How's RPN's-NO-oxidant type formula coming?

nvr2loud

nvr2loud

Awards
  • Established
I remember reading that Dsade was planning on bringing "NO-Oxidant" back under the RPN line. Just curious to hear updates on that.
Thanks

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am meeting with an alternate supplier for the Apple Polyphenols today, hoping to get the price back down.

All in all, it should be on track for around 6 weeks.

Jim Sadler

Awards
Apple polyphenols! I've been intrigued by them since some Japanese study showing they made rats (or maybe mice?) stronger and leaner. Never saw them show up in anything but an antioxidant blend by Scivation or Primaforce.

Cody3308

Awards
Apple polyphenols! I've been intrigued by them since some Japanese study showing they made rats (or maybe mice?) stronger and leaner. Never saw them show up in anything but an antioxidant blend by Scivation or Primaforce.
Not sure if you know this, but you are thinking of NOxidant. Which dsade helped(I think) Scivation/Primaforce design, this is the same product, but it will be under the RPN line, since Scivation discontinued theirs...formula might be slightly different...? Hope that makes sense.

RexGrandis

RexGrandis

Awards
I'll be very dissapointed if this has "arginine ethyl ester" in it.

verner

verner

Team Nutra Ninja Monkey Trainer
Awards
  • Established
I'll be very dissapointed if this has "arginine ethyl ester" in it.
This is'nt a pre workout no formula. This is an antioxidant formula geared toward decreasing free radicals that are caused by elevated no levels.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I designed NOxidant solo when I was part owner of Scivation and Prima force. I retain the rights to NOxidant, and I will be releasing it through RPN with the same formula.

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
I designed NOxidant solo when I was part owner of Scivation and Prima force. I retain the rights to NOxidant, and I will be releasing it through RPN with the same formula.
Still gonna keep the price you mentioned back in Nov?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

JJC

Awards
  • Established
What's the status on this bad boy Dsade?

I'm running low on Vigor and would really like to try your stuff out(plus I plan on making a purchase from NP soon and wouldn't mind tipping the order over the $199 mark for free shipping...).

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Still waiting on the apple polyphenols to come through.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
If only those apple polyphenols were as quick as you...

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If only those apple polyphenols were as quick as you...
have you been talking to my Girlfriend? LIES, I SAY...LIES!!!

RexGrandis

RexGrandis

Awards
hey dsade, is it true that apple polyphenols can both increase strength and decrease fat mass? I think I read that somewhere.

I'm probably a fool for asking the person that's going to be selling them, but meh .

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
: Exp Anim. 2006 Jul;55(4):383-9. Links
Effects of dietary apple polyphenol on adipose tissues weights in Wistar rats.Nakazato K, Song H, Waga T.
Department of Exercise Physiology, Graduate School of Health and Sport Science, Nippon Sport Science University, 7-1-1 Fukasawa, Setagaya-ku, Tokyo 158-0081, Japan.

In this study, we investigated whether dietary apple polyphenol (APP) had an effect on adipose weights.Twenty-four Wistar male rats (10 weeks of age) were assigned to three groups: (1) the 5%APP group (diet containing 5% APP, N=8); (2) the 0.5%APP group (diet containing 0.5% APP, N=8); and (3) the control group (N=8) so that average weights of the groups were the same. After a three-week experimental period, adipose tissue weights were measured. Pathological and plasma characteristics were also examined. Retroperitoneal and epididymal adipose tissue weights in the 5%APP group were significantly lower than those of the control (P<0.05). Pathological examination showed that form-like cells were observed only in the control group, suggesting the existence of proliferating pre-adipocytes only in the control group. Lipid-related plasma profiles showed no statistical differences. Dietary polyphenol did not induce any anorectic effects as reported in studies concerning tea polyphenol. We conclude that dietary APP has an anti-adipogenic effect in Wistar rats without any anorectic phenomenon.

PMID: 16880686 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looks like NOxidant will stack extremely well with DCP. I am going to push this baby along more quickly.

1: Lipids. 2007 Mar;42(2):151-61. Epub 2007 Feb 10.Absorption of dietary cholesterol oxidation products and their downstream metabolic effects are reduced by dietary apple polyphenols.Ogino Y, Osada K, Nakamura S, Ohta Y, Kanda T, Sugano M.
Faculty of Agriculture and Life Science, Hirosaki University, 3 Bunkyo-cho, Hirosaki, Aomori, 036-8561, Japan, [email protected].

Exogenous and endogenous cholesterol oxidation products (COPs) perturb various metabolic processes, and thereby they may induce various homeostasis-related disorders. Here, we observed that procyanidin-rich dietary apple polyphenol (APP) from unripe apples alleviates the perturbation of lipid metabolism by decreasing the exogenous COP levels in rats. Dietary COPs may be the greatest source of COPs found in the human body. Rats (4 weeks of age) were fed AIN-purified diets containing 0.3% COPs supplemented with 0.5 or 2.5% APP for 3 weeks. Dietary APP alleviated the growth inhibition action of the exogenous COPs. The modulations of the liver lipid profile by COPs remained unchanged. However, serum total cholesterol, high-density lipoprotein cholesterol, and triglyceride levels increased following the intake of dietary APP. Further, dietary APP inhibited the increase in lipid peroxide levels in the liver and serum by COPs. The activity of hepatic Delta6 desaturase was lowered by dietary APP in a dose-dependent manner, although exogenous COPs generally increased the activity of this enzyme. In keeping with this observation, Delta6 desaturation indices in the phospholipids and cholesteryl esters of the liver and serum lipids were lower in the APP-fed groups than those in the control group. Dietary APP also promoted the excretion of exogenous COPs, cholesterol, and acidic steroids in feces. Therefore, the inhibition of intestinal absorption of COPs may partly contribute to the alleviation of the perturbation of lipid metabolism and lipid peroxidation levels. Thus, APP may be an important removal agent of exogenous toxic material such as COPs contained in processed or fast foods.

