Gut Health?

Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. Registered User
    Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,868
    Rep Power
    854634

    Re acid reflux - please take this for what it cost you - it is a free suggestion.

    I DO NOT HAVE acid reflux, so I can't say if this actually works.

    I am told that AR results from the stomach sensing too little acid. If true, adding antacids would seem to make the problem worse, but address the symptoms.

    As counter-intuitive as it seems, I read a study (somewhere) that suggests adding apple cider vinegar is an effective way to treat AR.

    Again, you might want to research this. I am by no means passing this on as a recommendation - just a suggestion that this might be something worth looking into.

  2. Registered User
    AFOX's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    43
    Posts
    187
    Rep Power
    204

    I do not have acid reflux anymore. If you read my post, I said I had surgery to eliminate my acid reflux. I have what I think is bacterial overgrowth.
  3. Registered User
    fenster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Rockies
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    101

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    For right now, Nutraplanet is the only online store carrying it.

    We now have a West Coast distributor, and a bunch of retail stores on the West Coast, but we are still negotiating with the east coast players.
    RPN ROCKS!
    •   
       

  4. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,302
    Rep Power
    755325

    Quote Originally Posted by AFOX View Post
    I have a question about gut health. I had bacterial overgrowth a couple of years ago, and now I think it may be back. I'm having all the horrible symptoms( gas, cramping, bloating ect.. Will this product get rid of it, or do I have to go back to the doctor and get tested for it, and get medication? I had surgery for my acid reflux a while back, and while it worked for acid reflux, I have had problems with gas and bad cramping every since.
    As with any supplement, GUT Health is not designed, nor does it claim, to treat any disease. You always need to discuss the situation with your physician. PLease, by all means, bring up GUT Health to him.

    Probiotics, and GUT Health in particular, are designed to maintain the healthy colonization of your intestinal flora. Unhealthy strains of bacteria can definitely cause some of the symptoms you are experiencing. Probiotics should be a regular part of everyone's regimen anyway.

    Again, please speak to your doctor.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  5. Registered User
    Grant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,016
    Rep Power
    712

    Should I take it with or without food?


    I also take VPX Fiberteq which has

    Viable Bacteria 2,500,000:
    Lactobacillus Acidophilus
    Lactobacillus Casei
    Bifidobacterium Infantis

    Is this gonna be to much probiotic? Is that even possible?
  6. Registered User
    fenster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Rockies
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    101

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Should I take it with or without food?


    I also take VPX Fiberteq which has

    Viable Bacteria 2,500,000:
    Lactobacillus Acidophilus
    Lactobacillus Casei
    Bifidobacterium Infantis

    Is this gonna be to much probiotic? Is that even possible?
    Well, I ate Dannon Activia for 2 weeks, and I must say there were noticeable changes (good changes) to digestion and excretion.

    As far as too much probiotic, that's definitely a question for a gastro doc.

    I wouldn't over do it personally.
  7. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,302
    Rep Power
    755325

    You pretty much cannot overdose on good bacteria. There is only so much surface area on your intestinal tract. The rest will just be excreted.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  8. Registered User
    fenster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Rockies
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    101

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    You pretty much cannot overdose on good bacteria. There is only so much surface area on your intestinal tract. The rest will just be excreted.
    Good info to know.

    Thanks!
  9. Registered User
    johnyq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    va
    Age
    33
    Posts
    827
    Rep Power
    505

    Is this a good option for someone on antibiotics?

    Or is there even a point then?
  10. Registered User
    Grant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,016
    Rep Power
    712

    With or without food?
  11. Idiot Savant
    Board Sponsor
    prld2gr8ns's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Between Middle Earth and Narnia
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,502
    Rep Power
    61214

    Quote Originally Posted by johnyq View Post
    Is this a good option for someone on antibiotics?

    Or is there even a point then?
    I think it would be kinda counter productive seeing as how the AB's kill off gut flora. It would IMO be a great thing to take once the AB's are discontinued to help recolonize and build up gut integrity.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!


