Pre-Workouts doesn't work for me

gabriel_m

Awards
Hi,

I never tryied any PW before, so after reading many good reviews I decided to purchase PES Enhanced and a Beta-Alanine.

1st day - 1 Scoop of PES Enhanced 1 hour after a solid meal = nothing
2nd day - 2 Scoop of PES Enhanced 1:30 hour after a solid meal = nothing
3rd day - 2.5 Scoop of PES Enhanced 1:30 after a Whey Protein shake = nothing
4th day - Tried 1 Scoop of my friend Optimum PRE- and he proved my PES Enhanced, kicked him, nothing to me too

I tried Beta-Alanine in caps from ***.
6th day - 4caps (3.2g of BA) = nothing
7th day - 6 caps (4.8g of BA) = nothing

I tried BA + PES Enhanced and nothing too!

Wtf do i have?

murk01

murk01

Awards
Hi,

I never tryied any PW before, so after reading many good reviews I decided to purchase PES Enhanced and a Beta-Alanine.

1st day - 1 Scoop of PES Enhanced 1 hour after a solid meal = nothing
2nd day - 2 Scoop of PES Enhanced 1:30 hour after a solid meal = nothing
3rd day - 2.5 Scoop of PES Enhanced 1:30 after a Whey Protein shake = nothing
4th day - Tried 1 Scoop of my friend Optimum PRE- and he proved my PES Enhanced, kicked him, nothing to me too

I tried Beta-Alanine in caps from ***.
6th day - 4caps (3.2g of BA) = nothing
7th day - 6 caps (4.8g of BA) = nothing

I tried BA + PES Enhanced and nothing too!

Wtf do i have?
never tried enhanced but most pre's req an empty stomach. enhanced might be diff.

what r u looking for in ur PWO.
Stim, pump, focus, vasc, energy?

ur answer may be 10$ and a trip to the drug store

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Try Enhanced on an empty stomach.

Two scoop dosage is too strong for the majority of people when dosed like this.

AnabolicJuich

AnabolicJuich

Banned
Awards
you should try GAT Nitraflex it will pump your ass up!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I very rarely get any added energy from PWO supps. It does not matter if I take them on an empty stomach or not. For some reason, I have a very high tolerance to stims, you might too OP.

gabriel_m

Awards
Try Enhanced on an empty stomach.

Two scoop dosage is too strong for the majority of people when dosed like this.
What do you mean by empty stomach? I usually train at 7~8 PM.

When should I do my last meal?

kenny76

kenny76

Awards
  • Established
What do you mean by empty stomach? I usually train at 7~8 PM.

When should I do my last meal?[ /QUOTE]

I wouldnt eat after lunch till after i work out if i was working out at that time, but i prefer working out fasted regardless of my pwo status. I fast 16 hrs everyday, Taking my pwo at about 13.5 hrs fasted. Enhanced makes me feel like superman within 15 min at thst point.

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
I know a guy like this who gets no effect from preworkouts or otc stims granted he used to be on the meth pretty bad so his adrenals are probably fried

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
for all of you who say "take it empty stomach" - if you'll read OP, he was minimium 1hr postfood
that is plenty sufficient and most certainly qualifies as "empty stomach" for preWO purposes

I wouldnt eat after lunch till after i work out if i was working out at that time, but i prefer working out fasted regardless of my pwo status. I fast 16 hrs everyday, Taking my pwo at about 13.5 hrs fasted. Enhanced makes me feel like superman within 15 min at thst point.
that was a ridiculous answer..telling someone to take their preWO 13hrs fasted??
wow..you are one of the very few who practice IF..okay so good for you
this individual protocol has nothing to do with the majority (vast majority) of ppl who train/utilize preWO supps in normal fashion, that being
meal 60-90min preWO
product 30-45min preWO
(rough guidelines)

OP - so you have tried a single product, by a single company..and you come to the conclusion preWOs are just not for you?
(btw - BA is not a preWO product, it is simply a single compound)
the obvious answer here is, try another product..everybody searching for a reason why one particular product doesn't work for this guy, and nobody suggests to simply try something else? LOL

here's a good one for you to try: Ignite2
http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/redefine-nutrition/finaflex-ignite-2-30-servings.html?sel=4527

cheers

kenny76

kenny76

Awards
  • Established
Read more carefully there buddy. Nowhere do i suggest hr go 13 hrs, just saying thats what i enjoy. I suggested he hold off on dinner till after his workout.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Read more carefully there buddy. Nowhere do i suggest hr go 13 hrs, just saying thats what i enjoy. I suggested he hold off on dinner till after his workout.
lol
okay buddy, it looks as if you like to argue..sorry but i'll pass, no interest
I can read just fine, and yes since you want to dissect things I can obviously see you say that's what YOU do -- isn't that a recommendation?

