Ursolic Acid

digitalpimp

digitalpimp

Awards
  • Established
I see this supplement is #21 on Nutraplanets Top 100 but I don't see much feedback about it.

Anyone on here tried it?

amarula

Awards
Hit or miss reviews as far as I can remember. Search for yourself in the review section or by using the search button

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
More popular when it first came out, def hit or miss...if you're looking to try it, I'd go with prototype nutrition's (a company of PA) UR spray...reviews of that are far better than oral ursolic acid...also Pump Spray, I've gone thru quite a few bottles and really enjoyed, mostly for the pump effect, only got slight leaning from...

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Yes I'm using it now but get prototype nutritions UR spray

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow, that UR spray seems to be kinda pricey
Innovative products tend to be a bit costlier.

If you wish to go with a cheaper route there is always E-pharms ursobolic. Just remember to take it with fat.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why do you say that?

Maybe I was a bit harsh. It never worked for me or lived up to claims even at 18 caps a day for 12 plus weeks. Still I haven't seen it live up to the claims with people using the trans-dermal versions either. There was never an effective dose, people started with 50 sprays, went to 100, and just kept spraying more. I've heard of it giving some pumps, maybe some leaning but nothing in sync with the actual claims.

Ursolic acid was also shown to accelerate muscle growth by as much as 15% when fed to normal mice. Interestingly, fat loss occurred simultaneously and at a rate practically inversely proportional to muscle gain. It was almost as if fat was turning into muscle!

digitalpimp

digitalpimp

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys, don't believe I'll be trying this supplement

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Maybe I was a bit harsh. It never worked for me or lived up to claims even at 18 caps a day for 12 plus weeks. Still I haven't seen it live up to the claims with people using the trans-dermal versions either. There was never an effective dose, people started with 50 sprays, went to 100, and just kept spraying more. I've heard of it giving some pumps, maybe some leaning but nothing in sync with the actual claims.
Ok lol it's worked wonders for me transdermally. I was in a cut and started to lose strength drastically. Within 2 weeks of being on the UR spray my strength is back to where it was when I was bulking and my weight continues to drop in a caloric deficit. I've read peer reviewed study after study on the effectiveness of Ursolic acid. To be quite honest you are the first person I've ever heard call UR spray a joke. JBry likes it he uses it as a myostayin inhibitor. As far as I know Coop likes the TD version and other highly respected members of the board use it. My vascularity had been gone for such a long time and it's finally back thanks to UR spray. I'm super thirsty and hot ALL THE TIME. People just aren't using it the way it's supposed to be used. Exfoliate with an extremely hot shower and soap, apply spray, wait 5 minutes, moisturize and if you're up to it you can wrap yourself is plastic wrap it's called occlusion (lol yea no one will do this I bet)

JD261985

Banned
Awards
I think this initial response sums it up
Do you guys research the ingredients you use or do you just go by feel? Just an FYI just because you don't feel something crazy going on does not mean it's not doing something in the body

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Do you guys research the ingredients you use or do you just go by feel? Just an FYI just because you don't feel something crazy going on does not mean it's not doing something in the body
Research will tell you it has atrocious bioavailability.

Personal experience, using 3 bottles at over triple the dose, verified this for me.

Spray is another story

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok lol it's worked wonders for me transdermally. I was in a cut and started to lose strength drastically. Within 2 weeks of being on the UR spray my strength is back to where it was when I was bulking and my weight continues to drop in a caloric deficit. I've read peer reviewed study after study on the effectiveness of Ursolic acid. To be quite honest you are the first person I've ever heard call UR spray a joke. JBry likes it he uses it as a myostayin inhibitor. As far as I know Coop likes the TD version and other highly respected members of the board use it. My vascularity had been gone for such a long time and it's finally back thanks to UR spray. I'm super thirsty and hot ALL THE TIME. People just aren't using it the way it's supposed to be used. Exfoliate with an extremely hot shower and soap, apply spray, wait 5 minutes, moisturize and if you're up to it you can wrap yourself is plastic wrap it's called occlusion (lol yea no one will do this I bet)
There are many other products for much less money that work much much better at smaller reasonable dosages with less hassle. I don't believe there were any human studies done on ursolic acid and I'm not a rat. If it actually did what it claims to do there would be a lot more products with ursolic acid in them, and they wouldn't just be "Proto-types".

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you used the spray?

There are a lot of products on the market with no human studies done on it, welcome to the supplement world.

Companies know that ursolic acids bioavailability is low so most dont want to mess with it. Pat has found a novel way to make it bioavailable via transdermal.

Also 50 sprays for me works and works well but we cant help if people use more to see what it'll do. We also recommend just covering your body in a light coat.

Piledahlaren

Piledahlaren

Awards
  • Established
I prefer UR Spray over Pump Spray.. will never buy tablets/caps more uptake is like 1-2% lol ? :\

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I prefer UR Spray over Pump Spray.. will never buy tablets/caps more uptake is like 1-2% lol ? :\
I do too. Maybe it's placebo because the only difference is a slight reduction in UA content, but pump spray just didn't provide the same rapid effects I saw with ur spray. I do think oral ursolic acid is bunk at this point, but ur spray is something worth trying if you have the cash

Piledahlaren

Piledahlaren

Awards
  • Established
I do too. Maybe it's placebo because the only difference is a slight reduction in UA content, but pump spray just didn't provide the same rapid effects I saw with ur spray. I do think oral ursolic acid is bunk at this point, but ur spray is something worth trying if you have the cash
Same for me! I could see the effect from UR Spray in week 2-3.. from Pump Spray not so much.. but I love it anyway ;) feeling pumped up in the gym

DNasteee

Awards
I think they added Arginine to UR Spray? As someone who is prone to cold sores I imagine this could cause a flare up?

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think they added Arginine to UR Spray? As someone who is prone to cold sores I imagine this could cause a flare up?
I am cold sore prone and have yet to get them on UR spray but everyone is different.

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
More popular when it first came out, def hit or miss...if you're looking to try it, I'd go with prototype nutrition's (a company of PA) UR spray...reviews of that are far better than oral ursolic acid...also Pump Spray, I've gone thru quite a few bottles and really enjoyed, mostly for the pump effect, only got slight leaning from...
Money grab...