Help - Supps for social anxiety

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.37%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Help - Supps for social anxiety

Hi guys,Not sure who else to ask this question. I don't know another group of people as intelligent and widely read as you. I don't suffer anxiety and I'm pretty confident in my abilities generally, but what I don't like and never have is being in situations involving a new group of people, particularly professionals. In the past I've managed to get away with this, but now in my career I'm expected to join and run meetings/teams of people in situations where I have little knowledge of the subject.I ran a meeting today and the feedback from the Partner who leads the work was that I did not inspire confidence. I felt this because I was never in complete control because it was a group meeting involving a client. My mind was jumping around and couldn't think of the next word and there were many pauses. The meeting wasn't fast paced and sharp, possibly because my voice was monotone.So what supplements, Noept, bacopa etc, have people taken that have helped in these sorts of situations? Beyond supplements, are there any hints or tips that have proved effective for them.Any advice at all is welcome - this will greatly affect my career and could be the difference between being promoted in a years time or notThanks

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.38%

Another thread around here mentions Focus-XT and it's benefits in this area.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.85%

Quote Originally Posted by saggy321 View Post
    Hi guys,Not sure who else to ask this question. I don't know another group of people as intelligent and widely read as you. I don't suffer anxiety and I'm pretty confident in my abilities generally, but what I don't like and never have is being in situations involving a new group of people, particularly professionals. In the past I've managed to get away with this, but now in my career I'm expected to join and run meetings/teams of people in situations where I have little knowledge of the subject.I ran a meeting today and the feedback from the Partner who leads the work was that I did not inspire confidence. I felt this because I was never in complete control because it was a group meeting involving a client. My mind was jumping around and couldn't think of the next word and there were many pauses. The meeting wasn't fast paced and sharp, possibly because my voice was monotone.So what supplements, Noept, bacopa etc, have people taken that have helped in these sorts of situations? Beyond supplements, are there any hints or tips that have proved effective for them.Any advice at all is welcome - this will greatly affect my career and could be the difference between being promoted in a years time or notThanks

It sounds to me like your biggest issue is being able to focus when you're in a social environment with those who you've not yet met. This is somewhat different than traditional social anxiety, so I'd say you should handle it differently also.

How do you react to stimulants -- do you find they give you a benefit in focus? An overall improvement in well being from nootropics would possibly help also.

Give SNS Focus XT a shot (it's well priced) and see if it makes any difference. If so but you want more, you could look at other nootropics.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.44%

I think one thing that really helped me was being on an anti-depressant for a while. I don't know what your social skills are like, but for me personally I had no idea what to say to people, I was horrible at small talk, and the thought of talking to people I didn't know was the worst. I feel like the anti-depressant gave me a little boost, while helping me to stay calm that I needed. I've also found ALC has been helpful day to day with social interactions, in doses 3-5g along with some choline. I feel sharper, more focused, yet relaxed-kind of a liquidity to my thinking, and the "inner voices" the negative thoughts are quieted a bit. I have found these to be very helpful, and I'm not not in the business world, but I have to present myself in a professional way (physical therapist). I have to report regularly at family conferences along with the other disciplines, and I have found that very helpful.

You are correct in your thinking:your ability to communicate to others, and the intangibles such as being relatable to other people are very important. It's all about building up confidence, trust, and rapport with your coworkers and clients imho. I still take ALC, but I've dropped the anti-depressant, and I've finally found that I can talk to anyone with an ease I have never had before. Just curious how long you've been doing the meetings?

You are right,
  5. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.86%

Focus XT + picamillon
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time
    antihero [@] SeriousNutritionSolutions.com
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.13%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Quote Originally Posted by KimChee View Post
    I think one thing that really helped me was being on an anti-depressant for a while. I don't know what your social skills are like, but for me personally I had no idea what to say to people, I was horrible at small talk, and the thought of talking to people I didn't know was the worst. I feel like the anti-depressant gave me a little boost, while helping me to stay calm that I needed. I've also found ALC has been helpful day to day with social interactions, in doses 3-5g along with some choline. I feel sharper, more focused, yet relaxed-kind of a liquidity to my thinking, and the "inner voices" the negative thoughts are quieted a bit. I have found these to be very helpful, and I'm not not in the business world, but I have to present myself in a professional way (physical therapist). I have to report regularly at family conferences along with the other disciplines, and I have found that very helpful.

