Leucine

redemption79

Awards
  • Established
To anyone who hasn't seen this, it's a great study that shows just how much potential this little amino acid has. It is in specific regards to the insulin, glucose, and glucagon response to leucine, glucose, and leucine+glucose. Leucine is not only known for it's anabolic potential, but is gaining traction in the weight loss community due to it's ability to aid fat loss while conserving/building lean tissue.

Leucine, when ingested with glucose, synergistical...[Metabolism. 2008] - PubMed Result

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
I'm a dummy. Can anyone explain the results so that a 5 year old would understand it?

redemption79

Awards
  • Established
Leucine + glucose triggers a higher insulin release, but no additional rise in blood sugar over glucose alone.
Insulin release post workout provides an anabolic environment.

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
there's an article somewhere that supports xtend being better than whey protein... but i think it was done by scivation

Stallion83

Stallion83

Awards
  • Established
I have the powder luecine isoluecine and valine I mix during my water when I workout.

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
i usually take 5g leucine pre and PWO, along with 10g glutamine pre and PWO. On cardio days, I usually dump 10g or so of BCAA or EAA down before cardio, and a whey drink afterwards.

redemption79

Awards
  • Established
i usually take 5g leucine pre and PWO, along with 10g glutamine pre and PWO. On cardio days, I usually dump 10g or so of BCAA or EAA down before cardio, and a whey drink afterwards.
I posted a study here a couple of days ago that had concluded that the absorption of leucine actually slowed during resistance exercise, and that pre workout doses taken 90 minutes prior may yield more benefits than immediately before or intra workout.
Something to think about...

Stallion83

Stallion83

Awards
  • Established
good point redemtion I wil start doing that hr before I hit the gym. Thanx for the input.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
I usually get like 10-15 grams in post workout. Do you think this is over doing it?

redemption79

Awards
  • Established
I read something Layne Norton wrote where he said 2.5grams produced maximum response from the body. I'll look for it when I get a chance(at work).

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice find.