Norwegian's Re-comping with the Ultimate RPM/Drive Stack [Sponsored]
- 04-08-2008, 07:31 PM
Norwegian's Re-comping with the Ultimate RPM/Drive Stack [Sponsored]
RPM & Drive [Sponsored Log]
It's on again, fellas !
First off, I'd like to thank the AN reps for letting me take their Ultimate re-comp stack for a run ! I've only tried samples of both products before, yet I've found myself recommending the stack to buddies at the gym, solely based on my experience with each individual sample ! And every one of my buds were stoked about their results !
Now, it's my turn, and I've got a feeling I can take much better advantage of this stack's great growth potential !
I've been dieting following the U.D 2.0 routine for the past 5 weeks, but now it's time for me to switch it up a little bit. At least for the first two weeks of this cycle, I will go back to basics, and separate my muscle groups. I won't be doing full body routines any longer, because I want to feel 'da PUMP' again ! I want to spend an hour and a half for biceps and triceps; I want to super-set shoulder exercises till I've got capped and rounded delts people will be in awe of; I want to hit my legs so hard I can't walk for days, and get that jacked feeling I haven't truly felt in a while as a result of constant glygocen depletion for the past 5 weeks (excluding my past carb-loads).
For my first week, I will focus on brutal morning sessions of cardio, and try to reap the benefits of some quick carbs in my system immidiately following my weight-training workouts in the evening. I will not increase carb-intake in the morning nor afternoon, but like I mentioned, I will at times at a couple grams of carbs pre-workout, use some WMS in my intra-workout drink, and follow my workout with a steak, vegetables and rice meal every day. I will change the amounts accordingly, nothing is yet written in stone. For week two, I will most likely add 20 minutes of HIT training post-workout, if I feel like my fat loss subsided or I get bloated for whatever reason. That's left to find out.
My goal is still to get as shredded as I can. I will look further into the TKD diet during this week, and I will most likely give that a run if I feel like my carb-timing isn't working out for me. But at the same time, I want to get stronger, break some more personal records, attain impressive vascularity and muscle definition .. I want it all, and I just want this stack started and get me in the direction I want to go !
- 04-08-2008, 07:35 PM
[I began the products as soon as they came in the mail yesterday, as I'd just get confused if I started a log on a Tuesday .. It's got to be at the beginning of the week ! So I copied and pasted yesterday's Leg Workout - Day #1 of the RPM/Drive stack - in here]
Day #1 of RPM/Drive - LEG DAY, BABY !
Popped 4 caps of each RPM and Drive about 45 minutes prior to working out. Mixed 4 scoops of Xtend with 25 grams of WMS and 4 grams of Beta Alanine in 3/4 gallon water.
Today was legs ONLY, first time in too long. I knew it had to be short and sweet because I've got a looong night ahead of me in front of the books.
Hack Squats - (225 * 12) 360 * 12, 450 * 6, 450 * 6, 450 * 5, 450 * 5
One-legged Horizontal Leg Press - 135 * 15, 180 * 12, 225 * 8, 225 * 8
Walking Dumbbell Lunges (w/60 lbs DB/hand) - 10 steps/leg * 4 sets
Standing One-legged Leg Curls - 60 * 12, 60 * 12
- It took me 35 minutes to complete this workout, and I was SOAKED by the time I did my third set of Hack Squats. My intensity was above and beyond, and my focus even more so. My endurance, stamina, and drive is unmatched at my gym, I know it, they know it, everyone knows it. My kind of intensity is more taboo than anything. I'm the silent nut-case who don't get eye contact with anyone up there, nor to I speak to anyone. I'm cocky in the sense that I'm there for one reason, and one reason only, to hit the weights with all my might. If I see a buddy, my headphones won't leave my ears, and I'll just nod. They know what's up by now, they respect the fact that I don't socialize. They don't respect my natural results, though, so fcuk them ! Been talking to a couple buds outside of the gym lately, and there's noone who's not convinced I'm using. Fcuk 'em. Haters. Todays' leg workout was sick. Heavy ass rock bottom hack squats got me off to a good start, and the concentrated one-legged horizontal leg presses allow me to fill every muscle cell in my quads and hams with blood. My legs were throbbing as I was doing my last two sets, but I wasn't gonna stop till I had my reps. I was drenched before I even got to my second exercise, and I had thrown off my pants before the second working set on hacks to see what was going on down there. LOL. My legs godt jacked. Veins running across my quads, and overall impressive leg-development. Calves and hams are coming in, and I couldn't be happier. I'm gonna give some credit to all the running I do for some of my calf developement, because I've been cutting down on the calf work the past couple of weeks. My hams were spasming from the first lunge-rep, but I knew I had four sets to do, and that was all there was to it. Normally I'd use 50s on lunges for the same amount of reps, whereas now I'm using 60s and doing the same reps and sets. I was lunging down the 'main strip' inside the gym, but I wasn't gonna fcuking yield for anyone. 'Move bit$hes, I'm in the middle of my set!' was my motivation. I kept my head down and stared at my legs for every rep. It kept me going to see the veins and muscle throbbing for each lunge. It didn't hurt that it was the top of the hour at the gym, and it was packed either .. that never hurts !