You are correct in your thinking:your ability to communicate to others, and the intangibles such as being relatable to other people are very important. It's all about building up confidence, trust, and rapport with your coworkers and clients imho. I still take ALC, but I've dropped the anti-depressant, and I've finally found that I can talk to anyone with an ease I have never had before. Just curious how long you've been doing the meetings?

You are right,
    Kim Chee...is ALC short for ALCAR?
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.44%

Yeah, sorry I was too lazy to type it out lol
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.94%

Have you considered seeing a psychiatrist/psychologist? A few therapy sessions can go a long way toward a permanent change.
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.45%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by antihero View Post
    Focus XT + picamillon
    There you go^^^.Try out Focus XT,a lot of people over look it in the areas you described,it helps me greatly with those type of situations,cant go wrong for the value.If you feel you need a bit more,add in some picamillon.
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/s...240-grams.html
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/s...0-90-caps.html
    SERIOUS NUTRITION SOLUTIONS
    mack @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    "Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time"
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.58%

definitely sparked my interest.. any other recommendations in this department?
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.45%

Quote Originally Posted by propho View Post
    definitely sparked my interest.. any other recommendations in this department?
    ALCAR.PEA-500 Xtreme.
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/s...-capsules.html
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/s...-capsules.html
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.58%

so say one were to stack PEA, ALCAR, Focus XT, and Picamilon .. should dosage remain at the regular amount or less of each?
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.06%

Honestly bro, no supplement is going to cure this.

The only thing that will cure this confidence. Find out whatever it is that's causing your social anxiety/inferiority complex, and destroy it. Gain confidence through preparedness, mastering the subject matter, and always know 1 or 2 things on that subject matter that your peers don't know.

Believe it or not reading the Bible helps drastically.
    PES ALPHAMINE Log
    h ttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213082-pes-alphamine-log.html
  14. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.37%

Quote Originally Posted by Cinn View Post
    Have you considered seeing a psychiatrist/psychologist? A few therapy sessions can go a long way toward a permanent change.
    I don't think its unnatural to feel like this when placed in an entirely new situation in front of an new group of people. I'm just looking either supplements to ease the slight anxiety and help with sharper thinking. Also I have found in other areas simple techniques work well. I don't think this is a mental health issue that requires professional intervention.
  15. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.37%

Quote Originally Posted by Mack411 View Post
    There you go^^^.Try out Focus XT,a lot of people over look it in the areas you described,it helps me greatly with those type of situations,cant go wrong for the value.If you feel you need a bit more,add in some picamillon.
    Thanks Mack...tried Focus XT in the past...good stuff. Does picamillon excite or sooth the brain?
  16. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.45%

Quote Originally Posted by Clemenza View Post
    Honestly bro, no supplement is going to cure this.

The only thing that will cure this confidence. Find out whatever it is that's causing your social anxiety/inferiority complex, and destroy it. Gain confidence through preparedness, mastering the subject matter, and always know 1 or 2 things on that subject matter that your peers don't know.

Believe it or not reading the Bible helps drastically.
    I dont think he is looking for a cure,just some help in certain situations,and in no way did I personally or will I claim the products will cure anything,but they will help without a doubt.

