Getting Your Anabolic Furnace STOKED! (Sponsored) - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 6

Getting Your Anabolic Furnace STOKED! (Sponsored)

Page 6 of 7 First ... 4567 Last
  1. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    More and more I don't really see the point to using PH's or steroids. They keep coming out with better and beter herbals and if you find the combinations that work for you I think you can actually do just as well in the long run and with no sides.
    I agree 110%. great post!
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net

2. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

June 23 - June 27, 2008
    Days 24 - 28

Impressions / Results:

The journey is nearing its end Two days to go before the final review. At this time in a log of such duration, the closing feedback would have developed a lot of its shape.
    The last couple of days on the STOKED! stack have retained the same pattern of benefits reported earlier. In particular, strength and endurance, muscle-fullness and density remain stable. Obviously, icariin has a role to play in this outcome via cAMP elevation, selective cGMP inhibition, glucocorticoid antagonism, and estrogen modulation, all combining to improve the testosterone:cortisol and testosterone:estrogen ratios. Furthermore, via its function as an important acetylcholinesterase inhibitor, icariin boosts levels of the neurotransmitter, acetylcholine. This inhibition drives movement and promotes muscle contractions. Yet, it may be useful to recall that quercetin also has a useful role in the formula, other than enhancement of icariin absorption. Besides being a powerful anti-inflammatory, anti-histamine, and anti-allergy nutrient, quercetin inhibits thrombosis, essentially acting as a blood thinner that supports improved vasodilation and transport of oxygen-rich blood and nutrients to muscle cells for repair and growth processes. In addition, by helping to inhibit certain enzymes that break down ATP, quercetin indirectly supports ATP regeneration and prolongation of endurance.

The testosterone-mimetic and estrogen-modulating properties of STOKED! help support anti-catabolism. This outcome may be masked, though, by my co-supplementation with Anabolic Pump and Recreate.

Appetite patterns are stable and there are no androgenic sides to report.

We are now in count-down mode to end of log!

Stay STOKED!

3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I can't wait to read your final review!
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
    •   

4. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

I like that you took the time to post about your appetite patterns. Not many people would do that on a log like this.
    www.millenniumsport.net
  5. AI Sports Nutrition

I also look forward to the final review
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    [B][U]
    The testosterone-mimetic and estrogen-modulating properties of STOKED! help support anti-catabolism. This outcome may be masked, though, by my co-supplementation with Anabolic Pump and Recreate.

That is the question, I think the answer is that they both have a tremendous anti-catabolic effect. There may actually be some overlap. When on PCS and reacreate I actually gained some size without the PCS I had similar results but perhaps not as enhanced. So... I suspect some overlap like I said. So many great herbal products it's just a matter of learning how to use them and for what purpose. Like I said previously I think herbals are the future.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  7. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver;
    ...I think herbals are the future.
    The great advantage herbal extracts have is that, even though they may be known to elicit a particular response very well, they usually have a number of useful ancillary benefits. Take Rhodiola Rosea. It is mostly known to boost ATP/phosphocreatine synthesis, thereby delivering significant benefits in terms of strength and endurance. Beyond this, it possesses other cool benefits such as exerting significant authentic adaptogenic effects (via modulation of hypothalamic serotonin, norepinephrine, beta-endorphin, and opioid peptide levels that change in response to stress); treatment of thyroid dysfunction and adrenal fatigue, without causing hyperfunction; boosting the effectiveness of neurotransmitters such as serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine in the brain; treatment of arrhythmia and tachycardia; boosting cognition, concentration, and mental performance; inhibition of C-reactive proteins (an inflammatory compound) and creatine kinase (a measure of muscle damage); promoting healthy sleep and recovery; modulation of anorexia; reduction of hyperglycemia and management of diabetic complications; treatment of infertility in women (even when standard fertility-enhancing drugs fail!) and irregular menstruation; adjustment in sexual dysfunction in men (erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation) and women; reduction of the toxicity of anti-cancer drugs and enhancement of their effectiveness; prized anti-oxidant effects. All that with few, if any, side effects, even at supra-physiological doses! There is no drug that can even come close to delivering half of these benefits without substantial side effects, even within recommended doses!
    So, I agree, herbals are hard to match in their versatility!
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Yah even though I didn't understand a lot of that, It seems to be what I was trying to get at. Herbals have a lot of secondary benefits which may in the long run (used correctly) actually ***** some stronger substances. The better the herbals get the more they will compete with and even outdo PH's. It's all a matter of finding synergy.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Yah even though I didn't understand a lot of that, It seems to be what I was trying to get at. Herbals have a lot of secondary benefits which may in the long run (used correctly) actually ***** some stronger substances. The better the herbals get the more they will compete with and even outdo PH's. It's all a matter of finding synergy.
    Agreed. I'm pretty much done with OTC orals. They just aren't worth it for me. The benefits definitely don't outweigh the negatives, with the exception of Epidrol getting rid of my gyno.