Well, that's Day #1 of my RPM/Drive recomp combo down in the history books. It's only gonna go uphill from here. More records to break. More heads to turn. More shock and awe to come. It has only begun !
- 04-08-2008, 07:37 PM
Good luck i will follow along in this log now!PES Representative
Don't miss out on the next deal:http://pescience.com/insider
Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
04-08-2008, 07:37 PM
- Woke up @ 6.45AM, choked down 3 caps of Drive alongside 4 caps of AMP. Laid back down, and got up at 7.30 AM, had a shake, and hit the Stairmaster at 8AM.
Stairmaster; Fat burning mode; level 8 for 30 minutes; followed by level 6 for 10 minutes.
- I was sweating like a pig in heat .. But I'm definitely enjoying early AM cardio. Gets me up and ready for the day !
04-08-2008, 07:40 PM
RPM - 4 caps about 60-90 minutes pre-workout
Drive - 3 caps in AM, another 3 caps 60-90 minutes pre-workout
I will be running two consecutive bottles of Drive, and one bottle of RPM.
I'm about to head off for the gym to do some arms, but I should be back in a couple of hours !
04-08-2008, 07:41 PM
04-08-2008, 07:55 PM
Subbing for this one too man. I love following your logs. Lots of hard work and dedication in here. Keep it up man.
04-08-2008, 08:32 PM
04-08-2008, 09:41 PM
Day #2: Arms
Barbell Curls - 95 * 15, 115 * 12, 135 * 10, 155 * 8 -> Drop -> 95 * 10
Seated DB Curls - 30 * 15, 40 * 12, 50 * 10, 60 * 10
Uni-arm Machine Curls - 100 * 15, 140 * 15, 150 * 12
One-arm Machine Preacher Curls - 60 * 10, 60 * 10
Concentration Curls - 25 * 12, 25 * 12
EZ-bar Pressdowns - 100 * 15, 110 * 12, 120 * 12, 130 * 10
Seated Overhead DB Extensions - 110 * 15, 120 * 12, 130 * 10
Machine Overhead Extensions - 150 * 15, 160 * 12
Rope Pressdowns - 40 * 20, 50 * 15, 60 * 15
One-arm Overhead Extensions - 30 * 12, 30 * 12, 30 * 12
- My focus was awesome throughout the whole session, and I got a hellacious pump in my entire upper body. The pump made my arms look twice the size they normally are. Once I completed my workout I took my shirt off in the locker room, and I was very impressed with my back. It looked like I had slabs/chunks of meat and muscle on it, and every muscle was standing out. I was looking great from the back and side, really broad and wide. My shoulder width has gotten impressive, and my traps are more pronounced than ever before. I swear, my back and traps have grown in record time since I began doing those heavy-a$$ deadlifts ! My cuts are coming in real nicely in my chest as well. I'm hoping to have my old roommate take a couple pics or something at the end of this week so I've got something to show for from the get-go. I don't want to keep talking like this without having proof .. lol
I've had digestion issues for a couple days, and it's seriously fcuking with my head by now. Actually, I don't think my digestion has been back to normal since before I began last week's carb-load! I had three bathroom break prior to hitting the gym, and thought I was gonna have to keep postponing the work out. I hate working out when my stomach's not right ! And it just makes me feel bloated and un-relieved .. hope that's not too much info, but I think some of you have been in my shoes before.
I had lots more energy to keep going, but there's no sense in over-doing it. I've got a full jug of NOW CarboGain that I will be using with my post-workout protein shake. 50 grams of complex carbs with 50 grams of whey, followed by 50 grams of complex carbs from rice and veggies [alongside of chicken or steak] one hour upon completion of my workout. I mentioned before I would add WMS or perhaps a carb-meal prior to working out, but I've decided not to. I'm gonna stay very much restricted with my carbs still, and will only consume the 100 grams total carbs that I've mentioned following my workout. I've got a feeling I'm gonna make myself deserving of every one of those dinners following my workouts !
