Nothing is more important than sleep - sponsored Somnidren GH log (unsponsored ZMK)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We worry about getting in simple carbs within 1/2 hr of workout with some scientifically derived mix of amino acids to boost recovery. We concern ourselves with working out detailed ratios of proteins/carbs/fats and obsess over the details. Whats funny is the body part that is most limiting rarely gets recovery specific supplementation. What the hell am I talking about? The central nervous system (CNS).

The CNS is more of a limitation in general than your muscles are. If you can't get enough mental + nervous energy to fire the muscles, the weight won't go up. Powerlifters go through their deloading in the weeks before an event, largely to let their CNS be completely rested so they can give it all in the event. In general, rest is the only thing that helps you regain CNS.

Lots of us have differing issues with sleep. I've got most of them :( I have a very hard time falling asleep in the first place, as I have a lot of projects on my plate all the time between home + work. I also have light sleep apnea, as well as light arthritis, and have always been a light sleep. So i'm prone to waking up repetitively through the night and have a hard time falling back asleep at times. I've used a variety of different sleep aids over time both OTC + prescription, but never found ones I really liked.

Over the last year as I started getting more into bodybuilding and supplementation, I started experimenting with a number of the different sleep aids, and found that the l-dopa products worked well, and gaba wasn't all bad after the first few minutes. Tryptophan worked nice too, and phenibut did as well. At the same time, I sort of felt like I was throwing darts in a room with no lights, as I wasn't really sure what doses would work over the long term.

When ZMK came out, I ordered a bottle. Regular ZMA products helped me a little sleep wise, not enormously. ZMK was definitely nicer as a sleep aid. I'd wake up better rested, and fall asleep easier. So when Somnidren GH was coming out, I couldn't resist and bought a bottle out of the first batch. I liked it well enough that I put my name in to be a logger for it. If I wasn't selected, I still would be buying a new bottle anyhow. So this log will contain my workout details, as well as sleep related stuff. Over the last few days i've been travelling, and I have been using my original bottle of somnidren while in hotel rooms to help me sleep and its been working great. my house is somewhat rural, so theres not a lot of traffic noise (unlike most hotels in cities). But i'll fill in more detail as we go.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hope it helps you Easy.... sub-dizzled

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Count me in.

I'll be ordering ZMK soon. I'm looking forward to see how Somnidren GH helps you out.

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
great start, easy!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice nites sleep last nite, woke up once for toilet, not any other times. Took zmk at 930, somnidren at 10, watch some tv till 1030, asleep by 11. Woke up for the day at 730, feeling well rested. Shoulders + lats still a little sore from friday, nothing too bad

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice nites sleep last nite, woke up once for toilet, not any other times. Took zmk at 930, somnidren at 10, watch some tv till 1030, asleep by 11. Woke up for the day at 730, feeling well rested. Shoulders + lats still a little sore from friday, nothing too bad
Ah yes same here with me the old toliet run but waking once is better than waking 4+ times a night like i use to glad it working for ya bro

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
alright. i found your log.
let the fun commence.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm going with the 20 on, 5 off. I took the week of 11/26-30 off, so I should be good for 2 more weeks. not sure what i'll take the 5 days off this time.

Weighed in at 198 today. Modifying my workout a little with the start of the 1-t :woohoo: just compressing the 4 workout days into 3, and removing 1 rest day as well. Actually in the end removing all rest days, as I plan to do cardio the rest days :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I actually started the 1-t late evening yesterday . I noticed some lethargy. took one cap opened into 1 tbsp of fish oil + 3 pumps sesamin, wasn't the worst thing on earth. Second cap just with 1 tbsp fish oil, not opened.

This morning 1 cap opened in my mouth, with 1 tbsp fish oil.

Bench press 165x1, 155x1, 145x1, 135x6, 135x5
Incline press 115x0, 110x2, 95x9, 95x7
Vertical bench press 80x16
Barbell curls 95x1, 85x1, 80x6, 80x5
note the 95 + 85 were with a 7' olympic bar. my forearms hurt horribly with that, so I went back to the fixed barbells and they didn't hurt at all...