btw - nowhere in your post do you suggest he hold off on dinner until after his workout
you may think that's what you said, but it does not come out in print like that
for your edification:

in any event - when you are part of a small segment that practices IF, your own protocols really do not help anyone who practice more traditional and time-tested approaches..just some fyi for your future helpful responses on here

kenny76

kenny76

Awards
  • Established
lol
okay buddy, it looks as if you like to argue..sorry but i'll pass, no interest
I can read just fine, and yes since you want to dissect things I can obviously see you say that's what YOU do -- isn't that a recommendation?

btw - nowhere in your post do you suggest he hold off on dinner until after his workout
you may think that's what you said, but it does not come out in print like that
for your edification:

in any event - when you are part of a small segment that practices IF, your own protocols really do not help anyone who practice more traditional and time-tested approaches..just some fyi for your future helpful responses on here
Relax there my friend. I dont like to argue, have never been anything but cordial on here. Just putting in my 2 cents, it works for me, maybe it would for him. Agree that the way i worded it was not real clear.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Relax there my friend. I dont like to argue, have never been anything but cordial on here. Just putting in my 2 cents, it works for me, maybe it would for him. Agree that the way i worded it was not real clear.
fair enough

I guess my point here is: the fella obviously does not practice IF
so if your advice to him is to employ IF, perhaps you should have come out and just said that
and then - we would be going from the OP who just wants to know why his first-ever preWO product is failing him, to you coming in advising IF to rectify....at which point, I would still be in here wagging my tongue and having a problem with such advice espoused

do you hear me now? :D

fyi - if you cannot tell, I am adamantly opposed to IF philosophy
if you feel it works for you, great
but if you or anyone else spout IF as the great be-all/end-all that fixes all problems, i'll be here to step in and have my say on the matter

in any event, take care and best

kenny76

kenny76

Awards
  • Established
How bout this. Lots of comapnies give out samples, maybe you can find one that works before you buy. Im currently enjoying powermax and they give out 2 samples with 2 full scoops each. Also one of the usp labs reps may be able to hook you up with a sample of micro if you ask. Then you may be able to trade your enhanced on the supplement auction.

gabriel_m

Awards
for all of you who say "take it empty stomach" - if you'll read OP, he was minimium 1hr postfood
that is plenty sufficient and most certainly qualifies as "empty stomach" for preWO purposes

that was a ridiculous answer..telling someone to take their preWO 13hrs fasted??
wow..you are one of the very few who practice IF..okay so good for you
this individual protocol has nothing to do with the majority (vast majority) of ppl who train/utilize preWO supps in normal fashion, that being
meal 60-90min preWO
product 30-45min preWO
(rough guidelines)

OP - so you have tried a single product, by a single company..and you come to the conclusion preWOs are just not for you?
(btw - BA is not a preWO product, it is simply a single compound)
the obvious answer here is, try another product..everybody searching for a reason why one particular product doesn't work for this guy, and nobody suggests to simply try something else? LOL

here's a good one for you to try: Ignite2

cheers
Thanks for your answer

I tried Optimum Pre- too.

I'll look for another PW and give another chance.

The problem is 99% of PW contains CitMal, BA or Caffeine. Which gave me no effects.

gabriel_m

Awards
How bout this. Lots of comapnies give out samples, maybe you can find one that works before you buy. Im currently enjoying powermax and they give out 2 samples with 2 full scoops each. Also one of the usp labs reps may be able to hook you up with a sample of micro if you ask. Then you may be able to trade your enhanced on the supplement auction.
Where can I get free samples?

If you prefer answer me with PM

Sprinterguy4

Sprinterguy4

Awards
Enhanced rarely gives me a euphoria I can feel.i dont feel the energy/euphoria if im extremely tired already (usually on mondays). I also dont feel euphoria from it unless im 4+ hours fasted. there is almost never an energy I can feel, but a feeling of being able to do more after im done. Maybe the OP is looking for a euphoric energy, 5hour energy use to give me one when i was a supplement n00b.

kenny76

kenny76

Awards
  • Established
Enhanced rarely gives me a euphoria I can feel.i dont feel the energy/euphoria if im extremely tired already (usually on mondays). I also dont feel euphoria from it unless im 4+ hours fasted. there is almost never an energy I can feel, but a feeling of being able to do more after im done. Maybe the OP is looking for a euphoric energy, 5hour energy use to give me one when i was a supplement n00b.
A 5hr still does me alright in a pinch. Maybe his answer is simply a few hundred mgs of caffeine.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Where can I get free samples?

