Page 1 of 11 1236 ... Last
  1. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.89%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

best nutrient re-partitioner

Hi guys,

I've tried glycobol and liked it. Was wondering if there other as good or better nutrient re-partitioners. It seems I have low sensitivity to carbs, ie tend to put on fat rather easily when having carbs. So what are people's opinions?

Thanks,

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.75%

There's loads, Anabolic Pump, Na-RALA, "Yellow Gold" (allegedly)

Whether they are better or not ...

Na-RALA had some criticism. AP never heard anything either way - running it now. Yellow Gold is the cheapest. I've got some but not run it.
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.58%

Quote Originally Posted by saggy321 View Post
    Hi guys,

I've tried glycobol and liked it. Was wondering if there other as good or better nutrient re-partitioners. It seems I have low sensitivity to carbs, ie tend to put on fat rather easily when having carbs. So what are people's opinions?

Thanks,
    NeoVar- which contains banaba, D-pinitol, and gymnemma (all good nutrient repartitioners)

salacia oblonga
    R-ALA
    berberine
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.72%

What exactly did you "like" about the glycobol?
  5. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.75%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

There are a few good ones out there along with the Glycobol.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  6. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.28%

superdrol, hands down.

Joke. (steroid)
    The Truth is, there is no Truth.
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.04%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I have tried nutrient re-partitioner about since the time I started body building. Some people like to take these 45 minutes before I have found out with my body 15 minutes or with them is best.

My experience

Vanayl sufate (2002)(spelling) I always got the sh*ts when i upped the dose. their were guys I know doing 150 mgs a day. I tried it and every time I tried it same thing happened. Try it and see if it works for you because I knew many guys who took it and were fine. For some reason at time time my body was intolerant to it.

N-R-Ala (2004)i used to buy this for 25 $ for 200 mg , 90 capsules months supply because it was the r quality source(not the cheap version of ala) and it worked like a charm for myself.. This worked very well for me. In fact I did not expect it to work as good as it did.

Yellow Gold (2007) I used this with at least 60 carbs usually. Some people could get away with dosing it 45 before.My body worked best at about 20 minutes before carb meals. Moving on, a person must learn what works for their body. every body is different and while some people can dose 45 minutes before a meal , I tried it and it made me feel like low insulin levels/fainty feeling. not a fun feeling if I did not get my carbs in

Pslin(2007)- Seemed to make me hungrier and more potent than yellow gold.

Glycobol(2009)-has na-r-ala the superior ala form. and a whole host of other stuff related to insulin mimickers including Trigonella Seed Isolate (standardized to 10% 4-hydroxyisoleucine),Phellodendr on Extract (Standardized to 90% Berberine),Cinnamon Bark 20:1 extract (standardized for 16% flavonoids), BMOV (Bis-Malto-Oxovanadium) I used this on surplus calorie diet and my muscles looked fuller, better pumps, less insulin crash from the surplus calories and better muscle gains and an overall clear headed feeling I get from any n-r-ala.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.04%

Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    NeoVar- which contains banaba, D-pinitol, and gymnemma (all good nutrient repartitioners)

salacia oblonga
    R-ALA
    berberine
    I agree they are good. I have yet to try d-pintol. I have heard good things
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.56%

i will admit, glycobol made me look/feel fuller. unlike AP or yellow gold... i really dont think yellow gold did anything and AP didnt seem to do much. but pslin did help a little with endurance during workouts
    CELTIC LABS REP
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.75%

This a useful thread. How do you think nutrient partitioning works? Do you think its promoting glycogen storaging in muscles at the expense of laying down fat?

Glycobol does look interesting. This thread appears to rate it over Anabolic Pump
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.14%

if u had to pick just one single ingredient for increasing insulin sensitivity/ nutrient repartitioning. Or is that kinda two different angle?
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.88%

Anabolic pump worked the best for me so far. 20 minutes before my meals with 30-40 grams of complex carbs (usually oats or sweet potatoes).

I've used others but didn't get the same effect.

Never tried YG.

Haven't touched my 6 boxes of P-Slin yet.
  13. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.32%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

Quote Originally Posted by matthias7 View Post
    This a useful thread. How do you think nutrient partitioning works? Do you think its promoting glycogen storaging in muscles at the expense of laying down fat?