Dumbbell curls 30x10, 25x13
EZ-barbell curls 65x18
Squats 135x0, 125x1, 115x1, 95x5, 95x4
Leg press 180+skid x 10, 180+skid x 12
Hack squats 130x5, I just about fell out of the machine

a pretty nice workout, I'm not doing it that way again The squats after the bench + biceps sucked. I was already mostly drained. The only reason I banged out 12 on the second set of the presses was that I was listening to Queensryche's Operation Mindcrime, and it was Eyes of a Stranger playing Next week i'll put squats on another day, maybe move calves to this day? or abs

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
sleep was good last nite, fell asleep about 45 min after taking somnidren at 10:15 (which was 30 min after zmk) at first I didnt think I was going to fall asleep at all and then wham, out. Woke around 12:30 to pee. Slept thru the first alarm, work up about 15 minutes later at 610, feeling well rested. Not as sore from monday's workout as I would have exprected :)

scale says 197

Front latpulldown 170x6 170x5 170x3
Seated cable rows 150x10 150x7
Dumbbell rows 40x14
Standing calf raises 180x6 180x6 180x5
Seated calf raises 90x10 90x7
Bend-over calf raises - don't have this, did standing 90x13
Leg lifts 1 set 15 reps
roman chair crunches 1 set 15 reps
side bends 1 set 15 reps

A nice workout! took 2 Adrenaline for a preworkout stim for extra energy. Feels good doing the lat pulldowns with that much weight :D

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
took somnidren last nite together with zmk at 10:15, was out by 1045. woke up around 1:15 to pee, went right back to sleep and slept till 630ish. wanted to stay in bed, but that was mostly from DOMS from squats :D convinced myself to go to the gym anyhow

Behind the neck press 95x6 100x4!!! 95x1 85x1 45x4 thats up 10lbs from prior max on 12/7 in a single jump. I only managed 90x5 that day
Standing upright rows 65x9 65x7. I couldn't recall what I did last time (was 75) but after the new PR on the press, i'm not surprised i didn't have a ton left in me. Might have been able to do 75 for the same reps.
overhead press (machine) 80x14

Lying triceps press 75x3 65x3 45x3
Overhead triceps press 45x8, 45x6
Triceps pushdown 110x14

Leg lifts 1 set 15 reps
side bends 1 set 15 reps
roman chair russian twists with 20lb barbell 1 set 10 reps
decline crunches with 45lb plate 1 set 12 reps

So a 10lb jump on the standing neck press, thats an 11% climb. not too surprised that took a little toll on the later exersizes. a pretty good workout all around.

king1033

king1033

Awards
  • Established
hey easy a little somthing ive heard/learned is behind the neck press (im assuming your talking about military press but behind the press if not then this is totally irrevelant) it is a bad idea to do it behind your head cause there is a great risk of injury i forget what part of the body it was ill try to find it i just know it isnt a good exercise it can cause some serious damage at straining weight just giving you a heads up, but great job so far man keep up the great work!! if im completly wrong with what i said scientifically then im sorry i just known ive hear dit a lot and i dont do it myself and im just passing it on to a friend
later brotha

king1033

king1033

Awards
  • Established
hey easy a little somthing ive heard/learned is behind the neck press (im assuming your talking about military press but behind the press if not then this is totally irrevelant) it is a bad idea to do it behind your head cause there is a great risk of injury i forget what part of the body it was ill try to find it i just know it isnt a good exercise it can cause some serious damage at straining weight just giving you a heads up, but great job so far man keep up the great work!! if im completly wrong with what i said scientifically then im sorry i just known ive hear dit a lot and i dont do it myself and im just passing it on to a friend
later brotha
ps somidren arrived today as well as carboxy!!!

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
took somnidren last nite together with zmk at 10:15, was out by 1045. woke up around 1:15 to pee, went right back to sleep and slept till 630ish. wanted to stay in bed, but that was mostly from DOMS from squats :D convinced myself to go to the gym anyhow

Behind the neck press 95x6 100x4!!! 95x1 85x1 45x4 thats up 10lbs from prior max on 12/7 in a single jump. I only managed 90x5 that day
Standing upright rows 65x9 65x7. I couldn't recall what I did last time (was 75) but after the new PR on the press, i'm not surprised i didn't have a ton left in me. Might have been able to do 75 for the same reps.
overhead press (machine) 80x14

Lying triceps press 75x3 65x3 45x3
Overhead triceps press 45x8, 45x6
Triceps pushdown 110x14

Leg lifts 1 set 15 reps
side bends 1 set 15 reps
roman chair russian twists with 20lb barbell 1 set 10 reps
decline crunches with 45lb plate 1 set 12 reps

So a 10lb jump on the standing neck press, thats an 11% climb. not too surprised that took a little toll on the later exersizes. a pretty good workout all around.
Great Session Easy! Nice job on the shoulder presses.

