Supp. Help

shiby1510

Awards
Hi.. I have recently been just taking protein along with glutamine.

I am 19 5'6 130lb

I am beginning a steady diet which was setup for me by a dietician so no worries about that but I have heard some different products and I was wondering if you guys had some suggestions for me... I have heard a lot of hype about x factor as well kre alkalyn and also BCAA's

Any suggestions on what I should use and could you also give me the company names as well... I am planning on taking 1lb of protein plus the other recommended supplements..

thanks.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
A pound of protein a day is 453.6 grams, which is 3.48 grams per pound of your bodyweight, that's more than the ~2 grams per pound you need to bulk.

That much protein won't hurt you, but it will slow your progress if it's taking the place of complex carbs and essential fats.

Think protein from dietary sources like cottage cheese, fish, chicken breast, etc. with a wakeup and after workout whey shake for fast absorbtion/replentishment, and I would suggest trying some plain creatine monohydrate first, see how you respond to that before trying the fancy expensive types like kre. BCAAs are good, but you don't really need em, and I think supplementary glutamine is worthless.

I don't know enough specifically about X factor to comment, but I have seen data on Arachidonic acid and postagladins relation to inflammation to not want to use it myself.

Stay away from hormonal products ( legals and not) until you are older, they can seriously **** up your system in the longer term if you use them too young.

Eat right, train right, sleep right, stick with the basics for a while.

The board sponsors, Nutraplanet and Custom are sources for excellent price and service.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
A pound of protein a day is 453.6 grams, which is 3.48 grams per pound of your bodyweight, that's more than the ~2 grams per pound you need to bulk.

That much protein won't hurt you, but it will slow your progress if it's taking the place of complex carbs and essential fats.

Think protein from dietary sources like cottage cheese, fish, chicken breast, etc. with a wakeup and after workout whey shake for fast absorbtion/replentishment, and I would suggest trying some plain creatine monohydrate first, see how you respond to that before trying the fancy expensive types like kre. BCAAs are good, but you don't really need em, and I think supplementary glutamine is worthless.

I don't know enough specifically about X factor to comment, but I have seen data on Arachidonic acid and postagladins relation to inflammation to not want to use it myself.

Stay away from hormonal products ( legals and not) until you are older, they can seriously **** up your system in the longer term if you use them too young.

Eat right, train right, sleep right, stick with the basics for a while.

The board sponsors, Nutraplanet and Custom are sources for excellent price and service.
That is sound advice! Hormonal products are always a temptation because they work,but your goals have to be clearly definedand you need a very disiplined diet and workout,which you can,t possible conceive until you have put in the time under the weights. I have run cycles where I have gained 2 lbs with all the same risks as if I had gained 20,Not everyone reponds to hormones(genetics is a word you learn to love or hate depending where you fall)Everone reponds to calories.More calories in more weight gained.I have always got the best weight gains from a complete protien mix.I had to experiment until I found one that I could digest(whey) then it was a search for flavor.I like the basics chocolate in the winter and vanilla in the summer maybe with some frozen blueberries for fiber.Single aminos can be tricky because you don't want to create an imbalance as aminos work in groups.There is competition for you blood barrier.I have found that Creatine messes with my electrolites(bloating,cramping,nausea,headaches)Glutamine seems to dump too much ammonia into my system(joint pain)I had good results with arginine,ornithine,taurine,citrulline,beta alanine.the key being rotating and cycling.If you are brand new to supplements,stick with the solid protien.There are many theories on quantities per lb,I would just go by the lable recommendations.Keep an eye towards balance,less can be more.Try not to take a lot of new supps at once.Sometimes the antagonize(work against) eachother.Also if this is a lifestyle change keep it simple,buy qualitiy but only take as much as is effective.You should stick to the board sponsors simply because they are accountable to the board membership.There are many people who post here that have spent alot of time($$$) experimenting and bring there knowledge here.I wish there was a forum in 1981(or even an internet)Good luck.+

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
At your age my opinion is that if you eat right and train well, you can make massive gains within 3 years without using anything but food.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Hi.. I have recently been just taking protein along with glutamine.

I am 19 5'6 130lb

I am beginning a steady diet which was setup for me by a dietician so no worries about that but I have heard some different products and I was wondering if you guys had some suggestions for me... I have heard a lot of hype about x factor as well kre alkalyn and also BCAA's

Any suggestions on what I should use and could you also give me the company names as well... I am planning on taking 1lb of protein plus the other recommended supplements..

thanks.
Optimum Nutrition makes some pretty cheap creatine monohydrate. As has been said, if you've never used creatine before it's your best bet before going to the other versions. It's usually the cheapest on a per dose basis.

USP Labs had a great deal going on BCAAs, they may still have that going and if so I'd give them a shot.

Glutamine may give your immune system a boost but for muscle building, opinions vary and evidence is scant. I'd avoid it.

I'd recommend you add fish oil and a good multi vitamin to your daily intake if you haven't already. Muscle building benefits aren't the reason, just general health. I usually go with NOW Foods ADAM for my multi but I'm going to change soon now that one of the sponsors, CNW, has got 1000cap fish oil deal and a selection of multis now. It'd be a good spot to go for those.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
I suggest you add nothing but intense exercise to the point of profuse sweating, massive amounts of carbs, and choice cuts of meat on a daily basis. Save the external stuff till later, if you do, you will be glad.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I suggest you add nothing but intense exercise to the point of profuse sweating, massive amounts of carbs, and choice cuts of meat on a daily basis. Save the external stuff till later, if you do, you will be glad.
Even multis and fish oil? I can understand wanting to lay off everything, perhaps even creatine, but those are just nutritional supps for general health. I don't see any reason why everyone shouldn't be taking them, the health benefits they confer aren't age specific.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Just my opinion of course, and I appreciate yours also, everyone eventually makes their own decision based on the facts and a collection of others points of view: its a wonderful thing.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
I suggest supplementing as opposed to a food only diet,because it is quicker and more efficient.It has taken me about 25 years to get my diet down(althogh I am still working on it) I had no clue what made a piece of meat "choice" when I was 20....Did get a decent amout of carbs from beer and pizza though. My freshman year of college football I ate BurgerKing 17 days in a row, Love the Whopper! I had heard that's what Hershel Walker trained on....DOOOH!

shiby1510

Awards
I was looking at the fish oil that is sold by cnw how much should be taken a day by someone like me?? and should I take any other oils? and what exactly does fish oil do? I am also taking gnc multi