Gut Health?

R_Alan1

R_Alan1

Awards
  • Established
Anyone use/hear about a product called gut health by RPN. It's only 13.50 and is supposed to help with IBS (irritable bowl syndrome) and the immune system as well as overall absorption of nutrients in the digestive tract. If its bogus I won't waste my time, but for this cheap if it works I'll try it out. Thanks.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone use/hear about a product called gut health by RPN. It's only 13.50 and is supposed to help with IBS (irritable bowl syndrome) and the immune system as well as overall absorption of nutrients in the digestive tract. If its bogus I won't waste my time, but for this cheap if it works I'll try it out. Thanks.
How about you email me your address ([email protected]) and I will send you a bottle to try out. All I ask in return is if you post your feedback here, and whatever other boards you frequent.

The first reports from users with IBS are coming in, and they are HIGHLY positive.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Wow. Free. How come I always miss out on free stuff. LOL.

But seriously, I just started, nothing adverse, but I seemed to notice some decrease in, uh, for lack of a better term, gas. Is it possible to start working so quickly?? And I know the label info, but is there any bodyweight variables?? I mean Im tackin about 225lbs right now(down a bit) and Im wondering if a constant 2 a day would be overkill, or just follow the label regardless of bodyweight?

Last Log:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/53835-roadblocks-alpha-drive.html

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow. Free. How come I always miss out on free stuff. LOL.

But seriously, I just started, nothing adverse, but I seemed to notice some decrease in, uh, for lack of a better term, gas. Is it possible to start working so quickly?? And I know the label info, but is there any bodyweight variables?? I mean Im tackin about 225lbs right now(down a bit) and Im wondering if a constant 2 a day would be overkill, or just follow the label regardless of bodyweight?

Last Log:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/53835-roadblocks-alpha-drive.html
It is very possible that it is already working. :fart:

Bodyweight does not play into a supplement like this. 1 a day after the loading period is plenty.

glsa17

Awards
  • Established
How about you email me your address ([email protected]) and I will send you a bottle to try out. All I ask in return is if you post your feedback here, and whatever other boards you frequent.

The first reports from users with IBS are coming in, and they are HIGHLY positive.

that's what you call "classy"

live4fitness

live4fitness

Awards
I have had problems with colon and I have candida that I have working to get rid of. Will this product help with this? The product I currently take is $60 for 60 packs.You increase then decrease. It has worked for me before but you can't take things live coconut oil or olive leaf extracts with it.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
GUT health, and probiotics in general, have been shown to help Candida.

live4fitness

live4fitness

Awards
Yes I know. So can I buy this at my local vit shop or on line only? And it is called " GUT health"?

Thanks

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes I know. So can I buy this at my local vit shop or on line only? And it is called " GUT health"?

Thanks
For right now, Nutraplanet is the only online store carrying it.

We now have a West Coast distributor, and a bunch of retail stores on the West Coast, but we are still negotiating with the east coast players.

R_Alan1

R_Alan1

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, I sent you my address. I will be sure to post up on the board; I have had gi problems for a while and I think I will be a good spokesperson for this.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I will get this out first thing on Monday, when I get back from Columbus.

glsa17

Awards
  • Established
Dsade,

I did buy two bottles. One for the wife and myself. She has been eating Dannon Activa yogurt the past three weeks. With positive results. Noticed improvement in digestion, regularity and over all condition of the stomach.

Can she still eat the yogurt daily with the Gut Health? Or should she stop eating the yogurt? I prefer she take Gut Health, I believe it is more benifical than the yogurt. Thanks.

live4fitness

live4fitness

Awards
Have your wife read the ingrediants and see the sugar content in that yogurt. OUCH!!!

glsa17

Awards
  • Established
Have your wife read the ingrediants and see the sugar content in that yogurt. OUCH!!!
Oh thanks. I didn't even look it over. I usually do. I just assumed. Lesson learned? Never assume! Thanks agin.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Impressed

Just a little more feedback.

So far Im pretty impressed with gut health. I cant comment on all the label/ad claims, but so far this:

-Reduces/eliminates protein related GI distress/gas

is absolutely right on target. If you drink protein/meal shakes, and/or eat alot of food/protein you know what this is, and Ive had some, pardon my english, foul days from time to time, but I really feel like my digestion process is going smoother(its sounds silly, but I thats the only way I can describe it)

Good stuff, too bad its sold out now, get some more please.

