What SUPPLEMENTS are a MUST for overall Health and Muscle Benefits?

pertonnn

Awards
Yes, I know diet is essential. But I'm looking for popular or maybe not-so-popular supplements that can be very beneficial.

So far, this is the list I have:
Multivitamins, Creatine, whey protein, Beta-alanine, Greens, amino acids, omega three, and a pre-workout supplement.

I'm unsure about these 2: Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) and Citrulline malate. Are they worth it?

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Health
Curcumin C3
d3
coq10

im also starting to appreciate s7 more and more

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@sns8778 is coming out with a great line up of much need Health & Longevity Products, we all want to be Bigger & Stronger, but we need to be Healthy Also !!

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
@sns8778 is coming out with a great line up of much need Health & Longevity Products, we all want to be Bigger & Stronger, but we need to be Healthy Also !!
agree .. as much as i love anabolic XT, anabolic effect and phosphatic .. these health supplements are my #1 priority .. cant wait for prostate support .. currently Elite Curcumin + KidneyXT + Cardio XT has been my staple and loving my workouts and overall health feeling good on it

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I love my ZMA for my immune system !
I love ZMA XT myself. I'm surprised how many people overlook ZMA now days; great for immune system, restful sleep, and so much more.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yes, I know diet is essential. But I'm looking for popular or maybe not-so-popular supplements that can be very beneficial.

So far, this is the list I have:
Multivitamins, Creatine, whey protein, Beta-alanine, Greens, amino acids, omega three, and a pre-workout supplement.

I'm unsure about these 2: Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) and Citrulline malate. Are they worth it?
There are a lot of beneficial supplements on the market.

Finding the best ones for your own individual regimen really depends on what your goals are and on what type of general health and condition specific aspects that you feel like you need to cover.

For me personally, I use quite a few different things for specific purposes, but the heart of my general health regimen is based around several formulation products to cover a lot of the major categories and needs - Joint Support XT, Cardiovascular Support XT, Blood Pressure Support XT, & Kidney Assist XT, are big ones for me because they cover so many aspects.

I also take CEL TUDCA and SNS L-Ornithine L-Aspartate, which I feel is one of the most overlooked supplements/ingredients on the market because it helps with so many different things.

To answer your questions about CLA and Citrulline Malate:
- I take 3 softgels of CLA Xtreme every day. There are some that like to hate on CLA, but that's because some companies hyped it and created unrealistic expectations from it, which is no fault of the ingredient. The ingredient itself is good for supporting fat loss and for quite a few general health purposes.
- I am a big fan of Citrulline Malate. Here on AM, a lot of people say to use L-Citrulline instead of Citrulline Malate, but that's because they are talking about it strictly for pumps. I much prefer Citrulline Malate, but that's because I use it daily for endurance and overall health benefits.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I love ZMA XT myself. I'm surprised how many people overlook ZMA now days; great for immune system, restful sleep, and so much more.
I don't get Colds and I truly believe it's because I take ZMA Everyday !!

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you get a good pre-workout, you shouldn't have to buy Citrulline Malate separately. It should include 1-3 ingredients that aid in blood flow, pumps, and endurance. I normally have Citrulline, Agmatine, Betaine and Taurine on hand since I bargain hunt for pre-workouts and add them in if they are not included.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If you get a good pre-workout, you shouldn't have to buy Citrulline Malate separately. It should include 1-3 ingredients that aid in blood flow, pumps, and endurance. I normally have Citrulline, Agmatine, Betaine and Taurine on hand since I bargain hunt for pre-workouts and add them in if they are not included.
I hope you don't mind, but I wanted to add on to your post to clarify on one misconception that is pretty common here on AM about Citrulline Malate vs. Citrulline.

If one is looking for the pump benefits, then taking either is fine, because you're getting Citrulline in L-Citrulline and in Citrulline Malate.

But, if one is looking for the actual endurance benefits from Citrulline Malate, the studies on that were based on daily use and the malic acid is very important for that benefit, not just the Citrulline.

