Opinions on supplement choices

1slo4v

Awards
So I'm new to lifting and been trying to do a lot of research and want to make sure I'm making the correct choices.
Currently I'm 6'3 and around 235lbs. I'm wanting to tone up and put on some mass. So far my choices on supplements are

Erase pro
BLR Prolactrone
DAA
Creatine

Willing to listen to suggestions and advice

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
I would look into myokems magnitropin, I took this product pct and i kept all my strength, and stayed toned. My libido felt like i was 17 again and everything set in the gym i could do a couple more reps. I know TGB is having a great sale on it right now. There are a lot of logs of mag on here i would look into.

Honestly if you add ArA(x-gels) to mag, its by far the best natty stack i have ever ran. If you can any questions feel free to DM me, more then willing too help you out anyway possible!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What is your age ?

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I like my creatine patch that's for sure.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
So I'm new to lifting and been trying to do a lot of research and want to make sure I'm making the correct choices. Currently I'm 6'3 and around 235lbs. I'm wanting to tone up and put on some mass. So far my choices on supplements are Erase pro BLR Prolactrone DAA Creatine Willing to listen to suggestions and advice
Skip the DAA

Both Erase and Prolactrone? Did you run a cycke or just running those solo?

If you want the absolute best nang for your buck look into Ergonine.
It includes most of the best bodybuilding ingredients at proper doses in one scoop/day for under $1/day, and extra goodies as well.
Can amplify muscle growth, performance, recovery, and even fat loss.

Members here are loving it. 0.99 sane day shipping its worth trying.
+ extra savings with my code

Check it out at athletixsports.com

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
How much of that 235 would you say is body fat?

It is very difficult to lose fat while building muscle. I would pick one of the two that you feel is most important to you and focus on that.

Being new to lifting you want to make sure you are focusing on the essentials first, such as, finding a proper training program to fit your needs, making sure your diet is in check along with making sure you're eating the required amount of food to either lose or gain weight, and that you're getting plenty of rest.

To chime in on the supplement aspect, stick to your basics for now. As Driven mentioned (with his new bad ass avi) Ergonine is definitely a great choice.

I would have to say the most valuable asset you have is right here on the forums. Plenty of informative members and threads to learn a lot from. Good luck bud!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would look into myokems magnitropin, I took this product pct and i kept all my strength, and stayed toned. My libido felt like i was 17 again and everything set in the gym i could do a couple more reps. I know TGB is having a great sale on it right now. There are a lot of logs of mag on here i would look into.

Honestly if you add ArA(x-gels) to mag, its by far the best natty stack i have ever ran. If you can any questions feel free to DM me, more then willing too help you out anyway possible!!
I would agree with x gels. If you havent tried them before i would give them a shot. A lot of members on here like x gels. Check them out at strong Supplement shop.
http://www.strongsupplementshop.com/x-gels-by-serious-nutrition-solutions

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Thanks Dan for the support and avi compliment lol only took me 2 years to change it

Akagami

Awards
So I'm new to lifting ......
Willing to listen to suggestions and advice
Skip the supplements and focus on building the basics.

I don't even understand how you can evaluate what supplements you would like to try if you don't yet know much about the body you are going to put them into. Creatine maybe...and some fish oil if you actually never eat fish. In other words, "health" supplements. Drink protein if you have trouble getting enough grams in a day (I don't really consider protein a supplement).

(First post and "wants to tone and put on mass"...troll job?)

1slo4v

Awards
I'm 29. I'd say 20+% is fat since I do have a gut and love handles. And no I'm not trolling; maybe file it under being uneducated if I'm asking for too much.

