What Is The Best Nutrient Partitioning Supplement?

Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
  1. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,454
    Answers
    7


    That article you copied and pasted is awful by the way. Don't believe everything you read on the net. No references = no bueno
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES

  2. Registered User
    Whacked's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,420
    Answers
    0


    I had no idea. Thanks Coop
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  3. Registered User
    Geoforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,877
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Nor the best IMO.Anyway whacked. gymnema is a very well documented glucose blocker.EDIT: It's getting to the point that I can't even post on AM anymore due to the hassle and glitches. gonna have to make separate posts for banaba
    Been working fine for me. You gotta figure out what's going on Coop, we can't have you not posting on AM!
    EvoMuse Products Rep

    PM me with any questions!
    •   
       

  4. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,304
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    (oleanolic acid, arjunolic acid, asiatic acid, maslinic acid, corosolic acid and 23-hydroxyursolic acid)

    You will see these back in my future products, as isolated extracts.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  5. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,454
    Answers
    7


    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    (oleanolic acid, arjunolic acid, asiatic acid, maslinic acid, corosolic acid and 23-hydroxyursolic acid)

    You will see these back in my future products, as isolated extracts.
    I'm most interested in 1 and 6.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  6. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,304
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    I'm most interested in 1 and 6.
    I'll leave 6 to PA, since he has already gone that direction.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  7. Registered User
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,829
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Geoforce View Post
    To an extent slintensity prevents the absorption of carbs, but it's not like it prevents all of them. I've used it for two weeks now on my carb ups with UD 2.0 and I'd say the biggest difference is less weight gain on my carb ups (water related perhaps?) and not feeling the exhaustion I usually get in terms of carb ups after going from very low carbs to high carbs. I'm not noticing any energy decrease in my workouts following the carb ups so I'd assume it's still letting me replace glycogen fairly well during this. This is what I've noticed, obviously I'd have to be very strict in monitoring everything to really hammer home the difference between a carb up without Slintensity and one with it. Don't know if that helps one bit Mike
    Solid post bro, appreciate it. Ill stick with r-ala for my carb up, and slintensity for pct!
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  8. Registered User
    MAxximal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,902
    Answers
    0


    Ellagitannins, Lagerstroemin, Flosin B, Reginin A, Corosolic Acid....

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14501154
    SNS Online Representative
    Maxximal @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

    Got Glycophase ...?


  9. Registered User
    MAxximal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,902
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    (oleanolic acid, arjunolic acid, asiatic acid, maslinic acid, corosolic acid and 23-hydroxyursolic acid)

    You will see these back in my future products, as isolated extracts.
    plus Gallic acid too (induces GLUT4 translocation and glucose uptake activity)
    SNS Online Representative
    Maxximal @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

    Got Glycophase ...?


  10. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,304
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by MAxximal View Post
    plus Gallic acid too (induces GLUT4 translocation and glucose uptake activity)
    The future products will not be glucose centered, necessarily.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  11. Registered User
    mcc23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    531
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    Insulin is not stored in the fat cells, glucose is (once converted to fat cells of course).

    What an NP?
    Yes, I apologize thats what I meant. NP is a nutrient partitioner
  12. Registered User
    Whacked's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,420
    Answers
    0


    No Sweat bro. Im still confused - are there NP's on the market that preferentially direct glucose to muscle as stated in your previous post?

    Quote Originally Posted by mcc23 View Post
    Yes, I apologize thats what I meant. NP is a nutrient partitioner
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  13. Registered User
    mcc23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    531
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    No Sweat bro. Im still confused - are there NP's on the market that preferentially direct glucose to muscle as stated in your previous post?
    That seems to be the million dollar question. Most products are GDA's but claim to have NP properties..Na-R-ala is often advertised as a NP but I believe that it's more of a GDA. I just got some Slin Sane v2 which is marketed as a NP. It has Na-R-Ala in it, as well as a few other "NP's". I suppose the best way to tell whether or not they're effective GDA/NP's is through using them. The label is intended to "sell" you..Trial and error is likely the best method.
    I've felt hypoglycemia from my Na-R-Ala when I take ~300 mg before carb meals so that leads me to believe it's effective at mimicking insulin and clearing and glucose that may be present in the blood stream. Whether or not that glucose is being stored as glycogen or in the adipose tissue is something that needs to be observed in the mirror after some time. Since using it, my waistline has stayed the same size and scale hasn't really jumped, but I definitely look larger in the mirror.This is usually upon waking, not after a massive carb-up where an increase in fullness is expected..

