Gut Health?

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by faerieeyes3 View Post
    I was on prevacid, protonix, and nexium + reglan, but couldn't afford the perscriptions. I should buy stock in Maalox though...
    Dam thats a lot of s***

2. Thumbs up

More feedback

I've been using gut health for about 10 days, started with 2 caps for first few days, now just 1 a day. I eat 6-8 egg whites, plus 2-3 whole eggs, 2-3 cups of oats, 2-3 servings of whey, and about 3 cups of broccoli and asparagus a day. I had been taking NOW Super Enzymes, but even on that, everyday at about 3 or 4 pm, I'd start getting some pretty wicked gas. Now, gas is almost non-existent. Great product in my opinion, and you only need 1 a day, I was taking 3 or 4 of the NOW a day.
    •   

3. Im a big fan of GUT health...it has not cured my stomach issues (probaly IBS)...but it has greatly reduced my after meal discomfort.......i still struggle at night but im hoping continous use for a while will provide some added benefit.

4. Not all at once. None of em worked for me.

5. I've been using it for about 10 days. I have IBS. It doesn't seem to have much of an effect at all though. I had been diagnosed with IBS years and years ago though. The only thing that seemed to help was a few years ago I switched to a carb cycling type diet. On the carb loads my symptoms act up insanely, gas, bloating, everything in between. If I could just eat low carb constantly my stomach would be fine with no symptoms. Since I started AP on the carb ups though the bloating has disappeared but believe me the gas is still there!. No stomach pain though since on the AP also. I do run to the bathroom a lot still but like I said no bloating or stomach pain , upset stomach or anything like that. It really STINKS, pun intended. So I have half the battle beaten, its just the STINKY GAS and running to the bathroom!...Since the addition of GUT HEALTH though it really has not made any difference.

6. I have been using Gut Health (currently on my second bottle). dsade, hope you get it back in stock soon, by the time I get close to running low on this. Probiotics are something I only really looked into after a case of food poisoning earlier this year. Though I always had a problem with digestion due to the amount of protein I take it.

Gut Health has really improved my digestion and gas. My girlfriend used to get grossed out by the smell of my farts, now I almost never fart, and if I do it is once a day.

I wish I got my stool tested before and after. Just from color, shape, and consistency alone, I am pretty damn sure Gut Health has helped me out in that department as well.

I also was on antibiotics in February with a long flu and bacterial infection and started popping the Gut Health immediately to remedy any damage from the antibiotics.

On a side not, I did notice Gut Health seems to use fewer organisms. But is also uses a different strain of bacteria than other probiotics.

7. [MEDIA][/MEDIA]
    Quote Originally Posted by dontknowaboutme View Post
    I have been using Gut Health (currently on my second bottle). dsade, hope you get it back in stock soon, by the time I get close to running low on this. Probiotics are something I only really looked into after a case of food poisoning earlier this year. Though I always had a problem with digestion due to the amount of protein I take it.

Gut Health has really improved my digestion and gas. My girlfriend used to get grossed out by the smell of my farts, now I almost never fart, and if I do it is once a day.

I wish I got my stool tested before and after. Just from color, shape, and consistency alone, I am pretty damn sure Gut Health has helped me out in that department as well.

I also was on antibiotics in February with a long flu and bacterial infection and started popping the Gut Health immediately to remedy any damage from the antibiotics.

On a side not, I did notice Gut Health seems to use fewer organisms. But is also uses a different strain of bacteria than other probiotics.
    I am having the next run done right quick. This did sell a lot quicker than expected.

We used a patented strain of LB called KE99. It is much stronger and heartier than other strains normally used. In addition, the reason a lot of the other products use so many colony forming units is because they freeze dry them. This starts killing them off right away.

I will try and dig up the test that was run on most of the products out, and the majority of them show ZERO viable organisms left alive by the time of purchase.

GUT Health is encased in olive oil, which allows the bacteria a liquid environment to thrive, so that by the time you are taking them, they are just as potent as when they were bottled.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

8. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post

I am having the next run done right quick. This did sell a lot quicker than expected.

We used a patented strain of LB called KE99. It is much stronger and heartier than other strains normally used. In addition, the reason a lot of the other products use so many colony forming units is because they freeze dry them. This starts killing them off right away.

I will try and dig up the test that was run on most of the products out, and the majority of them show ZERO viable organisms left alive by the time of purchase.

GUT Health is encased in olive oil, which allows the bacteria a liquid environment to thrive, so that by the time you are taking them, they are just as potent as when they were bottled.
    Thanks, man. Yeah, because I have heard of probiotics using freeze-drying and SUPPOSEDLY you still get some viable organisms and they even say that there is still a little bit of benefit from dead organisms.