If you prefer answer me with PM
Hey Man I have a relatively high tolerance to conventional stims as well. Check out my PNI Pre work out log for Prodigy that I’m running and hit up Cary k and Im sure that he will shoot you a sample or know some one who can. Its not going to get you all twacky but you should notice an extra little kick.
Cheers

gabriel_m

Awards
UPDATING.

Yesterday I tried 2 scoops of Optimum PRE- and 1 scoop of PES Enhanced

Results: strong headache, upset stomach(almost vomited in the gym) , diarrhea after.

AnabolicJuich

AnabolicJuich

Banned
Awards
UPDATING.

Yesterday I tried 2 scoops of Optimum PRE- and 1 scoop of PES Enhanced

Results: strong headache, upset stomach(almost vomited in the gym) , diarrhea after.
you gotta stop doin dat. mix pre workout isn't a good idea. have you been tried Ephedrine ?

JDog479

Awards
Uhhhh. I'm gonna have to ask. Have you ever stopped taking anything with Caffine for a period if time? Honestly it just sounds like you've built up a hefty resistance to stims.

I used to be in the same boat until I actually did what the directions told me on the containers and cycle off for a bit.

I would seriously try just staying off of anything for a couple weeks. Worked for me.

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
No need to get fancy just pop some aspirin and caffeine.. Obviously not everyday but aspirin thins your blood and the caffeine hits ya way hard

gabriel_m

Awards
you gotta stop doin dat. mix pre workout isn't a good idea. have you been tried Ephedrine ?
I never tried Ephedrine. I never tried PW/Caffeine any stimulants before

Uhhhh. I'm gonna have to ask. Have you ever stopped taking anything with Caffine for a period if time? Honestly it just sounds like you've built up a hefty resistance to stims.

I used to be in the same boat until I actually did what the directions told me on the containers and cycle off for a bit.

I would seriously try just staying off of anything for a couple weeks. Worked for me.
Like I said, I never tried any PW/Caffeine/Stimulants before

No need to get fancy just pop some aspirin and caffeine.. Obviously not everyday but aspirin thins your blood and the caffeine hits ya way hard
Never heard about this mix Aspirin/Caffeine

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
for all of you who say "take it empty stomach" - if you'll read OP, he was minimium 1hr postfoodthat is plenty sufficient and most certainly qualifies as "empty stomach" for preWO purposes
I was one of the people who recommended he tried it on an empty stomach.

His pre workout in question was Enhanced which has a yohimbe extract as an ingredient.

As someone who has experimented heavily with Enhanced as well as a powdered version of the extract solo, I can assure you that the effects are much more noticeable when taken two hours after food instead of one.

gmanall

Awards
@OP

Have you ever had coffee/energy drink? If so have you ever felt any effects? How old are you? My advice is if you don't "feel" anything from caffeine, yohimbe ect. maybe try a non stim preworkout like Focus XT CF for a more nootropic focus.

dieseljay74

dieseljay74

Awards
For me it's brand for whatever reason.... Different ingredients or amounts.
NO Xplode never felt anything from. White Flood is a world better. Now I actually do get more pumped along with an increase in focus on my lifts

gabriel_m

Awards
I was one of the people who recommended he tried it on an empty stomach.

His pre workout in question was Enhanced which has a yohimbe extract as an ingredient.

As someone who has experimented heavily with Enhanced as well as a powdered version of the extract solo, I can assure you that the effects are much more noticeable when taken two hours after food instead of one.
Tried 3 hours after a solid meal :(

@OP

Have you ever had coffee/energy drink? If so have you ever felt any effects? How old are you? My advice is if you don't "feel" anything from caffeine, yohimbe ect. maybe try a non stim preworkout like Focus XT CF for a more nootropic focus.
Yes, no effects. I'm 23.

I'll try another PW and im going to update here.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you used two scoops of Enhanced three hours after a meal and didn't notice any energy from it then you must be one of very few people with a high stimulant threshold than me lol.