Here on AM, and some other places, some people will say that L-Citrulline should be used instead of Citrulline Malate, and that it only needs to be used on workout days - but that is for a completely different benefit - and I think that a lot of times, people that are just starting to learn about supplements (and sometimes even people that are very knowledgeable about them) get confused on this subject, which is why I like to clarify it.

Here is a good example - I would like to think/hope that most would consider me fairly knowledgeable about supplements, and I'm very specific about what I will use personally, and I use Citrulline Malate every day. On training days, I take 1 scoop (3 grams) in with my creatine and an additional 3 grams in with my EAA's. On non-workout days, I take at least 3 grams per day in with my creatine. I try for 6 grams per day even on off days, but admit I forget the second dose a lot on the weekends.

^^^ I want to point out that I am not using Citrulline Malate for pumps, any pump benefits is just an added bonus for me, I use it because it helps with endurance, especially later on in workouts. This is hugely beneficial for me because I train fairly heavy weights, 12+ sets per body part, and minimal rest between sets; so anything that helps my strength carry over into later in the workouts is a huge plus for me.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I hope you don't mind, but I wanted to add on to your post to clarify on one misconception that is pretty common here on AM about Citrulline Malate vs. Citrulline.

If one is looking for the pump benefits, then taking either is fine, because you're getting Citrulline in L-Citrulline and in Citrulline Malate.

But, if one is looking for the actual endurance benefits from Citrulline Malate, the studies on that were based on daily use and the malic acid is very important for that benefit, not just the Citrulline.

Here on AM, and some other places, some people will say that L-Citrulline should be used instead of Citrulline Malate, and that it only needs to be used on workout days - but that is for a completely different benefit - and I think that a lot of times, people that are just starting to learn about supplements (and sometimes even people that are very knowledgeable about them) get confused on this subject, which is why I like to clarify it.

Here is a good example - I would like to think/hope that most would consider me fairly knowledgeable about supplements, and I'm very specific about what I will use personally, and I use Citrulline Malate every day. On training days, I take 1 scoop (3 grams) in with my creatine and an additional 3 grams in with my EAA's. On non-workout days, I take at least 3 grams per day in with my creatine. I try for 6 grams per day even on off days, but admit I forget the second dose a lot on the weekends.

^^^ I want to point out that I am not using Citrulline Malate for pumps, any pump benefits is just an added bonus for me, I use it because it helps with endurance, especially later on in workouts. This is hugely beneficial for me because I train fairly heavy weights, 12+ sets per body part, and minimal rest between sets; so anything that helps my strength carry over into later in the workouts is a huge plus for me.
Great Information !!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

@sns8778 What products from your line up all ready have this in there ? and at what dose ?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@sns8778 What products from your line up all ready have this in there ? and at what dose ?
We sell a straight Citrulline Malate powder.

The effective dose is 3 to 6 grams per day.

It's really weird because for some reason over time, people started pushing the narrative on here that L-Citrulline was better than Citrulline Malate, which is not true at all when it comes to most of the benefits of Citrulline Malate. L-Citrulline is the component in Citrulline Malate that works for pumps, but the endurance benefits come from both the citrulline and the malic acid, and come from using them daily.

Also, Citrulline Malate can be very useful for people with chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia, and L-Citrulline isn't.

I'm not saying that L-Citrulline itself isn't good for pumps because it is (we use it in Pump Addict Ultra Hardcore); but for people to say that it is 'better' than Citrulline Malate is false because daily use Citrulline Malate is for a completely different result.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

It's really weird because for some reason over time, people started pushing the narrative on here that L-Citrulline was better than Citrulline Malate, which is not true at all when it comes to most of the benefits of Citrulline Malate. L-Citrulline is the component in Citrulline Malate that works for pumps, but the endurance benefits come from both the citrulline and the malic acid, and come from using them daily.

Also, Citrulline Malate can be very useful for people with chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia, and L-Citrulline isn't.