Yeah I came across a study and I believe olive oil was the number one method for longevity of the organism (not telling you, obviously you knew, just for other people). Screw it, lemme dig it back up for people to read:

http://www.probiohealth.com/probioticke99.pdf

But yeah, not attacking, just wondering the reasons behind the number of organisms. I had read previous to buying Gut Health, the superiority of KE-99. Like I said, I have had great success with Gut Health. After antibiotics usage, should I have an extended loading period? Well that is what I did anyway, but the low price of Gut Health doesn't make me worry about ****ting out my money (so to speak).

9. Quote Originally Posted by prolangtum View Post
    Im a big fan of GUT health...it has not cured my stomach issues (probaly IBS)...but it has greatly reduced my after meal discomfort.......i still struggle at night but im hoping continous use for a while will provide some added benefit.
    My boss just showed me some articles about coconut macarron cookies and IBS/IBD. I have it and this weekend I will make the cookies and find out if it helps. You eat 1-2 cookies a day. Will let you know if it helps.

10. Quote Originally Posted by agpetz View Post
    More feedback

I've been using gut health for about 10 days, started with 2 caps for first few days, now just 1 a day. I eat 6-8 egg whites, plus 2-3 whole eggs, 2-3 cups of oats, 2-3 servings of whey, and about 3 cups of broccoli and asparagus a day. I had been taking NOW Super Enzymes, but even on that, everyday at about 3 or 4 pm, I'd start getting some pretty wicked gas. Now, gas is almost non-existent. Great product in my opinion, and you only need 1 a day, I was taking 3 or 4 of the NOW a day.

I can't comment on this product but it's something I'm curious of checking out. I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but I've found my nervous stomach to have calmed down tremendously in the last week, since taking a probiotic pill in the morning. I take one in the morning and 1 midday, 15 mins before my after workout meal.

I also have noticed reduction in gas, along with uhh, quicker and smoother bowel movements.

I also use chamomile and ginger to keep everything relaxed, in my case it's because of hietal hernia, which is very tight in the morning.

My next step is to find a good fiber drink to add into the mix. I'm getting plenty of fibrous carbs and fruits and vegetables but still need an occasional boost to keep things moving. I think my stool size is a little inconsistent so need to get some bulk in there. HAHA

I originally found out about probiotics by watching a PBS show with a nutritionalist, she recommended omega 3s, fiber, probiotics, and digestive enzymes to keep the gut in top shape. She mentioned antibiotic use in the past as having a bad effect on the bacteria balance in the gut, and in my case I know this was true after going overseas and being food poisoned. I took 3 different kinds of antibiotics to get it cleaned up.

I am so far very pleased with probiotics, and the NOW Super Enzymes are great also.

Anybody know a good fiber supp, let me know, I'm not going to use any sort of psyllium husk stuff as those aren't good in the long run and I've heard can actually mess up the bacteria balance that the probiotics promote.
    •   

11. Quote Originally Posted by faerieeyes3 View Post
    I was on prevacid, protonix, and nexium + reglan, but couldn't afford the perscriptions. I should buy stock in Maalox though...
    Have you had an upper GI or a scope done? They may be able to give you a diagnosis. My son had stomach, and reflux problems. They scoped him and found out the sphinture at the top of the stomch didn't close all the way. FYI

12. Quote Originally Posted by live4fitness View Post
    Have you had an upper GI or a scope done? They may be able to give you a diagnosis. My son had stomach, and reflux problems. They scoped him and found out the sphinture at the top of the stomch didn't close all the way. FYI
    I think that is 100% great advice, I found out my problem only after being scoped

Changed my life because I knew EXACTLY what I was dealing with, and I had these problems for over 15 years before finding the diagnosis.

13. Quote Originally Posted by faerieeyes3 View Post
    Not all at once. None of em worked for me.
    Do you still have stomach ulcers and do you know what caused them...drinking, smoking, stress or autoimmune disease?

14. Quote Originally Posted by live4fitness View Post
    Had both. it's been awhile so maybe i'm due for another one soon. its just hard when you go to college, work 3 jobs and there's a problem with the insurance EVERY time you make a claim.

15. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    In addition, the reason a lot of the other products use so many colony forming units is because they freeze dry them. This starts killing them off right away.

Well I guess that makes my NOW Foods Probiotic Defense totally useless. I actually knew better than to get a freeze-dried probiotic prod... I was just hoping that this time it might be good. Oh well.
    MOTIV8 II Challenge
    -=The Big Squirrel Nut Swingers=-

16. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    I doubt it...speaking as someone with VERY bad reflux and bleeding ulcers, I am looking for something to help here. GUT Health is enteric coated, so its effects are at the intestinal level, rather than stomach.

What helped me is when I found out I was allergic to gluten. Once I stoped eating wheat it rpetty much went away, although I do still have the hiatel hernia. Now one prevacid a day works just fine and rare cases I chug a little Mylanta and it takes care of it.

Good luck, it sucks!

17. Three things I find very helpful for beating hietal hernia:

1) Chamomile extract
    2) Ginger
    3) Cinammon

Chamomile extract is amazing and I highly recommend it for hietal hernia. It took a few days to kick in but it worked very well for me. One of my favorite supplements ever.

