• Yes

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
kenbrainer

kenbrainer

Awards
I am 36 Years Old Going to Gym 5 days a week and following decent diet plan but stillnot able to use weight I tried some thermogenics, fatloss pills nothing worked for me Now I am planning to use some Ephedra based supplement to lose weight.

Please suggest Should I use Ephedra based Supplement or not if yes Please say why and if no please explain.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If you are eating right, you will loose weight.
Instead of making a poll asking us to make a choice for you, why don't you post your routine, including diet, and we will assist you in reaching your goals that way.

kenbrainer

kenbrainer

Awards
If you are eating right, you will loose weight.
Instead of making a poll asking us to make a choice for you, why don't you post your routine, including diet, and we will assist you in reaching your goals that way.

Sure Here is my routine and meal Plan

Meal 1(BF): Whey Protein shake and Oats

Snack: Some fruite like apple or Orange

Meal 2 (Lunch): Chicken and vegetables

Snack: Some nuts

Workout at around 6 PM and then I

Protein Shake with Banana and skim milk.

Sometime I have some Meat and Salad in dinner and if I do so it will be around 5:30 PM atleast 1 hour before workout

CHA0S

CHA0S

Awards
  • Established
if you do decide to take Ephedra, make sure to drink plenty of water and DON'T over train, especially on hot days. you can't over emphasize that. Ephedra can seriously dehydrate you. stating this, its also best not take any other products that also dehydrate you, such as creatine and caffeine. Dehydration is a big killer and thats how a lot of people get hurt, so I thought I'd mention it. all in all, i believe Ephedra can be reasonably safe if taken with precaution and responsibility. :eek:k:

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
if you do decide to take Ephedra, make sure to drink plenty of water and DON'T over train, especially on hot days. you can't over emphasize that. Ephedra can seriously dehydrate you. stating this, its also best not take any other products that also dehydrate you, such as creatine and caffeine. Dehydration is a big killer and thats how a lot of people get hurt, so I thought I'd mention it. all in all, i believe Ephedra can be reasonably safe if taken with precaution and responsibility. :eek:k:
hold on. how does creatine dehydrate u? the whole point of creatine is intramuscular hydration along with ATP production

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
u need some protein or something before bed. if u workout at night the late night food isn't going to hurt u that much. and u might need a little more carbs or ur gonna feel like hell unless ur plan is a lower carb diet

CHA0S

CHA0S

Awards
  • Established
hold on. how does creatine dehydrate u? the whole point of creatine is intramuscular hydration along with ATP production
because in order for the creatine to do the extra intramuscular hydration, it has to draw water away from internal organs. this is why your always told to drink extra water while taking creatine. pending on what kind of training you do, you may have to increase your fluid intake and some potassium pills to compensate the loss of water through sweat.

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
because in order for the creatine to do the extra intramuscular hydration, it has to draw water away from internal organs. this is why your always told to drink extra water while taking creatine. pending on what kind of training you do, you may have to increase your fluid intake and some potassium pills to compensate the loss of water through sweat.
gotcha

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
I voted 'Yes' before reading your diet and would now say 'No'. If you eat that amount of calories without running to the fridge several times a day then you prob don't need Ephedra.

Have a look in the Diet forum for some ideas about meal plans. Your stats show that you are 5'8" and 205lbs. What sort of build are you? Any idea of BF%?

There are 'extreme' diets like the Velocity diet that will lose a fair amount of weight in a short period of time but without knowing your goal weight and BF% it's pretty hard to say.

Def work on the diet though, just eating a low amount of calories doesn't mean that you will lose fat as the body will hold onto fat and drop muscle if it starts to starve.

kenbrainer

kenbrainer

Awards
I voted 'Yes' before reading your diet and would now say 'No'. If you eat that amount of calories without running to the fridge several times a day then you prob don't need Ephedra.

Have a look in the Diet forum for some ideas about meal plans. Your stats show that you are 5'8" and 205lbs. What sort of build are you? Any idea of BF%?

There are 'extreme' diets like the Velocity diet that will lose a fair amount of weight in a short period of time but without knowing your goal weight and BF% it's pretty hard to say.

Def work on the diet though, just eating a low amount of calories doesn't mean that you will lose fat as the body will hold onto fat and drop muscle if it starts to starve.

I am fat person my BF level is 26 % and I feel always hungry I can stick to the worst possible diet for few days but after that once again when I start eating regularly I can't stop if I am eating chicken I might eat 1.5 to 2 lbs of chicken in one serving or just keep eating snacks thats the only reason I am planning to use ephedra if this can possibly suppress my appetite

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am fat person my BF level is 26 % and I feel always hungry I can stick to the worst possible diet for few days but after that once again when I start eating regularly I can't stop if I am eating chicken I might eat 1.5 to 2 lbs of chicken in one serving or just keep eating snacks thats the only reason I am planning to use ephedra if this can possibly suppress my appetite
no, what you need to do is to make small changes in your diet that you can live with long term instead. It takes 3 weeks to build a habit. So slowly remove some of the less healthy things you eat, find good things to replace them with.

I feel like I've posted this a thousand times but here it goes again :)

So do you eat the muffin normally and then eat a ton of other stuff as well? or do you eat 1/3 of the pile of fruit and save the rest for later?

Do you have the tart for 440 cals or just one bowl of the raspberries for 55 cals?

Do you end up eating all the things on the left side, instead of the meal on teh right side that ends up being 1/3 the calories?

This is from Dr Randy Shapiro's Picture Perfect Weight Loss

http://pictureperfectweightloss.com/

So forget the ephedra, start to make slow changes, make just 1 or 2 changes a month, live with those for a month then make another change.

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
so u want will power in a pill? if u really wanted to stop eating so much u could just stop eating it. i don't wanna sound like a jerk but at some point somebody who is fat needs to stop blaming things on appetite, thyroid, emotional issues, and "slow metabolism" stop eating junk food. u say you'd sit down and eat 2lbs of chicken in one sitting well i'm sure u wouldn't be over weight from eating lean chicken all day. not to mention with the junk food u get the insulin spike and are going to want to crave it even more.

so ephedra would be pointless in this situation because even if it does kill ur appetite you'll go back to what u were before when you get off it, then you'll gain the weight back and start abusing ephedrine because "its the only thing that works". then heart issues develop and ephedrine gets banned because it's "dangerous"

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
how can a fat free sugar free muffin have 720 cals? thats ridiculous

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
how can a fat free sugar free muffin have 720 cals? thats ridiculous
sugar free doesn't mean carb free.. but that is pretty hard to figure out how you hit 720 cals there. basically talking about 180g of carbs there. whew