Ecdysterone - Any fans here?

Page 2 of 39 First 1234 ... Last

  1. so ThermoLife has the pure form of ecdy now? from what I remember reading years ago this form of ecdy should be pretty decent.edcy has come a long way.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by mich29 View Post
    so ThermoLife has the pure form of ecdy now? from what I remember reading years ago this form of ecdy should be pretty decent.edcy has come a long way.
    not just ecdy, but they have Turkesterone, which has ecdy and other components in it. Thermolife has exclusive right to it. they payed big bucks for that.

    Thermolife is a very underrated company on these boards, id say mainly because there are no reps pimpin it here. Dicana is one of my all time fat burners.
    This message was paid for by the Russians
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    not just ecdy, but they have Turkesterone, which has ecdy and other components in it. Thermolife has exclusive right to it. they payed big bucks for that.

    Thermolife is a very underrated company on these boards, id say mainly because there are no reps pimpin it here. Dicana is one of my all time fat burners.
    yea last I heard they were working on the whole turk and ecdy thing. its good to see they have worked out the bugs and etc.

    I agree they do a very solid job.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by GuyverX View Post
    Great stuff if you get a good potency.
    Nice to see this thread. I had actually been compiling a list of ecdy supps, noting the amount of beta-ecdysterones present in each capsule (adjusted for the standardization %). I didn't include any proprietary blends where the ecdy dosage was not given. Here's the list, if anyone is interested:

    495 mg/cap HOM Beta-Ecdysterone Anabolic Environment Enhancer
    300 mg/cap SciFit EcdySterone 300
    200 mg/cap Syntrax SyntraEC
    150 mg/cap Supreme Sports Enhancements Omnibolic
    100 mg/cap Peak Performance Ecdysone FX
    100 mg/cap Vyotech 17-HD
    98 mg/cap SciFit T-Max Dual Anabolic System
    52 mg/cap ThermoLife E-BOL
    25 mg/cap MRM ECDY-20
    25 mg/cap Universal IsoStak
    25 mg/cap Weider Beta-Ecdysterone
    20 mg/cap Scitec Nutrition MyoMeth
    15 mg/cap ThermoLife Ecdysten
    7.5 mg/cap LA Muscle Norateen Heavyweight II
    7.5 mg/cap LA Muscle Norateen II

    (If you guys see any omissions or errors, let me know and I can edit the list...)

    Personally, I took 300-400 mg of ecdy (Peak Performance product above), split into 3-4 doses each day, for about 4 weeks, with a high protein diet, a couple of years ago. To be honest, I didn't notice anything, good or bad. A bit disappointing.

    I'm thinking of getting the SSE Omnibolic and giving it another try though, this time with a different product and at a higher dose of 150 mg 3x/day (450 mg ED).

    Also, anyone have a study to back up the claim of synergy with methoxy?

    Cheers!
    Last edited by rchaves; 09-26-2010 at 10:09 AM. Reason: added entry to list

  5. Agreed, to a point....

    IMHO, PH's are a total gamble and have all sorts of unwelcomed sides that also need to be mitigated by additional supps (more $$$). Be sure to add THIS expense to the total tally.

    For me, at my age, it's postives to negatives ratio. ZERO concerns for and BS.

    Not to mention, how many PH's are totally bunk along with these over-hyped non-hormonal $$$-products we've seen on this board where only 50% of the users report positive feedback AND the rocommended dose ends up being TWICE what's recommended anyway (more $$$).

    Again, for an old guy like me, the lack of any sides and mild/modest aesthetic advantage I get is good enought for me to spend the cash. With PH's and these "non-hormonal" items pimped on this board are a total lottery witrh regard to cash spent and sides experienced.

    Quote Originally Posted by TravisG View Post
    I used it for a while. Nothing to special. Also, have your wallet ready. High amounts are needed for visbile results.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by rchaves View Post
    Nice to see this thread. I had actually been compiling a list of ecdy supps, noting the amount of beta-ecdysterones
    52 mg/cap ThermoLife E-BOL
    Ebol has 55mg per cap of plain Ecdy, but keep in mind Turkesterone also contains an additional amount of Ecdy as well, along with Cyasterone And Ajugasterone. Turk has 10mg per cap of those 3 ingrediand so it should be only a few more milligrams per cap.

    you have to keep in mind there are different forms and quality of Ecdy, and they are all not the same.
    This message was paid for by the Russians