18. Quote Originally Posted by icey View Post
    Three things I find very helpful for beating hietal hernia:

1) Chamomile extract
    2) Ginger
    3) Cinammon

Chamomile extract is amazing and I highly recommend it for hietal hernia. It took a few days to kick in but it worked very well for me. One of my favorite supplements ever.
    Interesting, will have tog ive ti a try. Thx!

19. I've had hietal hernia so bad there were times when I couldn't eat for hours.

Other times I had to puke

It's definitley worth a shot

20. Quote Originally Posted by icey View Post
    I've had hietal hernia so bad there were times when I couldn't eat for hours.

Other times I had to puke

It's definitley worth a shot
    Did you do it all in pill form or just mix a type of "tea" with the powders? How much of each?

21. Quote Originally Posted by ddawg91 View Post
    Did you do it all in pill form or just mix a type of "tea" with the powders? How much of each?

I use Nature's Way Chamomile extract pills

At first I front load them, (when having problems, like I'm stressed out) taking 2-4 per meal. Once things calm down and the effect kicks in (after a few weeks) I will back off and go down to sometimes 1 every morning. Right now I go with 2 before breakfast and 2 before bed. Works well for me.

http://www.shop.com/op/~NATURE'S_WAY_Chamomile_Standa rdized_Extract-prod-15250217-21863983?sourceid=3

22. Quote Originally Posted by faerieeyes3 View Post
    Had both. it's been awhile so maybe i'm due for another one soon. its just hard when you go to college, work 3 jobs and there's a problem with the insurance EVERY time you make a claim.
    Got S T R E S S ?

That might be your problem!

23. I just noticed some read marks on one of Guy Health caps today. I threw it out. Also my caps are slimy and most are half or less full. Is this normal?

24. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I just noticed some read marks on one of Guy Health caps today. I threw it out. Also my caps are slimy and most are half or less full. Is this normal?
    Did they get overheated or left by something hot, like a coffeemaker?

email me your address ([email protected]) and I will send you a replacement.

25. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I just noticed some read marks on one of Guy Health caps today. I threw it out. Also my caps are slimy and most are half or less full. Is this normal?
    These pills are a little bit different due to them being an effective probiotic. I believe it uses (from the study I linked to above):
    a patented oil-based prebiotic anaerobic encapsulation system for an extended preservation of probiotic at room temperature and a rapid recovery after in vivo administration has been developed for a dose-efficient functional delivery of KE-99.
    So the pills will be a little slimy, they will also be hard. I do not know what you mean by "half full", maybe you literally do really mean "half". However, mine are 80-90% full--which is how they are supposed to be.

26. Quote Originally Posted by dontknowaboutme View Post
    These pills are a little bit different due to them being an effective probiotic. I believe it uses (from the study I linked to above):

So the pills will be a little slimy, they will also be hard. I do not know what you mean by "half full", maybe you literally do really mean "half". However, mine are 80-90% full--which is how they are supposed to be.

Yes the caps are either a quarter of only halfway full. I received them like this from Nutraplanet. I wondered about it but never questioned it.

27. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Did they get overheated or left by something hot, like a coffeemaker?

email me your address ([email protected]) and I will send you a replacement.

Wow, thanks!. No I don't think they got overheated. I keep all my sups in a dark cabinet. Maybe something happened during shipping because it has been really cold here. I'm thinking maybe from being warm on the trucks, and they being cold outside...I don't know. Email sent though!. Awesome customer service!. You are always on top of things!.

28. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Wow, thanks!. No I don't think they got overheated. I keep all my sups in a dark cabinet. Maybe something happened during shipping because it has been really cold here. I'm thinking maybe from being warm on the trucks, and they being cold outside...I don't know. Email sent though!. Awesome customer service!. You are always on top of things!.
    I will get this out tomorrow morning.

The slimyness you feel is mostly the enteric coating, BTW.

29. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    I will get this out tomorrow morning.

The slimyness you feel is mostly the enteric coating, BTW.

I didn't expect a free bottle!. You are way too nice!.

30. I have a question about gut health. I had bacterial overgrowth a couple of years ago, and now I think it may be back. I'm having all the horrible symptoms( gas, cramping, bloating ect.. Will this product get rid of it, or do I have to go back to the doctor and get tested for it, and get medication? I had surgery for my acid reflux a while back, and while it worked for acid reflux, I have had problems with gas and bad cramping every since.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Gut Health, Intial Dosing Protocol
    By BlueChip in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-30-2007, 12:00 PM
  2. Gut Health?
    By colkurtz_spf in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-07-2007, 02:30 PM
  3. RPN Gut Health
    By glsa17 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-28-2007, 12:18 AM
  4. RPN Gut Health
    By glsa17 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-23-2007, 02:49 PM
  5. Delay on orders with Poseiden or GUT Health?
    By JJC in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-05-2007, 10:47 AM