I'd take an herbal stack with some good pre/post WO products over the new designer orals.
  10. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    Agreed. I'm pretty much done with OTC orals. They just aren't worth it for me. The benefits definitely don't outweigh the negatives, with the exception of Epidrol getting rid of my gyno.

I'd take an herbal stack with some good pre/post WO products over the new designer orals.
    I agree. I think PH/PS orals are the sexy pic because of price and ease. For number of us who can stick to a good diet/training/ supp regimon the stuff out now is a lot more benifical to people like us.

The young cat who doesn't know how to eat or train and just wasnt to looked jack will always go for the oral. They dont know what negatives are.......
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  11. Diamond Member

...Herbals have a lot of secondary benefits which may in the long run (used correctly) actually ***** some stronger substances. The better the herbals get the more they will compete with and even outdo PH's. It's all a matter of finding synergy.
    Your comment, Sir, is loaded with wisdom!
  12. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    The young cat who doesn't know how to eat or train and just wasnt to looked jack will always go for the oral. They dont know what negatives are.......
    Some "old cats" may occasionally fall prey to the temptation, too!
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Some "old cats" may occasionally fall prey to the temptation, too!
    It happens.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.

The great advantage herbal extracts have is that, even though they may be known to elicit a particular response very well, they usually have a number of useful ancillary benefits. Take Rhodiola Rosea. It is mostly known to boost ATP/phosphocreatine synthesis, thereby delivering significant benefits in terms of strength and endurance. Beyond this, it possesses other cool benefits such as exerting significant authentic adaptogenic effects (via modulation of hypothalamic serotonin, norepinephrine, beta-endorphin, and opioid peptide levels that change in response to stress); treatment of thyroid dysfunction and adrenal fatigue, without causing hyperfunction; boosting the effectiveness of neurotransmitters such as serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine in the brain; treatment of arrhythmia and tachycardia; boosting cognition, concentration, and mental performance; inhibition of C-reactive proteins (an inflammatory compound) and creatine kinase (a measure of muscle damage); promoting healthy sleep and recovery; modulation of anorexia; reduction of hyperglycemia and management of diabetic complications; treatment of infertility in women (even when standard fertility-enhancing drugs fail!) and irregular menstruation; adjustment in sexual dysfunction in men (erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation) and women; reduction of the toxicity of anti-cancer drugs and enhancement of their effectiveness; prized anti-oxidant effects. All that with few, if any, side effects, even at supra-physiological doses! There is no drug that can even come close to delivering half of these benefits without substantial side effects, even within recommended doses!
    So, I agree, herbals are hard to match in their versatility!
    Your not smoking the mari-ju-ana are ya Strat???

Great stuff on a very pertinent topic with these changing times as far as healthy supplementation goes.

Looking forward to your final review man.
  15. AI Sports Nutrition

This log is still going strong great job bro.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
  16. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023 View Post
    Your not smoking the mari-ju-ana are ya Strat??? ...
    Is it anabolic?
  17. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by pembroke3355 View Post
    This log is still going strong great job bro.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.

Is it anabolic?

Only when its Vapd, or smoked directly after winning the Olympia.
  19. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Only when its Vapd, or smoked directly after winning the Olympia.
    haha best thing i've read all day!
    www.millenniumsport.net
  20. AI Sports Nutrition

Is it anabolic?
    I heard only when all the stems are throw into boiling water and then you drink the tea you become:bb2:
  21. Diamond Member

June 28 - June 29, 2008
    Days 29 30
    Final Feedback and Comments

Impressions / Results:

This will be my final log report. In essence, the results of the last two days of STOKED! did not differ in any substantive manner from those of the earlier days. Strength, endurance, muscle-density, focus (from anti-cortisol and acetylcholine-boosting actions), and vascularity remained stable at a high level.

