D Aspartic Acid & Negative side effects

Page 12 of 17 First ... 71011121314 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

This topic kind of got out of hand - almost 30 posts between my last one and now? lol. At any rate, I thought this particular thread was interesting and is beginning to touch on DAA and excitotoxicity concerns: Anyone with low T any success with Natural TBoosting supplements or herbs

To respond to Easy, my thing is that I understand NMDA's MoA, and I know it's a metabolite. But you have to consider that when you ingest DAA, it's not all being taken up in the brain, it's not all being metabolized to NMDA, and it requires a certain level of NMDA to damage neurons to the point that they die. Low levels merely excite the cells (though NMDA is a potent receptor agonist, granted). So, I think you're right (easy) in saying that the final word is still unknown. Absolutely.

I guess I was just letting my opinion get the best of me, so my B.

Also, found something interesting: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20861489 Curcumin was used in this study to modulate NMDA signaling causing a knockdown of cellular Ca2+ influx. This was done I believe on tissue cultures, not people (for beyond obvious reasons). So if you're concerned about the excitotoxicity of the DAA metabolite, you could take an extra step and dose it with curcumin.

2. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    what kinda doc would order 5 refills of xanax?
    No, I keep refilling it despite not using it..... free on the insurance..... the SOB gives me one refill per script if I'm lucky, gotta call it in every time I go. I got 3 month's worth on the scripts I actually need, so I just get a 1 month refill on the xanax every time I go for my 3 month and they pile up due to non usage. Ya dig?
  3. Banned

Coco is gone? Now who am I gonna play with? BWA!...... but seriously, I was wondering on the whole NDMA thing, I see "muscle warfare" has it for sale.... even in vitamin shoppe not just randomly online.... I read taking NDMA was a bad idea on the net various places, but that DAA was not nearly as "bad"....still unclear on what the deal is. I am assuming its like taking a precursor vs taking the actual substance straight up.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.

its simple just run DAA for a short period of time at 3grams a day. 2-3 weeks in pct.
  5. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by WARBIRDWS6 View Post
    Coco is gone? Now who am I gonna play with? BWA!...... but seriously, I was wondering on the whole NDMA thing, I see "muscle warfare" has it for sale.... even in vitamin shoppe not just randomly online.... I read taking NDMA was a bad idea on the net various places, but that DAA was not nearly as "bad"....still unclear on what the deal is. I am assuming its like taking a precursor vs taking the actual substance straight up.
    I'd think its nearly impossible with just taking DAA to get to a significantly toxic/harm causing level, but directly taking NMDA it might be possible. But no idea what sort of high dose that would require...
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I'd think its nearly impossible with just taking DAA to get to a significantly toxic/harm causing level, but directly taking NMDA it might be possible. But no idea what sort of high dose that would require...
    Yeah, I tried to look for what a toxic dosage would be in humans but couldn't find it.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.

What are the key differences, if any, between normal DAA vs N-Methyl-D-aspartic acid?
  8. Registered User

YES. it makes me piss like a race horse for some reason.... at least the first 10 days. And I always have a pinchy prostate so I will answer yes to that as well....but that is always a YES and probably has nothing to do with DAA LMFAO......
    cool thanks..SJ
  9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    What are the key differences, if any, between normal DAA vs N-Methyl-D-aspartic acid?
    BBB Permeability, target tissues, safety concerns.
  10. Banned

OK thanks guys. That is what I gathered, that there was no safe dosage for NMDA and that it could be dangerous at certain dosages. You would figure if you took enough DAA that could be harmful as well, but maybe not......
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    BBB Permeability, target tissues, safety concerns.

Thanks C. I understand the safety concerns regarding DAA, but with respect to N-Methyl-D-aspartic acid, would you advise using one over the other?
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.