    Cooper usually has some solid input with matters such as these.. Perhaps he'd be willing to further advise you/us..
  14. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,304
    Answers
    0


    I have a University in Hong Kong designing a study for us right now. I'm going to see what they are proposing for measurement procedures before we actually commit to fund it.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  15. Registered User
    jerrysiii's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    276
    Answers
    0


    My take on these so far is that there are basically two different types of GDAs. 1) Mimicks of insulin that clear glucose for the blood. 2) "Carb blockers" that stop carbohydrate from ever entering the blood.

    IMO, the first type are best used when lean bulking and even then best used post workout. I do not buy into using these with a high carb meal or other "cheat" meal outside of the PO window. There is no evidence that they would be useful simply because they are not selective to muscle cells. On the other hand, post-workout muscles are ready and insulin itself will be selective in this environment. I am using Slin-Sane V2 for this purpose -- just started two days ago. I'm taking one cap right after workout and 15 mins later eating 60gm protein and 100gm carbs. In other words, use this type of GDA as an advanced bodybuilder would use actual insulin.

    The GDAs that contain "carb blockers" would be better suited for cutting. Simply use before highest carb meal of the day. If on a very low carb diet, wait for your carb-up.

    Anyway that's may take after reading this thread. I welcome the input of the experts.
  16. Registered User
    mcc23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    531
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysiii View Post
    My take on these so far is that there are basically two different types of GDAs. 1) Mimicks of insulin that clear glucose for the blood. 2) "Carb blockers" that stop carbohydrate from ever entering the blood.

    IMO, the first type are best used when lean bulking and even then best used post workout. I do not buy into using these with a high carb meal or other "cheat" meal outside of the PO window. There is no evidence that they would be useful simply because they are not selective to muscle cells. On the other hand, post-workout muscles are ready and insulin itself will be selective in this environment. I am using Slin-Sane V2 for this purpose -- just started two days ago. I'm taking one cap right after workout and 15 mins later eating 60gm protein and 100gm carbs. In other words, use this type of GDA as an advanced bodybuilder would use actual insulin.

    The GDAs that contain "carb blockers" would be better suited for cutting. Simply use before highest carb meal of the day. If on a very low carb diet, wait for your carb-up.

    Anyway that's may take after reading this thread. I welcome the input of the experts.

    IMO I'd skip the one cap immediately post workout.You said it yourself that your body is most insulin sensitive post workout.. Our bodies trans locate the Glut-4 in skeletal muscle post workout, and remains at the plasma membrane for up to 4-5 hours post workout.. I'd still take 1 cap w/ 2nd post workout meal, however.
  17. Registered User
    jerrysiii's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    276
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mcc23 View Post
    IMO I'd skip the one cap immediately post workout.You said it yourself that your body is most insulin sensitive post workout.. Our bodies trans locate the Glut-4 in skeletal muscle post workout, and remains at the plasma membrane for up to 4-5 hours post workout.. I'd still take 1 cap w/ 2nd post workout meal, however.
    You may be right. However, from my research it looks like the guys that use real insulin do so predominantly post-workout. I figure if these compounds mimic exogenous insulin, I want to use them in the same manner. Also, I would normally only have 40gm of carbs post-workout. I've bumped this up to 100.
  18. Registered User
    Outstanding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,461
    Answers
    0


    Is there any type of consensus whatsoever on the worthiness of looking into Slintensity? http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/s...y-60-caps.html

    I am surprised over the years virtually no one other than one or two mom-and-pop private label companies have offered 4-OH. I've tried everything out there, and that's not an overstatement, literally everything. I have yet to try some of the new product from the last year or two, really enjoyed Recompadrol and kind of stopped looking elsewhere.

    Question: Why are companies lately favoring Banaba 1% over the much more potent 20% that companies have used for a few years now? Is it just cheaper and they're hoping we don't notice, or has some new research emerged showing an inferior standardization is somehow better?
  19. Registered User
    BigGame84's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    763
    Answers
    0


    Has anybody tried stacking SlinTensity and SSV2?