  7. Chemistry

    The principal constituents of the whole plant are ecdysteroids (5 beta-cholest-6-on-7-ene derivatives) and flavonoids. Also polyacetylenes and triterpenes have been isolated from different parts of the plant (Girault et. al. 1984, Szendrei et. al. 1984, Varga et al. 1986 and 1990). Of the isolated compounds, only 20-hydroxyecdysone is currently considered to play an important role in the action of this plant. (Syrov and Kurmukov 1976). The main flavonoides are 6-methoxy-kampferol, patuletin, isorhamnetin-glycoside and quercetin-5-glycoside. All leaf and root samples contained 20-hydroxyecdysone as a main compound of Leuzea. The 20-hydroxyecdysone of the roots ranged from 0.12 to 0.20%, being higher than that of the leaves.The 20-hydroxyecdysone content of the leaves ranged between 0.006 and 0.10%. According to the quantitative and qualitative data obtained experimentally, the optimum time for root harvest of Leuzea carthamoides is at the end of August when the 20-hydroxyecdysone content is the highest.

    Pharmacology

    Leuzea considerably increases the capacity of tired skeletal muscles, and contributes to a more sparing use of carbohydrates and an enhanced new synthesis of glycogen and high-energy phosphorus compounds (Salnik 1967). When given to athletes, its extract is claimed to increase endurance, reflexes and concentration, while the athletes grew tired later and recovered earlier (Saratikov 1966). The rhizomes and roots of Leuzea carthamoides are officially listed in the Russian Pharmacopoeia. The fluid extract and the crude ecdysteroid fraction obtained from the roots are used in the production of Ecdysten tablets, which are used in the official medicine in Russia. Also other preparations made from these are marketed in a number of countries (Varga et.al. 1985); Cupka 1992). Leuzea provide high-value fodder material, the composition of the fresh and dry hay of Leuzea improved the tolerance of the animals to the extreme Siberian climatic conditions and increased milk production in cows (Vavilova and Kondratev 1975). In a recent study, a diet, containing 10% of Leuzea in meal increased the body weight and development of certain internal organs and affected the behavior of different experimental animals (Selepcova et.al. 1995). Leuzea carthamoides (Rhaponticum) is an old folk medicine for fatigue. It has been traditionally used as a stimulant, for overcoming impotence, and to assist convalescence from long illness. Russian and Eastern researchers have found that Rhaponticum has a beneficial effect on memory and learning, and can help break addictive behaviours. It increases working capacity in tired skeletal muscles, relieves neurosis, and benefits anabolic and adaptogenic processes Gadzhieva, R.M. et al. (1995). It enhances speed, strength, and functioning of the muscle system. Leuzea extracts has been used by Eastern Bloc athletes as a natural anabolic, adaptogen, and bio-stimulant.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    Ebol has 55mg per cap of plain Ecdy, but keep in mind Turkesterone also contains an additional amount of Ecdy as well, along with Cyasterone And Ajugasterone. Turk has 10mg per cap of those 3 ingrediand so it should be only a few more milligrams per cap.

    you have to keep in mind there are different forms and quality of Ecdy, and they are all not the same.
    look: Leuzea considerably increases the capacity of tired skeletal muscles, and contributes to a more sparing use of carbohydrates and an enhanced new synthesis of glycogen and high-energy phosphorus compounds (Salnik 1967).

  9. Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    Ebol has 55mg per cap of plain Ecdy, but keep in mind Turkesterone also contains an additional amount of Ecdy as well, along with Cyasterone And Ajugasterone. Turk has 10mg per cap of those 3 ingrediand so it should be only a few more milligrams per cap.

    you have to keep in mind there are different forms and quality of Ecdy, and they are all not the same.
    E-BOL has 110 mg of rhaponticum carthamoides per serving (2 caps), and the extract is standardized to 95% Ecdysterone , so 52 mg/cap of ecdy. (That's how I calculated all the values in that list, to compare the amount of actives per cap.)

    Thanks for the info about the other "sterones in there. I'm not familiar with them... are they supposed to be better/stronger?

    I've never tried E-BOL (yet?), but people rave about it in all of the ecdy threads on here. Still, including all the sterones (is that what they're called?), that's only 62 mg per cap.... Seems a bit underdosed to me, but I suppose if you take the recommended 6 caps ED, you're getting 372 mg ED. Maybe if the quality is as high as you claim, that's good enough? Or maybe there's good synergy or effects from the other ingredients in E-BOL's profile. Hmm. Sounds like I might have to modify my shopping cart again and go find out.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by rchaves View Post
    E-BOL has 110 mg of rhaponticum carthamoides per serving (2 caps), and the extract is standardized to 95% Ecdysterone , so 52 mg/cap of ecdy. (That's how I calculated all the values in that list, to compare the amount of actives per cap.)
    oh yes, that makes sense. you are right 52mg but not including the ecdy included in the turkesterone.

    yes there are different forms of ecdy, ebol is from Rhaponticum Carthamoides, and sytrax used ecdy from Cyanotis Vaga.

    there are different potencies and quality...you have to look it up, but here is a quote from thermolife...