I'm excited to see what is to come . . .
04-09-2008, 12:00 AM
04-09-2008, 01:08 AM
04-09-2008, 08:52 AM
if the "runs for the border" keep happening, you may want to lower the drive dose for 3-4 days, then raise it back up. forslean does that to some people, requires a little tolerance building
04-09-2008, 11:25 AM
04-09-2008, 11:33 AM
Day #3: AM Cardio
Stairmaster; 60 minutes on Level 8 on Fat-burning mode
- If other people can do it, why shouldn't I be able to stair-step for one consecutive hour ?! haha, that was all that I had on my mind when I hit the gym this morning. Once again, referring to VolcomX311 [must be some kind of un-conscious competition I've got going here] but nevertheless, I completed 60 minutes, and started off the day burning 822 calories. Not too shabby !
I woke up @ 7AM, popped 3 Drive and 3 JetFuel with a glass of water @ 7.30AM. Mixed to scoops of ON Whey w/16 grams of MCT oil and enjoyed it on my way to school. I also mixed 2 scoops of Xtend with 4 grams of Beta Alanine and took it to my 8AM class. Hit the gym @ 9AM sharp.
I will be using JetFuel only prior to my morning cardio sessions (unless it's an off day from the weights, and I will use RPM instad), alongside of Drive.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, nothing beats starting off the day with an awesome cardio session ! I feel refreshed and awake throughout the whole day !
04-09-2008, 01:12 PM
04-09-2008, 04:05 PM
04-09-2008, 04:32 PM
Yeah, I'm counting on posting some pictures tomorrow. It's a web-cam, hence web-cam quality .. I've got a buddy of mine who's doing the MuscleTech Challenge, and I'm gonna help him out with his diet and training for the next month. He'll have to do before and after pics with a digital camera, so I'm hoping to snap a couple of myself so I can give a better impression. That'll be early next week .. Either way, pics are coming, because I'm tired of talking the talk .. and not showing for it !
04-09-2008, 05:03 PM
04-09-2008, 05:22 PM
04-09-2008, 08:19 PM
Day #3: Chest Day
Incline Smith Press - (185 * 12) 225 * 10, 275 * 5, 275 * 4, 275 * 4, 225 * 8, 225 * 8
Decline Hammer Press - (180 * 15) 270 * 12, 320 * 9, 320 * 7, 270 * 12
Close-grip Machine Press (Palms in) - 140 * 12, 140 * 12
Incline Dumbbell Flyes (head off top of bench) - 50 * 12, 60 * 12, 70 * 10
Cable Crossovers - 20, 20, 20, 15 reps
Flat Dumbbell Pullovers - 80 * 15, 90 * 10
- another great workout ! Well, after my first exercise that is .. It seems I've got to give it a full 90-100 minutes from the time I choke down my RPM and Drive caps prior to working out, because I didn't get a pump or barely even warmed up my muscles (it felt/seemed like) when I was on the Smith press. It was discouraging at first, but once I hit the heavy Hammer presses, the pump started coming, body temperature increased, vascularity popped up everywhere .. It's a sweet feeling !
Once I finished, I once again went to the locker room to 'see what's up!' I felt I was looking better today than last night, most likely because my chest was pumped to shreds. My shoulder to waist ration is getting much better, but to be honest, I only feel confident about that when I'm pumped up. Had great overall thickness, and a full body pump once again. I felt so good about everything that I put my tank top back on but left my t-shirt off, walked back out in the gym, literally feeling high on myself (hey, I'm being honest) and I did a couple extra supersets (pec-dec flyes and incline machine press) just to get that ultimate finishing touch
Just got back home and choked down one full serving of Cytogainer. I got a jug last night, and I plan on having 3/4-1 serving after every workout until I run out, so I'm assuming it'll last me about 3-4 weeks. It's got 78 grams of carbs from complex sources, so I'm not fearing bloat really.. Not saying it WON'T happen, but that's left to find out. I'll be endulging in a chicken dinner with 60 grams of carbs from brown rice and broccoli as soon as I'm out of the shower, but just like last night and the night before, that's the only enjoyment I allow myself of carbs for the day.
