Getting blood done...

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys

Getting my bloods done on Friday.

Is it wise to stop all supplementation until I get the results?

I wanted to start ABE/Xgels/Viron/Formeron next Monday, but should I wait until I get the results to touch this?

Not sure if Xgels/ABE affects my e2

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Hey guys Getting my bloods done on Friday. Is it wise to stop all supplementation until I get the results? I wanted to start ABE/Xgels/Viron/Formeron next Monday, but should I wait until I get the results to touch this? Not sure if Xgels/ABE affects my e2
100% wait on supplements for the tests.
Most of those listed hit hormonal pathways and just to be safe I would avoid all.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
will taking viron this week skew my results a lot? Wont take it today/tomorrow and until I get my results back obv

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Does that include ABE and XGels?
To be safe yes.
Anacyclus and Forskolin could alter results

X-gels probably not but fir a few days of waiting I would play it safe

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Wait....If I've been taking Viron as a stable for the last month, surely its best to keep takign viron as thats going to be a stable in my blood? Driven2lift

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
To be safe yes.
Anacyclus and Forskolin could alter results

X-gels probably not but fir a few days of waiting I would play it safe
I wont be takign Xgels/ABE before my results. Will only take after =)

Profion

Awards
would be nice if you actually had taken the supplements to see their "effect" on those levels. To compare with your earlier blood tests.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Ive never had bloods taken. I will take bloods 4 weeks after taking it this friday to compare

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If this is your first draw, I would recommend stopping everything so you have a baseline to work off of. What are you getting tested?

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
If this is your first draw, I would recommend stopping everything so you have a baseline to work off of. What are you getting tested?
I said estrogen levels total test levels and free test. That's all I need right?

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Do you mean I should stay off supplements until I get the result back kisaj?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I said estrogen levels total test levels and free test. That's all I need right?
Well, that is really nothing without everything else. I guess the question is- why are you getting labs done? For my first draw to baseline, I got:

CBC with lipids
test
free test
e2
shbg

Full hormone panel:
TSH
FSH/LH
T4
t3
free t4
pregnenolone
DHEA
cortisol

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Well, that is really nothing without everything else. I guess the question is- why are you getting labs done? For my first draw to baseline, I got: CBC with lipids test free test e2 shbg Full hormone panel: TSH FSH/LH T4 t3 free t4 pregnenolone DHEA cortisol
Just getting blood done to see my levels, curious that's all.

Great, ill phone up tomorrow and request it to be changed to that

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
Joshlm69, would you mind providing me with your Liver enzyme results? (AST + ALT).

I have gotten elevated liver enzyme levels just in the past couple weeks and there is an ingredient/product I have seen you post about that we have both taken recently and It would be interesting to see if that is the cause or not. Thanks!

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Well, that is really nothing without everything else. I guess the question is- why are you getting labs done? For my first draw to baseline, I got:

CBC with lipids
test
free test
e2
shbg

Full hormone panel:
TSH
FSH/LH
T4
t3
free t4
pregnenolone
DHEA
cortisol
This^^^

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Joshlm69, would you mind providing me with your Liver enzyme results? (AST + ALT).

I have gotten elevated liver enzyme levels just in the past couple weeks and there is an ingredient/product I have seen you post about that we have both taken recently and It would be interesting to see if that is the cause or not. Thanks!
Actually, yes get your liver enzymes tested as well. Mine actually dropped while on Follidrone from high normal to low normal. So, interested on they look for you.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Liver will be captured in the comprehensive metabolic panel in the CBC.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Discontinue all supplements.
As was said getting your baseline is important

From experience, you would be surprised what this could find. I wouldn't risk masking any issues.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Discontinue all supplements. As was said getting your baseline is important From experience, you would be surprised what this could find. I wouldn't risk masking any issues.
Haven't had any supps this morning, won't tomorrow either.

Do you want me to not touch any supplements until I get the results?

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Doctor has called me in for an appointment today. Im guessing he just wants to know why I'm getting blood test done.

Ive printed off all the supplements Im wanting to take, with all the ingredients and will discuss with him.

Also going to request a CBC with lipids and full hormonal panel with e2 done

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established

If its covered in the CBC/hormonal panel then absolutely dude, ill be posting my results in my follidrone log thread =)

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
That's good get the tests done with nothing in you

I personally take nothing until I get results but that is just because I am commonly having additional testing ordered when a value comes back abnormal, if you are in good health I wouldn't worry as much about it

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
That's good get the tests done with nothing in you

I personally take nothing until I get results but that is just because I am commonly having additional testing ordered when a value comes back abnormal, if you are in good health I wouldn't worry as much about it
Cheers bud! Will keep myself empty for the blood test. Will probably start ABE and Xgels on monday. definitely wont touch viron and formeron until I get results though =)

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Just got back from doctors. They will test e2 bound test free test lipids and liver for free. Also total blood count etc

If my test or e2 come back abnormal , they will do my SGBG for free also.