Thanks C. I understand the safety concerns regarding DAA, but with respect to N-Methyl-D-aspartic acid, would you advise using one over the other?
    the study done was on DAA supplementation not NMDA... plus less concern taking DAA compared to NMDA
  13. Featured Author

OK thanks guys. That is what I gathered, that there was no safe dosage for NMDA and that it could be dangerous at certain dosages. You would figure if you took enough DAA that could be harmful as well, but maybe not......
    i dont know of any evidence that shows oral administration of nmda is toxic. or not toxic
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'4"  123 lbs.

i dont know of any evidence that shows oral administration of nmda is toxic. or not toxic
    PA, with this being said, how do you feel about iForce's new NMDA product, Intimidate?

first couple of logs:
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/188523-get-intimidated-tomahawk.html
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/188517-intimidate-u-ready.html
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/188514-napalms-sponsored-iforce.html

sorry about bunk links, still a noob in the eyes of AM
  15. Featured Author

Quote Originally Posted by allieninja View Post
    PA, with this being said, how do you feel about iForce's new NMDA product, Intimidate?

first couple of logs:
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/188523-get-intimidated-tomahawk.html
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/188514-napalms-sponsored-iforce.html

i have never heard of it. should i get all excited and stop what i am doing and read up on it?
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.

None of this sounds positive. Lol.
  17. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by allieninja View Post

first couple of logs:

I didn't realise the ingredient had been announced.

There was a competition on a UK forum to guess the ingredient and he who guessed NMDA did not win. Are you sure?
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  18. Registered User

None of this sounds positive. Lol.
    Clear you inbox please SP.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    Clear you inbox please SP.
    Done my friend.
  20. Banned

correct, I think its more assumption than actual fact. Seems to be a lot of NMDA toxicity articles on the net though for some reason.
  21. Featured Author

Seems to be a lot of NMDA toxicity articles on the net though for some reason.

there are a ton of NMDA related articles on the internet because it is an important tool in studying the brain
  22. Banned

there are a ton of NMDA related articles on the internet because it is an important tool in studying the brain
    must they be so negative? and scare us? or could they study they brain without the scary stuff?
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'4"  123 lbs.

i have never heard of it. should i get all excited and stop what i am doing and read up on it?
    Yes you should.

Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    I didn't realise the ingredient had been announced.

There was a competition on a UK forum to guess the ingredient and he who guessed NMDA did not win. Are you sure?
    Yes I am sure. The logs have already started.
  24. Registered User

I would advise DAA over NMDA, with the two primary reasons being:

1. DAA penetrates the BBB far more efficienctly than supplemental NMDA.
    2. DAA seems to have a better safety profile.
  25. Featured Author

possible role of NMDA receptors in muscle nerve transmission?

Muscle Nerve. 2011 Dec;44(6):987-9. doi: 10.1002/mus.22250.
    NMDA receptors at the endplate of rat skeletal muscles: Precise postsynaptic localization.

Malomouzh AI, Nurullin LF, Arkhipova SS, Nikolsky EE.
    Source

Kazan Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Russian Academy of Sciences, P.O. Box 30, Kazan 420111, Russia. artur57@gmail.com.

Abstract

In this study we demonstrate expression of the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor NR1 subunit in the rat neuromuscular junction of skeletal muscles of different functional types (extensor digitorum longus, soleus, and diaphragm muscles) using fluorescence immunocytochemistry. Electron microscopic immunocytochemistry has shown that the NR1 subunit is localized solely on the sarcolemma in the depths of the postsynaptic folds. These findings suggest participation of the glutamatergic signaling system in functioning of the adult mammalian neuromuscular junction.Muscle Nerve, 2011.
    Copyright 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.

PMID: 22102472 [PubMed - in process]
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.

I tried taking DAA twice, both times I couldn't sleep a wink a couple of days after I started. Worst insomnia ever. Sucks because I bought 3 tubs, so had to give them away
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.