Thanks Mack...tried Focus XT in the past...good stuff. Does picamillon excite or sooth the brain?
    It has a nice soothing feel for me,I wouldnt call it euphoric,but very nice and comfortable!Puts me in a better overall mood,and helps me stay on task when needed.
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.93%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Pregnenolone is pretty good for this.
    Remember why you started.
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.38%

Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
    Pregnenolone is pretty good for this.
    Yup ...pregnenolone makes me chatty Cathy.
  19. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.38%
    Achievements Posting VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Has anyone mentioned aniracetam?
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  20. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.02%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Pregnalone...
    Independent Review
  21. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.02%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    Has anyone mentioned aniracetam?
    say what?
    Independent Review
  22. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.37%

I dont think he is looking for a cure,just some help in certain situations,and in no way did I personally or will I claim the products will cure anything,but they will help without a doubt.

It has a nice soothing feel for me,I wouldnt call it euphoric,but very nice and comfortable!Puts me in a better overall mood,and helps me stay on task when needed.
    Thanks man. What's good starting dose for picamillion? Have you stacked with PEA?
  23. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.44%

This is random but some herbs I've found over the years that work for general anxiety were chamomile-as a tea, lavendar tea, l theanine in the form of green tea, etc. Kava Kava actually worked the best for me, but then those studies about liver damage came out. One thing I found that really helped for as needed episodes was Bach Flower essences, take it for what it's worth, but it worked well for me, 4 drops would work ok in a work situation..
  24. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.45%

Thanks man. What's good starting dose for picamillion? Have you stacked with PEA?
    I respond great to 300mg Picamilon,have went higher with dosing but not needed for what I look for in the product.I would start with 150mg Picamilon and adjust as needed.As far as stacking with PEA,I do know a few who enjoy them together at low doses,but Im sad to say I did not respond to PEA myself,so I cant speak from personal experience.
  25. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.38%
    Achievements Posting VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post
    say what?
    Some people have noted anti-anxiety effects and the ability to speak more fluidly/easier while taking aniracetam.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  26. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.58%

Anyone try Noopept?
  27. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.13%

Quote Originally Posted by propho View Post
    Anyone try Noopept?
    I have around 45 pills left if you're interested PM me. I tried a few but based on other's feedback aniracetam was more suitable for my needs. Noopept has been reported to make people antisocial.
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.38%

Magnesium can help with stress too along with numerous other benefits.
  29. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.39%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Cordeen View Post
    Magnesium can help with stress too along with numerous other benefits.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/conte...position-3232/

Awesome read on magnesium if no one has read it yet.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  30. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.94%

I don't think its unnatural to feel like this when placed in an entirely new situation in front of an new group of people. I'm just looking either supplements to ease the slight anxiety and help with sharper thinking. Also I have found in other areas simple techniques work well. I don't think this is a mental health issue that requires professional intervention.
    You're asking for a supp to help with social anxiety and then say it's not a mental health issue. There doesn't have to be a negative connotation to it and it doesn't mean you're going to require lifelong treatment for it. Psych providers trained in cognitive behavioral therapy can help you overcome the anxiety and give you priceless strategies to combat it in the future. I think the lifting community in general is too quick to want something chemical(and OTC) to solve one's problems. Get to the root of the issue.
  31. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.72%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Another thread around here mentions Focus-XT and it's benefits in this area.
    Quote Originally Posted by scrapedshinz View Post
    It sounds to me like your biggest issue is being able to focus when you're in a social environment with those who you've not yet met. This is somewhat different than traditional social anxiety, so I'd say you should handle it differently also.

How do you react to stimulants -- do you find they give you a benefit in focus? An overall improvement in well being from nootropics would possibly help also.

Give SNS Focus XT a shot (it's well priced) and see if it makes any difference. If so but you want more, you could look at other nootropics.
    Quote Originally Posted by antihero View Post
    Focus XT + picamillon
    The people have spoken... My job is so easy lol! The products sell themselves.

- Valdez
    Anabolic[Minds.com Site Rep
    Olympus Labs DemiGod
    accounts@olympus-labs.com
  32. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.54%

Pikmalion, Phenibut are helpful for tackling social anxiety.

These are just stop gaps though, you'll eventually want to find the source of this phobia.