    I tried this preworkout last week, along with 60 grams of carbs, and my friend thought I was "on" something.
  20. Registered User
    Geoforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,877
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Outstanding View Post
    Is there any type of consensus whatsoever on the worthiness of looking into Slintensity? http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/s...y-60-caps.html

    I am surprised over the years virtually no one other than one or two mom-and-pop private label companies have offered 4-OH. I've tried everything out there, and that's not an overstatement, literally everything. I have yet to try some of the new product from the last year or two, really enjoyed Recompadrol and kind of stopped looking elsewhere.

    Question: Why are companies lately favoring Banaba 1% over the much more potent 20% that companies have used for a few years now? Is it just cheaper and they're hoping we don't notice, or has some new research emerged showing an inferior standardization is somehow better?
    Below is some of our initial feedback. Been very positive and I haven't seen a negative word yet. Keep in mind no other product has 4-OH at an 80% extract like we are offering. Slintensity+GlycoMyx for under 30 dollars right now is an insane deal that is almost up.


    Just took my first dose of slintensity before my Pre workout meal. 60 grams carbs from oats, 10 egg whites.

    This stuff rocks! The pump was insane. I didn't feel bloated at all during my workout! My stomach felt empty which is rare when I eat carbs. Iv tried glycobol and slin sane, slintensity is by far my favorite gda
    ~5hrs after first dose of slintensity and glycomyx (downed some in between work and classes) - fullness, vascularity definitely noticeable.
    SlinTensity definitely seems to be the strongest of the GDA's I've tried. With the amount of carbs I eat, others weren't worth the price for me. I'd have to dose 5-6 caps with some products to get what I am from 2 caps of SlinTensity. Not having to ever go beyond 2 caps, its something I can run consistently. I already placed and received another order.
    I dosed 1 cap of slintensity pre-workout. Throughout my workout I sipped on 1.5 scoops of glycomyx and 20g of carbs from Agave Syrup.

    +Insane Vascularity
    +Godly Muscle Fullness
    +Giant Endurance Boost
    EvoMuse Products Rep

    PM me with any questions!
  21. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,304
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Outstanding View Post
    Is there any type of consensus whatsoever on the worthiness of looking into Slintensity? http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/s...y-60-caps.html

    I am surprised over the years virtually no one other than one or two mom-and-pop private label companies have offered 4-OH. I've tried everything out there, and that's not an overstatement, literally everything. I have yet to try some of the new product from the last year or two, really enjoyed Recompadrol and kind of stopped looking elsewhere.

    Question: Why are companies lately favoring Banaba 1% over the much more potent 20% that companies have used for a few years now? Is it just cheaper and they're hoping we don't notice, or has some new research emerged showing an inferior standardization is somehow better?
    The 20% banaba is standardized ONLY for corosolic acid. If you head up the thread a bit, you will see the reason why....the other compounds contained are valuable.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  22. Registered User
    mcc23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    531
    Answers
    0


    Honestly, I'd like to know if all these pre-made blends of GDA's/NP's are really significantly better than a respectable dose of Na-R-ala. Considering the cost/benefit. Of course someone who is selling the product will always say the blend is better, but honestly it carries a little bias in my opinion. No offense, but it's just reality. Until we can see scientific evidence that all these products act mainly as a nutrient partition-er, and not just as an insulin mimicker, it'll be trial and error to find what really works.
  23. Board Supporter
    wastedwhiteboy2's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,988
    Answers
    0


    Sounds like the NP's shuttle glycogen to muscles but decrease insulin sensitivity and the GDA's shuttle glycogen out of the bloodstream to either muscle or fat but increases insulin sensitivity. So neither are really helping us unless the GDA's can specifiy muscle uptake.
  24. Registered User
    Whacked's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,420
    Answers
    0


    MANY of these questions/issues have been belabored to death on this GREAT THREAD

    Best GDA for High Glycemic Carbohydrates

    That said, I still remained unconvinced after all the excellent insight and info applied to the thread that ANY supp has the ability PREFERENTIALLY shuttle nutrients into the muscle cells verses fat cells (in an UN-exercised state).


