Gda confusion

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been reading multiple threads about this. Still confused on how and what I should be taking and timing. The goal is general wellness and blood sugar control. I would assume a slight body rec9mpoistion would accompany that. So far I think

Na rala
Bitter melon
Cinnamon
Alcar

Also the supplements that are gda's have a lot of stuff in them and some may not be things I want to take, like overkill.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have used several over the years. Bitter melon is a cheaper way to get this. Hi Tech puts out a decent one that is relatively cheap. Others that are good formulas are predator, RPG and evomuses version.

jt75

jt75

Awards
  • Established
I love slinmax, on my third straight bottle. I can eat huge carb filled meals without feeling bloated or sluggish and look pumped throughout the day, what's not to like?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
this is a very complex topic and there's a myriad of options... single ingredients (or a combo of a few) are always ok, but can be hard to really see big impact from or to dial doses in personally. some of the more comprehensive ones are just easier to deal with depending on your budget. SNS glycophase is one of the best cost:benefits on the market and is easy to use with carb meals or workouts. predator is more expensive but a bit more comprehensive in terms of what all is in it, but you may not need all of it to see your desired effects.

for me, glycophase makes sense for regular usage due to cost:benefit, while predator or the like are better suited for large cheat meals and blowouts to help control a really excessive situation but not for regualr use due to the cost

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I like mixing glycophase with some agmatine with 50g of carbs or so an hour preworkout. Gives me a nice full look. Very affordable, Slinmax is also a great option and they’re recently upgraded the formula. You’ll pay $10 more or so

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I like mixing glycophase with some agmatine with 50g of carbs or so an hour preworkout. Gives me a nice full look. Very affordable, Slinmax is also a great option and they’re recently upgraded the formula. You’ll pay $10 more or so
oh man, how did I forget agmatine! haha that's my daily go-to for the gda+general health. DUH!

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I love slinmax, on my third straight bottle. I can eat huge carb filled meals without feeling bloated or sluggish and look pumped throughout the day, what's not to like?
Second vote for Slinmax - solid GDA profile with quality ingredients. It also contains 750mg of agmatine, which is one of my favorite GDA ingredients as well.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For the money I think that bitter melon and agmatine have treated me very well in the past. Whatever you do, pass on gynema sylvestre bulk powder. That stuff could gag a maggot.

jt75

jt75

Awards
  • Established
Second vote for Slinmax - solid GDA profile with quality ingredients. It also contains 750mg of agmatine, which is one of my favorite GDA ingredients as well.
I ramp up my slinmax with an extra gram of agmatine for dem pumpz

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I also forgot to mention white pipes does a pretty good job as well. It is on sale right now at nutraplanet.

smithmi94

smithmi94

Awards
Agreed, slin is a great gda I️ eat them like smarties and works great. Highly recommended!

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I love slinmax
Slinmax is also a great option and they’re recently upgraded the formula.
Second vote for Slinmax.
Agreed, slin is a great gda.
Another vote for SlinMax.
I've tried dozens of GDA's/NP's over the years and SlinMax is by far the best yet. I've tested nearly all of them with the use of a glucose monitor and SlinMax has always proved true in both the physical and scientific testing.
AND
They've just upgraded and improved the formula :D :D

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Another vote for SlinMax.
I've tried dozens of GDA's/NP's over the years and SlinMax is by far the best yet. I've tested nearly all of them with the use of a glucose monitor and SlinMax has always proved true in both the physical and scientific testing.
AND
They've just upgraded and improved the formula :D :D
Sounds like slinmax with agmatine for me. Thanks

Now for dosing? What is best dosage time, with big carb meals?

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like slinmax with agmatine for me. Thanks

Now for dosing? What is best dosage time, with big carb meals?
2 caps about 20-25 minutes before higher carb meals. SlinMax should cover you for up to about 75grams

Swindler

Swindler

Awards
  • Established
I just recently started using slinmax I am very impressed with it.. seems to get a really full look from it and workouts have more intensity...

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just recently started using slinmax I am very impressed with it.. seems to get a really full look from it and workouts have more intensity...
SlinMax sends carbs to muscles.
Muscles fill with carbs.
Carbs draw in water and other nutrients.
Muscles get swole.
Man becomes powerfull.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
this is a very complex topic and there's a myriad of options... single ingredients (or a combo of a few) are always ok, but can be hard to really see big impact from or to dial doses in personally. some of the more comprehensive ones are just easier to deal with depending on your budget. SNS glycophase is one of the best cost:benefits on the market and is easy to use with carb meals or workouts. predator is more expensive but a bit more comprehensive in terms of what all is in it, but you may not need all of it to see your desired effects.

for me, glycophase makes sense for regular usage due to cost:benefit, while predator or the like are better suited for large cheat meals and blowouts to help control a really excessive situation but not for regualr use due to the cost
Yeah it's though to beat. Only thing I really use. I'll add ALA or one of its isomers with it.

