I actually had a weird instance. I only tookfor 4 weeks, @ 4 tabs a day. In conjunction I took 4 pills of primaforce cissus, superpump, glucosomine, , , rogaine with azelaic acid (applied topically). I would only drink once or sometimes twice a week but I would drink hard sometimes. My ALT levels were 137 and AST were 59. My liver hurt a little bit. I went to the DR. He said "just get off the supplements". Well that wasn't enough! I took matters in my own hands. I started taking @ 2 pill--3 times a day. In 3 weeks I'm at 64 ALT and normal AST (25). My enzymes dropped over half! In 3 weeks I will take another blood panel to see if there is any progress. Now I'm taking Maximum Milk Thistle with the Liv 52. I also have some SAMe on hand as well. My questions are:
1. Anybody hear about regular supplements causing liver damage. Of the products mentioned which one would or could stand out as the culprit?
2. Can alcohol mix poorly with supps.??
3. Would a topically applied supplement such as Sustain be easier on the liver than any type of orally adminstered supplement.
4. I'm 34 and I need some hormone help from time to time, what would be the safest and most effective supp. that doesn't mess with your liver.
5. Last question: Can you take Liv52, milk thistle, and SAMe at the same time?