D Aspartic Acid & Negative side effects

Page 4 of 27 First ... 23456 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    my biggest concern is does test levels fall off the chart after using. lol-do you need a pct for daa?
    The mechanism seems a bit indirect to cause significant negative feedback on a single outlet. When feedback happens over so many iterations, it takes a long time for the signal to get back to the source, and by that point it's usually pretty muffled. Kind of like when you were 6 and played the game "telephone".

    My guess is that the natural formation from the L-isomer isn't all too significant. Too pick up the slack, you probably have a high receptor density, and thus the capacity for more more activation through external DAA supplementing.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    [email protected]
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line


  2. Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    The mechanism seems a bit indirect to cause significant negative feedback on a single outlet. When feedback happens over so many iterations, it takes a long time for the signal to get back to the source, and by that point it's usually pretty muffled. Kind of like when you were 6 and played the game "telephone".

    My guess is that the natural formation from the L-isomer isn't all too significant. Too pick up the slack, you probably have a high receptor density, and thus the capacity for more more activation through external DAA supplementing.
    thanks...i think.
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by bubsnt3 View Post
    Not here.. I have never had a problem with anything I eat or drink.. Nor some very questionable substances I have taken.. Although 10 days on DAA made me feel like I had been binging all night..
    In all fairness, on a molar basis, 3g of DAA is equal to 3.8g of MSG.

    I'm not sure what that converts to in terms of packages of Top Ramen.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    [email protected]
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line

  4. I started getting really bad anxiety on DAA and I've never had it before.. I've since stopped but am still getting it, but noticeably less often.. I don't suggest DAA is solely to blame for this, however it is interesting that it's declined since I stopped taking it.

  5. So to sum up what I've read thus far. DAA has been shown to increase test in in vivo studies, but nobody can produce a single study showing this excitotoxicity that some are stating as "fact." Please, if you have a study, post it, otherwise that is worse than bro science...it's bad science.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by CobbledPath View Post
    I started getting really bad anxiety on DAA and I've never had it before.. I've since stopped but am still getting it, but noticeably less often.. I don't suggest DAA is solely to blame for this, however it is interesting that it's declined since I stopped taking it.
    Anxiety can indeed be caused by activation of the NMDA receptor, which is why supplementing with Magnesium (which blocks the channel) can help aleviate anxiety symptoms. Of course, using DAA and Mg together would defeat the purpose of each, so if you're having anxiety issues, I wouldn't use DAA.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    So to sum up what I've read thus far. DAA has been shown to increase test in in vivo studies, but nobody can produce a single study showing this excitotoxicity that some are stating as "fact." Please, if you have a study, post it, otherwise that is worse than bro science...it's bad science.
    It is actually good science. No studies have been performed for the safety in humans.. DAA is a PROVEN EXITOTOXIN with agonist activity at the NMDA receptor.. And NMDA toxicity is not someones theory but proven science.. You are saying to ignore both anecdotal reports and available scientific literature because it is not "fact." That is rediculous when this substance has never been tested for it's toxicity in humans.. That is like saying taking the proline analog that was in Slim Xtreme is safe because noone has proof that the specific proline analog is neorotoxic.. Although 2DPMP is and they are as close as two sides of the same coin.. If you are basing your faith in the studies or information that supplement companies produce you are a retard.

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11738498
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excitotoxicity

    The amino acid, D-aspartate, exists in the mammalian brain and is an agonist at the N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) subtype of ionotropic glutamate receptors.

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15806114

  8. Quote Originally Posted by bubsnt3 View Post
    It is actually good science. No studies have been performed for the safety in humans.. DAA is a PROVEN EXITOTOXIN with agonist activity at the NMDA receptor.. And NMDA toxicity is not someones theory but proven science.. You are saying to ignore both anecdotal reports and available scientific literature because it is not "fact." That is rediculous when this substance has never been tested for it's toxicity in humans.. That is like saying taking the proline analog that was in Slim Xtreme is safe because noone has proof that the specific proline analog is neorotoxic.. Although 2DPMP is and they are as close as two sides of the same coin.. If you are basing your faith in the studies or information that supplement companies produce you are a retard.

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11738498
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excitotoxicity

    The amino acid, D-aspartate, exists in the mammalian brain and is an agonist at the N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) subtype of ionotropic glutamate receptors.

