GDA or probiotic?

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have been traveling with my work a lot lately and have some more work trips coming up. I try to keep an overall pretty healthy and clean diet, when I’m home I pretty much eat the same things, but when I gone it’s only restaurants and even then I try to eat clean but my stomach gets upset a lot and feel bloated.

On my last trip I used Slinmax, I felt that it did help but thinking it might be better to use a probiotic instead, what do you guys think?

Piledahlaren

Piledahlaren

Awards
  • Established
Probiotics in the morning(alone) + applecidervineagar after heavy carb meals

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I typically use ACV before a higher carb meal if I can. Taking it after eating can still help settle your stomach and digest better, but it's best to be taken before.

I would experiment with probiotics to see how your body responds. I think GDA's are always good to use in these scenarios as well, but you might want to try out a probiotic and see how your respond. Were you taking 1 or 2 caps of Slinmax?

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Applecidervineagar after food, I thought before?
I drink it upon waking with my Multi+Probiotic, before my largest meal with my SlinMax and before bed with my Zinc+Mag+Chromium & Fish Oil.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have been traveling with my work a lot lately and have some more work trips coming up. I try to keep an overall pretty healthy and clean diet, when I’m home I pretty much eat the same things, but when I gone it’s only restaurants and even then I try to eat clean but my stomach gets upset a lot and feel bloated.

On my last trip I used Slinmax, I felt that it did help but thinking it might be better to use a probiotic instead, what do you guys think?
I don't really see why you need anything here. You change your diet, so you experience a bit of GI distress. That's normal.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Id go with a probiotic. I use sportbiotic in am and gut health in pm. Gut health you can find on MindandMuscle. I like alpha lipoic acid as a health supplement and it is considered a gda. ACV is a great blood sugar lowering and great for alkalizing the body

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

First off, I would suggest supplementing with digestive enzymes regardless. I especially think one should if eating a lot of calories per day. Eating a large amount of calories daily puts a lot of stress on our GI and enzymes will definitely help. You are what you absorb. Your recovery, performance, and gut will all feel and be better if your digestion is better.

Additionally, I would supplement with a GDA for those larger meals, especially if they leave you feeling bloated. I know when I use SlinMax prior to a large meal or meal with a lot of carbs, I do not feel bloated, I get a food pump, and feel like I can even eat more.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I tried ACV after years of playing with my diet due to gut issues. I haven't missed a "dose" (3X day before meals) since then. Did wonders for me. Lowered gas, made stomach comfortable, and has me wanting to ask several doctors for my money back after their idiot brains couldn't offer something as simple as this.

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
How much ACV do all y’all take? Dumb question I’m sure but do y’all dilute it in water or just toss it back? It seems like immediately before the meal is a somewhat general consensus or no?

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
A shot of ACC, so roughly 1 oz., in about 1 cup of water. I generally drink it a few min prior to eating, but I forget every now and then and throw it back after. Honestly it doesn't seem to make a difference. 3-4X a day depending on how many big meals I eat.

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
A shot of ACC, so roughly 1 oz., in about 1 cup of water. I generally drink it a few min prior to eating, but I forget every now and then and throw it back after. Honestly it doesn't seem to make a difference. 3-4X a day depending on how many big meals I eat.
Thanks man! I hope it helps me out with my IBS/IBD symptoms. Do you notice it help right away or is it gradually noticed over time? Just wondering if I should expect a noticeable effect right out of the gate lol

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My problem was not largely IBS. But I think this stuff is golden for a lot of problems...i hope it helps you out brotha! It's cheap to give it a try.

I noticed effects on day 1. Less gas and irritation and overall just more comfortable. By day 3 or 4 it was a real lifechanger and I knew I wouldn't stop. At that point I had nearly no stomach problems. Seriously 90+% decrease in gas and I didn't burp after eating at all anymore. Bloating nearly gone and it definitely helped more regular and healthy bowel movements. I take a fiber supplement too but I think the ACV has helped at least as much as that did.

It's a little rough getting down the first few days but eventually it's nothing.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 10
PolishHamm3r77 Supplements 21
Supplements 16
AdelV Supplements 8
Supplements 23