OLD LOG

lionel

Awards
DSADE and others in the know. Is it necessary to cycle off this supplement? Its working great for me but if cycling off it once in awhile, taking other strains of pro/prebiotics would help, do let me know.

If not, i'll be more than glad to stay with gut health.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
DSADE and others in the know. Is it necessary to cycle off this supplement? Its working great for me but if cycling off it once in awhile, taking other strains of pro/prebiotics would help, do let me know.

Not necessary at all.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established

No, sir. GUT Health is one of those staple supps that you should stay on until you die an old, old man at 210 and 7% bf. :D

Seirously, GUT Health is a supp to continuously use. Probiotics deserve MUCH more attention than they seem to get.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
I plan to get some people on GUT Health soon for this very reason. I have high hopes. :)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I plan to get some people on GUT Health soon for this very reason. I have high hopes. :)
Thanks. :)

I was proud to know PA was using GUT health, and commented that his stomach was starting to feel better.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
BTW, I got my package today. BIG BIG THANKS! :box: :D

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
BTW, I got my package today. BIG BIG THANKS! :box: :D
UPS must be running slow. You were supposed to have gotten it yesterday.

At least it showed up...enjoy.

faerieeyes3

faerieeyes3

Awards
How would this product work with someone who has wicked Acid Reflux?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How would this product work with someone who has wicked Acid Reflux?
I doubt it...speaking as someone with VERY bad reflux and bleeding ulcers, I am looking for something to help here. GUT Health is enteric coated, so its effects are at the intestinal level, rather than stomach.

faerieeyes3

faerieeyes3

Awards
I doubt it...speaking as someone with VERY bad reflux and bleeding ulcers, I am looking for something to help here. GUT Health is enteric coated, so its effects are at the intestinal level, rather than stomach.
Do you use anything that helps your symptoms?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

MacMan

Awards
I'm on my fourth day of Gut Health and it absolutely lives up to label claims. Bloating, gas, and general gastrointestinal distress have dissipated if not completely disappeared. I am very, very impressed with this product and will continue to include it as a stable of my supplements. For the price, it's a blessing.

glsa17

Awards
  • Established
At this moment, not much but loads and loads of antacids and prevacid.
I used prevacid for about two years. Then I discontinued use for about a year. Then the problem came back and I started to use it again. All three times I had terrible allergic reactions. Burning up, trouble breathing (thought I was going to die), vomiting and nausea. I guess my body changed. It worked great the first time. But no longer. I have learned to manage my stress better since.

Good luck.

faerieeyes3

faerieeyes3

Awards
At this moment, not much but loads and loads of antacids and prevacid.
I was on prevacid, protonix, and nexium + reglan, but couldn't afford the perscriptions. I should buy stock in Maalox though...

agpetz

Awards
More feedback

I've been using gut health for about 10 days, started with 2 caps for first few days, now just 1 a day. I eat 6-8 egg whites, plus 2-3 whole eggs, 2-3 cups of oats, 2-3 servings of whey, and about 3 cups of broccoli and asparagus a day. I had been taking NOW Super Enzymes, but even on that, everyday at about 3 or 4 pm, I'd start getting some pretty wicked gas. Now, gas is almost non-existent. Great product in my opinion, and you only need 1 a day, I was taking 3 or 4 of the NOW a day.

prolangtum

prolangtum

Awards
  • Established
Im a big fan of GUT health...it has not cured my stomach issues (probaly IBS)...but it has greatly reduced my after meal discomfort.......i still struggle at night but im hoping continous use for a while will provide some added benefit.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been using it for about 10 days. I have IBS. It doesn't seem to have much of an effect at all though. I had been diagnosed with IBS years and years ago though. The only thing that seemed to help was a few years ago I switched to a carb cycling type diet. On the carb loads my symptoms act up insanely, gas, bloating, everything in between. If I could just eat low carb constantly my stomach would be fine with no symptoms. Since I started AP on the carb ups though the bloating has disappeared but believe me the gas is still there!. No stomach pain though since on the AP also. I do run to the bathroom a lot still but like I said no bloating or stomach pain , upset stomach or anything like that. It really STINKS, pun intended. So I have half the battle beaten, its just the STINKY GAS and running to the bathroom!...Since the addition of GUT HEALTH though it really has not made any difference.

dontknowaboutme

dontknowaboutme

Awards
I have been using Gut Health (currently on my second bottle). dsade, hope you get it back in stock soon, by the time I get close to running low on this. Probiotics are something I only really looked into after a case of food poisoning earlier this year. Though I always had a problem with digestion due to the amount of protein I take it.