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15806114
    Beat me to it. DAA also converts to N-Methyl-D-Asparate through SAMe methyl-transferese.
    The Historic PES Legend

  9. Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    Yeah, aspartic acids have a sweet taste.

    Studies are showing that it increases testosterone by about a third. What sort of gains were you expecting from daa?
    just expected to see some of the stuff i was reading in reviews.....alpha male feeling, overall well being increased, leaning and hardening, possibly some strength gains
    AM10 for 10% off at Mindandmuscle.com
    AM10 for 10% off at Mrsupps.com

  10. I've run DAA on 3 seperate occasions. I've used bulk from NP & TCF-1. Minimum run was 2 weeks, max was a month. Each time I've noticed the following:

    Positives:
    -Better workouts & recovery
    -More of an "alpha male" mentality when working out

    Negatives
    -dull headache
    -sleep wasn't as sound or as good as it normally is
    -bloating. I seem to hold water when taking it
    -mood is off just a bit

    Does it work? I think it does raise "T" levels for me. I do get some acne on my back but I didn't experience any crazy rise in libido though.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by bubsnt3 View Post
    It is actually good science. No studies have been performed for the safety in humans.. DAA is a PROVEN EXITOTOXIN with agonist activity at the NMDA receptor.. And NMDA toxicity is not someones theory but proven science.. You are saying to ignore both anecdotal reports and available scientific literature because it is not "fact." That is rediculous when this substance has never been tested for it's toxicity in humans.. That is like saying taking the proline analog that was in Slim Xtreme is safe because noone has proof that the specific proline analog is neorotoxic.. Although 2DPMP is and they are as close as two sides of the same coin.. If you are basing your faith in the studies or information that supplement companies produce you are a retard.

    The amino acid, D-aspartate, exists in the mammalian brain and is an agonist at the N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) subtype of ionotropic glutamate receptors.
    Your first citation is a study in the slice which they intentionally use a large amount of NMDA, NOT DAA to lesion the cells in their study. This is common practice and is not proof in any way, shape or form. The second citation is wikipedia...shooting that one down is too easy.

    Your third citation shows that DAA is an agonist of NMDA, BUT never once shows it to be excitotoxic. Just because something is an agonist, does not make it excitotoxic! DAA is a precursor to the biosynthesis of NMDA, but even that does not mean it will lead to excitoxicity. If any compound in use today has been shown to have excitotoxic properties, it is nitric oxide, but even that is not always the case and the mass amounts of arginine you would need to ingest to actually make this possible across the blood brain barrier make it a moot point.

    You're talking about endogenous neurotransmitters in relation to an event like excitotoxicty which requires a unique set of circumstances to occur. The simple act of increasing neurotransmission will not cause excitotoxicity.

    I'm not trying to be a jerk, just trying to keep you honest because I keep seeing this said with no evidence. So I will repeat my challenge. Can anybody show a single in vivo study where DAA causes excitotoxicity?

  12. Quote Originally Posted by bubsnt3 View Post
    If you are basing your faith in the studies or information that supplement companies produce you are a retard.
    And just to address this direct attack on me. I'm asking an honest question as somebody that has a PhD in neuroscience. I do not work for or rep any company nor do I believe anything that anybody says without seeing studies that back it up. So I find your accusation of me being a "retard" to be quite funny and await you actually addressing my question.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    And just to address this direct attack on me. I'm asking an honest question as somebody that has a PhD in neuroscience. I do not work for or rep any company nor do I believe anything that anybody says without seeing studies that back it up. So I find your accusation of me being a "retard" to be quite funny and await you actually addressing my question.
    I do not personally care for attacks as such, but please spare us your E-Resume.

    All the science leads to what has been stated, being a neuroscientist I would assume you would provide a word of caution given the facts presented. As I have yet to see you provide in vivo studies proving to the contrary I can only assume you have some vested interest, even after the aforementioned statement. In our PM you even agreed with me about DAA converting to N-Methyl-D-Aspartate, but then gave a "Yes, but" that something that is a known excitotoxin is no long an excitotoxin in this instance?!

    As a neuroscientiest I would expect you to err on the side of caution. Seems incongruous to your self proclaimed profession.
    The Historic PES Legend

  14. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    I do not personally care for attacks as such, but please spare us your E-Resume.