I'm not saying that L-Citrulline itself isn't good for pumps because it is (we use it in Pump Addict Ultra Hardcore); but for people to say that it is 'better' than Citrulline Malate is false because daily use Citrulline Malate is for a completely different result.
Thank you!

khall1974

khall1974

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I fell prey to this as well. I make my own pre-workout and was a diehard malate fan until all the BS info came out. Glad you encouraged my perspective. Great info

James496

Awards
Personally speaking, Follidrone for me has been a good supplement. More specifically, it's composition I find quite interesting. Ecklonia Cava has shown itself to be very interesting with many potential health benefits, of course that can also be brought by itself. Like always some may have used it & seen no benefits, but for me it I think it shouts out good support for cardiovascular if you don't want to hand pick stuff.

Supplements that help manage Cortisol are also worth while. Cortisol is muscle gains nightmare. Phosphatidylserine, Tulsi (Holy Basil), I swear by. Holy Basil has many health benefits including stress / anxiety management. I consume mine in tea format. Chamomile is also a good stress reliever. Love or hate it Ashwaghanda has gained attention all across the map.

Basically any supplement or compound that targets stress & cortisol, improves cardiovascular health, has the potential to promote better wellness, thus gains in strength & muscle.

Reactions: oli
ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
SNS Stress & Anxiety (I only need 1 cap in the morning and an occasional cap in the afternoon).

SNS joint Support XT/Cissus XT.

Magnesium at 400mg pre-bed.

James496

Awards
SNS Stress & Anxiety (I only need 1 cap in the morning and an occasional cap in the afternoon).

SNS joint Support XT/Cissus XT.

Magnesium at 400mg pre-bed.
Yeah that's a good one (SNS Stress & Anxiety) tried & like it, Magnesium too 👍🏻

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Don't want to get too off track and I don't know the specifics anymore (or care a ton I guess), but I feel like some companies took the issue of how some were labeling their Citrulline Malate 2:1 Citrulline to Malic acid and then when it was found that wasn't always the case (closer to 1:1) people just started using straight Citrulline. I don't know how much of that was marketing, issues with raw materials, or just usual supplement nonsense.

Unsure when it even started too, its been so long, but this study noted it as a potential issue for why sometimes things weren't panning out, you could think you were getting X amount of Citrulline but were actually getting less.

FWIW I need to just grab some more CM from SNS anyways.

EpiStrong

EpiStrong

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Nac i take everyday for the last 10 plus years. Astragalus a recent one I've taken for the last two.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have gone as far as having extensive blood work done, this is the Only Way you really can know what you are deficient in!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I fell prey to this as well. I make my own pre-workout and was a diehard malate fan until all the BS info came out. Glad you encouraged my perspective. Great info
You're very welcome.

This is the type of thing that I love helping people with and discussing.

There are so many misconceptions on things now days, and some really great ingredients are spoken badly about because of agendas being pushed, misunderstandings, or misconceptions. People get so caught up in the pump aspects of L-Citrulline, that it's like they lost sight the other benefits that can come along with Citrulline Malate - which is not just about Citrulline, but about Malic Acid as well, as well as the additional benefits of them together. L-Citrulline is great for pumps, and fine in pre-workouts that are focus on pumps; but Citrulline Malate is better for performance, endurance, and recovery.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Don't want to get too off track and I don't know the specifics anymore (or care a ton I guess), but I feel like some companies took the issue of how some were labeling their Citrulline Malate 2:1 Citrulline to Malic acid and then when it was found that wasn't always the case (closer to 1:1) people just started using straight Citrulline. I don't know how much of that was marketing, issues with raw materials, or just usual supplement nonsense.

Unsure when it even started too, its been so long, but this study noted it as a potential issue for why sometimes things weren't panning out, you could think you were getting X amount of Citrulline but were actually getting less.

FWIW I need to just grab some more CM from SNS anyways.
The misinformation was intentional and was related to several different things.

