BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
gonna give it a listen when I get home...at work right now

wolverines

wolverines

Awards
  • Established
Carbs are your best friend post workout imo ;)

KarlaG

KarlaG

Banned
Awards
I think you've misspelt friend DJ!

-Karla (your freind)

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Any one else begg to differ with this doctor.?

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
I train first thing in the morning so carbs are definitely friendly. I start mine near the end of the workout.

I have tried getting through the day without them and really struggled mentally and physically.

Type and amount depended on what i was training on the day.

If i was training at night i'd probably limit them though.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Any one else listen to it and try to understand it.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
eatingisfun

eatingisfun

Awards
  • Established
I've actually been doing this, before even listening to that show. I train in the evening and I used to take a small amount of carbs from rice after the workout which was around 7 PM and maybe 30g carbs at the most. I think it's made some difference in the fat loss and it makes some sense what he was saying which was you remain more insulin sensitive if you don't eat carbs post workout.

I haven't gotten the full benefit since I am taking whey post workout and it does have an insulin response. Next protein order I'll be getting some other protein for post workout to try.

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Its goin to depend on your goal. If you want to stay sensitive to insulin, take Alpha Lipoic Acid, and or Chromium Picolinate. George Farrah is a huge believer in carbs, even in contest dieting, and he's dialing in bodybuilders who are turning pro left and right. Plus he did Branch Warren's diet for the 2009 Olympia and he placed his highest ever, 2nd place. His philosophy is that its bodybuilding, therefore you should'nt be losing muscle while dieting. He has some other beliefs and they are all really interesting and make great points.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Carbs PWO are over-rated. Ive never been leaner since Ive cut them out. However, many do just fine with PWO-carbs. As always, this is all based on the individiual's response.

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
Its goin to depend on your goal. If you want to stay sensitive to insulin, take Alpha Lipoic Acid, and or Chromium Picolinate. George Farrah is a huge believer in carbs, even in contest dieting, and he's dialing in bodybuilders who are turning pro left and right. Plus he did Branch Warren's diet for the 2009 Olympia and he placed his highest ever, 2nd place. His philosophy is that its bodybuilding, therefore you should'nt be losing muscle while dieting. He has some other beliefs and they are all really interesting and make great points.
Branch Warren, or any other pro, won't lose muscle because of everything else they are using.

It's a completely different ballgame for naturals and the average gym trainer.

I've used gear in the past with decent rest periods between cycles and noticed an enormous difference in what i can and cannnot do when on or off.

Liftingstud

Awards
  • Established
The issue comes with GH release postworkout. You get a nice surge in release after you workout but if you take in carbs you can decrease this natural rise in GH. So what I have recently read that George talks about us using an isolate protein right after workingout. Then waiting 20-30min to take in a carb source such as waxy maize.

But like it gas been said... Everyone is different and different things work.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Branch and all of them use juice to alter there hormons so what ever is low they just supplement with juice or gh,slin to keep there levels peak.

purebred

And Karla misspelled the word "misspelt"
technically, she misspelled the word "misspelled". :)

gotcha!:nervous:

on another note, i concur with the belief that carbs are overrated PWO. i think there are more important ingredients to help jump-start recovery and recuperation such as say...BCAAs?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
solomon-chan Weight Loss 15
Supplements 22
Nutrition / Health 7
cruze1911r1 Nutrition / Health 38
Anabolics 23