1slo4v

Awards
Some of the products I chose I was thinking since I'm am carrying around extra weight I thought my estrogen levels may be a little higher. So if I knocked those down I thought I may shed the fat faster

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Some of the products I chose I was thinking since I'm am carrying around extra weight I thought my estrogen levels may be a little higher. So if I knocked those down I thought I may shed the fat faster
Without blood tests I would never assume that

If you had side effects attributable to them maybe

That said Erase pro is hood to help weight loss regardless

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
That ergonine looks solid I'll buy one to try out.
You wont be disappointed

Grab a free Analyzed supplement with it and use my code

Matthew1237

Matthew1237

Awards
I would grab yourself some ergonine and some Forskolin - I believe athletix has a deal on the combo. If you've got excess bodyfat and are also new to lifting Id say you can definitely pull off a solid recomp since you're <1 year. I did and had some pretty amazing success. After 3-4 months try doing some ARA I would say. Xgels are a hit on this board. I would go with something like Arnold's blueprint - or Phat - you will be training often and reap the benefits of being new and squishy. Keep the intensity up and eat in a slight deficit (200-300 calories) with a refeed day every 10-14 days based on your own recovery.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you're new to lifting and not relatively lean, Ergonine is all you really need (but Creatine is fine too. It's just that Ergonine is a STEAL of a price and it's got 8 more ergogenic ingredients than creatine alone). A lot of people like myself like to have Multivitamins/Fish Oil because our diets aren't perfect, and a protein powder of your choice for convenience in getting enough Protein (I like PES Select. Purus Labs MyoFeed looks good too)

If you're cutting, you should probably focus on diet first then add all the good stuff. Some stim fat burners I'd recommend though are BPS Combustion, PES Norcodrene, and PES Alphamine. Some non stim fat burners I'd recommend are BPS DCP 2.0, SNS TTA-500 (I forget if this is still sold), Antaeus Labs Lipomorph or Forskolin (Komodo/Analyzed Supplements/whatever other brand you want. Try to get 95% extract so you don't have stomach issues)

I'd also like to add that unless you're older (above 30) I think most test boosters are pretty much useless for you unless you're actually diagnosed with low test.

jwsnowman

jwsnowman

Awards
How much of that 235 would you say is body fat?

It is very difficult to lose fat while building muscle. I would pick one of the two that you feel is most important to you and focus on that.

Being new to lifting you want to make sure you are focusing on the essentials first, such as, finding a proper training program to fit your needs, making sure your diet is in check along with making sure you're eating the required amount of food to either lose or gain weight, and that you're getting plenty of rest.

To chime in on the supplement aspect, stick to your basics for now. As Driven mentioned (with his new bad ass avi) Ergonine is definitely a great choice.

I would have to say the most valuable asset you have is right here on the forums. Plenty of informative members and threads to learn a lot from. Good luck bud!
I can't say I agree with the first statement above. If the OP is new to training, now is the time that it's much easier to lose fat while building muscle at the same time. The rest of the post is spot on though :p

Without a doubt Ergonine should be a staple for anybody whether they're new to training or experienced.

On Athletix' web site, they have a buy Ergonine, get a free Analyzed Supplements product for free....take advantage of that deal and choose the package with Forskolin95.

Other than that, get your diet in check and train your ass off, then look into some other things once you start hitting a plateau. PHAT is one of my personal favorite training programs while dieting.

Once you do hit that plateau, I personally think that PEScience Norcodrene and Alphamine are the two top products when it comes to weight loss. Myokem Pyroxamine is also supposed to be pretty solid from what I hear, but I have yet to try it myself yet. You could stack the Erase Pro with one of those at that time, but I'd personally hold off until then. Same goes for the Magnitropin which is another great product but I honestly never suggest people that are new to training go with anything but the staples until they become more familiar with everything and start seeing the results from just the training and proper nutrition.

I also wouldn't bother with the DAA as it won't have much of an effect at this time. The prolactrone isn't needed either. These are just a waste of money at this time.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I can't say I agree with the first statement above. If the OP is new to training, now is the time that it's much easier to lose fat while building muscle at the same time. The rest of the post is spot on though :p

Without a doubt Ergonine should be a staple for anybody whether they're new to training or experienced.

