Suggest my next Preworkout and Intra-workout supplement

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
I'm having a hard time finding a preworkout and intra that really fits for me. There are a million to choose from and I know sometimes it's trial and error until you find the right thing that suits you.

This is what I'm looking for:

Preworkout: looking for something that will give me good pumps/focus/and some energy. I do not want something so strong with uppers that I'm completely wired.

Intra: I'm looking for something that will help keep my energy and focus going throughout the workout. I usually spend between 75-90 minutes per workout and they are pretty intense.

Here are a few of the things I've tried in the past: C4, amino x, nubreed undisputed and helix, concrete, pre/post jym, bpi pump, n02, among other things. I have not tried any of the newer things out so I'm definitely in the market for something new.

If you have suggestions please lmk what and why.

Thanks

JG93

JG93

Awards
Fnrx pwo half scoop it, awesome pwo.
I'm logging it atm.
for an intra
I use swole ass bcaa delicious and work well

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'd check out mesomorph or high volume by pes. Those are two pretty good ones. Mesomorph is pretty strong but you could do half serving first.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I'm having a hard time finding a preworkout and intra that really fits for me. There are a million to choose from and I know sometimes it's trial and error until you find the right thing that suits you.

Preworkout: looking for something that will give me good pumps/focus/and some energy. I do not want something so strong with uppers that I'm completely wired.

Intra: I'm looking for something that will help keep my energy and focus going throughout the workout. I usually spend between 75-90 minutes per workout and they are pretty intense.

Here are a few of the things I've tried in the past: C4, amino x, nubreed undisputed and helix, concrete, pre/post jym, bpi pump, n02, among other things. I have not tried any of the newer things out so I'm definitely in the market for something new.

Thanks
Pres I use and enjoy:

OL Conqu3r, good for pumps, energy and focus but I dont feel cracked out using it.

High volume or hemovol with added caffeine - good for pumps, less so for focus but added caffeine will help. Maybe some theanine.

Focus XT paired with High volume is what ive been doing. Good for pumps, bit of energy and focus as well.

Plenty of others as well but those are ones ive used recently and really enjoy

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pre:

PEScience High Volume + Caffeine tab, Monster Ultra, or Rockstar Pure Zero
Myokem Nitramine
Kaged Muscle Pre-Kaged

Intra:
Gatorade powder + EAAs (Amino IV)
If you notice GI issues, go with Karbolyn or Glycofuse (Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrine) + EAA (Amino IV)

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Conquer Unleashed for high energy level but smooth and clean without a crash. Pretty great pumps as well as mood boosting. Very well rounded.

For stim heavy 1000 miles an hour I go with 1 scoop of mesomoroh or 1-2 scoops Perform Kinetics. Both provides decent pumps as well. Meso has beta alanine if you like the tingles and to "feel" something kick in.

For non-stim and pump heavy I go with High Volume or Conquer Stim-Free. Both are super for pumps. I give conquer an edge on mood boosting and focus.

These are all my faves at the moment that I rotate.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
SNS focus xt sounds like exactly what you want. Add in some bulk agamatine and citrulline and you'll have all the focus and pumps you could want. And for cheap ha

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
HyperMax XT would be worth looking into for pre workout, great focus and euphoric feeling with great dosing!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Oh and for intra, look for either Endure by OL, Amino IV from PES or Xtend from Scivation. I have all three on hand and highly rate them all

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh and for intra, look for either Endure by OL, Amino IV from PES or Xtend from Scivation. I have all three on hand and highly rate them all
Endure/endure+ is great. I think Pina Colada is way more enjoyable than Dragonfruit. I haven't tried Xtend still

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Endure/endure+ is great. I think Pina Colada is way more enjoyable than Dragonfruit. I haven't tried Xtend still
I have the dragon fruit and it is ok. Not sonething id drink to enjoy like a BCAA/ EAA drink, but something that dies the job and has a solid profile.

Xtend tastes awesome. Im not usually huge on BCAAs or EAAs, but lately ive added them to my arsenal

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Im going to be submitting endur3 and xtend perform to some rigorous testing over the next 6mnths.

At this stage, endur3 is ahead on cost-value, and perform is ahead on taste.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Im going to be submitting endur3 and xtend perform to some rigorous testing over the next 6mnths.

At this stage, endur3 is ahead on cost-value, and perform is ahead on taste.
I would too but I usually alternate lol

Oh and I was out of Caff free Focus XT :(

paula

paula

Awards
Prekaged and inkaged. Both i tried and i love it very much.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
My suggestions:

Pre-Workout:
OL Conqu3r
CL White Rapids
USP MAX REPS + Caffeine Tab

Intra-Workout:
Glycofuse or HBCD + Intra-MD EAA+
Intra-MD (already added carbs)
Xtend Perform + HBCD

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established

Lots of good recommendations in here. I enjoy stacking a pump product like PES High Volume or Noxygen with a stimmed pre, but it's a more expensive route. If you want something that's more of an all-in-one, definitely check out HyperMax XT. It delivers great pumps and very intense focus. It's also nice that the serving is customizable, one scoop delivers 200mg of caffeine and gives you a nice pick me up, but if you need an extra push you can up the serving to 1.5 or 2 scoops. 1.5 is the sweet spot for me, great energy, focus, and pump.

