Supplement stack post surgery

GiftedNatty

GiftedNatty

Awards
Hello AM family :)

So I just got surgery for a torn labrum about 9 days ago. Tomorrow I go to talk to my ortho and start rehab next week. My question is what would you all suggest for a cut/recomp when I start training again out of my current supply? I have DCP, SuperNova, BMP, Str3gth Unleashed, Tonvara Turk, PR-XT, Delta XT,ABE, Alphaburn, TR1umph, XGels, FD2, and Keto Induce.

What would you guys suggest I start with along my current staples of Gut Health, Vit D3, GenoFlex and OxiMega?

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It will be 8+ weeks of rehab before one can safely train at recomp intensity without jeopardizing the repair.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It will be 8+ weeks of rehab before one can safely train at recomp intensity without jeopardizing the repair.
that is the kind of truth no one wants to hear....:frustrate

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Best to take the time and heal properly. Rushing it you can do more damage or other damage. Watch your diet and do what little light work you can.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It took me 3 months before I was able to get back into the gym and do a select few things very lightly after my labrum repair. I'm now 8 months out and tons of stuff still bother it.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It took me 3 months before I was able to get back into the gym and do a select few things very lightly after my labrum repair. I'm now 8 months out and tons of stuff still bother it.
That stinks Rascal. How bad was the labral tear and were there other issues like cuff tear, spurs, etc? Did the surgeon feel confident that you'd get back to heavy intensity lifting prior to the surgery? 8 mos is plenty patient enuff

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
That stinks Rascal. How bad was the labral tear and were there other issues like cuff tear, spurs, etc? Did the surgeon feel confident that you'd get back to heavy intensity lifting prior to the surgery? 8 mos is plenty patient enuff
He told me 6 months to be back to normal, but I don't think he understood my definition of normal or the actual amount of weight I was using. My physical therapist was very impressed with my recovery process, but I was also using BPC at that time.

It was about 5/8 a full tear of the labrum and I chipped the humerus. They had to go in and clean a lot of it out as well as reattach it.

To be fair, I am probably being way over cautious. I haven't touched a barbell since surgery, but I can get by right now without any major pressing motions. A lot of the machine chest work still bothers me though. I've had shoulder issues my whole life, the last thing I need is another couple months stuck doing nothing because I reinjured myself.. Lol so I'm taking it slow to be safe.

ManuR

Awards
  • Established
get some mk667/hgh to speed up recovery
then start slowly