Anyone taking fish oil?

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
How much do you take every day? Have you actually noticed the effects?

Any negative sides? I seem to remember Bobo saying something about possibly overdosing on vitamin A&D from fish oil, but as far as I know, those vitamins are only high in cod liver oil.

I'm also taking some flax oil & milled flax seeds, so I'm not sure if I should bother w/ the fish oil or not.

lozgod

lozgod

Awards
  • Established
How much do you take every day? Have you actually noticed the effects?

Any negative sides? I seem to remember Bobo saying something about possibly overdosing on vitamin A&D from fish oil, but as far as I know, those vitamins are only high in cod liver oil.

I'm also taking some flax oil & milled flax seeds, so I'm not sure if I should bother w/ the fish oil or not.
Overdosing on vitamins A and D from fish oil??????? Not going to happen. I am taking it. It really isn't something with noticable effects, your heart will thank you for taking it. If you want to see some effects get your blood lipids done before you start it, then get them done again in 6 weeks.

theamazing3000

Awards
  • Established
when dieting i take about 20 grams. when not about 6.

mtruther

mtruther

Awards
I think overdosing on vitamins A & D is really only a conern with cod liver oil, which is high in both.

Gumbo

Gumbo

Awards
I just recently added Fish Oil along with Hemp oil to my regular Flax/Borage oil mix. Getting enough of the right fats in your diet will do wonders.

Gumbo

biggjohn

Banned
Awards
If I have regular fish oil (180mg EPA/120 DHA per cap) I'll take 2 with 3 or 4 meals per day. Pharm grade fish oil I take about 1 or 2 capsules per day (580 mg EPA/460 mg DHA) with meals.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I just recently added Fish Oil along with Hemp oil to my regular Flax/Borage oil mix. Getting enough of the right fats in your diet will do wonders.

Gumbo
Hemp oil.. Trying to get some extra vitamin K?

The fish oil can be purchaced with A/D intentionally lowered if high doses are to be sustained. I add it to the baby's formula for the extra DHA/EPA advantage. I take reg, cheap fish oil gels because I only take a few g's/d. Flax is my choice oil.

Ziv

Ziv

Carlos Hath****
Awards
fish oil

usually i take 6g of fish body oil and 6g of flaxseed oil a day.
I think i am gonna keep taking it until i die. LOL

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I think fish oil caps are suspended in tocopherols (vit e).

Cod liver is high in A and D but being a natural form it'd probably be hard to OD on it..especially since its nasty.