  12. Registered User
    johnyq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    va
    Age
    33
    Posts
    827
    Rep Power
    505

    Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    I think it would be kinda counter productive seeing as how the AB's kill off gut flora. It would IMO be a great thing to take once the AB's are discontinued to help recolonize and build up gut integrity.
    Its long term ABs for skin. 25 and occasionally breaking out badly, so I went on tetracycline.
  13. Registered User
    live4fitness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    41
    Posts
    128
    Rep Power
    156

    Quote Originally Posted by johnyq View Post
    Its long term ABs for skin. 25 and occasionally breaking out badly, so I went on tetracylcline.
    Take on opposite times. Like AB in am and probiotics in the pm
  14. Registered User
    Boogie Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    99

    Hey guy's

    For whatever it's worth I would like to recomend a book for you to read. It's called Natural cures that "They" don't want you to know about. It was written by Kevin Trudeau and the information has helped me a lot. I can't summerize the whole book but the main point is that drugs do not cure our health problems, they only suppress the symtoms and always have some sort of side effect. The major reason we have health issues is from all the toxins we have put in our bodies from the chemicals that are in the store bought food we eat and prescription and non prescription drugs etc. If you really want to get healthy, start by doing a colon cleanse, liver/gallblader cleanse, kidney cleanse, heavy metal cleanse, parasite cleanse, candida cleanse. Just doing these cleanses will eliminate most of the toxins in your body and enable your body to be able to heal itself much better. I have been doing a colon cleanse and am gaining both physical and mental energy by the day. The other thing is to stop putting so much toxic stuff in your body. I have had a lot of stomach problems and am going to try a all natural product called aloecure. You can check it out at aloecure.com for more info. I have not tried it yet but have heard very good things. Any way, Kevin Trudeau's book has helped millions of people overcome there health ailments and I just thought I would mention that here because I can see that many of you have some stomach/intestinal issues. I do believe that you can be healed without the use of drugs or surgery.
  15. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,302
    Rep Power
    755325

    Quote Originally Posted by Boogie Man View Post
    Hey guy's

    For whatever it's worth I would like to recomend a book for you to read. It's called Natural cures that "They" don't want you to know about. It was written by Kevin Trudeau and the information has helped me a lot. I can't summerize the whole book but the main point is that drugs do not cure our health problems, they only suppress the symtoms and always have some sort of side effect. The major reason we have health issues is from all the toxins we have put in our bodies from the chemicals that are in the store bought food we eat and prescription and non prescription drugs etc. If you really want to get healthy, start by doing a colon cleanse, liver/gallblader cleanse, kidney cleanse, heavy metal cleanse, parasite cleanse, candida cleanse. Just doing these cleanses will eliminate most of the toxins in your body and enable your body to be able to heal itself much better. I have been doing a colon cleanse and am gaining both physical and mental energy by the day. The other thing is to stop putting so much toxic stuff in your body. I have had a lot of stomach problems and am going to try a all natural product called aloecure. You can check it out at aloecure.com for more info. I have not tried it yet but have heard very good things. Any way, Kevin Trudeau's book has helped millions of people overcome there health ailments and I just thought I would mention that here because I can see that many of you have some stomach/intestinal issues. I do believe that you can be healed without the use of drugs or surgery.
    Wow, infomercials AND spam....it MUST be legit.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  16. Registered User
    Boogie Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    99

    Take it for whatever it is worth my friend.
  17. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,302
    Rep Power
    755325

    Quote Originally Posted by Boogie Man View Post
    Take it for whatever it is worth my friend.
    I did...hence my post.

    As an insomniac, Mr. Trudeau's "show" is something I watch frequently. While I can agree with the concept of chelation/elimination of toxins, I don't think the products they sell are anything too special...definitely not enough to derail a thread with SPAM.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  18. Registered User
    Boogie Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    99

    Actually, Mr. Trudeau does not sell or even endorse any specific name brand remedy.

    What is this SPAM that you speak of?

    You may not be convinced with what Kevin is saying and I don't have a problem with that at all. However millions of people around the world have been cured of many things ranging from acid reflux to cancer and since some of the people posting had said they had some stomach problems I thought I would pass some information that might be helpful to them.

    If my first post bothers you that much, just let me know and I will remove it.
  19. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,302
    Rep Power
    755325

    Quote Originally Posted by Boogie Man View Post
    Actually, Mr. Trudeau does not sell or even endorse any specific name brand remedy.