At one time, Citrulline Malate was more expensive than L-Citrulline and quality raw materials were more unlikely to be available at times. So, by pushing the agenda that L-Citrulline was better, it allowed companies to save money, get it more consistently, and also a marketing tool to market against their competitors and say they had a 'better' form - when really what they had was a separate ingredient that really shouldn't have even been compared.

What I mean by that is that a person could easily still benefit from using L-Citrulline in their pre-workout for pumps if that's all they're looking for, but then supplement daily with Citrulline Malate to get the other endurance, performance, and recovery benefits from it.

Then, there was the issue that I think you're referring to where some brands were claiming 2:1 when they were really selling 1:1, but the problem went deeper than that, because a lot of brands were claiming to be selling Citrulline Malate when they were just selling Citrulline and Malic Acid together, rather than the bonded Citrulline Malate type to begin with. The reason they were doing that was because at one time, it was cheaper to buy the raw materials separately for Citrulline and Malic Acid than to buy the bonded material.

As with most things, the misinformation really came down to marketing and money.

I hope that makes sense.

And for those reading, I have no incentive in this one way or the other - we sell Citrulline Malate as a powder form for people that want to use it, and then we use L-Citrulline in pre-workout pump products - because those are the best uses for each respective ingredient.

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Some of the absolute best available. A must have for overall health, especially if taking AAS, peptides etc or eating a sh*ty diet. View attachment 233893
I just wanted to share a quick follow-up on these supplements....so the reason why I started taking them is because I've been eating a little crappy for a few weeks plus I got really messed up from all that smoke from Canada ....I just felt toxic if that makes sense for a couple of weeks it was absolutely horrible. (Think DNP feeling).

Well after 2 weeks of taking these supps from SNS (I forgot to show the SNS Cardiovascular Support supplement I take as well) I actually feel "clean" or normal or whatever you want to call it... I don't feel toxic anymore ...what I mean by toxic, almost like you've been drinking alcohol for two or three weeks or taking DNP, you just feel like a sick unhealthy degenerate and now I actually feel really well and I know these supplements are the key to that.

I can't stress the importance of stuff like this whether you're on cycle or eating crap or just sick in general... I know everybody wants creatine and pre workouts and sarms etc and all the other muscle building things but if you can't get your insides healthy you're insides and outside you're only going to eventually fall apart.

Thanks to @sns8778 for formulating such epic products.

kelechi

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Unless you’re growing your own food organically and getting farm raised meats, then supplements are a must.
I know this is a supplement forum but supplements are not a must unless you have a specific deficiency. It's a myth that you can't get your nutrition from non organic sources. A large part of the draw is convenience. Most don't have the time or inclination to source and put together nutritional meals. Heck, the clue is in the name: supplements, not essentials!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I know this is a supplement forum but supplements are not a must unless you have a specific deficiency. It's a myth that you can't get your nutrition from non organic sources. A large part of the draw is convenience. Most don't have the time or inclination to source and put together nutritional meals. Heck, the clue is in the name: supplements, not essentials!
I think what he meant in context is that being that this is a supplement forum, and the person asked what supplements are a must - that they were asking what supplements people that take and like supplements consider a must.

I understand your point that people don't have to take supplements to live, therefore they aren't a must. But along those lines, working out isn't a must to begin with - there are many people that don't. But just as working out can improve health and quality of life, supplements can improve health, quality of life, and results from working out.

Plus, from a supplement perspective - yes, people could in theory, although would be almost impossible in reality, eat well enough to offset nutritional deficiencies in terms of vitamins and minerals, and maybe even get a few herbs in, but it would be impossible to eat in such a way to get in many things that are useful for both health and performance results.

