Nothing is more important than sleep - sponsored Somnidren GH log (unsponsored ZMK)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last
  1. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Nothing is more important than sleep - sponsored Somnidren GH log (unsponsored ZMK)

We worry about getting in simple carbs within 1/2 hr of workout with some scientifically derived mix of amino acids to boost recovery. We concern ourselves with working out detailed ratios of proteins/carbs/fats and obsess over the details. Whats funny is the body part that is most limiting rarely gets recovery specific supplementation. What the hell am I talking about? The central nervous system (CNS).

The CNS is more of a limitation in general than your muscles are. If you can't get enough mental + nervous energy to fire the muscles, the weight won't go up. Powerlifters go through their deloading in the weeks before an event, largely to let their CNS be completely rested so they can give it all in the event. In general, rest is the only thing that helps you regain CNS.

Lots of us have differing issues with sleep. I've got most of them I have a very hard time falling asleep in the first place, as I have a lot of projects on my plate all the time between home + work. I also have light sleep apnea, as well as light arthritis, and have always been a light sleep. So i'm prone to waking up repetitively through the night and have a hard time falling back asleep at times. I've used a variety of different sleep aids over time both OTC + prescription, but never found ones I really liked.

Over the last year as I started getting more into bodybuilding and supplementation, I started experimenting with a number of the different sleep aids, and found that the l-dopa products worked well, and gaba wasn't all bad after the first few minutes. Tryptophan worked nice too, and phenibut did as well. At the same time, I sort of felt like I was throwing darts in a room with no lights, as I wasn't really sure what doses would work over the long term.

When ZMK came out, I ordered a bottle. Regular ZMA products helped me a little sleep wise, not enormously. ZMK was definitely nicer as a sleep aid. I'd wake up better rested, and fall asleep easier. So when Somnidren GH was coming out, I couldn't resist and bought a bottle out of the first batch. I liked it well enough that I put my name in to be a logger for it. If I wasn't selected, I still would be buying a new bottle anyhow. So this log will contain my workout details, as well as sleep related stuff. Over the last few days i've been travelling, and I have been using my original bottle of somnidren while in hotel rooms to help me sleep and its been working great. my house is somewhat rural, so theres not a lot of traffic noise (unlike most hotels in cities). But i'll fill in more detail as we go.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far

2. Registered User

Right On. First SUB!!!

Good luck!
  3. Registered User

I'm In!
    •   

4. Bananas
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.

Hope it helps you Easy.... sub-dizzled
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  5. Registered User

Subbed Easy!
  6. Registered User

im in!
  7. AI Sports Nutrition
    Board Sponsor

Smile

I am in like you i had severe sleep problems product has worked magic with me good luck bro
  8. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

I'm in. Gotta love a log from Easy!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  9. Banned

Count me in.

I'll be ordering ZMK soon. I'm looking forward to see how Somnidren GH helps you out.
  10. Registered User

great start, easy!
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/189130-iforce-intimidate-log.html
    iForce INTIMIDATE Log/Review
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

subbed!
  12. Registered User

subbed and ready for bed.....

13. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Nice nites sleep last nite, woke up once for toilet, not any other times. Took zmk at 930, somnidren at 10, watch some tv till 1030, asleep by 11. Woke up for the day at 730, feeling well rested. Shoulders + lats still a little sore from friday, nothing too bad
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  14. AI Sports Nutrition
    Board Sponsor

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Nice nites sleep last nite, woke up once for toilet, not any other times. Took zmk at 930, somnidren at 10, watch some tv till 1030, asleep by 11. Woke up for the day at 730, feeling well rested. Shoulders + lats still a little sore from friday, nothing too bad
    Ah yes same here with me the old toliet run but waking once is better than waking 4+ times a night like i use to glad it working for ya bro
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  176 lbs.

alright. i found your log.
    let the fun commence.
  16. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Easy how are you going to run this 5 on 2 off? Straight thru......
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  17. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

I'm going with the 20 on, 5 off. I took the week of 11/26-30 off, so I should be good for 2 more weeks. not sure what i'll take the 5 days off this time.

