Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Two gold threads on front page. Loving this haha.

This appears to me to be a case of 'shutter island syndrome' whereby his neurologist who appears to be feeding his ego is actually his psychologist in a mental ward.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Two gold threads on front page. Loving this haha.

This appears to me to be a case of 'shutter island syndrome' whereby his neurologist who appears to be feeding his ego is actually his psychologist in a mental ward.
Or, if, as he says, reality is subjective, I️ say that there is no neurologist, and that’s he is merely a manifestation of his perceived reality, and that you and I️ have no need to acknowledge the existence of this hypothetical neurologist.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm here to take notes...

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
^Haha.

I do feel like there could have been some decent discussion ITT, but the constant appeals to authority and ego stroking without any real citable evidence makes that hard

redman24

redman24

Banned
Awards
  • Established
funny what an amount of responses can be triggered by someone completely irrelevant. that is what could be called conditioned response patterns.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
funny what an amount of responses can be triggered by someone completely irrelevant. that is what could be called conditioned response patterns.
Does your a** ever get jealous of the sh** that comes out of your mouth?

redman24

redman24

Banned
Awards
  • Established
just imagine i opened a thread stating aas were not proteinanabolic :*

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
''"
Your dopamine levels are probably too high. I would cut back on what you're taking. Look into CBD, Oxytocin, and some Serotonin acting chemicals like Silexan.

The quality of your posts is in part determined by your ability to effective communicate your ideas. Typically it's done in whatever language you can speak. I don't really listen to people with broken English. Again nothing personal. Emotionally healthy people can take constructive criticism without resorting to grandiose fabricated replies.

I half expect your next reply to warn me of your stealth ninja cyborg army.
terracotta

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
NeuroTropic

NeuroTropic

Banned
Awards
Interesting compound but the side effects, like involuntary spasms due to price tag, turn me off.
Depending on the person it could be effective at 15 mg for some making it a 2 month supply. It really comes down to if the benefits are worth it for whoever is trying it. I'll give it a shot.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Depending on the dose it could be effective at 15 mg for some making it a 2 month supply. It really comes down to if the benefits are worth it for whoever is trying it. I'll give it a shot.
Maybe you are right.
Where I'm from, I could get about a month worth of pure coke for that price. Not that I would buy it, just saying. Please don't PM me for supply, LOL.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Maybe you are right.
Where I'm from, I could get about a month worth of pure coke for that price. Not that I would buy it, just saying. Please don't PM me for supply, LOL.
Looks like I need to come out of your basement and have you show where to make a said exchange ;)

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Sorry guys, I know redman24 was a ball of laughs and all but I just couldn't deal with it anymore. Now back to actual intelligent useful discussion...

NeuroTropic

NeuroTropic

Banned
Awards
Here's a link to all the research on MBC to date. Definitely impressive potential.

Phildago55

Awards
This stuff looks cool. I'm going to have to read up in it a bit more before I believe the hype though.

Phildago55

Awards
Wow, Redman is shot. He has some basic knowledge, but not enough to form valid opinions.

Is there any evidence for this compound actually causing a conformational change at the GABA a receptor?

Does anyone know why there might be differences in the literature between 9-methyl-β-carboline and other β-carbolines?

It does appear that β-carbolines could be neurotoxic, however it is also possible that 9-mbc had completely difference effects.

PredNutrition

PredNutrition

Awards
noormas You have to add 9MBC to your basket and anything else you want to purchase. at the final stage of checkout where it says 'do you have a coupon code' add the code there. Drop me a message if you still cant get it to activate

NeuroTropic

NeuroTropic

Banned
Awards
Wow, Redman is shot. He has some basic knowledge, but not enough to form valid opinions.

Is there any evidence for this compound actually causing a conformational change at the GABA a receptor?

Does anyone know why there might be differences in the literature between 9-methyl-β-carboline and other β-carbolines?

It does appear that β-carbolines could be neurotoxic, however it is also possible that 9-mbc had completely difference effects.
Beta carbolines are neuroprotective in lower doses (1). You consume them when you drink coffee or tobacco.

1. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10899927
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20396475

Phildago55

Awards
NeuroTropic

Thanks. I have been reading a few of the studies. I didn't come across anything that said the effects were dose dependant however.

I did see that these compounds are generally regarded as cytotoxic, and that they protect against mitochondrial damage. This may make them neuropretective against mitochondrial toxins such as mptp and mpp, but still have a net negative effect in a senerio where we aren't being exposed to one of the most potent dopaminergic cell killers

NeuroTropic

NeuroTropic

Banned
Awards
NeuroTropic

Thanks. I have been reading a few of the studies. I didn't come across anything that said the effects were dose dependant however.