Concluding Feedback and Rating

As indicated in my opening comments, I did not use STOKED! as a post-cycle therapy agent. Rather, my objective was to use STOKED! to boost and maintain general well-being (via its anti-oxidant action and immune-system-supporting property), raise my testosterone:estrogen and testosterone:cortisol ratios, and well as support libido and sexual performance. Consequently, I will try to rate the product on those criteria and on a scale of 1 (poor) to 10 (excellent).

General Well-Being: 8.5/10.
    With the addition of cofactors (Grape Seed Extract, etc): 9/10

STOKED! definitely has a significant anti-oxidant and immune-system-enhancing property. I felt that STOKED definitely helped strengthen my immune system during my supplementation. Recovery from exercise was also somewhat improved. These effects are definitely more enhanced with the addition of cofactors such as Grape Seed Extract (GSE) to the regime.

Testosterone:Estrogen and Testosterone:Cortisol Ratios: 8/10
    With the addition of cofactors (GSE and so on): 9/10

While I did not do any blood tests before and during my supplementation to test hormone levels, increases in (free) testosterone levels (low cortisol and more balanced estrogen levels) can also be surmised from certain conditions and results such as increased strength and endurance, improvements in vascularity, enhancement of focus, improved post-stress recovery, as well as improvements in muscle-hardness and fullness. These benefits were delivered by my STOKED! stack, and are generally somewhat better when cofactors are added. I did not experience any acne, changes in my hair density (implying the absence of a significant conversion of testosterone to its active metabolite, dihydrotestosterone), or any noticeable (visually perceptible) differences in testicular dimensions.

While beneficial changes in lean-muscle mass may be expected from increases in free-tesosterone levels, it would be reckless to attribute changes here to the STOKED! stack (alone), as Recreate and Anabolic Pump would be more likely to have delivered the benefit here (in terms of favourable changes in BF%).

Libido and Sexual Performance: 9.0/10
    With the addition of cofactors: 9.5/10

This is one area where there is hardly any room for placebo effects. It either works, or it does not really work, or it does not work at all. Although there were no challenges in this area before my STOKED! stack, the stack itself appeared to have bolstered and maintained it at a high level. An absolutely awesome product in this area, I would also recommend the addition of cofactors (GSE and so on) to even deepen the results.

Overall recommendation:

STOKED! is clearly a unique and effective product, and consequently comes with my highest recommendations.

Final remarks:

I believe that adding Grapeseed Extract (GSE) and Pomegranate Extract to STOKED! would propel it several notches higher. If no product upgrade/change is feasible, I would encourage STOKED! users to consider co-supplementing these compounds with STOKED! Here is why: As is well known, the Proanthocyanidins from Grapeseed Extract have been shown to demonstrate significant synergy with Resveratrol. More specifically, Grapeseed Extract and Resveratrol both support favourable gene expression comparable to the benefits associated with calorie restriction. Furthermore, GSE has is known to have aromatase-inhibiting properties, and as such may contribute to lowering of SHBG levels, translating to enhanced levels of free testosterone. This, of course, is in addition to its anti-oxidant and vasodilatory effects, such that it can augment the properties of icariin and resveratrol.
    Pomegranate Extract standardized for punicalagins may also enhance overall results from STOKED! In particular, Pomegranate Extract has been shown to demonstrate versatile properties that range from anti-aging and antioxidant effects to protection of the endothelial-wall integrity/cardiovascular support, inhibition of cancer growth (via promotion of cell apoptosis), and so on. As a consequence, it would also be an awesome addition to STOKED! or to a STOKED! stack.

I thoroughly enjoyed logging STOKED! Once, again, I would like to thank Anabolic Innovations for this opportunity. And I would also like to thank everyone that followed my log. It would not have been as interesting without your company! On that note, I wish you all a STOKED! summer and beyond. Now, Get STOKED! and Stay STOKED!
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.

