Supplements and health?

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Always wondered as ive took so many different supplements over the years.

Can they cause any health problems? Ie damage your liver or kidneys? Say if your using a pre workout on and off and other supplements mixed in thier that have to pass the liver and kidneys will they cause damage?. I mind the OG Craze would leave my heart rate at 120bpm at total rest in bed! Thats amphetamine territory. I know DMAA DMHA etc are similarly structured to amphetamines so do they cause the same form of damage?

I do bloodwork and i have seen my kidneys not working as efficient as they should be (Sodium levels in my blood) supplements must stress them?

I still continue to use them but if anything did appear health wise a wouldnt hesitate in stopping.

I do take organ health supplements just as an aid ie NAC, Milk Thistle etc I try not drink very often either. Only special occasions.

Whats your thoughts?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think they do put stress on your organs but that's why you take breaks and take the proper vitamins and minerals to help offset the effects.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Can they cause any health problems? Ie damage your liver or kidneys? Say if your using a pre workout on and off and other supplements mixed in thier that have to pass the liver and kidneys will they cause damage?. I mind the OG Craze would leave my heart rate at 120bpm at total rest in bed! Thats amphetamine territory. I know DMAA DMHA etc are similarly structured to amphetamines so do they cause the same form of damage?

I do bloodwork and i have seen my kidneys not working as efficient as they should be (Sodium levels in my blood) supplements must stress them?

I still continue to use them but if anything did appear health wise a wouldnt hesitate in stopping.

I do take organ health supplements just as an aid ie NAC, Milk Thistle etc I try not drink very often either. Only special occasions.

Whats your thoughts?
EKG test will show what type of health your heart is in if you're worried.

My blood test have been showing close to kidney failure, lol, a few times but according to my Dr it doesn't need to be that bad, you can show high levels if you take creatine regularly and are muscular.

Overuse of anything is not good but in moderation I think you should be fine with most OTC supplements.

dpopovici

dpopovici

Awards
Just make sure the products you are taking have phytonutrients (extract from plants ) and organic

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Just make sure the products you are taking have phytonutrients (extract from plants ) and organic
What?

Over time anything you do and eat will effect your body and organs. Supplements can because your has to metabolize them and the then use them. Coffee, caffeine and many of the foods we eat are doing the same. The key is moderation and knowing your body. One doctor stated my BP is high because of supps. A cardiologist looked further and found its just my body and my BP without meds is very high. 180/145. That's how my body runs and on meds its normal. Supplements didn't change that its genetics.

dpopovici

dpopovici

Awards
What?

Over time anything you do and eat will effect your body and organs. Supplements can because your has to metabolize them and the then use them. Coffee, caffeine and many of the foods we eat are doing the same. The key is moderation and knowing your body. One doctor stated my BP is high because of supps. A cardiologist looked further and found its just my body and my BP without meds is very high. 180/145. That's how my body runs and on meds its normal. Supplements didn't change that its genetics.
It's always the type of supplements, if you can supplement with organic food your body will be processing everything without a problem. It's the processed ,synthetic nutrients that interferes with your normal cycle

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Whats your thoughts?
It really depends what you're using - personally I've made the decision to avoid anything with significant risk of side effects and I opt to go with more "time tested" and safe supplements now that I'm getting a little older. Keeping an eye on your blood tests/BP can help but who knows.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It's always the type of supplements, if you can supplement with organic food your body will be processing everything without a problem. It's the processed ,synthetic nutrients that interferes with your normal cycle
Organic foods I get. Processed foods are horrible for us. Organic vitamins are really nothing special. Over priced for what your getting, usually nothing more than basic panel and I have not seen a study that says organic vitamins are better in any way.