    Quote Originally Posted by mcc23 View Post
    Honestly, I'd like to know if all these pre-made blends of GDA's/NP's are really significantly better than a respectable dose of Na-R-ala. Considering the cost/benefit. Of course someone who is selling the product will always say the blend is better, but honestly it carries a little bias in my opinion. No offense, but it's just reality. Until we can see scientific evidence that all these products act mainly as a nutrient partition-er, and not just as an insulin mimicker, it'll be trial and error to find what really works.
    Quote Originally Posted by wastedwhiteboy2 View Post
    Sounds like the NP's shuttle glycogen to muscles but decrease insulin sensitivity and the GDA's shuttle glycogen out of the bloodstream to either muscle or fat but increases insulin sensitivity. So neither are really helping us unless the GDA's can specifiy muscle uptake.
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  25. Registered User
    Geoforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,877
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mcc23 View Post
    Honestly, I'd like to know if all these pre-made blends of GDA's/NP's are really significantly better than a respectable dose of Na-R-ala. Considering the cost/benefit. Of course someone who is selling the product will always say the blend is better, but honestly it carries a little bias in my opinion. No offense, but it's just reality. Until we can see scientific evidence that all these products act mainly as a nutrient partition-er, and not just as an insulin mimicker, it'll be trial and error to find what really works.
    Why not compare? Try Slintensity while it is super cheap and comes with free GlycoMyx. If you feel it was a waste of money I'll send you a product from us from my own personal stash free of charge. I haven't seen anyone say anything negative about it in terms of being the strongest GDA out there or regretting their purchase. All our feedback has been from people who have bought their own bottle as we haven't had any logs yet so the feedback isn't tainted by confirmation bias.
    EvoMuse Products Rep

    PM me with any questions!
  26. Registered User
    Outstanding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,461
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Geoforce View Post
    Below is some of our initial feedback. Been very positive and I haven't seen a negative word yet. Keep in mind no other product has 4-OH at an 80% extract like we are offering. Slintensity+GlycoMyx for under 30 dollars right now is an insane deal that is almost up.
    Thanks for the help, I've always been a fan of 4-OH which is why I've been so confused why it was so hard for years, and even now, to find in the marketplace? I know other companies make it, but it's always 20-40% extract I believe, so it's great to see a higher potency.

    Can I please ask why the 1% banaba though? I've always reached for products with 20%, but perhaps higher isn't always better regarding specific constituents of the herb, I'm not sure, but would love some insight because pairing a 80% 4-OH extract with a 1% seemed odd to me, thanks again. (EDIT: My assumptions were right, I see someone already answered this question, thanks)

    PS: (Question for everyone) Out of the ridiculous amount of 'designer carb' choices out there today from almost everyone, Gaspari/VPX/Professional Supplements/Labrada etc etc etc... I've long ruled out Vitargo because those morons have a patent monopoly and charge laughable prices, but what would be the best 2 choices for DURING WORKOUT, AND POST WORKOUT for the most intense energy/pump support and insulin spike, and why?
  27. Registered User
    Torobestia's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,199
    Answers
    0


    Damn Outstanding, when did you pop your head back in here?

    A simple answer to your question is that banaba has a lot of interesting constituents in it. When you standardize for corosolic acid, you eliminate the concentration of the other constituents in your supplement. What are some known ingredients in banaba extract? See below:

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    (oleanolic acid, arjunolic acid, asiatic acid, maslinic acid, corosolic acid and 23-hydroxyursolic acid)

    There is some discussion at the bottom of page 6 continuing into page 7 to answer your question in detail. Evidently, corosolic acid is a small player in banaba extract, and there could be far more interesting things in it. I'd suggest you go back to read up on the discussion, follow the links, etc.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html
  28. Registered User
    Outstanding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,461
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    Damn Outstanding, when did you pop your head back in here?

    A simple answer to your question is that banaba has a lot of interesting constituents in it. When you standardize for corosolic acid, you eliminate the concentration of the other constituents in your supplement. What are some known ingredients in banaba extract? See below:


    There is some discussion at the bottom of page 6 continuing into page 7 to answer your question in detail. Evidently, corosolic acid is a small player in banaba extract, and there could be far more interesting things in it. I'd suggest you go back to read up on the discussion, follow the links, etc.
    Haha, hey man! I stop in maybe once or twice a month, rarely post, still catching up on new career and getting ready for other life changes as I look toward graduating from my roaring twenties.

    Thanks so much for your help!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. oral roids and ph's with nutrient partitioning
    By halfhuman in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-10-2011, 03:39 PM
  2. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-16-2008, 12:12 PM
  3. nutrient partitioning
    By TheeBC in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-03-2008, 11:56 AM
  4. T3 and Nutrient Partitioning
    By doggzj in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-06-2005, 09:16 PM
  5. Alpha Lipoic Acid Nutrient Partitioning Properties?
    By LunaHotel in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-18-2004, 12:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in