June 28 - June 29, 2008
    Days 29 – 30
    Final Feedback and Comments

Impressions / Results:

This will be my final log report. In essence, the results of the last two days of STOKED! did not differ in any substantive manner from those of the earlier days. Strength, endurance, muscle-density, focus (from anti-cortisol and acetylcholine-boosting actions), and vascularity remained stable at a high level.

Concluding Feedback and Rating

As indicated in my opening comments, I did not use STOKED! as a post-cycle therapy agent. Rather, my objective was to use STOKED! to boost and maintain general well-being (via its anti-oxidant action and immune-system-supporting property), raise my testosterone:estrogen and testosterone:cortisol ratios, and well as support libido and sexual performance. Consequently, I will try to rate the product on those criteria and on a scale of 1 (poor) to 10 (excellent).

General Well-Being: 8.5/10.
    With the addition of cofactors (Grape Seed Extract, etc): 9/10

STOKED! definitely has a significant anti-oxidant and immune-system-enhancing property. I felt that STOKED definitely helped strengthen my immune system during my supplementation. Recovery from exercise was also somewhat improved. These effects are definitely more enhanced with the addition of cofactors such as Grape Seed Extract (GSE) to the regime.

Testosterone:Estrogen and Testosterone:Cortisol Ratios: 8/10
    With the addition of cofactors (GSE and so on): 9/10

While I did not do any blood tests before and during my supplementation to test hormone levels, increases in (free) testosterone levels (low cortisol and more balanced estrogen levels) can also be surmised from certain conditions and results such as increased strength and endurance, improvements in vascularity, enhancement of focus, improved post-stress recovery, as well as improvements in muscle-hardness and fullness. These benefits were delivered by my STOKED! stack, and are generally somewhat better when cofactors are added. I did not experience any acne, changes in my hair density (implying the absence of a significant conversion of testosterone to its active metabolite, dihydrotestosterone), or any noticeable (visually perceptible) differences in testicular dimensions.

While beneficial changes in lean-muscle mass may be expected from increases in free-tesosterone levels, it would be reckless to attribute changes here to the STOKED! stack (alone), as Recreate and Anabolic Pump would be more likely to have delivered the benefit here (in terms of favourable changes in BF%).

Libido and Sexual Performance: 9.0/10
    With the addition of cofactors: 9.5/10

This is one area where there is hardly any room for placebo effects. It either works, or it does not really work, or it does not work at all. Although there were no challenges in this area before my STOKED! stack, the stack itself appeared to have bolstered and maintained it at a high level. An absolutely awesome product in this area, I would also recommend the addition of cofactors (GSE and so on) to even deepen the results.

Overall recommendation:

STOKED! is clearly a unique and effective product, and consequently comes with my highest recommendations.

Final remarks:

I believe that adding Grapeseed Extract (GSE) and Pomegranate Extract to STOKED! would propel it several notches higher. If no product upgrade/change is feasible, I would encourage STOKED! users to consider co-supplementing these compounds with STOKED! Here is why: As is well known, the Proanthocyanidins from Grapeseed Extract have been shown to demonstrate significant synergy with Resveratrol. More specifically, Grapeseed Extract and Resveratrol both support favourable gene expression comparable to the benefits associated with calorie restriction. Furthermore, GSE has is known to have aromatase-inhibiting properties, and as such may contribute to lowering of SHBG levels, translating to enhanced levels of free testosterone. This, of course, is in addition to its anti-oxidant and vasodilatory effects, such that it can augment the properties of icariin and resveratrol.
    Pomegranate Extract standardized for punicalagins may also enhance overall results from STOKED! In particular, Pomegranate Extract has been shown to demonstrate versatile properties that range from anti-aging and antioxidant effects to protection of the endothelial-wall integrity/cardiovascular support, inhibition of cancer growth (via promotion of cell apoptosis), and so on. As a consequence, it would also be an awesome addition to STOKED! or to a STOKED! stack.

I thoroughly enjoyed logging STOKED! Once, again, I would like to thank Anabolic Innovations for this opportunity. And I would also like to thank everyone that followed my log. It would not have been as interesting without your company! On that note, I wish you all a STOKED! summer and beyond. Now, Get STOKED! and Stay STOKED!
    Sounds like folks with MBP would really love having Stoked in their arsenal if by your observations the conversion to DHT is that low. Some guy was just asking about that too, going to have to point him to this thread.