I'm unorthodox. I take mine before fasted cardio, post workout and before bed. I like its ability to clear glucose without causing me to go super hypo

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I take mine before fasted cardio, post workout and before bed. I like its ability to clear glucose without causing me to go super hypo
Surely taking any type of GDA fasted and without eating shortly after would cause your blood sugar to drop/go hypo?

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Surely taking any type of GDA fasted and without eating shortly after would cause your blood sugar to drop/go hypo?
No, have you ever been truly hypo?

It'll cause a drop by clearing any circulating glucose but still not enough to stop me from doing HIIT cardio (well less than 35 total min) or even 45min Steady State. IMO, it creates a MUCH greater environment to burn fat

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Like mentioned there's so many ingredients on the market as insulin mimetics. Ive tried so, so many over the years

I stick to basic ala

Na-R-ala is very, very potent and a strong anti-oxidant.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No, have you ever been truly hypo?

It'll cause a drop by clearing any circulating glucose but still not enough to stop me from doing HIIT cardio (well less than 35 total min) or even 45min Steady State. IMO, it creates a MUCH greater environment to burn fat
I have yeah, I felt like sh*t for hours, even after I did finally get to eat.
But I suppose as with most supplements, especially in this catagory, effect everybody differently.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
absolutely 100 %

There was a product called prime by ups labs in 2008 and I took it before luchbreak, eneded up not getting my break, went hypo.

In 2011 I dosed 500 mgs na-r-ala, didnt get to eat and went hypo. The feeling is horrid, you get fainty, dizzy, cant think right, its very very uncomfortable.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
not at all. I do this all the time and have never been anywhere near hypo with any product in any amount

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
not at all. I do this all the time and have never been anywhere near hypo with any product in any amount
As I said, because these type of supplements are hormone related they're going to effect everybody differently.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have used several over the years. Bitter melon is a cheaper way to get this. Hi Tech puts out a decent one that is relatively cheap. Others that are good formulas are predator, RPG and evomuses version.
Thanks for the predator love

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tons of SlinMax love in here. I can't wait to start hearing how the upgraded treats you guys/gals.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is what I was thinking.

Try taking 5iu humalog and don't eat....NOW THATS hypo. I've felt "low blood sugar" from GDA but there's no comparison to insulin hypo

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Try taking 5iu humalog and don't eat....NOW THATS hypo. I've felt "low blood sugar" from GDA but there's no comparison to insulin hypo
I think most people feel the low blood sugar and call it hypo. I'm sure I have in the past as well. I have gotten disorintated, shaky, faint feeling. I prob called that hypo.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

totally agree... hypo is a heavily abused term haha. 99% of people have never truly been hypoglycemic... they'd have been all but hospitalized

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I've seen hypo Type I Diabetics read magazines upside down, and eat spilled cereal with milk, off of the couch.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As mentioned, SlinMax is a great all in one option and will have everything you are looking for. The new version also has chromium and cinnamon bark extract in addition to a full dose of berberine and Na-r-ala. Additionally, Nutriverse has 20% off when you add it to your cart, plus there are several BOGO deals out there a rep could help you with.

https://www.nutri-verse.com/slinmax/

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
How so? I live with two Type I's and have seen what "truely hypo" can be. (In ref to booneman77's post).
Think he meant when you go hypo you turn into an idiot haha. Not attacking you (just wording haha)

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
absolutely 100 %

There was a product called prime by ups labs in 2008 and I took it before luchbreak, eneded up not getting my break, went hypo.

In 2011 I dosed 500 mgs na-r-ala, didnt get to eat and went hypo. The feeling is horrid, you get fainty, dizzy, cant think right, its very very uncomfortable.
I have actually done the same with both. On a side note, I have ran four bottles of Prime in my life, one was just last year (I found a bottle at a thrift store for five bucks. I don't recall getting much out of any of the bottles. :(

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have actually done the same with both. On a side note, I have ran four bottles of Prime in my life, one was just last year (I found a bottle at a thrift store for five bucks. I don't recall getting much out of any of the bottles. :(
yes not fun. I dont know if I got anything out of prime and the old glycobol. I think na-r-ala has great health benefits

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 10
PolishHamm3r77 Supplements 21
Supplements 16
AdelV Supplements 8
Supplements 68