T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
One in Three Supplements Are Fake

I believe I was just ripped off. Purchased a fish oil supplement from Amazon from seller, "Swanson Health Products" which I thought might have been the Amazon storefront for "Swanson Vitamins" which is a legitimate online store. Product looks real but doesn't have the lot number and expiration date printed on the bottom of the bottle like all other products/bottles do from this company. I've called the manufacturer of the product and explained the situation and they urged me not to consume the product saying that it is not safe. I've filed a claim through Amazon to get a refund. It sucks because their are a ton of legitimate Amazon storefronts. The good thing is that I should be able to get my money back.

This counterfeit supplement business seems to be picking up lately. I remember it recently happened at the beginning of 2014....

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/241500-counterfeit-cycle-assist.html

I think maybe it would be a good idea to keep this thread bumped and have people post any reports of counterfeiting in this thread to keep everyone updated. At least it might help people somewhat to check this thread first before making a purchase.

Discuss.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would really hate to be trying to buy a lot of US supps internationally, fakes are a relatively minor headache within the U.S., but an epidemic elsewhere.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
simple solution - don't buy supplements from amazon

http://www.primalpowermethod.com/why-you-should-never-buy-supplements-on-amazon-or-ebay-a-must-read-by-former-fda-special-agent-gary-collins/

look, I understand the whole "search for the best deal" mentality, really I do..
but if you cannot ascertain a legitimate sourcing, if it is not a legit site (as amazon is not for our company), then you are taking your own chances by navigating these waters....it's really that simple

as far as the first link you posted, 1-in-3 supps fake ... LMAO
that's the kind of misleading and fabricated journalism that does no one any good, and simply draws more ambivalence and false innuendo to what is a decidedly legitimate - yet very small - problem that is truly very easy to avoid

buy from verified and legit resalers .. /thread

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

http://www.primalpowermethod.com/why-you-should-never-buy-supplements-on-amazon-or-ebay-a-must-read-by-former-fda-special-agent-gary-collins/

look, I understand the whole "search for the best deal" mentality, really I do..
but if you cannot ascertain a legitimate sourcing, if it is not a legit site (as amazon is not for our company), then you are taking your own chances by navigating these waters....it's really that simple

that's the kind of misleading and fabricated journalism that does no one any good, and simply draws more ambivalence and false innuendo to what is a decidedly legitimate - yet very small - problem that is truly very easy to avoid

Even some "verified/legit resellers " are selling counterfeit products...stealstation is one

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Even some "verified/legit resellers " are selling counterfeit products...stealstation is one
not familiar with this - but isn't stealstation an ebay outfit?
that's not a legit resaler for us....

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
In for updated info. I was aware of some counterfeit products but fish oil is pretty crazy.

Swolljaboi

Awards
I will buy some name brand stuff on amazon if it is Prime just for the free shipping. Protein powder and the like. I wouldn't be buying any hormones or anything like that though.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
In for updated info. I was aware of some counterfeit products but fish oil is pretty crazy.
so is the fact that majority of real fish oil sitting on store shelves across the world is oxidized and rancid to begin with....

Swolljaboi

Awards
It isn't rancid... It is dry aged to perfection.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Yes I understand this. However what about legitimate Amazon storefronts?. I'm not talking about Merchant sellers. For instance All Star Heath has an Amazon storefront and also has a regular website. It's just a different way for the customers to order their products.

Where I went wrong is seeing the familiarity of the name "Swanson"...Where "Swanson Vitamins" is a legit website and the name on Amazon is "Swanson Health Products".....

So say if Finaflex has an official reseller named "Cool Supplements.com" which would be a real legit website. Now "Cool Supplements.com" sets up an Amazon storefront.....It would be safe to say that it would be safe to order from Amazon through the "Cool Supplements.com" storefront...Yes or no?

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Where I went wrong is seeing the familiarity of the name "Swanson"...Where "Swanson Vitamins" is a legit website and the name on Amazon is "Swanson Health Products".....
see the trickiness there?

So say if Finaflex has an official reseller named "Cool Supplements.com" which would be a real legit website. Now "Cool Supplements.com" sets up an Amazon storefront.....It would be safe to say that it would be safe to order from Amazon through the "Cool Supplements.com" storefront...Yes or no?
no sir - in fact, that would be a red flag

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well their are still some good sellers on Amazon that I've personally verified with the owners of independent websites they are associated with. I'm sure that there are a ton of shady guys selling fakes on Amazon but also legit sellers...Just have to do your homework before you place the order and be suspicious of any little thing out of the ordinary. After this I don't think I'll be ordering anymore supplements on Amazon anymore though. Other products though, that's a different story.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My favorite scummy thing on Amazon is when a few certain companies sell direct at prices their retail partners can't match.

And do so under different storefront names so that their retail partners don't catch on.

;)

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
My favorite scummy thing on Amazon is when a few certain companies sell direct at prices their retail partners can't match. And do so under different storefront names so that their retail partners don't catch on. ;)
Yeah that's beyond wrong. People think of anything these days

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I hated those counterfeit Pokemon cards as a kid. Jerks.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
not familiar with this - but isn't stealstation an ebay outfit?
that's not a legit resaler for us....
He has a ebay and Amazon store and has long been considered legit...I guess if these guys can make $10 nstead of $5 they go counterfeit.
...pretty much any seller in Hollywood fla, Hialeah, or surrounding suburbs is selling counterfeits

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I posted my opinion but it got deleted, sorry.

iddc

iddc

Awards
Very interesting

LEATHERFACE92

Banned
Awards
Shady mother****ers spike vitamins nowadays

what a shame

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
I just grabbed some Soy Lecithin from Swanson Heath Supplements off Amazon... I dont usually buy supps of Amazon.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well Amazon credited my card back....I still like them.
yeah Amazon only sent me one thing from a two pack I ordered before. They credited me and said keep the item we sent and you have credit for one day shipping. I was satisfied for sure.

Contaygious

Contaygious

Awards
  • Established
Never had issues from amazon and most times it is from legit stores selling through them anyway. Get ripped, nutra, etc. No one is counterfeiting your $8 lecithin lol, it's sold from swansonvitamins com but through amazon. Just read who you are buying from.

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Never had issues from amazon and most times it is from legit stores selling through them anyway. Get ripped, nutra, etc. No one is counterfeiting your $8 lecithin lol, it's sold from swansonvitamins com but through amazon. Just read who you are buying from.
Exactly what I posted but someone deleted it. Plenty of perfectly fine supplements on amazon.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've only had issues twice in over 10 years and each time I was able to get my money back.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Porky101 Anabolics 17
Nootropics 1
Anabolics 0
Anabolics 18
Chub Supplements 11