So were there any scale changes or did you see more of a recomp effect going on in the mirror?

Great job on the log man, its refreshing to see such an emphasis put on herbals and natty extracts to enhance products and the like (As opposed to ultra stacking more and more products, not thats thats a bad thing but just unique to see). Got me wanting to really focus in on the amounts of extracts I use rather than across the boards multis that I use now.
  23. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

I am overly excited to see that you based a great deal of your results on how you feel and not how you look. There aren't enough logs that are geared towards a person's health and well being instead of an extra 1/2" on their biceps. That doubled with your extreme knowledge of synergy were my favorite reasons for reading along with this.
    www.millenniumsport.net
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  211 lbs.

Excellent final write-up to an amazing log! Great job I! I've learned a good bit.
  25. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Amazing log man! You really are a dedicated enthusiast.
    Body Performance Solutions
    Home: http://bpsnutrition.net/
    Facebook: @Body Performance Solutions
  26. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

You guys who watched Sportscenter in the 90's will have to agree when I say, "Simply en fuego!"

Great log bro. I'm sure many of us will be coming back to this over and over!
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  27. AI Sports Nutrition

Outstanding log bro the most complete and detailed log I have followed great work bro:bb3:
  28. Diamond Member

Thanks for your comments and for following my log!
  29. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

cheers to Strategic!

thanks for putting this log together, it has been truly informative!

I'm sure the guys at AI are very pleased with the quality here!
  30. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  192 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by delsolrob View Post
    cheers to Strategic!

thanks for putting this log together, it has been truly informative!

I'm sure the guys at AI are very pleased with the quality here!
    I've been firmly impressed with Strat & the log. I know I'm relatively new to AM.com, but my stay here (in this log) has made e feel @ home. Weird, huh?

Thanks SM!
  31. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Awesome View Post
    I've been firmly impressed with Strat & the log. I know I'm relatively new to AM.com, but my stay here (in this log) has made e feel @ home. Weird, huh?

Thanks SM!
    I should thank you for following my log!
  32. Diamond Member

So were there any scale changes or did you see more of a recomp effect going on in the mirror?....
    My scales do not show the things that interest me: vascularity, recomp/change in body contours, and such like, so my mirror was my objective judge!
  33. Board Sponsor

My scales do not show the things that interest me: vascularity, recomp/change in body contours, and such like, so my mirror was my objective judge!
    But remember... 100% of mirrors lie, 100% of the time.

Sorry strat... just had to.

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  34. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    But remember... 100% of mirrors lie, 100% of the time.

Sorry strat... just had to.

Adams
    I trained my mirror to show nothing but the naked truth!
  35. Board Sponsor

I trained my mirror to show nothing but the naked truth!
    Oh lord... "When Pun's Attack"

If I could give you more gold stars right now, I definitely would light you up right now.

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  36. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Oh lord... "When Pun's Attack"

If I could give you more gold stars right now, I definitely would light you up right now.

Adams
  37. Board Sponsor

ose:
    The Historic PES Legend
  38. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  192 lbs.

I should thank you for following my log!
    I should thank you for providing us all with the opportunity to see first hand the AWESOMEness that is Stoked.

I would swear on a bible (and I'm not catholic or christian, but let's not get religion involved in this)

Great job SM. Seriously. Thank you for your support, confidence, patronage and care. It is greatly appreciated... your time was also appreciated as you put forth a great effort in your diet & training and I find this log inspirational. I wish you luck in all your continued efforts.

Keep in touch, please!
  39. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

You know, when a lady says that they are usually talking about their rounded backside
    Hope you curves are doing well strag
  40. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    You know, when a lady says that they are usually talking about their rounded backside
    Hope you curves are doing well strag
    Oh! I presumed ladies had "curves", not "contours"! My "contours" are doing well!
    Stay STOKED!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. The Fat Furnace Stack!
    By dsade in forum Genomyx
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-02-2011, 12:55 PM
  2. KLEEN Stays STOKED! between stacks. (Sponsored)
    By MrKleen73 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 636
    Last Post: 04-08-2010, 12:37 PM
  3. Stoked and a Anabolic Innovatios tank top special at the Planet
    By A_I_Sports_Nutrition in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-01-2008, 01:22 PM