AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I took out a pre workout with AMP in it to use this week. I noticed that I do not get the same effect that I once did at two scoops. It is not tolerance, when I use a pre workout just with caffeine, I feel it. PWO past the best by date, do they lose potency?

Edit - it was sealed and stored properly.

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I took out a pre workout with AMP in it to use this week. I noticed that I do not get the same effect that I once did at two scoops. It is not tolerance, when I use a pre workout just with caffeine, I feel it. PWO past the best by date, do they lose potency?

Edit - it was sealed and stored properly.
Did Hi Tech produce it?

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh man, that’s a shame out of all the exotic stims AMP is prob
My favourite too

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That stinks! It could be the potency. How long is it past the best by date?

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am still using a bulk bag of DMAA that expired in like 2014, been stored in the freezer the whole time and still hits me hard AF.

Unless it is really old I wouldn't think potency should have dropped all that much.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Compounds lose potency over time, but VERY slowly.

It's possible the tub wasn't completely blended/mixed...or you have sensitivity to that ingredient in particular. Most commonly I err on the side of the manufacturing because it's really really easy for a powder to end up not being evenly mixed, even when it was manufactured properly.

Here is an example of drug potency over time via Harvard:

https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/drug-expiration-dates-do-they-mean-anything

It turns out that the expiration date on a drug does stand for something, but probably not what you think it does. Since a law was passed in 1979, drug manufacturers are required to stamp an expiration date on their products. This is the date at which the manufacturer can still guarantee the full potency and safety of the drug.

Most of what is known about drug expiration dates comes from a study conducted by the Food and Drug Administration at the request of the military. With a large and expensive stockpile of drugs, the military faced tossing out and replacing its drugs every few years. What they found from the study is 90% of more than 100 drugs, both prescription and over-the-counter, were perfectly good to use even 15 years after the expiration date.

So the expiration date doesn't really indicate a point at which the medication is no longer effective or has become unsafe to use. Medical authorities state if expired medicine is safe to take, even those that expired years ago. A rare exception to this may be tetracycline, but the report on this is controversial among researchers. It's true the effectiveness of a drug may decrease over time, but much of the original potency still remains even a decade after the expiration date. Excluding nitroglycerin, insulin, and liquid antibiotics, most medications are as long-lasting as the ones tested by the military. Placing a medication in a cool place, such as a refrigerator, will help a drug remain potent for many years.

via uscd:

https://health.ucsd.edu/news/features/Pages/2014-06-25-when-drugs-go-bad.aspx

Expiration dates are basically arbitrary, Cantrell says. Most drugs are labeled as expiring three years after their manufacture, but this doesn’t mean the drug has necessarily gone bad. “All the expiration date tells you is the last day that the manufacturer guarantees the drug’s full potency and safety.”

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Did Hi Tech produce it?
Nope

Oh man, that’s a shame out of all the exotic stims AMP is prob
My favourite too
I love AMP

I am still using a bulk bag of DMAA that expired in like 2014, been stored in the freezer the whole time and still hits me hard AF.

Unless it is really old I wouldn't think potency should have dropped all that much.
It may be because I have used Teacrine capsules with it, so maybe it isn't hitting as hard as it normally would.

Thanks Vaughn. I haven't used AMP in years though.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nope

I love AMP

It may be because I have used Teacrine capsules with it, so maybe it isn't hitting as hard as it normally would.

Thanks Vaughn. I haven't used AMP in years though.
although I hate to say this bc it sounds ludicrous, shake the tub extremely well and repeat the experiment.