I did see that these compounds are generally regarded as cytotoxic, and that they protect against mitochondrial damage. This may make them neuropretective against mitochondrial toxins such as mptp and mpp, but still have a net negative effect in a senerio where we aren't being exposed to one of the most potent dopaminergic cell killers
The amounts in coffee isn't causing an issue we would have seen some research by now. It would be best to look at the research on each one to determine it's safety profile. The only one being sold otc is 9-mbc and I've seen nothing that stands out concerning it causing any serious health issues. We can always use more research but sometimes you have to go off what is out there.

rockymtnoak

Awards
This thing could be very unique if it can influence both pathways in some shape or form. Hopefully they clear you to post the studies!

For some really fun food for thought, if it stimulates DA activity, could this be a possible middle ground in prolactin control potency? For example, fitting between something like Inhibit-P and pharms like pramipexole and cabergoline. That's strictly a postulation and is not based on any direct research I've read or heard of.
I had that same thought as I was reading this.

NeuroTropic

NeuroTropic

Banned
Awards
I had that same thought as I was reading this.
Making more of your own dopamine would keep prolactin levels lower. I'm not sure if it's strong enough to counter high prolactin levels on it's own but stacked with a dopamine agonist, L-dopa, and/or or a MAO-B inhibitor and you've got prolactin demolished. If you don't take too high a dose and become god in your head.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Making more of your own dopamine would keep prolactin levels lower. I'm not sure if it's strong enough to counter high prolactin levels on it's own but stacked with a dopamine agonist, L-dopa, and/or or a MAO-B inhibitor and you've got prolactin demolished. If you don't take too high a dose and become god in your head.
So, in your opinion, would 9-MBC be something that might really help with possible low dopamine related issues like depression, anhedonia, depersonalization, low energy/motivation, etc.?

Edit: while also hopefully not increasing anxiety much.

NeuroTropic

NeuroTropic

Banned
Awards
So, in your opinion, would 9-MBC be something that might really help with possible low dopamine related issues like depression, anhedonia, depersonalization, low energy/motivation, etc.?
Those with low dopamine due to any cause really. Low dopamine levels and/or underactive receptors may be associated with brain aging, sub-optimal thinking performance, and a number of areas. This would enhance the area and neurons of the brain that make dopamine to a degree. In a way like steroids for your dopamine factories. Or a Neuroanabolic agent. Similar to NeuroReGen.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cool thread ....

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
After reading up on it more, had to order me a bottle from predator. Stuff seems pretty cool.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I really don’t see how this would be any more beneficial than l-tyrosine, salidrosides, or macuna. It’s pretty damn expensive for what it’s marketed for.

NeuroTropic

NeuroTropic

Banned
Awards
I really don’t see how this would be any more beneficial than l-tyrosine, salidrosides, or macuna. It’s pretty damn expensive for what it’s marketed for.
Then you don't understand how it works.I would read through the studies I posted earlier. If you have any questions about the studies post it so we can discuss it.

Phildago55

Awards
Then you don't understand how it works.I would read through the studies I posted earlier. If you have any questions about the studies post it so we can discuss it.
So then how does it work. It's a known neurotoxin, it's very clearly dangerous despite the positive effect on dopaminergic cell lines. What was the % increase from baseline in the study on hippocampal based learning?

NeuroTropic

NeuroTropic

Banned
Awards
So then how does it work. It's a known neurotoxin, it's very clearly dangerous despite the positive effect on dopaminergic cell lines. What was the % increase from baseline in the study on hippocampal based learning?
Post any research showing how clearly dangerous it is for all us to read.

Phildago55

Awards
At first you say you don't understand how it's different from other dopamine precursors and comment it seems pricey to you.

Then you respond to call it a neurotoxin and now it's clearly very dangerous? Post any research showing how clearly dangerous it is for all us to read.
Youre confusing me with someone else. I know exactly what it is and how it's different. Im an electrophysiologist, I study the midbrain dopamine system, with a current focus on Parkinson disease.

NeuroTropic

NeuroTropic

Banned
Awards
Youre confusing me with someone else. I know exactly what it is and how it's different. Im an electrophysiologist, I study the midbrain dopamine system, with a current focus on Parkinson disease.
You quoted my reply to someone else. It's not a neurotoxin. It has clear neuroprotective effects. Read the studies I posted if you have a question about the research post it and I'll help you understand it.

Phildago55

Awards
I'm sorry man I cant post links. Go to Google scholar, do a search an read the studies.

All of these very clearly state that it is either an a) cytotoxin or b) neurotoxin

I dont see a single convincing study. There was one study that I found interesting, I asked you about it and you didn't respond. What was the % increase in the spatial learning study?

Without profound positive effects it would be unethical to use this on healthy human subjects.