For the first 10 mins he thought I was on steroids, until I had to explain anabolic wasn't anabolic steroids, hahahaha

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Monday morning as it has to be a fasted blood test. Also it gives time for supps to clear my system, another few days :)

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hey guys

Getting my bloods done on Friday.

Is it wise to stop all supplementation until I get the results?

I wanted to start ABE/Xgels/Viron/Formeron next Monday, but should I wait until I get the results to touch this?

Not sure if Xgels/ABE affects my e2
I'd recommend stopping most if not all supps until you get your bloods drawn unless they are supps that you take year round. Since you're just doing this for your own curiosity, there is no reason to not start your stack on Monday. So blood draw Friday, start stack on Monday, and plan on getting bloods after your run to compare :)

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
And just saw that your blood test is now on Monday, so just start the stack later that day after your blood draw.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
And just saw that your blood test is now on Monday, so just start the stack later that day after your blood draw.
That was the plan big man :). Only thing Im taking in betwen Yesterday and Monday are my multi vits. Wont be taking them Monday, until after I draw, as vitamins within 10 hours of the blood being taken can skew the results

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
What is your doctor's reaction when you tell him/her about all these supplements you are taking? Is it awkward since I feel like doctors view the supplement world as this voodoo wannabe medicine industry that sucks in vulnerable people that wanna get muscular quick such as ourselves?

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
What is your doctor's reaction when you tell him/her about all these supplements you are taking? Is it awkward since I feel like doctors view the supplement world as this voodoo wannabe medicine industry that sucks in vulnerable people that wanna get muscular quick such as ourselves?
He didn't really offer an opinion , to be honest I don't think he really knew what was going on given he thought I meant steroids the whole time. I guess all he's interested in is their effects on blood

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Hopefully getting results on this soon.

How long does it normally take for a GP to process blood work?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I get mine in 24 hours, but my wife usually has to wait a week or more.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Say my T comes back low, which I think is a possibility, whats the next step?
Wider spectrum of hormonal bloodwork
Possible pituitary MRI
Endo should start you on TRT

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Wider spectrum of hormonal bloodwork
Possible pituitary MRI
Endo should start you on TRT
Just I feel I cross check most things when understanding what low Test means, although isnt 25 a bit young to start TRT?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes it is. You really do not want to go on TRT unless every other possibility is ruled out. Outside of additional testing, you will want to start with a lifestyle eval. Getting enough rest, less stress, drinking habits, etc...All can play a major role in low test- if you have it.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Yes it is. You really do not want to go on TRT unless every other possibility is ruled out. Outside of additional testing, you will want to start with a lifestyle eval. Getting enough rest, less stress, drinking habits, etc...All can play a major role in low test- if you have it.
Im in bed for 9 hours a night, really bad ability to sleep though, takes me like an hour to fall asleep and always wake up in the night. No Stress really. I dont drink either =/

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok, that is all good. What I want to emphasize is making absolutely certain that everything is checked and rechecked before letting a doctor put you on TRT when you are <35. This goes for anyone.

Not trying to put the cart before the horse, but want you to be prepared to talk to your doc if he should come back with low T results. I'd be happy to walk you through tests and process if that happens.

dbenj7

Awards
Im in bed for 9 hours a night, really bad ability to sleep though, takes me like an hour to fall asleep and always wake up in the night. No Stress really. I dont drink either =/
This is crucial to find the route cause and fix, poor sleep will have a bad impact on your testosterone over time, I've had the same issue. Your testosterone results do look a bit on the low side for your age though if there is no major underlying issue there's no reason why you can't increase this naturally. I am the same age as you and increased mine from a similar result to over 20 nmol/l naturally. What is your diet like? Training intensity? Lifestyle? Stress? As kisaj said a full lifestyle evaluation is definitely the first place to start. Was this blood draw done first thing AM? Would have been interesting to see a cortisol reading. Your WBC count is reasonably low, I had the same problem when I was overtrained though please do not take this as medical advice as I am not a doctor

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks like more bloodwork support that Follidrone lowers LDL and raises HDL.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
This is crucial to find the route cause and fix, poor sleep will have a bad impact on your testosterone over time, I've had the same issue. Your testosterone results do look a bit on the low side for your age though if there is no major underlying issue there's no reason why you can't increase this naturally. I am the same age as you and increased mine from a similar result to over 20 nmol/l naturally. What is your diet like? Training intensity? Lifestyle? Stress? As kisaj said a full lifestyle evaluation is definitely the first place to start. Was this blood draw done first thing AM? Would have been interesting to see a cortisol reading. Your WBC count is reasonably low, I had the same problem when I was overtrained though please do not take this as medical advice as I am not a doctor
Ive always had bad sleep. Since I can remember, Its always taken me 1-2 hours to fall asleep. I really dont look forward to sleep, Its an absolute ball ache every single night. I normally have a smoke before bed to try and help me sleep. I've tried Abyss Unparalleled, ZMA, HGHPro, nothing has worked. I still take ZMA for the magnesium/zinc/b6 intake, but I realy dont think it helps me sleep what so ever.