    "And therein was the problem. Rhaponticum Carthamoides was exceedingly difficult to obtain, but many raw material suppliers where offering Cyanotis Vaga standardized for 95% pure ecdysterone. Upon further investigation we discovered that the ecdysterone content in Cyanotis Vaga was being measured using Ultra-Violate (UV). However, any qualified analytical chemist will tell you that High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) is the ONLY way to accurately verify ecdysterone purity. In fact, when an extract is verified by UV and claimed to be 95% pure, HPLC testing will reveal a more accurate purity level of 40%!

    Settling for a cheaper, unproven, and less concentrated source of ecdysterone was NOT an option! Especially when you consider that Rhaponticum Carthamoides is what has been clinically proven to be ferociously anabolic - NOT Cyanotis Vaga."

    Quote Originally Posted by MAxximal View Post
    look: Leuzea considerably increases the capacity of tired skeletal muscles, and contributes to a more sparing use of carbohydrates and an enhanced new synthesis of glycogen and high-energy phosphorus compounds (Salnik 1967).
    carbs....lol, i think i heard of those before...ill stick to protein and fat.

    not to show off, but have you seen my transformation Maxx?? just saying, because i never eat carbs, well 30-50grams daily every day for the last 3 years without cycling or anything.
    Last edited by ax1; 09-26-2010 at 01:49 PM.
    This message was paid for by the Russians

  11. Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    carbs....lol, i think i heard of those before...ill stick to protein and fat.

    not to show off, but have you seen my transformation Maxx?? just saying, because i never eat carbs, well 30-50grams daily every day for the last 3 years without cycling or anything.
    link to pics?
    CELTIC LABS REP

  12. Quote Originally Posted by tnubs View Post
    link to pics?
    just ran a log....post 1 was from a couple of months ago, and post 2 was from 2/2008. i did finish the log and have more recent leaner pics at the end of this thread.
    W/PICS! Alpha-T2, ECA, Ghenerate, Xlean log
    This message was paid for by the Russians

  13. Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    just ran a log....post 1 was from a couple of months ago, and post 2 was from 2/2008. i did finish the log and have more recent leaner pics at the end of this thread.
    W/PICS! Alpha-T2, ECA, Ghenerate, Xlean log
    Damn man!!! AWESOME TRANSFORMATION I need some stuff for Increase my Strength but like you with NO CARBS so i will try this man did you use any other supp for strength with ecdy?

  14. Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    just ran a log....post 1 was from a couple of months ago, and post 2 was from 2/2008. i did finish the log and have more recent leaner pics at the end of this thread.
    W/PICS! Alpha-T2, ECA, Ghenerate, Xlean log
    nice job, bro. can definetly tell your korean heritage with that skin tone haha
    CELTIC LABS REP

  15. Quote Originally Posted by MAxximal View Post
    Damn man!!! AWESOME TRANSFORMATION I need some stuff for Increase my Strength but like you with NO CARBS so i will try this man did you use any other supp for strength with ecdy?
    i dont train for strength really, because im mostly in either cutting or recomp mode.

    currently im using Ebol with super cissus, vpx powershock and Erase. my muscles feel very swolen, i love it.

    ive done ebol with cbol and got great performance enchancement, but 20 days in i decided to stack natadrol in it which made things really interesting.

    you dont need carbs to gain muscle and strength. the trick is to get enough dietary intake of protein and fats. if i personally wanted to bulk and get strong, ill just increase the amount of food i eat, and make sure i get a nice amount of saturated and essential fats. i just dont do it anymore because im genetically a mess and get fat too easy, im going for the bruce lee look.

