Looking for some Nootropics wisdom

ilectricToast

Awards
First off new to the forum..thanks for having me guys..

I don't want to waste anyones time with reposts, but I've got a particular stack that I'm planning on starting right away.

A week or two ago i started to research nootropics and the idea of the adderall effect (for studying) without the amphetamine in drugs like adder all.

After looking all over I think I've finally concluded on a stack that will hopefully give some good results. Im still not sure about doses and whether this is a good/safe stack so let me know what you guys think:

Piracetam: 1.5 g
Choline Citrate: 1 g
Caffeine: 200mg
Taurine: 1g
DMAE: 100mg
Alpha Lipoic Acid: 300mg
Vinpocetine: 10mg
Huperzine A: 200mcg

And the usual daily Fish Oil and a good Multi-Vitamin

I've been thinking maybe take once at about 6am and again about 3:30pm

Let me know what you guys think. I was also thinking i might not really need to re-dose everything for pm dose, just certain things.

Thanks for the Help!!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
First, please note that nootropics are nothing like adderall. The "focus" you get from stimulation is quite different from the increased ability to form and recall memories that you get from nootropics. Your dosing on everything is pretty much off, no offense. For starters like yourself, I highly recommend Focus XT, as it is a comprehensive nootropic blend with everything dosed optimally.

However, if you want revisions:

Piracetam: 2.5g twice daily
Choline Citrate: Several grams
Caffeine: Fine
Taurine: No worth here
DMAE: Fine
ALA: No worth here, go for Na-R-ALA or R-ALA
Vinpocetine: A little high
Huperzine A: 1/2 the dose

And you are missing IMO the best of the lot: ALCAR.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And what about sulbutiamine? I have that in bulk along with Alcar. Any suggestions on proper dosing?

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
And what about sulbutiamine? I have that in bulk along with Alcar. Any suggestions on proper dosing?
300 mg of sulbutiamine per dose is fine. Do yourself a favor and cap it though if you can. It's quite possibly one of the worst tasting substances on earth, cuts through all other flavors and get stuck in your mouth...

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
300 mg of sulbutiamine per dose is fine. Do yourself a favor and cap it though if you can. It's quite possibly one of the worst tasting substances on earth, cuts through all other flavors and get stuck in your mouth...
Thanks. I thought ALCAR was horrible, as it's very acidic. Can you stack them together?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Thanks. I thought ALCAR was horrible, as it's very acidic. Can you stack them together?
Absolutely.

Oh, and high grade Pramiracetam is worse than all nootropics. The taste is so bad that you literally feel pain.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Piracetam is bad- makes me gag just thinking about the taste

ilectricToast

Awards
Thanks for the comments..i started today and will change the doses as suggested.

Im also looking into the added suggestions:

Sulbutiamine looks good for the memory aspect

ALCAR looks good due to the fact that it is suppose to help pass the blood brain barrier. This was one of my biggest concerns as i thought i might just be wasting my money on all this stuff if it doesn't even make it to the brain.

Na-R-ALA looks good also but I'm not sure i understand the difference between this and ALA itself. People seem to say it is superior to ALA and consequently is much more expensive (or so I've seen so far)

Correct me if the statements above are inaccurate or you have some input.

Last question: This may seem to come off as somewhat childish perhaps, but taking like 10 capsules is a pain in the arsh like twice a day. Right now i have powdered choline and piracetam and it taste pretty bad but i can get by. My thoughts of being able to take everything needed much easier are as follows:

1)Ive thought about putting all the powders in a gatorade bottle with an ounce or 2 in it and then i can just take that quickly during the day and just deal with the bad taste. The thing that concerned me was would combining everything ahead of time and putting it in gatorade/juice ahead of time affect the powders in some way?

2)The other way i was considering was putting it in food....like putting all the powders for one dose in a cookie or something and baking the cookie. This would be very convenient, but if I'm not mistaken, the heat will affect the powders in some way. (maybe kind of like how protein denatures when cooked)

Again thank you guys for the help...what would the world be like without forums?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Na-R-Ala is both more soluble than ALA and it contains the form that you want (R).

This is another reason I highly suggest Focus XT for people such as yourself. The flavor not only masks the nasty nootropic taste, but it actually goes beyond that and tastes delicious.

Don't bake the nootropics...lol

ilectricToast

Awards
Focus XT looks pretty good..I already have ordered everything on their ingredient list except for ALCAR and L-Trosine. For now i think i will use up what i have of all the different things that i purchased individually and then maybe purchase Focus XT.

Id like to order some ALCAR for now to add to everything else. Any ideas on dose with this stack?
Ill also add sulbutiamine-300mg
Finally ill add Na-R-ALA...any suggestions on dose?
(Hopefully i can afford all this stuff lol)

Final Ultimate stack:

Morning:
2.5g Piracetam
2-3g Choline Citrate
200mg Caffeine
DMAE: 100mg
Vinpocetine: 8mg
Huperzine A: 100mcg
ALCAR: __?
sulbutiamine: 300mg
Na-R-Al:__?
L-Tyrosine__? (if even needed at all)
b-12 complex __? (also thought about adding this?? maybe not needed??)

Afternoon:
2.5g piracetam
2-3g choline
200mg caffeine

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
First, please note that nootropics are nothing like adderall. The "focus" you get from stimulation is quite different from the increased ability to form and recall memories that you get from nootropics. Your dosing on everything is pretty much off, no offense. For starters like yourself, I highly recommend Focus XT, as it is a comprehensive nootropic blend with everything dosed optimally.

However, if you want revisions:

Piracetam: 2.5g twice daily
Choline Citrate: Several grams
Caffeine: Fine
Taurine: No worth here
DMAE: Fine
ALA: No worth here, go for Na-R-ALA or R-ALA
Vinpocetine: A little high
Huperzine A: 1/2 the dose

And you are missing IMO the best of the lot: ALCAR.
If ALA is racemic, and you can get over twice the dosage of ALA for the same price as R-ALA, why do people say that R-ALA is better?

It does not make sense to me.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
1-2g of tyrosine always helps. Also D,L-Phenylalanine. The D-isomer helps increase phenethylamine concetrations in the brain.

If you're trying to mimick the affect of an amphetamine, you should probably have something in there to increase levels of adrenaline/noradrenaline (which amphetamines are mimicking).

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
If ALA is racemic, and you can get over twice the dosage of ALA for the same price as R-ALA, why do people say that R-ALA is better?

It does not make sense to me.
I generally recommend neither; rather, their pharmacokinetically superior cousin Na-R-ALA. The above post was to give OP an idea of what he should be looking for.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1-2g of tyrosine always helps. Also D,L-Phenylalanine. The D-isomer helps increase phenethylamine concetrations in the brain.

If you're trying to mimick the affect of an amphetamine, you should probably have something in there to increase levels of adrenaline/noradrenaline (which amphetamines are mimicking).
Thesinnerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Good to see ya around!

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I should have listened to you... :/