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There are plenty of good options to choose from depending on what stim load you can handle. Here's a few I use:

High Stim
Mesomorph
Max out
White Rapids
Conqu3r Unleashed

Low stim
Nitramine
PreSeries Bulk
Or 1/2 serving of any of the high stims I mentioned above

Non-stim
Hemavo2 Max
Megatron
Conqu3r Unleashed Stim Free

Also feel free to just add a caffeine tab or cup of coffee to any of the stim free options and you're set!

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
Wow! I didn't expect so many replies this fast! I appreciate all the input and I'm definitely leaning towards something that is all in one. I hate spending a fortune on supps when I could add that money towards my food prep.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow! I didn't expect so many replies this fast! I appreciate all the input and I'm definitely leaning towards something that is all in one. I hate spending a fortune on supps when I could add that money towards my food prep.
The best all-in-one/well-rounded preworkout right now is Conquer Unleashed bar none

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established

Thanks
I really like either Catalyst by Momentum Nutrition or any of the Pre Series line by Transparent Labs, both have clinically dosed ingredients of Betain, Beta Al, BCAAs, all the good, proven ingredients. Pre Series is dosed higher so the scoop is bigger/foamy and the taste isn't as good as the Catalyst which is has the base levels of researched performance enhancing ingredients.

Catalyst is about $30 for 30, Pre Series is $49 for 30

Also Max Reps by USP is on point. Hugely dosed for pumps if that's your thing but non stim so you can use it anytime. Taste is great and price is really good too.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For all in one definitely check out HyperMax XT. Nice clean energy, great pump, and focus. Like John mentioned, you can play with the dosing on days when you need more energy. 1 scoop is plenty strong for me.

For Intra I have not been able to try Endur3, all though I'd like to. Same with extend perform. I have tried the new Dieselade though and have enjoyed it.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Xtend Perform is amazing.

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My go to for preworkouts would have to be iForce Hemavo2 with a caffeine pill added 2 it. That way you get a pre that provides you amazing pumps and focus with only 200mg of caffeine. As far as an intraworkout I stick to iForce Compete which definitely helps with endurance. I switched for a few workouts and tried another popular intraworkout product and I definitely noticed a drop off which is why I only stick with Compete now.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
I think you are looking for something with stimulants and carbs. In that case, Nutrabio PRE Extreme may be the best choice. Otherwise, you can get Intra-MD or Endur3+ and add your own caffeine and ephedrine. But definitely go with something with carbs.

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
Mesomorph with Compete for intra..go for the trifecta and get Finish Line for post..

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
http://mindandmuscle.net/articles/product/aps-mesomorph/

Mesomorph that Rocket Pop <3 - I don't know your tolerance when you say "Wired" Meso doesn't leave me to wired or jittery I get a good energy with strong focus from this.

http://mindandmuscle.net/articles/product/iforce-nutrition-hemavol-2-max/

Hemavo2 king of them pumps

Couple other favorites I use a lot of

Blackstone Labs Dust V2
Centurion Labz God of War RED - They have a God of Rage which uses 1,3 but I prefer the God of War RED its slightly lower stim than Rage

http://mindandmuscle.net/articles/product/iforce-max-out/
iForce MAX OUT - This is a great all around pre with nitrates & GMS

saywutrly

saywutrly

Awards
  • Established
Mesomorph is strong, but a half dose is pretty smooth. Beware of beta alanine. One folks haven't mentioned is the ESP by Metabolic Nutrition. This one is fantastic for focus, which will last for several hours. The small and medium dose doesn't crack you out, and the dual scoop gives three easy-to-measure dose sizes. I usually add an unflavored pump product to this for more pump.

The newest gameday by MAN is also great for focus, but has a stim cocktail which cracks me out hard at any effective dosage.

For intra, I recommend GET DIESEL BCAAs. They are so clean that they won't give you the sucralose heartburn or the health problems associated with ace-k, artificial colors, and artificial flavors. Cherry limeade is my fav even though I'm.not normally a cherry fan. To this. I typically add Karbolyn and bulk EAAs. A few board sponsors have them, otherwise I have also had good luck with bulk ingredients from TrueNutrition if you happen to already order protein there as I do for the all natural flavoring options. Otherwise, everything I've gotten from NP and NV have always been top notch.

Lately I am experimenting with no intra workout carbs but keeping with the BCAA and EAA to encourage the body to attack fat stores for energy while preserving the muscle. It hasn't adversely affected performance, but it sure makes me waayy more sore and every so slightly decreases pump. Just my $0.02, though.