Gut Health has really improved my digestion and gas. My girlfriend used to get grossed out by the smell of my farts, now I almost never fart, and if I do it is once a day.

I wish I got my stool tested before and after. Just from color, shape, and consistency alone, I am pretty damn sure Gut Health has helped me out in that department as well.

I also was on antibiotics in February with a long flu and bacterial infection and started popping the Gut Health immediately to remedy any damage from the antibiotics.

On a side not, I did notice Gut Health seems to use fewer organisms. But is also uses a different strain of bacteria than other probiotics.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
[MEDIA][/MEDIA]
I have been using Gut Health (currently on my second bottle). dsade, hope you get it back in stock soon, by the time I get close to running low on this. Probiotics are something I only really looked into after a case of food poisoning earlier this year. Though I always had a problem with digestion due to the amount of protein I take it.

Gut Health has really improved my digestion and gas. My girlfriend used to get grossed out by the smell of my farts, now I almost never fart, and if I do it is once a day.

I wish I got my stool tested before and after. Just from color, shape, and consistency alone, I am pretty damn sure Gut Health has helped me out in that department as well.

I also was on antibiotics in February with a long flu and bacterial infection and started popping the Gut Health immediately to remedy any damage from the antibiotics.

On a side not, I did notice Gut Health seems to use fewer organisms. But is also uses a different strain of bacteria than other probiotics.
I am having the next run done right quick. This did sell a lot quicker than expected.

We used a patented strain of LB called KE99. It is much stronger and heartier than other strains normally used. In addition, the reason a lot of the other products use so many colony forming units is because they freeze dry them. This starts killing them off right away.

I will try and dig up the test that was run on most of the products out, and the majority of them show ZERO viable organisms left alive by the time of purchase.

GUT Health is encased in olive oil, which allows the bacteria a liquid environment to thrive, so that by the time you are taking them, they are just as potent as when they were bottled.

dontknowaboutme

dontknowaboutme

Awards

I am having the next run done right quick. This did sell a lot quicker than expected.

We used a patented strain of LB called KE99. It is much stronger and heartier than other strains normally used. In addition, the reason a lot of the other products use so many colony forming units is because they freeze dry them. This starts killing them off right away.

I will try and dig up the test that was run on most of the products out, and the majority of them show ZERO viable organisms left alive by the time of purchase.

GUT Health is encased in olive oil, which allows the bacteria a liquid environment to thrive, so that by the time you are taking them, they are just as potent as when they were bottled.
Thanks, man. Yeah, because I have heard of probiotics using freeze-drying and SUPPOSEDLY you still get some viable organisms and they even say that there is still a little bit of benefit from dead organisms.

Yeah I came across a study and I believe olive oil was the number one method for longevity of the organism (not telling you, obviously you knew, just for other people). Screw it, lemme dig it back up for people to read:

http://www.probiohealth.com/probioticke99.pdf

But yeah, not attacking, just wondering the reasons behind the number of organisms. I had read previous to buying Gut Health, the superiority of KE-99. Like I said, I have had great success with Gut Health. After antibiotics usage, should I have an extended loading period? Well that is what I did anyway, but the low price of Gut Health doesn't make me worry about ****ting out my money (so to speak).

live4fitness

live4fitness

Awards
Im a big fan of GUT health...it has not cured my stomach issues (probaly IBS)...but it has greatly reduced my after meal discomfort.......i still struggle at night but im hoping continous use for a while will provide some added benefit.
My boss just showed me some articles about coconut macarron cookies and IBS/IBD. I have it and this weekend I will make the cookies and find out if it helps. You eat 1-2 cookies a day. Will let you know if it helps.

icey

icey

Awards
More feedback

I've been using gut health for about 10 days, started with 2 caps for first few days, now just 1 a day. I eat 6-8 egg whites, plus 2-3 whole eggs, 2-3 cups of oats, 2-3 servings of whey, and about 3 cups of broccoli and asparagus a day. I had been taking NOW Super Enzymes, but even on that, everyday at about 3 or 4 pm, I'd start getting some pretty wicked gas. Now, gas is almost non-existent. Great product in my opinion, and you only need 1 a day, I was taking 3 or 4 of the NOW a day.

