How can I Gain Weight

bubba1

Awards
I am 30 yrs old- 5'7" and weigh 130lbs. I have tried every protein type shake that I can afford to buy with no results. I am trying to find a supplement that is affordable and works. I professional rodeo and my weight is really holding me back from reaching my goals. I really need to gain weight but nothing seems to work. It doesn't matter how many calories I take in in a day I seem to burn them off pretty fast. I own a landscaping co. and am always doing manual labor and am on the go all the time. I would also like help setting up a weight lifting program that will help to build muscle. I am new to all of this and would really like some help. Thanks

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
want my bulking diet :) if calories in isn't more than calories out, you'll never gain. if you exceed that by 500 calories per day, you'll gain slowly, and you might find that the gains take too long to come, but rest assured they are. again, if you want a massive bulking diet, i'll post mine :)

EDIT :

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/99607-gaining-mass-nutshell.html

ecto b-gone bulking diet:

breakfast - 5 eggs, two bowls of cereal (organic version of honey bunches of oats) with whole milk, two cups of coffee with three cups of 1/2 and 1/2 = 1900 calories
snack - peanut butter - 2 tbsp = 180 calories
snack - string cheese = 90 calories
lunch - two double cheeseburgers = 800 calories
pre workout - 50g of protein, 120g of carbs = 650 calories
post workout - 50g of protein, 120g of carbs = 650 calories
snack - peanut butter - 2 tbsp = 180 calories
dinner - 8oz buffalo or chicken + veggies + rice = 400 calories (est.)
snack - two servings of peanut butter (4 tbsp) = 360 calories
bedtime meal - 6-8 oz steak - no veggies or carbs = 280 calories (i'm guessing here)

also throughout the day i drink 1/2 a gallon of whole milk (1000+ calories), and i don't count the calories of canola and olive oil i cook with, since most of them are left in the pan.

i estimate on the light side, but 7000+ calories breaks the ecto gene.

joshddutton

Awards
Hey Bubba,

You sound like I did a few years ago. Like you, I have a mega fast metablism.. I tried weight gainers and all kinds of stuff .. turns out I just wasnt eating enough. Food is key.. especially if your trying to put on weight with a really active job like landscaping.
5-6 meals a day man.. it works.. keep to the meat and potatoes , rice, bread anything thats real food and not too processed. I buy a 3-4 boxes of Tony Catcher's dirty rice mix with about 5lbs of lean ground beef and mix up a big batch of that stuff in a tupperware..stays good in the fridge for 4-5 days, convenient and cheap.

Protein powders with 3 meals a day won't cut it. There's tons of workout routines on this board.. just use the search tool.

Post what your eating everyday and you will get some feedback

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am 30 yrs old- 5'7" and weigh 130lbs.
ummm.....you're a chick, right?

Anyhow, chick or dude, you don't need a supplement. You need food. Lots of it.

Get started...

GICH!

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
Heres what i give most of my teenage trainees (i know ur not a teenager)... its VERY simple and u are almost guaranteed to gain weight...
Step 1 - Eat 12 jumbo whole eggs, 12 peices of whole wheat bread for breakfast.
Step 2 - Drink 1 gallon of milk ED.
Step 3 - Eat 16oz. of peanut butter b4 bed.

Of course it gets ALOT more complicated than that... but since i dont know too much about u this should get the job done... if not PM me and i can work out a REAL nutrition plan for u... this is what i give most teens when trying to gain weight for football, wrestling etc. becuase its very easy... and most teens are stupid and lazy... haha

Last edited:
marco wolf

marco wolf

Awards
  • Established
Twenty years ago, when I was alot more active, alot younger and still an ecto/meso, my "supplements" were: a half gallon of half-and-half and a quart of OJ.

You can't go wrong with suncloud's or Jared's recommendations.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
op, you should determine right now how fast you want to gain weight. if you do it slowly you will have the option of gaining less fat, if quickly the opposite.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
What's the best/easiest way to get those 120g's of carbs?
depends on when you take your preworkout shake. if its 45 minutes before the gym, then oats/whole grains are your best bet. if you're like me and take your shake 10 minutes before the gym, then fast carbs are the only option considering digestion. post workout, i mix fast and slow carbs (mainly fast). these are all your processed grains, jam, etc. or fruits if you're so inclined.