The only time I have personally injured myself with that exercise was when I did them on the smith machine. I think it was due to the fixed range the machine put me in. I still do behind the neck presses each week because they are so effective "for me". I can't seem to get the same effect with any other shoulder pressing movement, not even db's. I don't bring the bar all the way down to my traps though. I stop right below the ears.

Keep up the great work!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I should add here that i've been taking around 2/3-4/5 a full dose sublingually. the scoop is filled up to about the level of the handle. thats right about the range where if I go a little to the low side I don't get the gaba flush, but still get good sleep :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
about 2/3 scoop sublingually last nite right after zmk at around 10:15. didn't get the gaba flush which is nice. went into a semi sleep state, not totally asleep though, got out of bed around 11:30 to pee, and when I got into bed immediately fell into a deep sleep. woke up around 6:10 feeling rested, still a bit of calf and hamstring soreness, but this week was the first time working calves in months. traps a little tender, but not too bad. 198 on scale today. Did 10 minutes on recumbent bike as warmup, then 20 minutes on precor crossramp as HIIT, then 5 minutes cooldown. was hitting heart rate into 160s-170 on the high points, and the rest periods were down to 130s. The cardio performance was nice given that the last time I did cardio regularly was back in August...

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Decided to kick things up a notch fatloss wise, so started taking leviathan reloaded, will dose at 2 caps 2x daily.

moveweight

moveweight

Banned
Awards
Great log man!!! have you used leviathan before?? i used the first version its powerful stuff

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, I used it for 8 weeks, worked pretty well. I used it part of a bulk and part of a cut, helped on both parts I thought.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
zmk + somnidren (2/3 scoop sublingual) at 945, asleep by 10:15ish woke at 12:45 to pee, then slept thru till alarm at 630. didn't want to get out of bed. not exactly groggy, just didn't want to get out :D Soreness from mon - wed workouts almost totally gone. a little stiffness in calves, but not bad.

196 on the scale again. I haven't broken below this during this millenia. We'll see what happens this week. Did cardio today, 10 min warmup on recumbent bike, 30 min on precor crossramp keeping HR between 135 + 180. felt good afterwards.

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
HaHa, I didn't want to peel myself out of bed either this morning. I knew the snow shovel was calling my name :mad:

That 196 is history next week :thumbsup:

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Decided to kick things up a notch fatloss wise, so started taking leviathan reloaded, will dose at 2 caps 2x daily.
Yeeeeeee Haaaaaaw Coyboy.....That's whats up!

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just want to make sure I don't turn this 1-t cycle into a kitchen sink cycle :)
Stims with any cycle are a must!.......LR is more of a mood enhance,thermogenic. Very awsome combination!!

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Did someone mention the kitchen sink cycle? Those are my favorites!!!! LOL!

When I'm on cycle sometimes, I fell bad because I'm taking so many pills... Stims / Cycle Protection / GH / Cissus - then the actual PH/PS on top... I'm a madman damnit!

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did someone mention the kitchen sink cycle? Those are my favorites!!!! LOL!

When I'm on cycle sometimes, I fell bad because I'm taking so many pills... Stims / Cycle Protection / GH / Cissus - then the actual PH/PS on top... I'm a madman damnit!
kitchen sink

Is that not where Muscle Tech mixes all the junk in their supps:blink:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
took zmk + somnidren at 930, woke at 12:15 to pee. My wife had the alarm set for 2:45 since she had to do some QA work on her company's web site at 3, I don't even recall waking up for that. She came back to bed at 5 and I woke up momentarily, and went back to sleep, got up finally around 830, was 196 on the scale. Hit the gym for day 1 of my rotation again. This is the first time i've done this with only 5 days between on this routine (its normally a full week)

Bench press 155x1, 150x1, 145x1, 135x4 - I give up on trying to start high. next week 145 it is.
Incline press 115x1.5, 110x9, 110x7 - woohoo! did 110 for what I did 95 for last week
Vertical bench press 80x17

