9-MBC

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last
  1. 9-MBC

I've seen that Predator has a new nootropic out that they are saying is a dopaminergic called 9-MBC (9-methyl beta-carboline)

Does anyone here have any experience of this or can shed some light on how it might work for someone looking to enhance dopamine output consistently (both DA 1 and DA 2 receptors)?

2. We can ask the manufacturer to help here, it is unlikely we think that anyone on here will have experience with 9-MBC.
    Predator Nutrition - Exclusive Supplements
    Worldwide shipping - Exclusive Products - Loyalty Scheme - Free Gifts

Visit PredatorNutrition.com
    •   

3. Curious with 9-MBC as well. Hope the manufacturer would chime in.

4. Some quick research shows that this is active at benzodiazepine receptor sites. I don't think the structure implies DA activity but will defer to someone with greater knowledge than I to confirm.

Hopefully the mfr will have more info.

5. We have asked the manufacturer and leaving aside the studies they have sent us (not sure we can post pdf's here), this is their response on dopamine receptors.

"9-methyl beta carboline elevates dopamine levels by stimulating dopaminergic neurons. It stimulates hippocampal dopamine levels preferentially, so may particularly improve memory-related tasks. 9-MBC also protects those neurons, and can even regenerate them in certain circumstances. 9-MBC is therefore best characterized as a neuroprotective, neurorestorative and dopaminergic nootropic.

It doesn't interact with dopamine receptors directly; or, if it does so, it's to very limited extent."
    Predator Nutrition - Exclusive Supplements
    Worldwide shipping - Exclusive Products - Loyalty Scheme - Free Gifts

Visit PredatorNutrition.com
    •   

6. This thing could be very unique if it can influence both pathways in some shape or form. Hopefully they clear you to post the studies!

For some really fun food for thought, if it stimulates DA activity, could this be a possible middle ground in prolactin control potency? For example, fitting between something like Inhibit-P and pharms like pramipexole and cabergoline. That's strictly a postulation and is not based on any direct research I've read or heard of.

7. Quote Originally Posted by saywutrly View Post
    This thing could be very unique if it can influence both pathways in some shape or form. Hopefully they clear you to post the studies!

For some really fun food for thought, if it stimulates DA activity, could this be a possible middle ground in prolactin control potency? For example, fitting between something like Inhibit-P and pharms like pramipexole and cabergoline. That's strictly a postulation and is not based on any direct research I've read or heard of.
    I'd be interested in seeing those studies as well but why would dopamine influence prolactin and why would that be of concern unless it's trying to combat gyno?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Supercellular View Post
    I'd be interested in seeing those studies as well but why would dopamine influence prolactin and why would that be of concern unless it's trying to combat gyno?
    This is the action by which all standard prolactin control measures function. Pramipexole and cabergoline are both dopamine agonists.

And, yes, prolactin control is important for some of us to prevent tits from popping up where they don't otherwise belong. There are additional ill effects from high prolactin as well. It doesn't present itself with every hormone one can take, but it can be necessary for several of the most effective.

9. Quote Originally Posted by The_Old_Guy View Post
    That's what I did. I saw the study asserting DA activity, I just said that it didn't structurally resemble any DA-active compounds of which I was aware. It's a very nifty compound on paper for sure. Reddit also has some great reviews on it.

10. gonna assume this isn't found in nature and isn't DSHEA compliant?
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative Manager

11. Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    gonna assume this isn't found in nature and isn't DSHEA compliant?
    Since it's a predator exclusive I doubt they care.
    *strong supplement shop rep*

Find the latest supplements at the best prices at strongsupplementshop.com

12. Quote Originally Posted by Afi140 View Post
    Since it's a predator exclusive I doubt they care.
    yea I'm not saying anyone in the UK should care, I just meant for odds of seeing it in the US market

13. Subbed
    OLYMPUS LABS/OLYMPUS UK REP
    Use JEBROOK30 for 30% off at http://olympusuk.com/
    E-mail product questions to [email protected]

14. Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    gonna assume this isn't found in nature and isn't DSHEA compliant?
    The Wikipedia article states several natural sources - best one from (I assume) a Syrian Plant (that might be pricey to obtain at the current moment - LOL!)

15. Quote Originally Posted by The_Old_Guy View Post
    The Wikipedia article states several natural sources - best one from (I assume) a Syrian Plant (that might be pricey to obtain at the current moment - LOL!)
    that articles lists beta-carbolines as naturally occuring, but not the 9-methyl variant

16. Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    that articles lists beta-carbolines as naturally occuring, but not the 9-methyl variant
    Yea, not a Chemist, so good call if correct. Is anything xMethylx natural?

17. Quote Originally Posted by The_Old_Guy View Post
    Caffeine is tri methylated

18. Quote Originally Posted by The_Old_Guy View Post
    plenty of methyls found in nature:

Hell, caffeine is packing tri-methyl potency

19. Quote Originally Posted by rtmilburn View Post
    Caffeine is tri methylated
    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    plenty of methyls found in nature:

Hell, caffeine is packing tri-methyl potency
    dammit. youre too fast

20. Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    dammit. youre too fast
    Haha by milliseconds

21. Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    dammit. youre too fast
    His old lady says the same thing
    It's Bea, fcker. Bea Mother****ing Arthur. Dammit........lol

Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

22. Quote Originally Posted by ryane87 View Post
    His old lady says the same thing
    Not what you were talking me last night when you begging for it!!!

23. Quote Originally Posted by rtmilburn View Post
    Not what you were talking me last night when you begging for it!!!
    Begging is a strong word...
    It's Bea, fcker. Bea Mother****ing Arthur. Dammit........lol

Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

24. Quote Originally Posted by ryane87 View Post
    Begging is a strong word...
    Ouch that hurts​
  •