Ephedrine effects on Digestion

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Yaaaaaa

I take it with a huge cheat meal with a b complex and recompadrol and MP

Ill almost always have a good poo soon after and feel like the meal never affected me negatively
Lol good to know

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Thanks for posting up this thread. I never knew to take EC with only 10-20 mL of water, very interesting read for sure.
Same. Been doing that wrong...
Hard to take with a preworkout that needs 10oz. Water...

Also is this slowed digestion over the whole half life of E? Or just if taken too close

rphash49

Awards
"Ephedrines effects, from the lack of insulin, to LPL regulation, revolve around a fasted state.

Taking ephedrine with food, on a full stomach, or within 1 hour of eating is like pissing it down the drain.

ffs, this is why there is 5-10 threads/week about how 'EC DOESN' WORK'"

I thought that was a good post. I dont always do this right. Good info

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I use it 2 hours from food, before and after, for my preworkout dose.

This should still get the fatburning effects, but will it still be limiting my GI motility by the time I eat?

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why would you want to take it close to a meal? For me the best attribute of EC is the appetite suppression. I prefer at least 2 hours before eating.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Why would you want to take it close to a meal? For me the best attribute of EC is the appetite suppression. I prefer at least 2 hours before eating.
If that is in regards ti EBF's post, taken closer to a meal would make it somewhat of a GDA. By slowing carb digestion, lowered glycemic impact.

I've never heard of it used like that but leave it to EBF to find every way possible to manipulate his glucose uptake/digestion.

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If that is in regards ti EBF's post, taken closer to a meal would make it somewhat of a GDA. By slowing carb digestion, lowered glycemic impact. I've never heard of it used like that but leave it to EBF to find every way possible to manipulate his glucose uptake/digestion.
Interesting. Hadn't heard this. I just love the way it makes me forget about foot altogether.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is extremely interesting and explains why I've been getting bubble gut lately, my schedule changed so I am eating about 1-2 hours after an EC dose (dosed empty stomach) and it feels like I never digest my food... In the past I have always taken EC away from good by AT LEAST 3 hours Always (following IF) my feed window got pushed back, and I've run into digestive issues.. Interesting stuff here

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Definitely a factor if dosed close to food

Also with long term use it contributes to insulin resistance, so carby meals can really fill you out

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Definitely a factor if dosed close to food

Also with long term use it contributes to insulin resistance, so carby meals can really fill you out
Whattt really?! Long term as In what? I've seen the studies showing safety up to 24 weeks. I'm currently in week 13 or 14. I do use a gda prior to meals.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Whattt really?! Long term as In what? I've seen the studies showing safety up to 24 weeks. I'm currently in week 13 or 14. I do use a gda prior to meals.
Never came across a specific study with a duration of use but in general it is an effect of beta agonists

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well furk.

All I know is that I had blood done in July (8 weeks into EC) and it was done at night around 9 pm after a full day of eating. My last meal had come about 1.5 hour prior and was pretty carb heavy... My glucose was only 80! That's pretty damn good at the end of the day and following a heavy carb meal. I mean, if one uses EC 4-6 months a year with a 6-8 month break... And isn't eating shtty food, what are the real possibilities it causes type 2 diabetes?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Well furk. All I know is that I had blood done in July (8 weeks into EC) and it was done at night around 9 pm after a full day of eating. My last meal had come about 1.5 hour prior and was pretty carb heavy... My glucose was only 80! That's pretty damn good at the end of the day and following a heavy carb meal. I mean, if one uses EC 4-6 months a year with a 6-8 month break... And isn't eating shtty food, what are the real possibilities it causes type 2 diabetes?
Oh minimal, in athletic and healthy individuals I wouldn't see it being an issue. Coop said before that he saw no issue with long runs of EC

However it is a factor, and this would mean that outside of a cut it may hinder our hypertrophy goals. Although it does increase nitrogen retention and strength while low carb.

Would be interested on Coops thoughts on EC use in a lean bulk or moderate-high carb diet.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh minimal, in athletic and healthy individuals I wouldn't see it being an issue. Coop said before that he saw no issue with long runs of EC

However it is a factor, and this would mean that outside of a cut it may hinder our hypertrophy goals. Although it does increase nitrogen retention and strength while low carb.

Would be interested on Coops thoughts on EC use in a lean bulk or moderate-high carb diet.
Well that's how I am utilizing it currently; a lean bulk using carb cycling. Low days are ~150g, high is double that. 4-5 high days with 2-3 low days. Increased fats on low days. My bodyweight has actually stayed the same so it's turned into a solid recomp, and that's why i haven't really increased cals, but ive lost 3 Inches on my waist... I'm a 30 now, I was 33 in July. I shrank a shirt size in my trunk, but I've gained strength and definition, and increased arm size slightly. It's really hitting the "problem" areas, especially since I added started using norcodrene for my caffeine source! Needless to really say, the body composition changes have been quite impressive without any super strict dieting, and a relatively laid back training program (by my standards). I can't even do any cardio besides the recumbent bike due to an ongoing injury. I have no sled to push, or kettle bells to do any weighed carries with, so my overall training intensity and volume has dropped dramatically since I moved in June... And I've only leaned out and hardened up.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
EC should work on a bulk. It's obviously not the best way to use it since appetite suppression is where EC really shines, but it does appear to upregulate the b3 receptor longterm, meaning that you can tap into fat stores and "recomp" more easily when using EC in a caloric surplus.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Thanks mr.cooper69

Was I on track regarding its effects on insulin resistance?

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
EC should work on a bulk. It's obviously not the best way to use it since appetite suppression is where EC really shines, but it does appear to upregulate the b3 receptor longterm, meaning that you can tap into fat stores and "recomp" more easily when using EC in a caloric surplus.
This is what I was trying to indicate and explain with my results