yer or so ago)

As many point out, they believe little of what any company claims, so we let the people who use the products speak for us. Yes, we do lots of testing and research...and use the products ourselves...its how and why we create rather than just "find" or copy new compounds. What does all of this have to do with MATD? Everything. There is no pubmed on it as we created it.

Why did we pull MATD? Because we built a better compound IMO in ADED (The threads, blood work returns and sales sure suggest so for about a year now...as did the 2 years of work we did with it prior to release....please go read some of it if you have further questions). And a very good second reason. BK felt that we were supporting others who were ripping him off. Friends or not, I do respect him and designing new compounds is just not all that tuff as compared to losing a good friend. AND....like his new AI that is rather interesting, we always keep looking for better ideas. We found one...ADED. Want info on how it works? Please go read the logs. Anyone really interested in the facts would do so to get it from those they trust.

As to 17c alkylation and AI value. Hmmm, so you want me to have a useless debate with PA in short. Nope....I simply disagree and the logs support that it works. If I am wrong then it seems that a very large number of people are making great gains from ADED (Note again: Not MATD) due to magic?

Please realize this. There is no disrespect intended toward anyone in this post and I appreciate the many people who use our products. I am not a salesman but I am an athlete, not some fat or skinny guy talking about what others should do. And my company makes products for athletes who want new and innovative. I still remember when we came out with Ergomax LMG and everyone said it would be usless...and Venom Hyperdrive...and...
ALR

whitedevil74

whitedevil74

Awards
  • Established
The one problem I have, is the DSHEA clearly requires that companies list the common or usual name for ingredients. Consumers are not required to guess what is in a product. I have seen company after company list obscure or altered chemical names in order to hide their ingredients from "copycat competitors". This is a clear violation of the law and is not allowed. PA is not exempt from this criticism as AMP did this very thing, but at least he has rectified it.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
wow. Why pick the supp i'm about to buy..? haha im still gettin it casue there is good reviews on it. Why not pick something else to tear apart. All i can get is, that it works even tho there were previous ingredient changes and what not. Go pick on muscletech if you want to hear about outrageous gains.

P.S. - If this product get's banned for some reason...it's your a$$ PA! J/K reading the lead post was cool casue i just learned all this stuff past semester in school about carbon/bonding/all that crap.

SCDiesel23

Awards
I don't really post over here on this board too much, but I do a lot of reading on this board. Anyways, I just got a "new" bottle of JW, which has this nomenclature listed:

17a-methyl-5a-dehydro-etiocholane-4,6-3-one-ol

Where as the older bottle that I have, is listed as PA put it in his first post. When I asked about this, I was told it was just different nomenclature for the same ingredient. I know the words "alkyl" and "methyl" have some similarities in the meaning, but can they be used interchangably?

I'm also aware that just because something is methyl, does not necessarily mean it is hepatoxic (coffee, for example), but 17a methyls usually have a rap for being liver toxic, so in this case, is it any different?

PA or anyone who has more information on this than me feel free to post.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
It was confirmed as methyl ATD (from my feeble recollection).

Yes - JW ignited controversy over the possibility of increasing liver values (AST/ALT). ALRI decided to have folks get blood work taken.

I'm taking part - in a month or so (when I finish MassFX and Hyperdrol).
this compound should not elevate liver values

yes it is methylated. but it is not androgenic. liver values are elevated because of androgencity. methylated androgens are resistant to metabolic deactivation and so cause excessive androgenic activity in the liver. and in the liver excessive androgenic activity causes disruption in the metabolism of bile which leads to toxic buildup and health issues

so this compound should not be toxic - at least by these mechanisms

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Status
Not open for further replies.