Take me for example - workout supplements aside, some things for general health and condition specific purposes that have made a huge difference in my life and that I use regularly:
- Blood Pressure Support XT - has helped my blood pressure tremendously, to the point where I was able to come off of a prescription medication for blood pressure. Literally every male in my family has been in prescription medicine for BP and no matter how good my diet is and has been, I've always had blood pressure issues - even when I was younger, more active, and ate super clean. It would be impossible for me to consume AmealPeptide, MegaNatural BP, and several of the other ingredients in Blood Pressure Support XT through food.
- Algal Oil for my EPA/DHA - I don't eat fish and fish upsets my stomach. Fish oil capsules make me nauseous; therefore I get my EPA/DHA through Algal oil - there is no way I could do that through diet.

I could keep on going, but those are just two great off the top of my head examples.

I understand what you're saying, but I understand what he is saying too - I'm just trying to add perspective here and to try to avoid any conflict in this thread.

(Not sure if you know, but in the last 2 weeks, there's been quite a bit of conflict here on AM and things that seemed they should have been basic conversations getting out of control and escalating bigtime).

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@DieselNY I have been switching a lot of my focus from Bodybuilding Supplement to health and longevity (From @sns8778 ) also. I think we all need to concentrate on better health as we get older !!

kelechi

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I think what he meant in context is that being that this is a supplement forum, and the person asked what supplements are a must - that they were asking what supplements people that take and like supplements consider a must.

I understand your point that people don't have to take supplements to live, therefore they aren't a must. But along those lines, working out isn't a must to begin with - there are many people that don't. But just as working out can improve health and quality of life, supplements can improve health, quality of life, and results from working out.

Plus, from a supplement perspective - yes, people could in theory, although would be almost impossible in reality, eat well enough to offset nutritional deficiencies in terms of vitamins and minerals, and maybe even get a few herbs in, but it would be impossible to eat in such a way to get in many things that are useful for both health and performance results.

Take me for example - workout supplements aside, some things for general health and condition specific purposes that have made a huge difference in my life and that I use regularly:
- Blood Pressure Support XT - has helped my blood pressure tremendously, to the point where I was able to come off of a prescription medication for blood pressure. Literally every male in my family has been in prescription medicine for BP and no matter how good my diet is and has been, I've always had blood pressure issues - even when I was younger, more active, and ate super clean. It would be impossible for me to consume AmealPeptide, MegaNatural BP, and several of the other ingredients in Blood Pressure Support XT through food.
- Algal Oil for my EPA/DHA - I don't eat fish and fish upsets my stomach. Fish oil capsules make me nauseous; therefore I get my EPA/DHA through Algal oil - there is no way I could do that through diet.

I could keep on going, but those are just two great off the top of my head examples.

I understand what you're saying, but I understand what he is saying too - I'm just trying to add perspective here and to try to avoid any conflict in this thread.

(Not sure if you know, but in the last 2 weeks, there's been quite a bit of conflict here on AM and things that seemed they should have been basic conversations getting out of control and escalating bigtime).
In a free world everyone's entitled to put across their own differing perspectives and opinions across. Not sure why this should potentially lead to conflict?

If you lead a crappy lifestyle and eat crappy food no amount of supplements will fix this. Get the mundane foundations and basics nailed down: sleep, exercise and diet, cut down / out on alcohol and get regular healthchecks and bloodtests to know where your body is at. These are the 'musts'. Then you can supplement as required

I'm as guilty as any of grasping at the latest trends and promising supplements. That's just human nature. A good lifestyle is not easy to achieve but it trumps supplementation hands down.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Some people just like to argue and other's think they are the smartest person in the room. Me I have my opinions and I fell you should be able to have yours

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
In a free world everyone's entitled to put across their own differing perspectives and opinions across. Not sure why this should potentially lead to conflict?

If you lead a crappy lifestyle and eat crappy food no amount of supplements will fix this. Get the mundane foundations and basics nailed down: sleep, exercise and diet, cut down / out on alcohol and get regular healthchecks and bloodtests to know where your body is at. These are the 'musts'. Then you can supplement as required

I'm as guilty as any of grasping at the latest trends and promising supplements. That's just human nature. A good lifestyle is not easy to achieve but it trumps supplementation hands down.
That was kind of my point - that you and he were both just expressing opinions.

