Recommendation for GABA supplement

Sss23

Awards
  • Established
Anyone have a good brand they like? I know there's debate if it does anything but seems to de-stress me and help with sleep. However seems hit and miss on gnc batch (could be in my head) but just curious if anyone has a go to gaba source?

dukes3577

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Swanson's maximum strength gaba 750mg was good for me. And cheap!

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For occasional use also look into SNS Phenibut.

It's an analogue of GABA and can cross the blood brain barrier .

It's very effective for sleep, stress and anxiety

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
GABA works best for me on an empty stomache. I dont think it's as potent for me as Phenibut. But more potent isnt always what u want either.

For sleep, I think there's a little window about 20 minutes after dosing where i need to make sure conditions are right for sleep. If I miss that window, i still feel relaxed from gaba, but it wont help me fall asleep after that point. This could possibly be one reason why maybe it works for u 1 time, and then the next time it doesnt.

I've always just used bulk powder. I'm pretty sure it's odorless and tasteless like Taurine... correct me if I'm wrong

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Bulk GABA is cheap as dirt. I don't know about the people that say it doesn't "work" - possible (and I generally think this is a way over-used term, but...) non-responders? If I take it fasted - within 5-10 minutes I get Paresthesia that makes Beta-Alanine jealous, and about 5 seconds of "shortness of breath". Crosses my Blood-Brain Barrier fine... on an empty stomach.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
For occasional use also look into SNS Phenibut.

It's an analogue of GABA and can cross the blood brain barrier .

It's very effective for sleep, stress and anxiety
Agreed here. I'm actually using phenibut pre bed right now and I love it.