Effervescent Aminos

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have noticed that BSN has incorporated an effervescent component into much of their new line. I did a little research and found that effervescent creatine products were fairly popular at one point and I even found an old thread explaining how to make one's own "effervescent creatine" from ordinary creatine powder...

It looks like a fairly simple process: Aminos + Sodium bicarbonate + citric acid = effervescent aminos

So now I am thinking about grabbing some arm & hammer and citric acid and experimenting with some of my bulk aminos but I need to figure out appropriate ratios...in the recipe I found for effervescent creatine the bicarbonate (they were using potassium bicarbonate) and the citric were almost equal. The exact ratio was 2:2.25 bicarbonate:citric acid...however I was looking up various old timey drink recipes drink recipes and even bath salt recipes all of which had a wild variety of ratios they were using to achieve effervescence...

Does anyone have any experience/knowledge on this? I don't want to waste too much of my bulk powders on bad batches.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
it seems like an interesting experiment...alot of amino acid ****tails give me a tummy ache...this might help. There is also some science to indicate that it may aid in absorption

Primal2

Primal2

Awards
it seems like an interesting experiment...alot of amino acid ****tails give me a tummy ache...this might help. There is also some science to indicate that it may aid in absorption
Or just buy some COP from prototypenutrition.com

Good stuff and id definetly recommend it.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Or just buy some COP from prototypenutrition.com

Good stuff and id definetly recommend it.
that's fine for COP but there are other aminos/supps I wanna try this with...plus I just like playing mad scientist