    All the science leads to what has been stated, being a neuroscientist I would assume you would provide a word of caution given the facts presented. As I have yet to see you provide in vivo studies proving to the contrary I can only assume you have some vested interest, even after the aforementioned statement. In our PM you even agreed with me about DAA converting to N-Methyl-D-Aspartate, but then gave a "Yes, but" that something that is a known excitotoxin is no long an excitotoxin in this instance?!

    As a neuroscientiest I would expect you to err on the side of caution. Seems incongruous to your self proclaimed profession.
    I have no vested interest and will not be pulled into a name calling match as you have now jumped on board with that one. I have NOT said that DAA is completely safe and everybody should use it.

    This is real easy and let me talk slow so even my "retard" brain can keep up. Can anybody show one single study where DAA causes excitotoxicity?

    I'm asking for my own personal knowledge and don't care if the study was performed in humans, rats or trees. Just one!

  15. Ive bben taking 4.5 g a day for 9 days with no sides except some diarhea 2 days. Not noticing strength increases yet. I have anxiety and havent felt different.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    And just to address this direct attack on me. I'm asking an honest question as somebody that has a PhD in neuroscience. I do not work for or rep any company nor do I believe anything that anybody says without seeing studies that back it up. So I find your accusation of me being a "retard" to be quite funny and await you actually addressing my question.
    Sorry, I don't mean to sound rude.. But having a PhD means no more than you went to school.. Unfortunatly that doesn't mean you have a brain.. That is why companies like Google do IQ tests before hiring people.. Sorry if I am not impressed.. I am an engineer and have a masters degree, does that somehow validate my points more??

    The above studies I posted show that DAA is an NMDA agonist itself, is converted to NMDA, and that excesive NMDA stimulation is excitotoxic.. Until some studies are done on humans I will draw my own conclusions based on the available scientific literature..

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    I have no vested interest and will not be pulled into a name calling match as you have now jumped on board with that one. I have NOT said that DAA is completely safe and everybody should use it.

    This is real easy and let me talk slow so even my "retard" brain can keep up. Can anybody show one single study where DAA causes excitotoxicity?

    I'm asking for my own personal knowledge and don't care if the study was performed in humans, rats or trees. Just one!
    That is like saying "can you show me one study that shows neorotoxicity using Methylenedioxypyrovalerone." No studies have been completed; however, beings it is a norepinephrine-dopamine reuptake inhibitor we can gather that excesive use is going to produce effects similar to Ritalin, Adderall, etc..

    You have not posted any studies to the contrary and all scientific literature points in the opposite direction so until you produce some safety studies you really have no point.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    I have no vested interest and will not be pulled into a name calling match as you have now jumped on board with that one. I have NOT said that DAA is completely safe and everybody should use it.

    This is real easy and let me talk slow so even my "retard" brain can keep up. Can anybody show one single study where DAA causes excitotoxicity?

    I'm asking for my own personal knowledge and don't care if the study was performed in humans, rats or trees. Just one!
    Actually if you reread my post I did not call you a name. Every PM, and now every post you keep stating you have a Ph.D in neuroscience and just so happen to be a researcher in that field. Which is quite convenient in this circumstance. All due respect but I do not see to many Ph.D visiting a site named AnabolicMinds, nor have the respectful time to do so at 9:30am (CST) on a Friday. Do we really need to post the numerous studies showing N-Methyl-D-A is an excitotoxin? Which DAA converts to, but somehow it is not an excitotoxin any longer?

    If I was so far off base you wouldn't get so defensive and begin providing studies to the contrary.
    The Historic PES Legend

  19. All these long term sides are scaring me.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by dragevo View Post
    All these long term sides are scaring me.
    Honesly noone is saying not to use DAA. I think we are just trying to educate people so that they can make an informed decision on use and possible risks.. Methamphetamine is neorotoxic but some people use it for years and have no long term side effects.. Others do.

