Adding DAA and forskolin

01tj

Awards
I have been thinking about adding some supplements to help get back on track. I'm 38 so I'm sure my test levels could use a boost and I have some left over DAA powder. I've also read good things about forskolin and I think I may add those to my existing supplements. My regular supplements include a preworkout and creatine on days I lift, daily, fish oil, vitamin B and D, and ZMA. Does this look good? Anything counteract or not work well together?

TSMilliner

Awards
Forskolin is good stuff, I would first suggest buying a multi ingredient test booster such as Alphamax XT (which has Forskolin in it) CEL M-Test (which I really like since it has Fadogia) , or one of the many others recommended on this forum that users have tested with good results. You will get more for your money than a single ingredient, at least for test boosting. Best bet is to find a couple different ones you like and cycle between them so your body doesn't adapt which can lessen the effects. At 38 if you have never taken one of these before, I think you will be shocked and quite pleased at just how much better you feel overall.

I like DAA but you will find some folks that don't. I like it because it does help with Libido (at least for me) and I think that it has other hormonal benefits if cycled properly. Go on examine.com and do a search for it and you can read up.

The rest of your supps look good to me, would ask why not take creatine daily?

01tj

Awards
Forskolin is good stuff, I would first suggest buying a multi ingredient test booster such as Alphamax XT (which has Forskolin in it) CEL M-Test (which I really like since it has Fadogia) , or one of the many others recommended on this forum that users have tested with good results. You will get more for your money than a single ingredient, at least for test boosting. Best bet is to find a couple different ones you like and cycle between them so your body doesn't adapt which can lessen the effects. At 38 if you have never taken one of these before, I think you will be shocked and quite pleased at just how much better you feel overall.

I like DAA but you will find some folks that don't. I like it because it does help with Libido (at least for me) and I think that it has other hormonal benefits if cycled properly. Go on examine.com and do a search for it and you can read up.

The rest of your supps look good to me, would ask why not take creatine daily?
I already have the DAA left over for some reason but have never tried Forskolin. I planned on just finishing what I have out and adding the Forskolin to it. I read that DAA mixed with ginger and honey seem to work well for some reason which I may try because I have the unflavored bulk stuff.

TSMilliner

Awards
I already have the DAA left over for some reason but have never tried Forskolin. I planned on just finishing what I have out and adding the Forskolin to it. I read that DAA mixed with ginger and honey seem to work well for some reason which I may try because I have the unflavored bulk stuff.
That would probably be a nice little stack and work well. Ginger is great for soo many things cannot ever go wrong taking it, even has ED benefits which you probably don't need yet, but can never hurt LOL.

Don't hesitate to try one of the test Booster mixes though, either of those mentioned would go nicely with the DAA, and I believe that Alphamax XT has Forskolin already in the mix... I think it also has most of the vitamins and minerals you are already taking, so it may save you money overall.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Forskolin would be a great addition. DAA, not so much unless you have low test levels.

Forskolin increases metabolism, burns fat, breaks down triglycerides, and increases lean-body mass
The thyroid stimulating strength of forskolin has been compared to TSH (thyrotropin). Thyroid hormone levels are important for leanness.
Forskolin has increased total testosterone by 16% in male subjects during a 12-week trial.
https://www.t-nation.com/supplements/burn-fat-pile-on-muscle-with-forskolin

Fat Mass:  The colforsin group lost 4.52 kilograms (9,94 pounds) of fat, plus or minus 5.74 kilograms, while the placebo group lost only 0.51 kilograms (1.12 pounds), plus or minus 1.91 kilograms.
Lean Body Mass:  The colforsin group gained 3.71 kilograms of lean body mass (8.162 pounds), plus or minus 4.07 kilograms, while the placebo group gained 1.57 kilograms (3.45 pounds), plus or minus 2.56 kilograms.
Testosterone:  The Testosterone of the colforsin group rose 33.7 percent, while it decreased 18.35 percent in the placebo group.
https://www.t-nation.com/supplements/dont-kill-the-messenger

The total body weight of a mixed group of men and women in a 12-week study decreased from 74.7 kilograms to 73.5 kilograms while experiencing increases in lean body mass (without weight training).
https://www.t-nation.com/supplements/tip-the-t-boosting-capsule-you-need-to-take

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16129715

https://legionathletics.com/forskolin/

http://www.infinitelabs.com/forskolin-reviews/

As mentioned AlphaMax XT contains a full dose of forskolin.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I would probably go with forskolin and if you want to add something, look into Ashwaganda(or KSM-66), LJ100, or shilajit instead of DAA. My preference leaning more towards LJ100 or KSM-66.

It is my belief based on the data on concerning DAA, Na-DAA has a very specific population that you may not fall into being a healthy 38yoM. It appears that during times of gonadal hypofunction that Na-DAA works best. Studies indicate it works best in either infertile men or sedentary men who have lower then normal test levels. I would not recommend it to active, non-sedentary, non-suppressed athlete, this is supported by studies using healthy active men (it did not have the same effect).

The only time Ive seen Na-DAA work well for individuals is coming off a cycle or with severe stress induced Low T levels. 3.12g combined with some AI's worked for a nice natural short term boost before transitioning to longer term options.

Forskolin and KSM-66 is cheap and effective. Im personally enjoying LJ100 and KSM-66 at the moment.