Weighed in at 198 today. Modifying my workout a little with the start of the 1-t just compressing the 4 workout days into 3, and removing 1 rest day as well. Actually in the end removing all rest days, as I plan to do cardio the rest days
    This space for rent

18. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

I actually started the 1-t late evening yesterday . I noticed some lethargy. took one cap opened into 1 tbsp of fish oil + 3 pumps sesamin, wasn't the worst thing on earth. Second cap just with 1 tbsp fish oil, not opened.

This morning 1 cap opened in my mouth, with 1 tbsp fish oil.

Bench press 165x1, 155x1, 145x1, 135x6, 135x5
    Incline press 115x0, 110x2, 95x9, 95x7
    Vertical bench press 80x16
    Barbell curls 95x1, 85x1, 80x6, 80x5
    note the 95 + 85 were with a 7' olympic bar. my forearms hurt horribly with that, so I went back to the fixed barbells and they didn't hurt at all...

Dumbbell curls 30x10, 25x13
    EZ-barbell curls 65x18
    Squats 135x0, 125x1, 115x1, 95x5, 95x4
    Leg press 180+skid x 10, 180+skid x 12
    Hack squats 130x5, I just about fell out of the machine

a pretty nice workout, I'm not doing it that way again The squats after the bench + biceps sucked. I was already mostly drained. The only reason I banged out 12 on the second set of the presses was that I was listening to Queensryche's Operation Mindcrime, and it was Eyes of a Stranger playing Next week i'll put squats on another day, maybe move calves to this day? or abs
    This space for rent

19. Banned

Another log by Easy... sweet!

SuBBeD!
  20. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

sleep was good last nite, fell asleep about 45 min after taking somnidren at 10:15 (which was 30 min after zmk) at first I didnt think I was going to fall asleep at all and then wham, out. Woke around 12:30 to pee. Slept thru the first alarm, work up about 15 minutes later at 610, feeling well rested. Not as sore from monday's workout as I would have exprected

scale says 197

Front latpulldown 170x6 170x5 170x3
    Seated cable rows 150x10 150x7
    Dumbbell rows 40x14
    Standing calf raises 180x6 180x6 180x5
    Seated calf raises 90x10 90x7
    Bend-over calf raises - don't have this, did standing 90x13
    Leg lifts 1 set 15 reps
    roman chair crunches 1 set 15 reps
    side bends 1 set 15 reps

A nice workout! took 2 Adrenaline for a preworkout stim for extra energy. Feels good doing the lat pulldowns with that much weight
    This space for rent

21. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

took somnidren last nite together with zmk at 10:15, was out by 1045. woke up around 1:15 to pee, went right back to sleep and slept till 630ish. wanted to stay in bed, but that was mostly from DOMS from squats convinced myself to go to the gym anyhow

Behind the neck press 95x6 100x4!!! 95x1 85x1 45x4 thats up 10lbs from prior max on 12/7 in a single jump. I only managed 90x5 that day
    Standing upright rows 65x9 65x7. I couldn't recall what I did last time (was 75) but after the new PR on the press, i'm not surprised i didn't have a ton left in me. Might have been able to do 75 for the same reps.
    overhead press (machine) 80x14

Lying triceps press 75x3 65x3 45x3
    Overhead triceps press 45x8, 45x6
    Triceps pushdown 110x14

Leg lifts 1 set 15 reps
    side bends 1 set 15 reps
    roman chair russian twists with 20lb barbell 1 set 10 reps
    decline crunches with 45lb plate 1 set 12 reps

So a 10lb jump on the standing neck press, thats an 11% climb. not too surprised that took a little toll on the later exersizes. a pretty good workout all around.
    This space for rent