    I believe that this thread is about exposing potential effects so that users can make their own decision on the benefits/risk.. Honestly, the test boost that has been shown is hardly enough to produce effects beyond what an AI would. AI tests showed test was raised far beyond what DAA does and there are not the same exitotoxic risks involved.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Actually if you reread my post I did not call you a name. Every PM, and now every post you keep stating you have a Ph.D in neuroscience and just so happen to be a researcher in that field. Which is quite convenient in this circumstance. All due respect but I do not see to many Ph.D visiting a site named AnabolicMinds, nor have the respectful time to do so at 9:30am (CST) on a Friday. Do we really need to post the numerous studies showing N-Methyl-D-A is an excitotoxin? Which DAA converts to, but somehow it is not an excitotoxin any longer?

    If I was so far off base you wouldn't get so defensive and begin providing studies to the contrary.
    The fact that I study glutamatergic neurotransmission every single day is exactly why I am taking the time to address this issue. Just because I do have a PhD does not make my opinions any more valid than yours and I did not state that ever for that intention. Opinions are opinions and your opinion is that I'm a liar and that a straw man debate will somehow prove your point rather than answering my question. So, let me leave on this.

    1) I never once said DAA is safe or should be used by anybody

    2) I never once said DAA does increase test levels and in fact I have yet to see convincing evdidence that it does (those boar testicle studies do little to convince me)

    3) I simply asked if DAA has been shown to cause excitotoxicity because I looked and could not find a single study and thought perhaps you all could point me in the direction of one

    4) When answered with studies that did not actually answer my question, I said why they did not and asked again

    So everybody have a wonderful day. I need to get back to my imaginary job with my imaginary degree.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by bubsnt3 View Post
    Honesly noone is saying not to use DAA. I think we are just trying to educate people so that they can make an informed decision on use and possible risks.. Methamphetamine is neorotoxic but some people use it for years and have no long term side effects.. Others do.

    I believe that this thread is about exposing potential effects so that users can make their own decision on the benefits/risk.. Honestly, the test boost that has been shown is hardly enough to produce effects beyond what an AI would. AI tests showed test was raised far beyond what DAA does and there are not the same exitotoxic risks involved.
    I agree

    I started this thread after the whole NMDA issue was brought up several times in random DAA threads, but were quickly ignored. I myself ignored them till I was set to run a long cycle of DAA and a certain member took the time to explain to possible side effects.

    I'm very glad I was made aware of what I could do to myself and that's why I started this thread, so other could be aware. I could care less if some kills their body with supplements, steroids or drugs. It's their body go for it. I just don't want to see anyone use something while they're unaware of the sides....


  23. Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    just expected to see some of the stuff i was reading in reviews.....alpha male feeling, overall well being increased, leaning and hardening, possibly some strength gains
    What I'm simply getting at is that if your total test is say, 500 ng/dL. That's about middle of the road in terms of healthy test levels. If it increases by a third, you're total test going up by a third leads to 667 ng/dL, which is still about middle of the road in terms of healthy test levels.

    In the end, it's only going to help increase test levels a bit. I think Bubsnt hit the nail on the head. It's an excitotoxin, which may raise test levels a little bit. I have a feeling that in a few years this substance will be like creatine monohydrate to a lesser degree. Some people love it, some people only get side effects, and some people are 'non-responders'.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    [email protected]
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line

  24. Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    What I'm simply getting at is that if your total test is say, 500 ng/dL. That's about middle of the road in terms of healthy test levels. If it increases by a third, you're total test going up by a third leads to 667 ng/dL, which is still about middle of the road in terms of healthy test levels.

    In the end, it's only going to help increase test levels a bit. I think Bubsnt hit the nail on the head. It's an excitotoxin, which may raise test levels a little bit. I have a feeling that in a few years this substance will be like creatine monohydrate to a lesser degree. Some people love it, some people only get side effects, and some people are 'non-responders'.
    What about this?

    MORE Testosterone? †
    You bet. The key ingredient in ----, D-Aspartic Acid, has been clinically demonstrated to increase mens' natural testosterone production by up to 84% in less than 2 weeks. †

  25. I'm looking at a different study, a different dosage, and a different sampling time.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    [email protected]
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. USPLabs D-aspartic acid Side Kick!
    By Guest in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 06-06-2012, 11:51 AM
  2. D-Aspartic Acid and estrogen effects
    By packers6211 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-19-2010, 07:36 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-08-2010, 11:32 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-04-2010, 12:45 PM
  5. CEE an beta alanine AAKG negative side effects
    By Graham in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-30-2008, 02:43 AM
Log in
Log in