fruit flavored protein

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am looking for suggestions on some fruit flavored protein.

I dont really care for the dessert flavors, so optimally i aim for fruit flavors.

Ones ive tried:
Carnivor fruit punch (good but has a beef aftertaste Lol)
Isopure Apple melón (not that good, but tolerable)
Néctar (ok)
Gnc wheybolic extreme 60 fruit punch (loved this)

Ive also had all the isopurebottles, love these, but there not cost efficient for eveyday.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
I hate the fruit flavours, in fact I actually don't know anyone who likes them that I know lol

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
USP labs banana or Strawberry Cheesecake

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I hate the fruit flavours, in fact I actually don't know anyone who likes them that I know lol
Ok... You say that to say what?

point ur finger and laugh or sumthin, I dont get it

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I prefer fruit flavored over the choc/van typical fare...(off the top of my head) Usp oxy elite strawberry, dymatize iso orange dream, dymatize eliteXT banana nut & blueberry muffin, dymatize fusion7 banana all are really good...

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Ok... You say that to say what? point ur finger and laugh or sumthin, I dont get it
No, not laughing or making fun lol. Just saying... But in fact it was a stupid thing to say because I like strawberry and banana lol.

I was thinking more along the lines of exotic or stuff like blueberry.

Ignore me.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
All good. Dont get me wrong i have had van and choc, still got a few tubs, but it gets redundant. Sometimes I like to put a half scoop with some glycofuse intra w/o
and the flavors don't mesh. So I like to have a good fruit flavor on hand to throw in the mix.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
All good. Dont get me wrong i have had van and choc, still got a few tubs, but it gets redundant. Sometimes I like to put a half scoop with some glycofuse intra w/o and the flavors don't mesh. So I like to have a good fruit flavor on hand to throw in the mix.
Yeah I find sometimes I get a little bored, I'll often mix it with yogurt or add something else to it to flavour. Like you said with glycofuse really.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like the isopure RTD flavors. It's a shame the powders don't taste the same. The only nectar one I had was ok I guess. Whey is really hard to flavor as a fruit. The milky flavors are way easier that's why everything is chocolate, vanilla, cookies & cream, etc.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I like the isopure RTD flavors. It's a shame the powders don't taste the same. The only nectar one I had was ok I guess. Whey is really hard to flavor as a fruit. The milky flavors are way easier that's why everything is chocolate, vanilla, cookies & cream, etc.
Yea tell me about it with the isopure... I was so dissapointed. I hate the fact that I like the gnc one.... It burns my soul lol,

Yea the whey definitely goes better with those flavors.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Universal has the ISO why in fruit punch, I was looking at trying that one, but hate spending 40 bucks to not like it....

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
I prefer fruit flavored over the choc/van typical fare...(off the top of my head) Usp oxy elite strawberry, dymatize iso orange dream, dymatize eliteXT banana nut & blueberry muffin, dymatize fusion7 banana all are really good...
Is that blueberry muffin really as good as I've been hearing? Sounds delicious but I've hesitated pulling the trigger since I worry it could turn out terribly.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Is that blueberry muffin really as good as I've been hearing? Sounds delicious but I've hesitated pulling the trigger since I worry it could turn out terribly.
personally I thought it was a bit bland and chalky. It's dirt cheap tho

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Isopure melon was so so. Idk if xf arctic lemonade falls in that category but I enjoy it.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
personally I thought it was a bit bland and chalky. It's dirt cheap tho
It really IS that good! :) they redid the flavoring about 1-1.5 yrs ago...before that, ya, it did have a chalky texture...but it's really smooth now...esp good mixed in with some plain greek yogurt...

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Isopure melon was so so. Idk if xf arctic lemonade falls in that category but I enjoy it.
Yea I'm using the melon now... Not the best. Ima check out that artic lemondade. Thanks.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
XF has some good fruit flavors. Also check out SAN Titanium Whey Triple Berry and Banana Coconut

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When you say "fruit" flavor I think along the lines of Isopure which I did not care for. Tried 4 different flavors and couldn't finish any of the tubs. USP Banana protein is probably the best banana flavor Ive ever had( and I have tried MANY over the years)

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am using it right now, I think it is very good !!

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
I buy unflavored protein and add some flavored BCAAs to flavor the protein.

The monk60

The monk60

Awards
Flavored protein is a tricky thing when you get outside the normal flavors.
Some use it in shakes/smoothies and some flavors just won't mix.
When you get into specific flavors it only reaches a smaller % of the customer so you would have to be careful.
Then, the customer may spend some hard earned bucks on a specific only to find they are stuck with 50 bucks of 5 lbs of swill.
We are a picky group of people that can be hard to please.
Personally I'd love a good blueberry vanilla. I think that could be pulled off. The vanilla could mask the protein and the blueberry would top it off.
I believe there's an Orange dream sickle flavor, MTS maybe. I'd try that if I knew it tasted right, if they would give some freakin samples.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
It really IS that good! :) they redid the flavoring about 1-1.5 yrs ago...before that, ya, it did have a chalky texture...but it's really smooth now...esp good mixed in with some plain greek yogurt...
Hmmm didn't know that. Might have to give it another go as the potential was there it just wasn't strong enough.