Glycobol does look interesting. This thread appears to rate it over Anabolic Pump
    i've used both, i liked glycobol a lot-took 2 caps waited 20 minutes ate some carbs and headed to gym-felt fuller and very pumped. used 1 cap before meals and seemed to stay pumped and looked leaner even though i put on 2 lbs.
    i gained 5 lbs on ap and most was fat-can't explain it, just didn't work for me???
  14. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.72%

Try plain old apple cider vinegar, I think you will be surprised!
  15. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.32%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

Quote Originally Posted by emiliozapata View Post
    Try plain old apple cider vinegar, I think you will be surprised!
    hahaha, my mother swears by apple cider vinegar, she has 2 tbsn every day.
  16. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.75%

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    hahaha, my mother swears by apple cider vinegar, she has 2 tbsn every day.
    Mom always know the best.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.08%

I like anabolic pump, PSlin seems to work better for me tho. I have yet to try glycobol so if anyone has a bottle they would like to trade, I've got 1 unopened bottle of AP and a couple 3/4 full bottles. PM me
  18. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.14%

Ive always been a fan of Banaba (whats in neovar, pslin). However I also like bitter melon extract, aka Momordica- there is a lot of science behind this fruit to help repartition nutrients favorably. Also primarily used in southeast asia as a naturopathic treatment for diabetes. This is one of my favorites, i think LGs I-GH-1 has it, or you can buy it separately.. I agree with Smeton- narala is also a surprisingly excellent choice. I also would like to chime in regarding BPOV, BMOV, and Vanadyl Sulphate being effective. Vanadyl compounds have shown great promise in nutrient repartitioning as well as anti-diabetics, however a major concern for people was vanadyl toxicity.
  19. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.04%

By the way on the yellow gold I did two different dosing protocols

I tried one and two capsules. I think it was the two capsules that caused the dainty/dizzy/low insulin feeling if I remember correctly so i lowered it back to one capsule. Id recommend playing with dosing to find your sweet spot. I was 220 at the time and concluded for me one capsule 3 x's daily was enough but if taking in a massive carb meal two capsules can work well.

Im surprised I remember this information as it has been three years since I done yellow gold

I took the yellow gold with at least 3 meals(as I was taking in high carbohydrates at the time)
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.75%

Thank you. I'm about to run Yellow Gold in a month or so this is welcome advise.

Nutra gives very little info on YG at all - they really need to improve there web info. They only say "it might not taste good". Huh I am educated.

Also hitting the "sweet spot" is excellent advise and I doubt I've got the most out of AP.

Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    By the way on the yellow gold I did two different dosing protocols

I tried one and two capsules. I think it was the two capsules that caused the dainty/dizzy/low insulin feeling if I remember correctly so i lowered it back to one capsule. Id recommend playing with dosing to find your sweet spot. I was 220 at the time and concluded for me one capsule 3 x's daily was enough but if taking in a massive carb meal two capsules can work well.

Im surprised I remember this information as it has been three years since I done yellow gold

I took the yellow gold with at least 3 meals(as I was taking in high carbohydrates at the time)
  21. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.04%

Quote Originally Posted by matthias7 View Post
    Thank you. I'm about to run Yellow Gold in a month or so this is welcome advise.

Nutra gives very little info on YG at all - they really need to improve there web info. They only say "it might not taste good". Huh I am educated.

Also hitting the "sweet spot" is excellent advise and I doubt I've got the most out of AP.
    word of advice When capping the powder wear something messy and do it around a messy place. it stained a few things that took a lot of work to get out
  22. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.14%

I want to add to my earlier post regarding Vanadyl- although an potent insulin mimetic, it is anti-lipolytic.....so it may not be desirable on a recomp.

Antilipolytic Actions of Vanadate and Insulin in Rat Adipocytes Mediated by Distinctly Different Mechanisms
    http://endo.endojournals.org/cgi/con...ull/138/6/2274
  23. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.89%

I liked glycobol because, whilst I did gain fat, it was far less than I would have gained without it. I was eating a lot of carbs, including non-complex, and over a month I gained 7 lbs of and only out on 2 to 3 lbs of fat. If I followed a decent diet I probably wouldn't have put on any fat.

Doesn't apple cider vinger interfere with the break of carbs. I'm sure I've read an article which says it inhibits one of enzymes involved in carbohydrate metabolism. So its not really re-partitioner in that sense.
  24. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.14%

gynmemma sylvestre interferes with the absorption of sugars in the intestinal tract. The polyphenols in b lack tea and white kidney bean extract act as alpha-amylase inhibitors that prevent the break down of carbs...
  25. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.32%

Quote Originally Posted by Antigravity View Post
    gynmemma sylvestre interferes with the absorption of sugars in the intestinal tract. The polyphenols in b lack tea and white kidney bean extract act as alpha-amylase inhibitors that prevent the break down of carbs...
    same as l-dopa, that's why you don't take them around carbs. but overall they will promote fat loss.
  26. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.36%

Been a big fan of AP but have not tried glycobol yet.
  27. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

AP and Pslin for me, hands down...........
    talking about the vanadyl sulfate brought back memories of hi-dosing that stuff back in the early part of this decade. made me feel like crap!
  28. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.56%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I like Neovar and glycobol best, however I do like p-slin.
  29. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.14%

Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    AP and Pslin for me, hands down...........
    talking about the vanadyl sulfate brought back memories of hi-dosing that stuff back in the early part of this decade. made me feel like crap!
    strange you mentioned that, supplements with VS or BPOV/BMOV tend to make me feel pretty bad after a while as well.
  30. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

