D Aspartic Acid & Negative side effects

Page 19 of 27 First ... 1718192021 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    BBB Permeability, target tissues, safety concerns.

Thanks C. I understand the safety concerns regarding DAA, but with respect to N-Methyl-D-aspartic acid, would you advise using one over the other?

2. Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    Thanks C. I understand the safety concerns regarding DAA, but with respect to N-Methyl-D-aspartic acid, would you advise using one over the other?
    the study done was on DAA supplementation not NMDA... plus less concern taking DAA compared to NMDA
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by WARBIRDWS6 View Post
    OK thanks guys. That is what I gathered, that there was no safe dosage for NMDA and that it could be dangerous at certain dosages. You would figure if you took enough DAA that could be harmful as well, but maybe not......
    i dont know of any evidence that shows oral administration of nmda is toxic. or not toxic
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

4. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    i dont know of any evidence that shows oral administration of nmda is toxic. or not toxic
    PA, with this being said, how do you feel about iForce's new NMDA product, Intimidate?

first couple of logs:
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/188523-get-intimidated-tomahawk.html
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/188517-intimidate-u-ready.html
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/188514-napalms-sponsored-iforce.html

sorry about bunk links, still a noob in the eyes of AM

5. Quote Originally Posted by allieninja View Post
    PA, with this being said, how do you feel about iForce's new NMDA product, Intimidate?

first couple of logs:
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/188523-get-intimidated-tomahawk.html
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/188514-napalms-sponsored-iforce.html

i have never heard of it. should i get all excited and stop what i am doing and read up on it?
    •   

6. None of this sounds positive. Lol.

7. Quote Originally Posted by allieninja View Post

first couple of logs:

I didn't realise the ingredient had been announced.

There was a competition on a UK forum to guess the ingredient and he who guessed NMDA did not win. Are you sure?
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

8. Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    None of this sounds positive. Lol.
    Clear you inbox please SP.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

9. Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    Clear you inbox please SP.
    Done my friend.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    correct, I think its more assumption than actual fact. Seems to be a lot of NMDA toxicity articles on the net though for some reason.

11. Quote Originally Posted by WARBIRDWS6 View Post
    Seems to be a lot of NMDA toxicity articles on the net though for some reason.

there are a ton of NMDA related articles on the internet because it is an important tool in studying the brain

12. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    there are a ton of NMDA related articles on the internet because it is an important tool in studying the brain
    must they be so negative? and scare us? or could they study they brain without the scary stuff?

13. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    i have never heard of it. should i get all excited and stop what i am doing and read up on it?
    Yes you should.

Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    I didn't realise the ingredient had been announced.

There was a competition on a UK forum to guess the ingredient and he who guessed NMDA did not win. Are you sure?
    Yes I am sure. The logs have already started.

14. Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    I would advise DAA over NMDA, with the two primary reasons being:

1. DAA penetrates the BBB far more efficienctly than supplemental NMDA.
    2. DAA seems to have a better safety profile.

15. possible role of NMDA receptors in muscle nerve transmission?

Muscle Nerve. 2011 Dec;44(6):987-9. doi: 10.1002/mus.22250.
    NMDA receptors at the endplate of rat skeletal muscles: Precise postsynaptic localization.

Malomouzh AI, Nurullin LF, Arkhipova SS, Nikolsky EE.
    Source

Kazan Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Russian Academy of Sciences, P.O. Box 30, Kazan 420111, Russia. [email protected].

Abstract

In this study we demonstrate expression of the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor NR1 subunit in the rat neuromuscular junction of skeletal muscles of different functional types (extensor digitorum longus, soleus, and diaphragm muscles) using fluorescence immunocytochemistry. Electron microscopic immunocytochemistry has shown that the NR1 subunit is localized solely on the sarcolemma in the depths of the postsynaptic folds. These findings suggest participation of the glutamatergic signaling system in functioning of the adult mammalian neuromuscular junction.Muscle Nerve, 2011.
    Copyright 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.

PMID: 22102472 [PubMed - in process]

16. I tried taking DAA twice, both times I couldn't sleep a wink a couple of days after I started. Worst insomnia ever. Sucks because I bought 3 tubs, so had to give them away

17. This is all so very confusing and the consensus is, there is no consensus.What I've been able to gather so far regarding NMDA, is that it does more harm than good.

18. Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    This is all so very confusing and the consensus is, there is no consensus.What I've been able to gather so far regarding NMDA, is that it does more harm than good.
    You need to do more reading.

Any of the supposed "harm" that NMDA causes it when it's applied directly directly to brain matter. You plan on removing your skull and applying liberally? LOL nope

Everyone had concerns when DAA came out, and then everyone realized they were wayyyy overblown.

Same is here.

iForce's new INTIMIDATE is pure NMDA and is going to make quite a few people happy with some impressive results.
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative Manager

19. Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    You need to do more reading.

Any of the supposed "harm" that NMDA causes it when it's applied directly directly to brain matter. You plan on removing your skull and applying liberally? LOL nope

Everyone had concerns when DAA came out, and then everyone realized they were wayyyy overblown.

Same is here.

iForce's new INTIMIDATE is pure NMDA and is going to make quite a few people happy with some impressive results.
    Well if I need to do more reading, then so do many others in this thread, as it seems there are conflicting opinions on the long term impact of the ndma. No need to get defensive, which seems to be reflexive for you, take a step back for once in your life and look at it from the consumer's POV. We're all just trying to learn as much as we can and make informed decisions. Damn you are a sensitive guy sometimes.

20. Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    This is all so very confusing and the consensus is, there is no consensus.
    for real, I guess we should just use DAA for now......at least until the pure NMDA supps come around (as mentioned by one poster, that his company is releasing one).....I notice muscle warfare's NMDA is conglomeration of a dozen supplements, and whats worse I can't even figure out what mg amount of the first listed blend is ACTUALLY NMDA....I'd at least want a pure product where I know the ingredients exact dosage.

21. Quote Originally Posted by WARBIRDWS6 View Post
    for real, I guess we should just use DAA for now......at least until the pure NMDA supps come around (as mentioned by one poster, that his company is releasing one).....I notice muscle warfare's NMDA is conglomeration of a dozen supplements, and whats worse I can't even figure out what mg amount of the first listed blend is ACTUALLY NMDA....I'd at least want a pure product where I know the ingredients exact dosage.
    iforce will be using 30mg nmda per serving.

22. Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    That was pretty straight forward.

23. Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    This is Intimidate right?? Is it out yet??

24. Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    How is this supposed to compare results wise to 3 grams DAA per day? Or is the point of the logs that I have seen popping up to find that out...

25. Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid View Post
    How is this supposed to compare results wise to 3 grams DAA per day? Or is the point of the logs that I have seen popping up to find that out...
    Subscribe to the logs

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. USPLabs D-aspartic acid Side Kick!
    By Guest in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 06-06-2012, 11:51 AM
  2. D-Aspartic Acid and estrogen effects
    By packers6211 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-19-2010, 07:36 AM
  3. Replies: 1