Until then those well help.
  33. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33%

Mate confidence comes with knowledge of the subject you don't need supplements you just need to learn what your talking about.
  34. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.37%

Quote Originally Posted by Cinn View Post
    You're asking for a supp to help with social anxiety and then say it's not a mental health issue. There doesn't have to be a negative connotation to it and it doesn't mean you're going to require lifelong treatment for it. Psych providers trained in cognitive behavioral therapy can help you overcome the anxiety and give you priceless strategies to combat it in the future. I think the lifting community in general is too quick to want something chemical(and OTC) to solve one's problems. Get to the root of the issue.
    I hear what you're saying. I should re-phrase my request. I am regularly put in positions where I don't know the subject well or the people, but I'm expected to direct meetings with a certain level of confidence whilst obfuscating my lack of knowledge. This is where the anxiety comes from. Now I can do a certain amount of prep with the limited time I have, but there must be supplements that sharpen thinking and cognitive process to support me in this sort of situation.
  35. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.72%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

I hear what you're saying. I should re-phrase my request. I am regularly put in positions where I don't know the subject well or the people, but I'm expected to direct meetings with a certain level of confidence whilst obfuscating my lack of knowledge. This is where the anxiety comes from. Now I can do a certain amount of prep with the limited time I have, but there must be supplements that sharpen thinking and cognitive process to support me in this sort of situation.
    Like the others suggested man focus XT can help with that. It's with a shot. Things I've noticed that helped with mental clarity are caffeine, focus XT and making sure you get plenty of sleep the night before. Sleep is key for proper cognitive functioning. Creatine may also aid but that's over a period of time not pre setting.

Experiment prior to with whatever you choose

- Valdez
    Anabolic[Minds.com Site Rep
    Olympus Labs DemiGod
    accounts@olympus-labs.com
  36. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.37%

Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post
    Like the others suggested man focus XT can help with that. It's with a shot. Things I've noticed that helped with mental clarity are caffeine, focus XT and making sure you get plenty of sleep the night before. Sleep is key for proper cognitive functioning. Creatine may also aid but that's over a period of time not pre setting.

Experiment prior to with whatever you choose

- Valdez
    Thanks man! Got some focus xt...you make a good point about creatine - I remember reading research on effects on cognitive performance.
  37. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.13%

Thanks man! Got some focus xt...you make a good point about creatine - I remember reading research on effects on cognitive performance.
    I would agree. The dreams on creatine are lucid and very vivid. Similar to -racetam dreams
  38. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.81%

i would like to hear more about pregnenolone.
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.38%

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaTalons View Post
    i would like to hear more about pregnenolone.
    Preg is like the top of a plinko board on on the price is right...lol..seriously though...it's like the mother of most hormones that are produced by the human body from cholesterol...the cascade effect and hormones derived from it... is a very lengthy one...including good ole testosterone and DHT...the manly hormones that is...but outside of that...Preg in itself harnesses neuroactive properties that are healthy to "most" brains....some of us have more..some have less....and depending on how your body receives it...it could help you or not.
  40. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.81%

Preg is like the top of a plinko board on on the price is right...lol..seriously though...it's like the mother of most hormones that are produced by the human body from cholesterol...the cascade effect and hormones derived from it... is a very lengthy one...including good ole testosterone and DHT...the manly hormones that is...but outside of that...Preg in itself harnesses neuroactive properties that are healthy to "most" brains....some of us have more..some have less....and depending on how your body receives it...it could help you or not.
    i would like to try it, if its good for social anxiety, but i didnt know it was a hormone. that is a slippery slope.

Similar Forum Threads

1. anything good for social anxiety?
    By TulsaTalons in forum Supplements
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 07-08-2014, 12:13 AM
  2. Help putting together new supps for Recomp!
    By zachs in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-07-2009, 11:35 AM
  3. Best supplements for social anxiety?
    By Flaw in forum Supplements
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: 08-22-2008, 04:23 PM
  4. Supps for Teen help
    By torres278 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-06-2008, 02:05 AM
  5. Supps for the reduction of Anxiety/Depression