On Athletix' web site, they have a buy Ergonine, get a free Analyzed Supplements product for free....take advantage of that deal and choose the package with Forskolin95.

Other than that, get your diet in check and train your ass off, then look into some other things once you start hitting a plateau. PHAT is one of my personal favorite training programs while dieting.

Once you do hit that plateau, I personally think that PEScience Norcodrene and Alphamine are the two top products when it comes to weight loss. Myokem Pyroxamine is also supposed to be pretty solid from what I hear, but I have yet to try it myself yet. You could stack the Erase Pro with one of those at that time, but I'd personally hold off until then. Same goes for the Magnitropin which is another great product but I honestly never suggest people that are new to training go with anything but the staples until they become more familiar with everything and start seeing the results from just the training and proper nutrition.

I also wouldn't bother with the DAA as it won't have much of an effect at this time. The prolactrone isn't needed either. These are just a waste of money at this time.
Very good advice here!

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
if you are new to lifting I defintely would not go crazy on supplementation right off the bat. I woud delay the use of a fat burner or test supplement until you establish a baseline after 1-2 months. If you have never used a specific supplement before it is best to use it solo so you can determine how it affects you. Run it solo and assess the results before stacking anything.

You can add in fish oil right away since everyone needs omegas (lifting or not). Ergonine is a solid formula which you can consider using, in your case I would wait a couple weeks from the time you started lifting to add it in just to see the difference. And remember everyone's body is different and responds differently so take it slow and make sure your diet is good. Good luck.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Thank you for the E9 love guys. reps on route ;)

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Since your goal is to lose weight, I wouldn't focus that much on hormonal changes. Try to get a strict diet, and use supplements like PES norcodrene to help you reach your goals. Norcodrene has tried and proven fat loss ingredients that work regardless of BF% mixed in with novel fat burning ingredients. From your list, I'd keep creatine, and if you want to run the hormonal stuff, I would use that later. I'd also check out a staples product like Ergonine ($1 a day and you get a ton of science based ingredients), + norco will be quite helpful in your cut.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Seconding what Synapsin. If you're just starting out, focus on setting up a solid dieting and training plan. Look towards Ergonine to cover a lot of your staples and check out Norcodrene to help eliminate some of the excess fat that you're hoping to lose.

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks Dan for the support and avi compliment lol only took me 2 years to change it
Anytime brother, I'm a couple weeks into it and I love it!

Haha yeah, I meant that as just a general statement. When I started out, I was able to lose some fat and gain a good amount of muscle. It's more or less for people who are like 30% plus body fat and expect to get down to a muscular 10% that need to understand how difficult it is.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
jwsnowman

jwsnowman

Awards
Ah I'm with ya now. I was 28% bf when I first started training and definitely gained a lot of muscle while losing a ton of fat, but it's the fat loss that's most significant if you're starting from that condition for sure. Once I hit a lower bf% I noticed the muscle growth more along with the continued fat loss.

For me I went from 28% to 12% without the use of a single fat burner. Once I hit that plateau I picked up Detonate lol. Good god that was quite the first fat burner experience haha. That stuff was like crack for me. On second thought...it was more like meth :p

Haha yeah, I meant that as just a general statement. When I started out, I was able to lose some fat and gain a good amount of muscle. It's more or less for people who are like 30% plus body fat and expect to get down to a muscular 10% that need to understand how difficult it is.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
1. Figure out your maintenance caloric need, and then eat 500kcal under. (iifym.com has a calculator). ***this is your biggest impact***

2. Coffee (or NoDoze) and Yohimbine HCL. Both are stupid dirt cheap. Assess Y-HCL tolerance by taking just one (2.5 or 3mg) cap, and increase by one cap each time, until you are at .2mg per KG of bodyweight. If you are sensitive to it, then switch to a-Yohimbine/Rauwolscine (a lot more expensive).

3. Be consistent.

Unless your nipples are leaking, you don't have a Prolactin problem :) Vitamin B6 is pretty cheap in any case.