Quote Originally Posted by Antigravity View Post
    strange you mentioned that, supplements with VS or BPOV/BMOV tend to make me feel pretty bad after a while as well.
    yep. one of them issues of 'wish I woulda known then what I know now'..

a small sampling:

Dr. Alavattam Sreedhara, a professor at Ohio State University, has been studying vanadyl sulfate for many years. He and his partners have found that long-term use or the use of vanadium in large doses kills beta cells, damages DNA, blocks the synthesis of protein and other nutrients, and increases the risk of cardiovascular disease. Even taking trace amounts of the mineral causes stomach upset and a green tongue, both of which are symptoms of a toxic substance in the body. In addition, vanadyl sulfate builds up rapidly in the bones and kidneys, and no studies as to the long-term toxic effect of this have been done.
    [sigh]
  31. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

thankfully, I only experimented with this for a short time.
  32. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.32%

yep. one of them issues of 'wish I woulda known then what I know now'..

a small sampling:

[sigh]
    wow-i have heard a lot of guys say they don't like it- i guess now i know why-damn!
    good post, snag.
  33. dpfisher

I just use the tip of a spoon to grab some YG and put it on my tongue. My caps are 00 so it's not really worth the effort of measuring it into caps since I can't just pack em full.
  34. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.56%

Quote Originally Posted by dpfisher View Post
    I just use the tip of a spoon to grab some YG and put it on my tongue. My caps are 00 so it's not really worth the effort of measuring it into caps since I can't just pack em full.

0.o when i used yellow gold i would use two "00" size caps packed with as much as i could use. YG is very mild
    CELTIC LABS REP
  35. dpfisher

Quote Originally Posted by tnubs View Post
    0.o when i used yellow gold i would use two "00" size caps packed with as much as i could use. YG is very mild
    Maybe so, I just don't like to exceed recommended dosages.
  36. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.75%

Quote Originally Posted by dpfisher View Post
    Maybe so, I just don't like to exceed recommended dosages.
    I agree to stick to recommened dosage on any product to you are good and sure you tolerate it well. If you want to up it after that I would do so very slowly. A lot of the time more is not always better.
  37. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.01%

I think preworkout is an odd time to use glucose disposal agents. It could easily lead to temporary hypoglycemia for me. Exercise activates GLUT-4, so the muscle cells will already readily accept the glucose. Postworkout and large meals are the best time for me. 600mg ALA works well for me. Bitter melon looks very promising. Banaba (corosolic acid) is useful, as well.
  38. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate! View Post
    I think preworkout is an odd time to use glucose disposal agents. It could easily lead to temporary hypoglycemia for me.
    can you explain this statement?
    How does GLUT-4 work?
    GLUT-4 is a transport protein that allows glucose to enter a cell. GLUT-4 moves into the plasma membrane in response to insulin or muscle contractions. Insulin is another hormone that is dependent of the body's blood sugar levels. When there is a lot of glucose in the blood more insulin is secreted. GLUT-4 then responds to the presence of the insulin and enters the plasma membrane, allowing glucose to enter the cell. Muscle contractions result in the same response from GLUT-4.
    if you can increase GLUT-4 levels w/o increased insulin secretion preWO with these agents (AP specifically), where does hypoglycemic reaction come in?
    i.e. more glucose uptake w/o concurrent insulin release (and therefore less ability for fat storage)..

hypoglycemia is caused by excessive insulin produced in the body.
    AP allows the body to produce less insulin in response to carbs.
  39. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.2%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I haven't tried too many so it's tough for me to give an opinion...but out of the ones i've tried I have to say that you already had the winner bud. I love Glycobol.

Cre-02 also has great nutrient partitioning properties...but is not marketed as such.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net
  40. AX Product Specialist
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.64%

can you explain this statement?

if you can increase GLUT-4 levels w/o increased insulin secretion preWO with these agents (AP specifically), where does hypoglycemic reaction come in?
    i.e. more glucose uptake w/o concurrent insulin release (and therefore less ability for fat storage)..

hypoglycemia is caused by excessive insulin produced in the body.
    AP allows the body to produce less insulin in response to carbs.
    these agents can cause a dip in BG levels, combine that with a depletion of glycogen during your workout and you have your hypo episode. I guess it depends on how someone times their pre-workout meal, or what is consumed pre-workout (a lot of ppl are using bcaa's in powders or adding it to them so the dips could be lessened based on this).
    Athletic Xtreme Marketing Manager
    Athletic Xtreme at The Planet!
    Email Inquiries: Brandon@AthleticX.net

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-07-2011, 04:03 PM
  2. Which nutrient partitioner to use?
    By Neddih in forum Supplements
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 05-11-2011, 10:10 PM
  3. Recomping with a nutrient partitioner
    By mmacrazy in forum Supplements
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-09-2011, 06:44 PM
  4. Who takes a nutrient partitioner before bed?
    By freefall365 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-31-2011, 10:13 PM
  5. best PWO only nutrient partitioner?
    By MakaveliThaDon in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-23-2010, 10:52 AM