Phildago55

Awards
You quoted my reply to someone else. It's not a neurotoxin. It has clear neuroprotective effects. Read the studies I posted if you have a question about the research post it and I'll help you understand it.
I read the studies. I thought it was an interesting compound at first glance but after reading all ive seen is that it prevents damage from mptp and mpp. These are dopaminergic neurotoxins. This is evidence that it can prevent and possibly reverse mitochondrial damage in dopaminergic cell lines. Nothing more. Anything further than that assumption is premature.

NeuroTropic

NeuroTropic

Banned
Awards
I'm sorry man I cant post links. Go to Google scholar, do a search an read the studies.

All of these very clearly state that it is either an a) cytotoxin or b) neurotoxin

I dont see a single convincing study. There was one study that I found interesting, I asked you about it and you didn't respond. What was the % increase in the spatial learning study?

Without profound positive effects it would be unethical to use this on healthy human subjects.
Why not? Hard to disprove something when you have nothing.

Post the full study and I'll help you understand it.

Your ethics is bs. Only if something has amazing benefits is it ok to take but if it has modest effect then that's unethical. You are ****ed in the head.

Phildago55

Awards
Why not? Hard to disprove something when you have nothing.

Post the full study and I'll help you understand it.

Your ethics is bs. Only if something has amazing benefits is it ok to take but if it has modest effect then that's unethical. You are ****ed in the head.
No, if it has amazing effects it MIGHT be ethical to research the effects of a compound that has neurotoxic effects in healthy himans. If it has a net effect of killing brain cells it really doesn't matter if it protects and help recover dopaminergic cells.

Stop offering to help me understand my field of study lmao. I get it, it protects cells from mitochondrial damage. I asked you one specific question about the only study that was done in live, healthy animals.

NeuroTropic

NeuroTropic

Banned
Awards
No, if it has amazing effects it MIGHT be ethical to research the effects of a compound that has neurotoxic effects. If it has a net effect of killing brain cells it really doesn't matter if it protects and help recover dopaminergic cells.

Stop offering to help me understand my field of study lmao. I get it, it protects cells from mitochondrial damage. I asked you one specific question about the only study that was done in live, healthy animals.
You've posted no research showing it's neurotoxic.

Phildago55

Awards
You've posted no research showing it's neurotoxic.
I literally cannot post links. It's not allowed. My account doesn't have enough posts. I had 7 links that I tried to post.

Just read the articles that you're "reading". All but maybe one State that it's either neurotoxin or a cytotoxic.

NeuroTropic

NeuroTropic

Banned
Awards
I literally cannot post links. It's not allowed. My account doesn't have enough posts. I had 7 links that I tried to post.

Just read the articles that you're "reading". All but maybe one State that it's either neurotoxin or a cytotoxic.

Don't link it post the study itself. Or an abstract. C'mon now.

Phildago55

Awards
Don't link it post the study itself. Or an abstract. C'mon now.
I will post the title of the studies that state it is a neurotoxin.

Synthesis, acute toxicities, and antitumor effects of novel 9-substituted β-carboline derivatives

9-Methyl-β-carboline up-regulates the appearance of differentiated dopaminergic neurones in primary mesencephalic culture

Stimulation, protection and regeneration of dopaminergic neurons by 9-methyl-β-carboline: a new anti-Parkinson drug?

The exceptional properties of 9‐methyl‐β‐carboline: stimulation, protection and regeneration of dopaminergic neurons coupled with anti‐inflammatory effects

Synthesis and in vitro cytotoxic evaluation of 1, 3-bisubstituted and 1, 3, 9-trisubstituted β-carboline derivatives

Design of β-carboline derivatives as DNA-targeting antitumor agents

Endogenous β‐Carbolines as Clonidine‐Displacing Substances

This took minimal effort to find these. People might actually listen to the advice you give. If you're able to read studies with a trained eye then do it.

The jist of all the studies so far is that this compound was found to have protective and regenerative effects on dopaminergic cell lines. Dopamine is not even close to our primary neurotransmitter. If you don't have a progressive deadly neuro degenerative disorder such as Parkinson's why would you do damage to the rest of your brain. It makes no sense.

NeuroTropic

NeuroTropic

Banned
Awards
I will post the title of the studies that state it is a neurotoxin.

Synthesis, acute toxicities, and antitumor effects of novel 9-substituted β-carboline derivatives
Let's break these down one by one.

This is an injection study which is not best for determining potential side effects from oral use due to your body's metabolism.

But they did have this to say.

"Furthermore, the compounds with appropriate substituents both at positon-3 and 9 displayed enhanced antitumor activities and decreased neurotoxi-cities simultaneously. These data suggested that (1) appropriate substituents at both position-9 and 3 of b-carboline derivatives might play a crucial role in determining their enhanced antitumor activities and decreased acute toxicities and neurotoxic effects; (2) the b-carboline derivatives have the potential to be used as antitumor drug leads."

So one of the safest and least toxic of carbolines.