TNlifting

TNlifting

Awards
  • Established
Agree that conquer unleashed is the best all around imo. Stupid good focus at 2 scoops. For intra I have been using lemon drop compete by iforce. Best tasting intra product I've ever tried hands down

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
Caffeine pill preworkout
Gummi Bears intra workout

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For your pre workout and given you want something lower stim, I would go with CreMax XT and either get something like Alcar ot L-tyrosine to mix with CreMax XT. CreMax XT will have all of your bases covered. 5 grams of creatine, 2.5 grams of TMG to help with overall training performance 2 grams of Glycerol to help with pumps and will also aid in recovery with L-alanyl glutamine. Amento, which is also in CreMax XT boosts performance as well. Adding Alcar or tyrosine will help with focus. If you wanted to make it a stimmed version, simply add 100 mg of caffeine with a caffeine capsule, they're dirt cheap.

compan

compan

Awards
I'm a big fan of Hemavo2 + Caffeine pill (I'll use Kaged, 200mg) for pumps. If I'm looking more for ergogens, Caffeine + Carbon Prep/Finish Line/Ergonine.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The best all-in-one/well-rounded preworkout right now is Conquer Unleashed bar none
I would probably second that.

Purus Condense is another option that I am loving right now. Simple and effective.

Been trying out Dr. Jekyll y prosupps as well. I enjoy it for arm day and smaller muscle groups because it is low stim.

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm a big fan of Hemavo2 + Caffeine pill (I'll use Kaged, 200mg) for pumps. If I'm looking more for ergogens, Caffeine + Carbon Prep/Finish Line/Ergonine.
Hemavo2 + a Kaged caffeine pill is my go to. Love that combo. Going to be trying Carbon Prep and Post in a couple of weeks too

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Hemavo2 + a Kaged caffeine pill is my go to. Love that combo. Going to be trying Carbon Prep and Post in a couple of weeks too
Hemavo2 and caffeine is amazing.

saywutrly

saywutrly

Awards
  • Established
For your pre workout and given you want something lower stim, I would go with CreMax XT and either get something like Alcar ot L-tyrosine to mix with CreMax XT. CreMax XT will have all of your bases covered. 5 grams of creatine, 2.5 grams of TMG to help with overall training performance 2 grams of Glycerol to help with pumps and will also aid in recovery with L-alanyl glutamine. Amento, which is also in CreMax XT boosts performance as well. Adding Alcar or tyrosine will help with focus. If you wanted to make it a stimmed version, simply add 100 mg of caffeine with a caffeine capsule, they're dirt cheap.
OMG how did I forget amento?? I highly recommend. I supplement 200mg PWO no matter what pre I'm using. It is probably the best single natural supplement I've taken.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Katana is a wonderful Preworkout. Focus XT, caffeine free focus XT.

Besides that, mesomorph packs a swift kick in the face.

Honestly my go to every morning pre workout or pre physical therapy session is 1 scoop Katana, .5-1 scoop Focus XT, 6g CitMal, 3g Betaine. The last three being from SNS.

I also use Xtend Perform.

I'd highly suggest just bulk BCAA plus Focus XT intra workout as it'll mask the flavor

SD1959

Awards
Agreed. Very good product and Pina Colada could taste a bit better but it's pretty good. Dragon fruit? Very effective but NOT fun!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A lot of suggestions in here but if you'd like some samples of our White Rapids, White Flood (both pre's) and Purple Wraath (intra formula), check out our sample thread in the controlled labs section.

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
I'd say mesomorph, and if your looking for something without 1-3, dmaa than absolutely Core Fury-- this thing is packed and has everything imaginable in a pre workout

Pec.Major

Awards
  • Established
Pre:

Myokem Nitramine
Kaged Muscle Pre-Kaged

Intra:
If you notice GI issues, go with Karbolyn or Glycofuse (Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrine) + EAA (Amino IV)
Buddy, clear your PM. :)

RVAPump

RVAPump

Board Sponsor
Awards
SizeOn is still my GOAT intra...if you don't want the carbs or if you want some additional ergogens like rhodiola then iForce Compete is a great option as well

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Pre:

Myokem Nitramine
Kaged Muscle Pre-Kaged

Intra:
Sorry to bump a somewhat older thread, but while searching for some threads on Amino IV I came across this post and had a question for you kbayne

I recently started using Amino IV and have been having some GI issues, hence searching through some threads to see if anyone else has commented on it.

Your mention of possibly noticing GI issues, was that geared towards the Gatorade or Amino IV?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry to bump a somewhat older thread, but while searching for some threads on Amino IV I came across this post and had a question for you kbayne

I recently started using Amino IV and have been having some GI issues, hence searching through some threads to see if anyone else has commented on it.

Your mention of possibly noticing GI issues, was that geared towards the Gatorade or Amino IV?
Mention of GI issue was regarding carbohydrate source.

What Amino IV formula are you using? Newly released or old?

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Mention of GI issue was regarding carbohydrate source.

What Amino IV formula are you using? Newly released or old?
Ah ok, I thought so.

Old, with the lemon verbena.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Added anything else new to your supplementation? Or any new foods?
Nothing new added supplementation wise, aside from the Amino IV. Food wise, same thing, nothing new.

I have the pickiest stomach when it comes to adding new supplements. I have ulcers so certain things just set it off. I wasn't sure if anything in Amino IV's profile stands out for those with sensitive stomachs.

I'm currently doing the full two scoops, but I may kick it down to one and see if that makes a difference and then build myself back up to the two.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dominus Anabolics 18
Anabolics 5
Anabolics 2
Supplements 10
Anabolics 14