I can't comment on this product but it's something I'm curious of checking out. I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but I've found my nervous stomach to have calmed down tremendously in the last week, since taking a probiotic pill in the morning. I take one in the morning and 1 midday, 15 mins before my after workout meal.

I also have noticed reduction in gas, along with uhh, quicker and smoother bowel movements.

I also use chamomile and ginger to keep everything relaxed, in my case it's because of hietal hernia, which is very tight in the morning.

My next step is to find a good fiber drink to add into the mix. I'm getting plenty of fibrous carbs and fruits and vegetables but still need an occasional boost to keep things moving. I think my stool size is a little inconsistent so need to get some bulk in there. HAHA

I originally found out about probiotics by watching a PBS show with a nutritionalist, she recommended omega 3s, fiber, probiotics, and digestive enzymes to keep the gut in top shape. She mentioned antibiotic use in the past as having a bad effect on the bacteria balance in the gut, and in my case I know this was true after going overseas and being food poisoned. I took 3 different kinds of antibiotics to get it cleaned up.

I am so far very pleased with probiotics, and the NOW Super Enzymes are great also.

Anybody know a good fiber supp, let me know, I'm not going to use any sort of psyllium husk stuff as those aren't good in the long run and I've heard can actually mess up the bacteria balance that the probiotics promote.

live4fitness

live4fitness

Awards
I was on prevacid, protonix, and nexium + reglan, but couldn't afford the perscriptions. I should buy stock in Maalox though...
Have you had an upper GI or a scope done? They may be able to give you a diagnosis. My son had stomach, and reflux problems. They scoped him and found out the sphinture at the top of the stomch didn't close all the way. FYI

icey

icey

Awards
Have you had an upper GI or a scope done? They may be able to give you a diagnosis. My son had stomach, and reflux problems. They scoped him and found out the sphinture at the top of the stomch didn't close all the way. FYI
I think that is 100% great advice, I found out my problem only after being scoped

Changed my life because I knew EXACTLY what I was dealing with, and I had these problems for over 15 years before finding the diagnosis.

faerieeyes3

faerieeyes3

Awards
Had both. it's been awhile so maybe i'm due for another one soon. its just hard when you go to college, work 3 jobs and there's a problem with the insurance EVERY time you make a claim.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established

In addition, the reason a lot of the other products use so many colony forming units is because they freeze dry them. This starts killing them off right away.

Well I guess that makes my NOW Foods Probiotic Defense totally useless. I actually knew better than to get a freeze-dried probiotic prod... I was just hoping that this time it might be good. Oh well.

ddawg91

ddawg91

Awards
  • Established

What helped me is when I found out I was allergic to gluten. Once I stoped eating wheat it rpetty much went away, although I do still have the hiatel hernia. Now one prevacid a day works just fine and rare cases I chug a little Mylanta and it takes care of it.

Good luck, it sucks!

icey

icey

Awards
Three things I find very helpful for beating hietal hernia:

1) Chamomile extract
2) Ginger
3) Cinammon

Chamomile extract is amazing and I highly recommend it for hietal hernia. It took a few days to kick in but it worked very well for me. One of my favorite supplements ever.

ddawg91

ddawg91

Awards
  • Established
Three things I find very helpful for beating hietal hernia:

1) Chamomile extract
2) Ginger
3) Cinammon

Chamomile extract is amazing and I highly recommend it for hietal hernia. It took a few days to kick in but it worked very well for me. One of my favorite supplements ever.
Interesting, will have tog ive ti a try. Thx!

icey

icey

Awards
I've had hietal hernia so bad there were times when I couldn't eat for hours.

Other times I had to puke

It's definitley worth a shot

ddawg91

ddawg91

Awards
  • Established
I've had hietal hernia so bad there were times when I couldn't eat for hours.

Other times I had to puke

It's definitley worth a shot
Did you do it all in pill form or just mix a type of "tea" with the powders? How much of each?