Diet is as follows :
Wake up, 2 scoops of instant oats + 1 scoop protein + 1 scoop creatine, 3 opti men, 1 BLR viron, 4 goji berries
11am : cashew nuts
1pm : lunch , usually a wrap and a breast of southern fried chicken
3pm : toco 8 x2 scoops, cashew nuts
4pm : protein shake
5pm : 2 x follidrone 1 x viron
Gym - 1 hour weights, 15mins cardio. Very compound heavy, intense
Intra Workout : AminoIV
7 : post gym protein shake
7.45 : Dinner - Chicken, veg, carbs (usually mash potato)
Pre Bed : 3 ZMA

I rarely drink, dont have much stress to be honest.

Poor ventaliation at work which usually results in me getting a headache, however this is getting fixed in the next couple of weeks apparently.

How did you raise your test naturally? Ive been taking BLR Viron at 2 caps a day to try and get free test up

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Blood was also taken fasted at 9am. Hadnt had follidrone for a week, or viron for 3 days

dbenj7

Awards
Ive always had bad sleep. Since I can remember, Its always taken me 1-2 hours to fall asleep. I really dont look forward to sleep, Its an absolute ball ache every single night. I normally have a smoke before bed to try and help me sleep. I've tried Abyss Unparalleled, ZMA, HGHPro, nothing has worked. I still take ZMA for the magnesium/zinc/b6 intake, but I realy dont think it helps me sleep what so ever.

Diet is as follows :
Wake up, 2 scoops of instant oats + 1 scoop protein + 1 scoop creatine, 3 opti men, 1 BLR viron, 4 goji berries
11am : cashew nuts
1pm : lunch , usually a wrap and a breast of southern fried chicken
3pm : toco 8 x2 scoops, cashew nuts
4pm : protein shake
5pm : 2 x follidrone 1 x viron
Gym - 1 hour weights, 15mins cardio. Very compound heavy, intense
Intra Workout : AminoIV
7 : post gym protein shake
7.45 : Dinner - Chicken, veg, carbs (usually mash potato)
Pre Bed : 3 ZMA

I rarely drink, dont have much stress to be honest.

Poor ventaliation at work which usually results in me getting a headache, however this is getting fixed in the next couple of weeks apparently.

How did you raise your test naturally? Ive been taking BLR Viron at 2 caps a day to try and get free test up
First thing to do is find the underlying cause of this sleep issue. Need more info, do you know your total calories and macros? How many times a week are you training? Not sure if your carb intake is sufficient or not without more info. Looks like you need more saturated and monounsaturated fats - I like grassfed butter, olive oil, avocados, eggs etc. I'd personally forget about the supplements for the mean time and try to address the underlying issues first

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
I dont really count my calories, and I have no clue what macros actually means, always see it being mentioned but never know what its in reference too.

I train 5 x a week, 2 days of 5x5, 2 days of 4x10 and a core day.

Carbs are 2 scoops of oats in the morning, cashew nuts, a serving of mash potato with dinner for 2 people, Wrap with my chicken etc at lunch

I eat cashew nuts and a whole avacado every day for my fat. most days have fried egg in my wrap aswell.

Not taking supps related to sleep stuff as they clearly dont work, ZMA just for the ingredients

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As I mentioned in IM, estrogen is low, but low normal. That can affect libido. Outside of that, there is little that is out of normal on this test. We can't see free test or your other hormone levels on this so it is hard to say. Do you get enough sun? Supplement with vitamin D? Sometimes it can be as simple as that. Viron will increase free test, but we don't know your levels.

Cholesterol looks good, so that should not be impacting hormones.

The one little thing is globulin levels which may indicate you aren't getting all the protein you need from digestion. This level is right outside of normal, so maybe not a concern, but something to keep an eye on.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Heres my normal daily diet.

Apparently to put on 1lbs a week, I get enough calories / protein, but need more carbs. Should I get some dextrose to add to my post workout shake?

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
As I mentioned in IM, estrogen is low, but low normal. That can affect libido. Outside of that, there is little that is out of normal on this test. We can't see free test or your other hormone levels on this so it is hard to say. Do you get enough sun? Supplement with vitamin D? Sometimes it can be as simple as that. Viron will increase free test, but we don't know your levels.

Cholesterol looks good, so that should not be impacting hormones.

The one little thing is globulin levels which may indicate you aren't getting all the protein you need from digestion. This level is right outside of normal, so maybe not a concern, but something to keep an eye on.
I get Vitamin D (As Cholecalciferol) 300IU 75% from my Opti Men. Is that enough? I dont get that much sun at the mo, but a normal amount I would say, will make an effort this weekend to get outside as much as possible. Im a bit of a gamer so when im not with my gf i tend to game away.

How do I change how much protein I get from digestion, is there anyway to help it along?