PMID: 17393221 [PubMed - in process]

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Is this formula going to be different from that BCAA+antioxidant(w/ pomegranate) formula you're also coming out with?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is this formula going to be different from that BCAA+antioxidant(w/ pomegranate) formula you're also coming out with?
Yes, this is a wide-range anti-oxidant designed to combat nitrogenous free radicals, especially in conjunction with NO boosting supplements.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Yes, this is a wide-range anti-oxidant designed to combat nitrogenous free radicals, especially in conjunction with NO boosting supplements.
Ah, I see. So what about the other one? Is that primarily a post w/o recovery mix?

If so, I can't wait to pick some up to mix in my WMS...ooo that sounds good! WMS+BCAA+anti-o all in one shake...plus pomegranate flavor? YUM.

RexGrandis

RexGrandis

Awards
Hey is it possible for you to get plain apple polyphenols maybe as a bulk ingredient at NP?

I don't really want to pay for all that other crap because I am of the opinion that NO products are absolute junk. I know it's not just designed for use in conjuction with NO products (although the name might suggest otherwise), I just cannot afford all these things, yet it clearly seems as though apple polyphenols are a winner.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Hey is it possible for you to get plain apple polyphenols maybe as a bulk ingredient at NP?

I don't really want to pay for all that other crap because I am of the opinion that NO products are absolute junk. I know it's not just designed for use in conjuction with NO products (although the name might suggest otherwise), I just cannot afford all these things, yet it clearly seems as though apple polyphenols are a winner.
This isn't an NO product. Whoever began the thread misquoted the name of the original product. Originally it was called NOxidant, not NO-oxidant. Basically the point of this supp, if you've been following along, is to combat free radicals, where alot of these free radicals are generated from NO producing products. Make sense?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
But I don't want more AEE, DAMMIT!!!!

:p

RexGrandis

RexGrandis

Awards
This isn't an NO product. Whoever began the thread misquoted the name of the original product. Originally it was called NOxidant, not NO-oxidant. Basically the point of this supp, if you've been following along, is to combat free radicals, where alot of these free radicals are generated from NO producing products. Make sense?
Makes perfect sense. My reference, if you've been following, was to not wanting additional nitrogenous free-radical-scavenging antioxidants because I don't use NO products.

I don't see anything misleading aobut the title of this thread. The name of the product could be however.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Makes perfect sense. My reference, if you've been following, was to not wanting additional nitrogenous free-radical-scavenging antioxidants because I don't use NO products.

I don't see anything misleading aobut the title of this thread. The name of the product could be however.
I didn't say the thread title was misleading per say, it was just the name of the product was off.

Anyways, I think we're on the same page here. I don't completely believe in the NO hype either(money can be better spent elsewhere), but since your body naturally produces NO and apparently these anti-oxidants are the shizznit, it seems like you can't go wrong with either of the formulas that Dsade is coming up with.

Sorry if I came off condescending before. Didn't mean that at all.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
BAC sells apple polyphenols if that's solely what you want.

It seems though that a mix of aoxs even at seemingly miniscule amounts(50mg or less) provides better free radical scavenging than taking a singular aox at regular(100-300mg) or megadosing(500mg+).

As for marketing purposes was the ORAC value ever calculated for this product?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
BAC sells apple polyphenols if that's solely what you want.

It seems though that a mix of aoxs even at seemingly miniscule amounts(50mg or less) provides better free radical scavenging than taking a singular aox at regular(100-300mg) or megadosing(500mg+).

As for marketing purposes was the ORAC value ever calculated for this product?

I have a company set up to do the testing. If I can find a bottle of the last batch, done by Scivation, then I will get it tested. If not, it will have to wait until the new release is done.

What is the percentage of the Apple Polyphenols sold by BAC, do you know?

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
APPLE POLYPHENOLS Extract, 70:1, 60% polyphenols, >5% phloridzin, from apple skins.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
If you need a guinea pig. Holla.:thumbsup:

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Agreed. I just had lunch and I think I'm going to throw up now. :sick:

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I put that in there for all the guys who put pic's of hotties for their avatar. Like you've never woken up next to a "one after you went to sleep with a "ten":icon_lol:

ddawg91

ddawg91

Awards
  • Established
PM sent, can't wait till this comes out. NOxidant is one of my favorite supps.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
I put that in there for all the guys who put pic's of hotties for their avatar. Like you've never woken up next to a "one after you went to sleep with a "ten":icon_lol:
More like, woke up next to a "negative ten" after you went to sleep with a "zero".

Seriously, I hope to God no one has done that poorly...

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Oh,she's a wolf chick. You would rather chew your arm off than wake her up in the morning. I have never done that bad but man that would make ya stop drinking.