This is all so very confusing and the consensus is, there is no consensus.What I've been able to gather so far regarding NMDA, is that it does more harm than good.
  28. Registered User

This is all so very confusing and the consensus is, there is no consensus.What I've been able to gather so far regarding NMDA, is that it does more harm than good.
    You need to do more reading.

Any of the supposed "harm" that NMDA causes it when it's applied directly directly to brain matter. You plan on removing your skull and applying liberally? LOL nope

Everyone had concerns when DAA came out, and then everyone realized they were wayyyy overblown.

Same is here.

iForce's new INTIMIDATE is pure NMDA and is going to make quite a few people happy with some impressive results.
    iForce Nutrition Representative - iTrain. iCompete. iDominate.
    iForce Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/iForceNutrition
    iForce website: www.iforcenutrition.com
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    You need to do more reading.

Any of the supposed "harm" that NMDA causes it when it's applied directly directly to brain matter. You plan on removing your skull and applying liberally? LOL nope

Everyone had concerns when DAA came out, and then everyone realized they were wayyyy overblown.

Same is here.

iForce's new INTIMIDATE is pure NMDA and is going to make quite a few people happy with some impressive results.
    Well if I need to do more reading, then so do many others in this thread, as it seems there are conflicting opinions on the long term impact of the ndma. No need to get defensive, which seems to be reflexive for you, take a step back for once in your life and look at it from the consumer's POV. We're all just trying to learn as much as we can and make informed decisions. Damn you are a sensitive guy sometimes.
  30. Banned

This is all so very confusing and the consensus is, there is no consensus.
    for real, I guess we should just use DAA for now......at least until the pure NMDA supps come around (as mentioned by one poster, that his company is releasing one).....I notice muscle warfare's NMDA is conglomeration of a dozen supplements, and whats worse I can't even figure out what mg amount of the first listed blend is ACTUALLY NMDA....I'd at least want a pure product where I know the ingredients exact dosage.
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

for real, I guess we should just use DAA for now......at least until the pure NMDA supps come around (as mentioned by one poster, that his company is releasing one).....I notice muscle warfare's NMDA is conglomeration of a dozen supplements, and whats worse I can't even figure out what mg amount of the first listed blend is ACTUALLY NMDA....I'd at least want a pure product where I know the ingredients exact dosage.
    iforce will be using 30mg nmda per serving.

32. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    That was pretty straight forward.
  33. Registered User

This is Intimidate right?? Is it out yet??
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.

How is this supposed to compare results wise to 3 grams DAA per day? Or is the point of the logs that I have seen popping up to find that out...
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid View Post
    How is this supposed to compare results wise to 3 grams DAA per day? Or is the point of the logs that I have seen popping up to find that out...
    Subscribe to the logs

36. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by vidapreta View Post
    This is Intimidate right?? Is it out yet??
    Not out yet. Beta logs are just starting.

37. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.

Subscribe to the logs
    Had a feeling you would say that lol
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid View Post
    Had a feeling you would say that lol
    The full write up hasn't been released yet, but I'm trying to find out as much as I can. Trust me I want to know just as much as you.

39. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.

The full write up hasn't been released yet, but I'm trying to find out as much as I can. Trust me I want to know just as much as you.
    Yeah, understood. I didnt know if you had some knowledge of the write up since you are a rep. Just curious if the company had any "theoretical" data to estimate gains compared to DAA. Looks like logs are the best we have available right now so Ill be sure to follow some of them.
  40. Banned

the bad part is that despite the fact the stuff is gonna work, since we already know big brother will work just as good and probably better than little brother.....but again, no way we will know long term sides....and the short term sides will be similar to DAA of course. So I doubt we learn much new info other than I am certain the loggers results should be superior to DAA.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. USPLabs D-aspartic acid Side Kick!
    By Guest in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 06-06-2012, 10:51 AM
  2. D-Aspartic Acid and estrogen effects
    By packers6211 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-19-2010, 06:36 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-08-2010, 10:32 AM