Tomorrow's another long-ass cardio session, and another session in the evening .. I'm stoked as hell about this stack to be honest, I'm already looking forward to both sessions tomorrow !!
04-09-2008, 09:11 PM
.. If these ~150 grams of carbs following my work outs can still allow me to lose fat, I'm gonna be one happy Viking !
That post-workout meal, where I mix 10 oz. diced chicken with 1.5 cups of broccoli, 1 cup brown rice, sprinkle some cheese on top, and maybe add an egg or two ... Stirr all of that together in the pan, and it's one helluva meal ! I literally scarfe it down in 5 minutes. Put some spicy salsa, fat-free sour cream and jalapenos on top, makes it even better.
.. that's why I'm saying I'll be happy as hell if fat loss can continue ! Staying at no carbs in the morning and during the day is no problem at all. And it just makes my post-workout meal that much better !
04-09-2008, 09:14 PM
04-09-2008, 10:15 PM
04-10-2008, 11:45 AM
No idea what kind of activity I'm gonna be able to do today. I worked on a research paper until 1AM last night, and I didn't finish it. It was due at 9.30AM this morning, so I had my alarm on and got up at 4.30AM, and finished my paper just in time. I'm BEAT ! Had I not had an internship interview in just over two hours, I would've gone to sleep/hibernation.
Depending on how I feel later on I may do a cardio session. That's still left to find out . . . but I definitely won't be doing any weights today !
04-10-2008, 12:08 PM
Norwegian's Dieting for Re-Comp
Meal 1: Whey Protein shake w/1 tbs.MCT oil
Protein: 50 grams
Fat: 17 grams
Meal 2: Egg ommelette: 2 whole eggs, 4 egg whites, 5-6 oz. chuck roast or chicken, 1/4 cup cheese
Carbs: 2 grams
Fat: 20 grams
Meal 3: 8 oz. chuck roast w/1.5 cups broccoli
Protein: 50 grams
Carbs: 4 grams
Fat: 10 grams
Meal 4: Whey Protein shake w/ 1tbs. MCT oil
Protein: 40 grams
Carbs: 3 grams
Fat: 16 grams
(Meal 5: 3/4 - 1 serving Cytogainer -> Workout days ONLY)
Protein: 55 grams
Carbs: 80 grams
Fats: 4 grams
Meal 5: 10 oz. chicken w/1 cups brown rice, 1 cup broccoli
Protein: 60 grams
Carbs: 60 grams
Fat: 4 grams
Meal 6: 8 oz. chuck roast w/1.5 cups of broccoli
Protein: 50 grams
Carbs: 4 grams
Fat: 10 grams
Meal 7: Either chicken, steak, an omelette or an whey protein shake and 1 tbs. MCT oil
Protein: ~50 grams
Carbs: ~8 grams
on Workout days:
Protein: ~400 grams = 1,600 calories
Carbs: ~160 grams = 640 calories
Fat: ~85 grams = 750 calories
Total Calories = 2,990 calories
On non-Workout days:
Protein: ~400 grams = 1,600 calories
Carbs: ~10 grams = 60 calories
Fat: ~85 grams = 750 calories
Total Calories = 2,410 calories
* My final meal depends on what time it is and how tired I am -> ie. depending on wheter I feel like cooking or not.
* I drizzle some cheese on every meal for some added flavor.
* I use only NO-salt spices/herbs for flavoring
* I use salsa/ketchup/fat-free sour cream sparingly w/each meal
* Also add HOT Jalapenos to every meal
* My one meal with brown rice is also ONLY on workout days about 45-60 minutes following my Cytogainer shake. Both post-workout.
* Workout days include one 45-60 minute cardio session in the AM, and weights in the PM.
* Non-workout days include one 45-60 minute cardio session in the AM, and another 45-60 minute cardio session in the PM.
04-10-2008, 12:31 PM
04-10-2008, 12:38 PM
04-10-2008, 01:02 PM
04-10-2008, 05:47 PM
04-10-2008, 05:52 PM
04-10-2008, 10:02 PM
Day #4: PM Cardio
- I took my 3 caps of Drive 2 hours pre-workout, and 4 caps of RPM 90 minutes pre-workout. Mixed 5 grams of Beta Alanine with 4 scoops of Xtend and headed off for for the gym.