    What is this SPAM that you speak of?

    You may not be convinced with what Kevin is saying and I don't have a problem with that at all. However millions of people around the world have been cured of many things ranging from acid reflux to cancer and since some of the people posting had said they had some stomach problems I thought I would pass some information that might be helpful to them.

    If my first post bothers you that much, just let me know and I will remove it.
    Not at all. I am a firm believer in freedom of expression.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  20. Registered User
    Boogie Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    99

    You have kept me up past my bedtime.

    Have a good night brutha
  21. Registered User
    johnyq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    va
    Age
    33
    Posts
    827
    Rep Power
    505

    Quote Originally Posted by Boogie Man View Post
    I have had a lot of stomach problems and am going to try a all natural product called aloecure.
    You ever think that maybe all of these "cleanses" are the source of your stomach problems
  22. Registered User
    live4fitness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    41
    Posts
    128
    Rep Power
    156

    I bought that book too was GREATLY disaponted!!!! He said it would help with ADD/ADHDS in children and it only said to do cleanses and I don't think I could do a colon cleanse on my 4 year old. But in the book he said you could pay and join his group and get more info. I have done cleanses and they help for a while but you need to find out what your body needs to be able to maintain healthiness so things like probiotics can help with maintance and a preventative. I saw the book as him talking a lot about conspiracy theories. There are a lot of great books out there that help people with specifics like take coconut oil for energy and to decrease chol. levels. So in my opinion his book SUCKED!!!!!
  23. Banned
    poopypants's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bikini Bottom
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,208
    Rep Power
    0

    Wow i had just brought up the idea of using this in my log then when i come on the boards this afternoon i see this thread and decide to give it a look..... So far im very impressed with everyones feedback and think i could DEF benifit from this since my diet has been doing a number to me (and my poor lady) and @ such a cheap price its def worth the try....
    ill be updating my results in my log once i get it.

    thanks Dsade, GJ.
  24. Registered User
    Boogie Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    99

    johnyq

    The reason for my stomach problems has been way to many cycles of M1T. I really want to do some D-bol, but I know it will kill my stomach. Even with injectable gear my stomach gets out of whack. If I stop using the gear my stomach problems go away for the most part. I just haven't gotten to the point where I can stop using juice, but if I did my tummy would thank me.
  25. Banned
    poopypants's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bikini Bottom
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,208
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    With or without food?
    BUMP to this....also when loading is it 2 at once or 2 spread out across the day?
  26. Registered User
    asianbabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,616
    Rep Power
    1806

    Quote Originally Posted by poopypants View Post
    BUMP to this....also when loading is it 2 at once or 2 spread out across the day?
    Either way is fine. Taken with or without food, effectiveness will not be reduced.
    As for the loading phase, try one in the AM and one before bed for the first 5 days
  27. Registered User
    Flaw's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    1,278
    Rep Power
    1400

    I ordered some gut health to try it out as it's been a long time since i'm tried some probiotics and my stomach has been giving me issues lately. I know it's the high protein/high acid forming diet. I feel bloated most of the time, even with the enzymes in the protein shakes. They aren't enough. I notice when I lay on my stomach i get a really bad pain in my chest like I can't breathe. Been taking some carb powder and that don't help the issue either. Hoping this does the trick. I'm probably full of yeast!
    ôLord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life"- John 6:68

    WHAT has science offered?
  28. Banned
    poopypants's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bikini Bottom
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,208
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by asianbabe View Post
    Either way is fine. Taken with or without food, effectiveness will not be reduced.
    As for the loading phase, try one in the AM and one before bed for the first 5 days
    Awesome thanks A.b.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Gut Health, Intial Dosing Protocol
    By BlueChip in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-30-2007, 10:00 AM
  2. Gut Health?
    By colkurtz_spf in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-07-2007, 12:30 PM
  3. RPN Gut Health
    By glsa17 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-27-2007, 10:18 PM
  4. RPN Gut Health
    By glsa17 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-23-2007, 12:49 PM
  5. Delay on orders with Poseiden or GUT Health?
    By JJC in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-05-2007, 08:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.