Looking for advice on best supplement to pop cherry on

tornmusik

Awards
I'm 34 have been lifting for most of my life I have only used creatine and l arginine. Naturally I'm getting older the gains have slowed and I'm looking to take a dip in the pool. I am just wondering what the best product for a beginner would be.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm 34 have been lifting for most of my life I have only used creatine and l arginine. Naturally I'm getting older the gains have slowed and I'm looking to take a dip in the pool. I am just wondering what the best product for a beginner would be.
There are many products out there that you can use, from natural Testosterone and Growth Hormone boosters, to nutrrient repartitioners and insulin mimetics, to fat burners and thermogenics, etc. It really depends on what your goals are.

~Rosie~

tornmusik

Awards
I'm looking to gain lean mass and get cut. I have had panic attacks in the past and actually found that I have a thyroid that is underactive. I am hoping to find something that is fairly safe as far as sides.

tornmusik

Awards
Yes they where. My doctor told me back when I first started with the thyroid fluctuation it was common during the early periods of the disorder for it to be out of whack sometimes releasing too much then slowing way down.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
Bro don't let the age discourage you. I'm the same as you and I'm gaining just the same as I did in my mid-twenties. As you get older, you train wiser and you know what works and what doesn't.

For starters I'd say just get your diet on point, take in enough protein, and use creatine. Muscle memory is an awesome thing and you should be going full steam within 2 months. Once you get your strength back look into adding more supps. Just my opinion.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm looking to gain lean mass and get cut. I have had panic attacks in the past and actually found that I have a thyroid that is underactive. I am hoping to find something that is fairly safe as far as sides.
Be aware that recomping (what you want to do) is going to be VERY dependent PRIMARILY on the MANIPULATION of your NUTRITION!

Once you have your nutrition (AND training) sorted, then you can look at supplements.

Based on your goals and comments, products that would be beneficial to you IMO would be a natural Testosterone booster/stack (increases free and total testosterone) and a thyroid booster, an insulin mimetic optional.

Since you have not used anything before, you are best off starting out with only one or two products. One of the best stacks for you IMO would be Erase and Alpha-T2 - or Shift instead of Alpha-T2, if you are sensitive to any form of stimulants.

A stack like Erase or FREE TEST/IGF-2 or HGHup/Drive/NeoVar Recomped is something you might want to consider in the future, once you have used a more simple stack (note that "simple" does not mean any less effective).

~Rosie~

tornmusik

Awards
Right now I'm doing the fst-7 training first week my strength is at it's best but size wise the gains are so slow the fascia training has got me more motivated huge pumps but it's hard I've been doing this a long time and see the kids comming in and catching me so quick. I have a 350 bench at 186lbs all natural but I can't help but wondering where I could be and what I could look like with a little help. You know what I mean Kanakafarian my diet is high in protein at about 180 grams a day. I am using creatine and L-arginine now.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Right now I'm doing the fst-7 training first week my strength is at it's best but size wise the gains are so slow the fascia training has got me more motivated huge pumps but it's hard I've been doing this a long time and see the kids comming in and catching me so quick. I have a 350 bench at 186lbs all natural but I can't help but wondering where I could be and what I could look like with a little help. You know what I mean Kanakafarian my diet is high in protein at about 180 grams a day. I am using creatine and L-arginine now.
If you're not using a multivitamin, then make sure you get one. The same goes for if you're not getting all your good fat, protein (and BCAAs) requirements from your diet, then you might want to supplement with them as well.

~Rosie~

tornmusik

Awards
Thanks Rosie I appreciate the feedback I must say my weakest area is nutrition.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks Rosie I appreciate the feedback I must say my weakest area is nutrition.
No worries, bud :)

If your nutrition is weak, then I recommend learning as much about it as possible, and apply the principles you learn, starting with changing this and getting it right BEFORE looking at adding in supplements other than the basic staples.

As far as nutrition, what works best for me is not necessarily going to be best for you re recomping, and therefore, once you have a starting point/baseline diet, I recommend experimenting with different nutritional methods and adjusting it each week depending on your progress and results. For recomping, the nutritional method that I recommend you start looking at/with is calorie/carbohydrate cycling - do a search; there is a lot of information about it out there.

~Rosie~

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Check out Rosie's articles on her site (link is at bottom of her posts). Very good articles, including nutrition:)

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
Diet, training, and rest are key obviously. Supplement wise a solid creatine mono works well. I would say at your age something like toco-8 for general health would be an addition worth trying. Fenugreek extracts work well. Really so many supplements out there now. I wouldn't dare suggest anyone goes darkside, however, you'd be cooler if you did.

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
IGF-2 is good for leaning up but it's a bit expensive and you really need to run two bottles worth. But the last bottle I got was crap, I think.

Pre-workout forumlas are fun, but once you get used to them they're almost useless.

Anymore I think the supplements you take intra-workout, or during workouts, are the best way to go. Capitalize on your workouts.

sking6464

sking6464

Awards
  • Established
GOALS????????? there is a plethora of supps out there, some mentioned by the above posters, and tons more, tons man

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you on Synthroid? or anything else for your thyroid condition?