Anyone tried colossal labs monster muscle protein

Rndmher

Rndmher

Awards
I've recently bought it and it's fairly cheap (5lb 37$) it says it has 5.5 bcaa, 25g protein, and 4g glutamine. It seems like an incredible deal. Ingredients says whey protein, natural chocolate & artificial flavors, lecithin, salt , can than him, suclose. Thoughts?

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
With the massive amount of companies frauding protein content i'd be wary of these off-brands. Granted, even the bigger companies and ones we thought were trustworthy have been found to not meet label claims...

Also, you know protein is made up of amino acids right lol? That is pure marketing, saying your protein comes with amino acids... LMAO

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
I tried it recently. Its really thick and filling. Which, to me, is good if its a high calorie shake. But its not high calorie. Taste was ok. Not worth it imo.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I haven't. I've seen some reviews though and they are up and down. So you could try it if it's for a good price but otherwise i'd stick to more well known quality powders.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
With the massive amount of companies frauding protein content i'd be wary of these off-brands. Granted, even the bigger companies and ones we thought were trustworthy have been found to not meet label claims...

Also, you know protein is made up of amino acids right lol? That is pure marketing, saying your protein comes with amino acids... LMAO
I'm with him on this. On sale many proteins are very affordable. You just have to watch sales and jump on them when they happen. To buy cheap protein because it's cheap is really silly. In the end you get what you pay for.

Rndmher

Rndmher

Awards

Ok question then.
Why do I need to buy bcaa separate as a supplement if it's already in the protein Rhadam?

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok question then.
Why do I need to buy bcaa separate as a supplement if it's already in the protein Rhadam?
You don't need to buy BCAA supplements at all lol. It's a marketing gimmick and most people will not benefit from supplemental BCAAs. Your protein-rich diet will provide what you need, almost regardless of training style. Outside of participating in high-level athletics, endurance events, double-day training sessions, and extreme cuts there's no reason to purchase and use BCAA supplements.

Rndmher

Rndmher

Awards
You don't need to buy BCAA supplements at all lol. It's a marketing gimmick and most people will not benefit from supplemental BCAAs. Your protein-rich diet will provide what you need, almost regardless of training style. Outside of participating in high-level athletics, endurance events, double-day training sessions, and extreme cuts there's no reason to purchase and use BCAA supplements.
Well I've wasted a ridiculous amount of money then.
So switching gears then, what supplements are essential?
Like protein, creatine, zma?

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well I've wasted a ridiculous amount of money then.
So switching gears then, what supplements are essential?
Like protein, creatine, zma?
It happens, supplement companies make good money off of uneducated buyers. Such is life.

There are no real essential supplements. You can argue that a protein powder is one of the most beneficial for people who have a hard time meeting protein requirements through whole foods. And protein shakes are highly convenient. Creatine you won't get enough through diet so that's a good one to supplement, and it's dirt cheap. If you don't eat fish regularly then a fish oil supplement is beneficial. Multi-vitamins have almost no data showing a necessity to supplement. And there's no real data showing that a bonus in micro nutrients does all that much unless you're deficient.

Outside of that, everything else is personal preference. There are many amino acids that can help training performance, but that's your call what you want to spend money on.