Barbell curls 90x5, 80x6, 80x5 - my form really sucks, I have to rock my upper body to get the 90 up, even the 80 really. I'm going to try 70 for clean form instead next week without moving my upper body.
Dumbbell curls 30x10, 30x9
EZ-barbell curls 65x8, 45x16

decline crunches 45lbs x 12
leg pull ins (on pull down cable machine set to its lowest position, using a belt around your feet, starting with cable tight at legs all the way out) 70x14
side bends 40x12
roman chair 25lbx12
roman chair russian twists 18lbx11

Pretty good workout. my flat bench presses irritate me, i'm soon going to pass my flat bench with my incline bench.... But each week I start optimistically, and totally fatigue the muscles trying to get 1 rep out, and then they are toast to do a working set. No more, next time that changes. Other than that, some decent progress on bis. Feeling good all around.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
took zmk + somnidren at about 10:15 last nite. decided to try a whole scoop of somnidren sublingually split as 2 doses. the gaba flush wasn't as bad as previously on a full scoop, but still there. asleep by 11. woke around 12:30 to pee, again my wife had to get up at 3 and I didn't notice her getting up, but did wake up when she got back in bed at 4:15. didn't really fall totally asleep till almost 7 I think, I was in a half asleep half awake state. got out of bed at 9 finally, feeling well rested :)

scale says 196

Front latpulldown 170x6 170x3 160x6
Seated cable rows 150x8 150x10 ? not sure why
Dumbbell rows 45x11, 45x10

Squats 125x6, 125x4, 115x3
Leg press 200+skid x 10, 200+skid x 7
Hack squats 90x14

Standing calf raises 180x6 180x5 180x5
Seated calf raises 90x10 90x7
standing calf raises - 90x16

flat bench press 135x6, 135x2
reverse barbell curls 50x6
barbell curls 50x 12
machine preacher curls 50x12

Just had tons of spare juice left in me so I figured i'd supplement yesterdays workout a little. we'll see if I regret it tomorrow :D

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
took zmk + somnidren at 10:15, asleep by 10:45. work a little after 12 to pee, alarm damn well went off at 3, fell back asleep, woke at 530, and just stayed in bed till 7. Didn't work out today, just too beat up from yesterday. thats the minus to having lots of energy and feeling like you can go all day, you pay for it the following day.

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
took zmk + somnidren at 10:15, asleep by 10:45. work a little after 12 to pee, alarm damn well went off at 3, fell back asleep, woke at 530, and just stayed in bed till 7. Didn't work out today, just too beat up from yesterday. thats the minus to having lots of energy and feeling like you can go all day, you pay for it the following day.

HaHa! After yesterdays workout I don't blame you for taking the day off. Way to go.

Oh, yeah, that 3:00am alarm thing sounds like it sucks a little. ;)

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
HaHa! After yesterdays workout I don't blame you for taking the day off. Way to go.

Oh, yeah, that 3:00am alarm thing sounds like it sucks a little. ;)

Yeah i would be sleeping on the sofa:yawn:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
she just forgot to turn it off :p I have to remember to fix that tonite :D

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
lookin' great in here, easy! do you recall more dreams with S-GH? it's been crazy with me and most of the others who are logging it.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, although its starting to drop off some. Last night was something about a trip to hawaii, can't recall much of the details. I think i'm close to ready to a couple more days off actually to raise effectiveness again. I'm still on the first container I had bought, haven't finished it yet, as i'm dosing around 2/3 scoop a day sublingually, and that seems to work really well

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ah missed updating yesterday post workout. oh well. was a good workout, not spectacular, not bad either :)

last nite was somnidren at same time as zmk, asleep within 30-40 minutes. woke 2 or 3 times to pee, a bit excessive :) still feel asleep right away each time. Had some weird dreams, but don't recall them now. Woke up nicely rested, did 20 minutes of mid intensity cardio (HR around 120) then 20 minutes interval (HR between 135 + 190). I was a little surprised, I was still pretty coherent when I hit 190. i'm using a reebok monitor with chest strap, so i'm pretty confident its accurate. I probably couldn't have carried a conversation, but I was still able to pay attention to the TV :) I watch cartoons in the mornings for cardio, spongebob and "Ready Set Learn" preferably ;)

Ah yeah, I was at 194 on the scale today :D

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
Great job on the cardio. I'm a cartoon cardio guy myself, but its not by choice ;) The only time I can get my HR up to 190 and be coherent is on C5. Without it, not a chance.

194? :woohoo: Congrats!