For most people, two scoops is too strong. Most people seem to be using 1.5. :)

bill86

bill86

Awards
  • Established
maybe you're like me... stimulants/a lot of preworkouts don't make me more focused/driven/awake per se, they just kind of jack me up some. it's not really like i drink them and then i'm "ready to go" or "kill the weights" as some people say. at best they just keep me from falling asleep and at worst they make me feel like im going to have an anxiety attack. i often don't take them on days when i'm working large muscle groups because they just make me anxious/make my heart beat fast, couple that with intense heavy lifting and it just makes things worse.

i suppose it's probably a placebo effect, but i honestly think hemavol is the best pwo ive tried in years. it doesn't have stimulants, so i don't understand why i get so focused/feel so good on it in the gym, but i do. maybe it's also because i'm not as anxious and my heart isn't racing from all the stims offered in other pwo's, so i don't feel as compelled to hold back (there were times after taking 1,3 that i had to leave the gym because i was scared i was going to have a heart attack from being so "jacked up" on top of heavy, hard lifting... who knows what my blood pressure was during workouts while on the original 1-mr......but even then.... i wasn't really 'focused' or 'ready to go').

bill86

bill86

Awards
  • Established
or.... maybe i just have the wrong idea of what preworkouts are supposed to do, haha. i mean, if i were to take the maximum dosage of something, i would just sit around with my heart racing feeling like **** and not want to workout.

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
Op instead of taking a boatload of stims try taking a look at your diet and training. If its a pump your chasing you should be able to get one without a pwo.. The addition of a pwo would just make it a more intense pump..if its energy your looking diet should provide your body with a good amount of the right nutrients to support clean energy. Again the addition of a pwo just enhances the amount of energy. I recently realized i dont even need a preworkout when i hired a personal trainer. He pushes me way harder than i thought i cud go and taking a pwo just ruined my workout because i couldn't finish with the insane pumps i was getting. Even if for some crazy reason your a non responder to stimulants you really don't need them so don't fixate on needing a pwo

gabriel_m

Awards
maybe you're like me... stimulants/a lot of preworkouts don't make me more focused/driven/awake per se, they just kind of jack me up some. it's not really like i drink them and then i'm "ready to go" or "kill the weights" as some people say. at best they just keep me from falling asleep and at worst they make me feel like im going to have an anxiety attack. i often don't take them on days when i'm working large muscle groups because they just make me anxious/make my heart beat fast, couple that with intense heavy lifting and it just makes things worse.

i suppose it's probably a placebo effect, but i honestly think hemavol is the best pwo ive tried in years. it doesn't have stimulants, so i don't understand why i get so focused/feel so good on it in the gym, but i do. maybe it's also because i'm not as anxious and my heart isn't racing from all the stims offered in other pwo's, so i don't feel as compelled to hold back (there were times after taking 1,3 that i had to leave the gym because i was scared i was going to have a heart attack from being so "jacked up" on top of heavy, hard lifting... who knows what my blood pressure was during workouts while on the original 1-mr......but even then.... i wasn't really 'focused' or 'ready to go').
That's exactly like me.

Op instead of taking a boatload of stims try taking a look at your diet and training. If its a pump your chasing you should be able to get one without a pwo.. The addition of a pwo would just make it a more intense pump..if its energy your looking diet should provide your body with a good amount of the right nutrients to support clean energy. Again the addition of a pwo just enhances the amount of energy. I recently realized i dont even need a preworkout when i hired a personal trainer. He pushes me way harder than i thought i cud go and taking a pwo just ruined my workout because i couldn't finish with the insane pumps i was getting. Even if for some crazy reason your a non responder to stimulants you really don't need them so don't fixate on needing a pwo
I always trained without PW and that was never a problem but after seeing many good reviews about PES Enhanced and many others PW I decided to try and see what happen.

My diet is ok.

I got a BPI 1MR sample. Later I update with the results.

AnabolicJuich

AnabolicJuich

Banned
Awards
1MR is pure ****. you should try GAT Nitraflex . and if it won't pump your ass up. try ECA . ( Ephedrine&Caffeine&Aspirin )

gabriel_m

Awards
I was going to purchase an ALCAR but If I'm that tolerant with caffeine im gonna be tolerant with alcar too?

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
I was going to purchase an ALCAR but If I'm that tolerant with caffeine im gonna be tolerant with alcar too?
lol
alcar is not a preWO either, and has nothing to do with caffeine

I think you should just go into a store, look around and pick something out with a pretty package..
if it doesn't work then pick out something else, repeat

you need to start getting some education and real-life experience, and it ain't gonna come from this thread
you have been given some decent advice here, and have yet to try what has been suggested

gabriel_m

Awards
lol
alcar is not a preWO either, and has nothing to do with caffeine

I think you should just go into a store, look around and pick something out with a pretty package..
if it doesn't work then pick out something else, repeat

you need to start getting some education and real-life experience, and it ain't gonna come from this thread
you have been given some decent advice here, and have yet to try what has been suggested
Sometimes it's better to ask than wasting money.

Thanks for the info, I'll try a bulk alcar :)

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have been feeling more from stim-free than I have stims. Give Omega Ultima a try.

I find that Ultima, Hemavol, and Ultra Reps give me more "umph" than the stim products.