22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

hey easy a little somthing ive heard/learned is behind the neck press (im assuming your talking about military press but behind the press if not then this is totally irrevelant) it is a bad idea to do it behind your head cause there is a great risk of injury i forget what part of the body it was ill try to find it i just know it isnt a good exercise it can cause some serious damage at straining weight just giving you a heads up, but great job so far man keep up the great work!! if im completly wrong with what i said scientifically then im sorry i just known ive hear dit a lot and i dont do it myself and im just passing it on to a friend
    later brotha
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by king1033 View Post
    hey easy a little somthing ive heard/learned is behind the neck press (im assuming your talking about military press but behind the press if not then this is totally irrevelant) it is a bad idea to do it behind your head cause there is a great risk of injury i forget what part of the body it was ill try to find it i just know it isnt a good exercise it can cause some serious damage at straining weight just giving you a heads up, but great job so far man keep up the great work!! if im completly wrong with what i said scientifically then im sorry i just known ive hear dit a lot and i dont do it myself and im just passing it on to a friend
    later brotha
    ps somidren arrived today as well as carboxy!!!
  24. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Hmm i'll look around some for info on that. I'm doing it as part of the SAIS routine

http://www.nutrex.com/saismassbuilding.html

so I would guess it is "safe" but who knows. you should enjoy both the 1-c + somnidren
    This space for rent

25. AI Sports Nutrition
    Board Sponsor

I heard the same thing on behind the neck no actual proof but did hear that it was bad. Great job though Easy keep it up
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  26. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    took somnidren last nite together with zmk at 10:15, was out by 1045. woke up around 1:15 to pee, went right back to sleep and slept till 630ish. wanted to stay in bed, but that was mostly from DOMS from squats convinced myself to go to the gym anyhow

Behind the neck press 95x6 100x4!!! 95x1 85x1 45x4 thats up 10lbs from prior max on 12/7 in a single jump. I only managed 90x5 that day
    Standing upright rows 65x9 65x7. I couldn't recall what I did last time (was 75) but after the new PR on the press, i'm not surprised i didn't have a ton left in me. Might have been able to do 75 for the same reps.
    overhead press (machine) 80x14

Lying triceps press 75x3 65x3 45x3
    Overhead triceps press 45x8, 45x6
    Triceps pushdown 110x14

Leg lifts 1 set 15 reps
    side bends 1 set 15 reps
    roman chair russian twists with 20lb barbell 1 set 10 reps
    decline crunches with 45lb plate 1 set 12 reps

So a 10lb jump on the standing neck press, thats an 11% climb. not too surprised that took a little toll on the later exersizes. a pretty good workout all around.
    Great Session Easy! Nice job on the shoulder presses.

The only time I have personally injured myself with that exercise was when I did them on the smith machine. I think it was due to the fixed range the machine put me in. I still do behind the neck presses each week because they are so effective "for me". I can't seem to get the same effect with any other shoulder pressing movement, not even db's. I don't bring the bar all the way down to my traps though. I stop right below the ears.

Keep up the great work!
  27. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

I should add here that i've been taking around 2/3-4/5 a full dose sublingually. the scoop is filled up to about the level of the handle. thats right about the range where if I go a little to the low side I don't get the gaba flush, but still get good sleep
    This space for rent

28. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

about 2/3 scoop sublingually last nite right after zmk at around 10:15. didn't get the gaba flush which is nice. went into a semi sleep state, not totally asleep though, got out of bed around 11:30 to pee, and when I got into bed immediately fell into a deep sleep. woke up around 6:10 feeling rested, still a bit of calf and hamstring soreness, but this week was the first time working calves in months. traps a little tender, but not too bad. 198 on scale today. Did 10 minutes on recumbent bike as warmup, then 20 minutes on precor crossramp as HIIT, then 5 minutes cooldown. was hitting heart rate into 160s-170 on the high points, and the rest periods were down to 130s. The cardio performance was nice given that the last time I did cardio regularly was back in August...
    This space for rent

29. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Decided to kick things up a notch fatloss wise, so started taking leviathan reloaded, will dose at 2 caps 2x daily.
    This space for rent

30. Banned

Great log man!!! have you used leviathan before?? i used the first version its powerful stuff
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Pre-Workout more important than Post Workout?
    By Dwight Schrute in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 05-30-2008, 02:56 PM
  2. Truth is more important than party
    By INFOHAZARD in forum Politics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-12-2005, 12:10 AM
  3. Pre vs. Post w/o drink, Pre is more important!!!
    By fiddler in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-10-2004, 07:31 AM
  4. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-25-2003, 11:24 PM