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
All good. Dont get me wrong i have had van and choc, still got a few tubs, but it gets redundant. Sometimes I like to put a half scoop with some glycofuse intra w/o and the flavors don't mesh. So I like to have a good fruit flavor on hand to throw in the mix.
orange glycofuse with vanilla protein is bomb.com!

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am looking for suggestions on some fruit flavored protein.

I dont really care for the dessert flavors, so optimally i aim for fruit flavors.

Ones ive tried:
Carnivor fruit punch (good but has a beef aftertaste Lol)
Isopure Apple melón (not that good, but tolerable)
Néctar (ok)
Gnc wheybolic extreme 60 fruit punch (loved this)

Ive also had all the isopurebottles, love these, but there not cost efficient for eveyday.
Here you go and you can get $5.00 off your order with my code too.

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/p-13070-dymatize-extended-release-xt.aspx
https://www.tgbsupplements.com/p-12936-dymatize-elite-fusion-7.aspx
https://www.tgbsupplements.com/m-287-dymatize.aspx

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
While I have not tried any of them True Nutrition has Orange Cream, Fruit Punch, Strawberry, and Banana.

I have tried all the Syntrax flavors. Some are quite good while others are not. Since flavor is subjective its tough to say whether you might like one or not. Syntrax does have a sample pack with many of their flavors for around $15 or $18.

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
that sounds like something i need to look into... good idea
I think it works great. I use a WPI as it blends up thinner and has slightly less flavor. It does change the flavor a little bit of just using the BCAAs but not to a great degree.

Someone could also use one of the many water flavor enhancers on the market today as well. That might be a little cheaper to go that route.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I buy unflavored protein and add some flavored BCAAs to flavor the protein.
that sounds like something i need to look into... good idea
Evomuse dsade came out with a great flavouring system for adding to unflavoured or vanilla powders. Great flavour options.

I just picked some up and plan to feature a few recipes and give a review on my thoughts soon.

Quadzilla99

Quadzilla99

Awards
  • Established
I just ordered some banana cream combat powder which I've heard a lot of good things about taste wise

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I just ordered some banana cream combat powder which I've heard a lot of good things about taste wise
Just don't get their triple berry. My trash can got those gains

aloosecannon

Awards
  • Established
Great tasting fruit flavored milkshake type proteins:
XF 2.0 banana and strawberry, SAN banana coconut and tropical berry

Juice like fruit flavors:
XF Lemonade
4Ever Fit fruit isolates
CL Gold Feast watermelon

bjornm

Awards
If you are looking for a clear type of protein (that works well with water) try out the sample pack of Nectar from Syntax. I see you have tried Nectar already, but you might find another flavor that you like more.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I know we have a few fruit flavored protein powders at strong. U'll have to go through and check them out. I usually just stick with the traditionally chocolate and vanilla cause I always mix mine with milk. Ha. But heres a link if u want to check.
http://www.strongsupplementshop.com/protein

Quadzilla99

Quadzilla99

Awards
  • Established
Any flavor of Combat Powder should be in the trash.
This duck fat eating Rob keeps recommending it as well as some other posters over on bb.com supp section plus the taste got a high rating in the store there...we'll see.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This duck fat eating Rob keeps recommending it as well as some other posters over on bb.com supp section plus the taste got a high rating in the store there...we'll see.
I should have phrased it as Combat Powder belongs in the trash period. It does have a good flavoring system, but I don't dig the profile.

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
I think fruit flavors should only be for pre workout and bcaas. The only one I have tried and kinda liked was metabolicnutritional strawberry. Other then that stick to the basics. I here nectar isn't bad though

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I got some Strawberry Met-X, not a big fan

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Universal Uni-Whey Strawberry Banana is also very good! You can probably find it on sale too since they launched their new whey product.

venicebeach

Awards
cant remember what brand but i bought some iced tea flavored isolate and damn, never switching back to plain whey. literally tastes like nestea except less sweat and a bit thicker but mmm. ill find the brand name if you are interested!

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
I tried fruity loopy phormula1. It had a god awful aftertaste. I also am not a fan of any strawberry proteins. For some reason they make me sick to my stomach

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I tried fruity loopy phormula1. It had a god awful aftertaste. I also am not a fan of any strawberry proteins. For some reason they make me sick to my stomach
I'm heartbroken :( that is one I've been looking forward to trying but could never bring myself to spend that much on a 2lb protein

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm heartbroken :( that is one I've been looking forward to trying but could never bring myself to spend that much on a 2lb protein
I tried it. It was good in milk. It was only a sample though.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
nectar is wonderful...crystal sky is one of my favorites so far, i might be in the minority but in those hot summer months when your dying after the gym, chocolates aren't always the most appealing flavors

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
nectar is wonderful...crystal sky is one of my favorites so far, i might be in the minority but in those hot summer months when your dying after the gym, chocolates aren't always the most appealing flavors
I just tried this whey isolate next bottle that I got from vitamin shoppe. It was next to the isopure RTD bottles. I got watermelon and it wasn't too bad. Lil cheaper then the isopure ones.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just tried this whey isolate next bottle that I got from vitamin shoppe. It was next to the isopure RTD bottles. I got watermelon and it wasn't too bad. Lil cheaper then the isopure ones.
they have nectar rtd's? i did not know that, the only vitamin shoppe near me is the mall so i don't frequent it to often

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Na, not nectar. It was some brand other brand.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Right now I am drinking a Met-RX Strawberry Shake with a banana blended in...Not The Best