Cutting Stack Evaluation - Please Educate

Rk6187

Awards
Thanks for looking :)
Stats: Male, 33, 220, 14-15% BF
Just restarted IF (16/8) diet for 2nd time - Workout Days 50P/30C/20F; Non-Workout 50P/30F/</= 20C
Workout: 3 day gym lifts (bench,squat, deadlift/back compounds); 3 day lifts at home (at home workouts are based on BodyBeast - abs, arms, cardio); I do LISS on elliptical trainer for about 40 minutes 3 x/ week (Side Note: I have previously worked out HIIT style with other programs and have managed to succesfully beat up my knees and my back - so I plan on staying away from that)
Goals: Trim down to about 10% BF in 4.5 months AND be able to keep it off

I have some stim sensitivity but have done well with use of Alphamine and LeanXtreme independently at two separate occasions and I did notice improvements with LX in my midsection; Alpha T2 made me somewhat lightheaded when I used that. I am willing to try mild to moderate stimulant and a cortisol control supplement OR try some other products that may be beneficial in helping me cut down while maintaining some muscle mass (I can appreciate loss of some muscle when cutting down). I have also previously used Exotherm solo while in a caloric deficit while on IF but didn't seem to make a significant visual change (not doubting the product's efficacy but that was just my personal opinion).

It seems a new product on fatloss is out every week with numerous claims being made. I have been out of the scene (in terms of supplements) for a while and am looking to get an education on what your guys' thoughts on what may work for me to help me achieve my goals.

Thank you for your time and advice.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Make sure your diet is squared away would be the first thing I would do. I personally like using norcodrene at 2-3 caps per day. It helps with appetite suppression which is essential for me when cutting because I'm in a caloric deficit.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Just restarted IF (16/8) diet for 2nd time - Workout Days 50P/30C/20F; Non-Workout 50P/30F/</= 20C
Workout: 3 day gym lifts (bench,squat, deadlift/back compounds); 3 day lifts at home (at home workouts are based on BodyBeast - abs, arms, cardio); I do LISS on elliptical trainer for about 40 minutes 3 x/ week (Side Note: I have previously worked out HIIT style with other programs and have managed to succesfully beat up my knees and my back - so I plan on staying away from that)

It seems a new product on fatloss is out every week with numerous claims being made. I have been out of the scene (in terms of supplements) for a while and am looking to get an education on what your guys' thoughts on what may work for me to help me achieve my goals.

As LeanEngineer stated, diet is king. It sounds like you have a good understanding of nutrition, just be sure you are eating in a calorie deficit. Also, keep in mind that 10% body fat is a great goal, but "keeping it off" will be very difficult. For most natural lifters, 10% is a low bodyfat and not a sustainable level of conditioning to maintain year round.

Since you've been out of the game for a while, definitely take note that Alphamine has been reformulated. It is no longer a thermogenic, but it is now a "powdered energy drink" mix. The OG was my favorite fat burner, but the new stuff isn't what it used to be.

A few great fat burners that have been getting solid feedback are Oxymax XT, Ignit3, and Norcodrene. Ignit3 might be a little stim heavy for you if you experience light headedness with Alpha-T2. Oxymax XT would be a solid product to look into. It isn't a high stim thermogenic, and it has a great profile to provide clean energy and appetite suppression

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I have some stim sensitivity but have done well with use of Alphamine and LeanXtreme independently at two separate occasions and I did notice improvements with LX in my midsection; Alpha T2 made me somewhat lightheaded when I used that. I am willing to try mild to moderate stimulant and a cortisol control supplement OR try some other products that may be beneficial in helping me cut down while maintaining some muscle mass (I can appreciate loss of some muscle when cutting down). I have also previously used Exotherm solo while in a caloric deficit while on IF but didn't seem to make a significant visual change (not doubting the product's efficacy but that was just my personal opinion).

x3 on the diet, but it looks like you have that all set. Do you prefer IF when cutting? If you're sensitive to stims, you could try a non stimulant fat burner like Lean Edge or Evomuse DCP. Lean Xtreme is an option too, but I prefer the older formula.

In addition, you could stack one of those non stim fat burners with a natural anabolic to help maintain lean mass as you get further into your deficit. I would look into a natty anabolic with forskolin, since it increases cAMP levels and something that will help reduce cortisol levels as well. AlphaMax XT does both, as well as boosts testosterone and libido. AlphaMax XT has a full 50 mg of forskolin, a full 600 mg of ashwaganhda, to reduce stress and cortisol and DHAA to help with cortisol levels as well. Additionally, the DHAA should help you look drier, so if you get vascular when dieting, that will only help!

If your fat burner already has forskolin, that's fine. When dieting, people often run it at 100 mg and have great success with that dose.