Stairmaster; 60 minutes total on Fatburning mode:
- 20 minutes @ Level 8
- 20 minutes @ Level 9
- 10 minues @ Level 10
- 5 minutes @ Level 11
- 5 minutes @ Level 12
Burned 900 calories on that session, and I swear I had at least another 15-20 minutes in me, AT LEAST ! Fact of the matter was I had to stop to get back home and cook up a meal. I haven't eaten in 4 hours .. and still, my stomach is fcuked, there's just no 'flow' and it makes me feel bloated as hell. I don't look bloated, but tightening my stomach is harder. It's hard to explain, but regardless, this **** has got to get over with by now ! I think it's because I'm in Peanutbutter Anonymous -> I'm WEAK for it ! When I got a sweet tooth, I'll throw a scoop of ON Whey Cookies & Cream on top of a refridgerated PB container, and enjoy a couple spoonfulls. HIGHLY recommended !! (all but the stomach-issue part)
Anyway, I'm real glad I got that cardio session in. I've been worried I wasn't gonna get to today as I've been a wreck all day from having been up since 4.30AM following 3.5 hours of sleep last night. The RPM definitely kept me going on the Stairmaster today. I was wearing some short shorts and had some tight fitting Under Armor underwear under it, and within 10 minutes of stair-climbing, the veins on my outer/front quad were pronounced as hell ! I get one helluva leg pump from those stairs, all in my calves, hams and quads. It's a goooooood feeling !
04-10-2008, 10:09 PM
Dude I know what you mean about the PB.. when I was bulking and was hungry I'd just sit there eating out of the jar with a spoon lol.
04-10-2008, 10:26 PM
04-10-2008, 11:56 PM
I thought I was the only one that did the protein powder and natty peanut butter combo. It's absolutely delicious and great for bulking. Too bad I'm currently cutting because a couple spoonfuls of that tasty combo can really **** up your daily caloric intake.
04-11-2008, 01:23 AM
04-11-2008, 01:48 AM
04-11-2008, 08:06 AM
I got some of this at vitamin shoppe cause it was close dated so $2 a jar
high omega 3/6 (flax added) plus 24g of protein in 4tbs
Serving Size 4 Tablespoons
Servings Per Container 7
Amount Per Serving % DV
Fat Calories 171.00
Total Fat 19.00 g 29%
Saturated Fat 2.00 g 9%
Cholesterol 0.00 mg 0%
Sodium 174.00 mg 7%
Total Carbohydrate 12.00 g 4%
Dietary Fiber 8.00 g 32%
Sugars 4.00 g
Protein 24.00 g 48%
Calcium 40.00 4%
Iron 1.62 9%
04-11-2008, 11:47 AM
Today's gonna be a weird day .. I didn't get to start off with my morning cardio, so I'm probably gonna be a wreck. The reason I didn't do cardio was because I needed to catch up on sleep i lost on wednesday/thursday night. I also have to finish up my workout before 3 or 4 PM today, because I'll most likely be going out of town tonight, so I knew it wouldn't be ideal to do an all-out cardio session only a matter of hours prior to hitting the weights. I'm opting for an all-out session in the early PM's, shoulders or back, or both ..
Will update this afternoon . .
04-11-2008, 01:04 PM
Hey Easy, how's the taste of the power butter? I've seen it a few times at different places but never actually tried it. Besides, my homemade protein/pb combo is delicious in it's own right.
04-11-2008, 01:21 PM
I've got workout coming up in 2 hours, and I just popped 4 Drive and 5 RPM. I've got to make it a workout to remember, that's all .. Back, shoulders and traps is on the table today !
I've got a sample of Green Mag I'm considering choking down with some WMS pre-workout, but I'll see how I feel in about an hour . .
Diet is spot-on today, as usual. I had my protein shake upon waking w/MCT oil. Had 6 oz. chicken w/2 whole eggs and 5 eggwhites plus some cheese about 90 minutes following the shake. I'm really hoping to impress myself @ the gym today. I got to choose my exercises carefully, because I still don't want to spend 90-120 minutes at the gym working out. That method never allowed me to grow !
Similar Forum Threads
- By vikinginc in forum Cycle InfoReplies: 385Last Post: 05-10-2009, 01:54 PM
- By AE14 in forum Supplement LogsReplies: 104Last Post: 01-19-2009, 03:24 PM
- By vikinginc in forum Supplement LogsReplies: 0Last Post: 09-03-2008, 12:30 AM
- By Norwegian in forum Supplement LogsReplies: 244Last Post: 04-08-2008, 07:41 PM
- By strategicmove in forum Supplement LogsReplies: 19Last Post: 02-06-2008, 05:27 AM