You had seemed to take his negatively, and I was just trying to provide context for the way I took him to mean it. And was really just trying to help bc in the past week and a half, there has been a lot of arguing on here and this place has lost more of the few good members that it had left. And I like you and I like him, so was just trying to provide context and hoping this thread wouldn't wind up as a conflict. That's all - completely good intentions.

As for your second paragraph, all of those things would be great - but you and I both know that 99% of the population are not going to do all of those things, yet they can still benefit from supplements.

I mean honestly, if you consider getting sleep nailed down a must, then I may as well give up and go back to eating pizza and sweets all the time - because I'm in pain every moment of every day since the accident and every time I roll over in my sleep, it wakes me up + I don't sleep nearly enough hours in a night bc of lack of time too. And even less now that I started back working out bc I wind up working out at night after I get off so I go to sleep even later now that I was before. And in my case, I use Api-Plex to help me with sleep quality - I'm not going to have the time to get enough sleep regardless, but I feel that it helps improve the quality of the sleep that I do get.

I told someone on here just yesterday that the reason I don't often post about my diet on here is because there's the crowd that always chimes in about how I need to get in more protein through whole food than through shakes - but the reality is that I am a picky eater, have food allergies, and shakes are just simpler and I will absolutely not get in enough protein if I try to do it through food sources. And in years past when I would try to, I would wind up missing meals and always coming up short - so this time around for me, I'm doing what I did when I used to be in the best shape of my life when I was younger and that's getting most of my nutrition from shakes bc its easier to control and not miss meals/shakes that way.

In a perfect world, we would all get things perfect before using supplements - but very, very few of us are realistically going to do that - and supplements can still be extremely beneficial to helping people reach their health and fitness goals, even when other things aren't perfect.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm a lover not a fighter!

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
First off I’m not being confrontational. I was just stating a fact based on a 2004 study done in the US found that in most garden crops the nutrients have dropped 38% since the middle of the 20th century.

bkprice

bkprice

Awards
  • Established
Depending age, over 35-40 I would take GlyNac. Any age I would add a minimum of 1G of Taurine, 100 to 200 mg of luteolin daily. Benfotiamine 300 mg a long with other Vitamin Bs daily.

Look into Irish Sea Moss, Sea Buckthorn, Spermidine, me3 probiotic

kelechi

Awards
  • First Up Vote
First off I’m not being confrontational. I was just stating a fact based on a 2004 study done in the US found that in most garden crops the nutrients have dropped 38% since the middle of the 20th century.
Im aware of that study but i believe the decline was related to 6 specific nutrients and in a range from 6% for protein to 38% for riboflavin and not 38% across the board. In seven nutrients no change was found. The recommendation in another study I've seen is to eat a broad spectrum diet to balance out any nutrient deficiencies. You made a sweeping statement to prove a point. I come back to my point: supplements are not a must have for overall health and building muscle if you take the time to plan and prepare your meals in the right quantities for the best nutritious value And it doesn't have to be organic. The exceptions being if
you have a specific deficiency that can't be addressed through dietary intake alone, for example vegetarians potentially

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I will just keep doing what I am doing. It has worked for 40 years!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Im aware of that study but i believe the decline was related to 6 specific nutrients and in a range from 6% for protein to 38% for riboflavin and not 38% across the board. In seven nutrients no change was found. The recommendation in another study I've seen is to eat a broad spectrum diet to balance out any nutrient deficiencies. You made a sweeping statement to prove a point. I come back to my point: supplements are not a must have for overall health and building muscle if you take the time to plan and prepare your meals in the right quantities for the best nutritious value And it doesn't have to be organic. The exceptions being if
you have a specific deficiency that can't be addressed through dietary intake alone, for example vegetarians potentially
If you think you can get all the nutrients you need with store bought food you go right ahead and keep doing you.