    Quote Originally Posted by tnubs View Post
    nice job, bro. can definetly tell your korean heritage with that skin tone haha
    some of us north koreans are really pale. my makeup artist does a nice job with self tanners before i appear in public or television.
    This message was paid for by the Russians

  16. Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post

    currently im using Ebol with super cissus, vpx powershock and Erase. my muscles feel very swolen, i love it.

    ive done ebol with cbol and got great performance enchancement, but 20 days in i decided to stack natadrol in it which made things really interesting.
    .
    Do you have a cash tree in your backyard by any chance? It's fall time so the $ are showing their colors! lol

  17. Quote Originally Posted by BrYmAsTeR17 View Post
    Do you have a cash tree in your backyard by any chance? It's fall time so the $ are showing their colors! lol
    lol.....bodybuilding is an expensive sport and investment. fortunately, it really doesn't cost much to feed me so it all balances out.
    This message was paid for by the Russians

  18. Practical uses for ecdysteroids in mammals including humans

    http://www.insectscience.org/3.7/

  19. Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    lol.....bodybuilding is an expensive sport and investment. fortunately, it really doesn't cost much to feed me so it all balances out.
    what do you eat if u cant eat carbs? chicken and steak get boring if u dont add some carbs with them
    CELTIC LABS REP

  20. Quote Originally Posted by tnubs View Post
    what do you eat if u cant eat carbs? chicken and steak get boring if u dont add some carbs with them
    this is what i had today, and will have later today. today is my off day.

    breakfast 40gr protein shake and 20 almonds

    2.5 hours later 1/3 pound hamburger 10% fat with some lettuce, a little tomato sauce and 1 slice tomato, 10-15 almonds

    2.5 hours later 30gr myofusion shake 10 almonds

    2.5 hours later atkins bar

    maybe ill have 10-20 almonds again in between here

    3 hours later 2 whole eggs, 1/2 cup egg whites, 2 splendas, 25 soybeans for omelate, no oil but will use butter spray

    pre-bed 40gr myofusion shake

    i drink coffee with half and half about 4-6 cups a day, but i do brew it light so i dont overdue the caffeine. i get fat from the half and half, its important to know that.

    you shouldnt treat food as something to enjoy, you need to not be a regular human on the street but a machine, and feed it what it needs. i do enjoy what i eat its not that ridiculous, but im at the point id rather die than eat carbs and risk gaining fat again. well im not that crazy, but im being dead serious about eating, its the only way for me to turn into something beyond normal, which i still have more work to do of course.

    i dont count calories or macros....i know what i need and how much i need it. after 18 years of dieting i make it simple and just go by the way my body feels. im never hungry, i dont believe in that.
    This message was paid for by the Russians

  21. Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    breakfast 40gr protein shake and 20 almonds
    ,10 almonds
    2.5 hours later 30gr myofusion shake 10 almonds
    maybe ill have 10-20 almonds again in between here
    pre-bed 40gr myofusion shake
    half and half, .
    Each of these has traces of carbs.

    The shakes have carbs if there is sugar in them and if you use milk-that's carbs. Almonds have traces of carbs, even natural ones; One serving has approximately 3 carbs. Half and half has carbs as it's essentially cream and sugar which become carbs.

    I'd say you get about ten to fifteen carbs a day if you use water for protein shakes.

    ^see everybody needs carbs

  22. See the conversation starts to confuse me when it comes to ecdy. Sourcing, potency, brands.... So I think at some point ill have to try ebol, 2 bottles for 50 days. Ill probably throw in a methoxy for synergy too.

    If usp labs products worked for me, im willing to give this a try too. Btw, ph's always worked for me, and saw little to no sides.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by BrYmAsTeR17 View Post
    Each of these has traces of carbs.
    i have stated that i consume 30-50 grams of carbs daily in a previous post. yes you are correct.

    the only thing is that i dont count fiber, and i do have 20 grams of psyllium husks nightly to aid in digestion, but i dont count that either since fiber doesnt impact blood sugar.
    This message was paid for by the Russians

  24. Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    i have stated that i consume 30-50 grams of carbs daily in a previous post. yes you are correct.

    the only thing is that i dont count fiber, and i do have 20 grams of psyllium husks nightly to aid in digestion, but i dont count that either since fiber doesnt impact blood sugar.
    Oh I thought you said you were zero-carb. My Bad.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by BrYmAsTeR17 View Post
    Oh I thought you said you were zero-carb. My Bad.
    i did say that, i usually say i dont eat carbs....its just the way i speak but sorry for the confusion. im on a very low year round low carb diet to be specific. i may experiment with cycling some day but im not ready for that yet.

    cutting out carbs 99.5% does have its benefits of more fat loss due to ketosis...but i dont feel like doing that, even i have my weaknesses.
    This message was paid for by the Russians
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Ecdysterone
    By ironparson in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-20-2016, 03:22 PM
  2. need some help on ecdysterone
    By FLAwrestler88 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-24-2009, 03:37 PM
  3. ecdysterone
    By superbot in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-26-2008, 03:24 PM
  4. Ecdysterone
    By Wolfe08 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-14-2005, 09:03 PM
Log in
Log in